Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonandsixpens' builds _ New *the novelist's residence*

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Both your recent lots are great @moonandsixpens. I LOVE the industrial build garden - you really created an interesting atmosphere. Well done :D
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    I love the Factory build a lot, because its realistic, and not just a big, ugly block of apartments. It's hard to make large builds look good in the Sims 3, but you've done it.

I especially like the heightened dome ceiling in the pool area. I suppose that's not a standard height wall to begin with and then you've thrown a nice dome on it as well.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you @rosemow @soocoolsim @HunterInShadow ! I tried pretty hard building this one and I am really glad that you liked it.

Indeed I don't build on large lots a lot because they are hard to pull off (for me). I didn't know what to do with a large lobby so I build up walls around some empty space and pretend it's an apartment unit (the room next to the stairs on the top right hand side) XD
    tumblr_nli04fe4841unxm84o5_1280.jpg

Maybe I'll do some research online to find out more about how people do it when they modify old factories into residences. Meanwhile any suggestions are welcomed :smiley:
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Some more photos for the Tesla Effect seaside mansion. This time with better resolution :D

tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlngn67WXq1unxm84o6_1280.jpg

The bedrooms in game were open bedrooms but I want to give my sims some privacy. Murphy (a hardboiled detective players play in Tesla Effect) said he never understood the point of open bedrooms anyway :p

I am still not sure about the colour scheme. In the game it’s always at night, everything was so dark, colours were distorted. And I realise now that a house from a noir game doesn't really fit for Enekjaer Island. Maybe I'll move it to Bridgeport and take photos at night :p

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Tesla Effect home looks very nice! :) Very nice light filled dining area! Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors through the glass windows whilst dining there. The living room is very nice! Very nice texture that you have used for the walls! The bookcases look nice how they are placed either sides of the fireplace. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the arnchairs there reading a book and warming up in front of the fire. The bedrooms are very nice! The bedhead wall pattern and colour and the floor rug underneath the beds looks nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the bedroom windows whilst laying in bed. The green plants on the side table are nice touches in the room.
    It is a very nice light filled home.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I am still working on the old factory and have decided to call it Capital M because Lotta Greaves (I resurrected her and moved her into my active family. long story :p) finished an “urban masterpiece” street art on the wall behind the juice bar and I really liked her drawing. While calling my build “urban masterpiece” was being conceited, I adopted a more subtle designation ;)

The living room:
    tumblr_nlr5jxDHZn1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr5jxDHZn1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr5jxDHZn1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr5jxDHZn1unxm84o7_1280.jpg

I can't decide which one to keep. I think I'll make some further modification on this:
    tumblr_nlr6csuAcy1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr6csuAcy1unxm84o1_1280.jpg

The kitchen/dinning room. The wall with paintings on it needs some serious redesign...
    tumblr_nlr6l98Hzc1unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr6l98Hzc1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlr6l98Hzc1unxm84o4_1280.jpg

The balcony outside the kitchen:
    tumblr_nlr6fqO6kk1unxm84o1_1280.jpg

I know this is out of topic but boy, is Lotta Greaves beautiful!
    tumblr_nlr6q0cRk91unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    Post edited by moonandsixpens on

• Options
    Your interior of your WIP Capital M is very nice! :) Very nice layout of the living room! Very window tv, armchairs, and study desk nooks! They are very nice! Sims will enjoy looking out at the nice views whilst either sitting at the desk table using the computer, resting on the armchair having a read or relaxing on the sofa watching tv. The views would be so very nice! The dome type windows look very great there! The books and music statue are nice touches on the tv table, and the books decor look great in the armchair nook. Both options of how you have done the stereo wall look very nice! The brick texture of the wall there and in the kitchen looks nice. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music. The kitchen and dining area looks very nice! Very nice window alcove dining area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst dining there. The fruit bowl on the dining table and the ceiling hanging basket are nice touches there. It looks grear how you have placed the kitchen shelves into the corner. The flour bags on the kitchen shelf and the hanging pots are great kitchen touches there. Sims will have very nice views from the balcony outside the kitchen when sitting on the rocking chair !
    Your sim is very nice! :) Her skin tone, hair and eyes are very nice.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @moonandsixpens I really like your factory conversion, looks realistic and has a nice modern vibe combined with the classic industrial look. Makes me want to try my hand at a similar build. So far, I've made a few apartment buildings and a huge fraternity house, so I think I can handle a large build, when I want to do one.

I've been too busy at work to try and play TS3 after getting home, but I've also been thinking about building a sim-realistic version of the Simpsons house, complete with Simified versions of the Simpsons. As always with TV houses, the layout is a bit of a mess, but I think I can pull off a reasonable one, if I put my skills on it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you @rosemow @HunterInShadow :)

@HunterInShadow I am looking forward to see your Simpsons house when you can find the time to build! I like converting houses from TV shows, movies and other games too :)

• Options
    I can't believe it... My game quitted unexpectedly while saving and I was looking at somewhere else instead of my screen. When I looked back, the save was gone! It was the only save for with the factory house in it and it was gone!
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fry_screaming_in_horror.gif[/img]

I don't know why this is happening, probably because of some mods I downloaded? Recently the game has become highly unstable despite that I have reset it, twice. I installed some mods during the process so I figure somehow they affected the game? But the symptoms didn't occur right after I added the mods, at first after the second reset the game went amazingly well. UUUggghhhh this is frustrating. I usually save the build instead of the game but this time I moved a family in and built in live mode instead of edit town so i can easily take pictures and I thought I could just have one save for the build because what could go wrong? So wrong! Somehow the game didn't bother to generate a nice backup file for me even though I saved-as constantly. So the situation was officially messed up...

Anyway I restart the game and found that yesterday I saved the house into the library! Oh my! I only made minor modifications to the build today and I didn't have much progress on the bedroom, and now it turned out being a good thing! All I had to do was to redo the changes from today instead of redecorating the whole apartment unit! Now I am happy again!

...Ok I am being way to emotional about a game I do have a life though :s

tumblr_nlt9c9bYT11unxm84o1_1280.jpg

"Look here! I am the trash can now gimme those spoiled tofu dogs!"
    tumblr_nlt9c9bYT11unxm84o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlt9c9bYT11unxm84o3_1280.jpg

• Options
    I am glad that you had saved the build to the library! :) That is great! It is not good that you lost the save file but is great that you didn't lose the build! The wall shelving and brick work texture of the dining area wall looks great! The clock and the items on the shelf are nice touches there. It looks nice that you have continued the brick work to that wall too. Your changes to the stereo wall area look great!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @HunterInShadow I am looking forward to see your Simpsons house when you can find the time to build! I like converting houses from TV shows, movies and other games too :)

I will definitely post screenshots then, when I decide to build it. It will be my first TV house build, so it may take some time to work it all out. Problem areas would be:

- The living room setup: There seems to be a formal living room with a bay window and a fireplace, as well as a smaller "TV room" where Homer slouches on the couch and watches TV all the time. Both of these seem to be connected to the kitchen area and having an entrance from the main foyer, depending on the episode. Also in some episodes, there seems to be a back door in the TV room, so it must be set in the back of the house, with an archway from the large family room and on into the kitchen. Although this setup conflicts with the formal living room being connected to the kitchen, it mimics the way the house flows, as you enter the formal living room from the (camera) right and also enter the TV room from (camera) right.

- The upstairs layout: Both Bart's room and Lisa's room have been shown to be on the rear of the house, but that would leave Maggie's room on the front of the house, on the opposite end of the house from the master bedroom, where Homie and Marge sleep (which would be a bit odd considering that Maggie is a baby and would probably benefit having a room nearer to the master bedroom). Add a pair of bathrooms (the master bedroom is shown to have it's own en-suite, as well as the house having a family bathroom along the upstairs walkway), and we have quite a bit of rooms to figure out. Also, if Maggie's room is moved closer to the master bedroom, then either Bart or Lisa will have to have a room on the front of the house, which in turn conflicts with the established canon layout.

- The garage/hallway setup: From the title sequence, we know that the garage is somehow connected to the house from the door at the back of the garage, yet the connecting room has never been actually shown. Also, this room would also contain the basement access, that has only been seen from the basement. This would also allow access from the kitchen to the formal dining room, on the opposite side of the foyer from the large family room.

Hmm, I wonder if I should do my own layout or just use this one. Seems to be fairly close to what I had in mind. The plans are not mine, so I'll probably have to take them down if the gurus tell me to. I%C3%B1aki-Aliste-Lizarralde-hand-drawn-floorplans-01.jpg

Oh, yeah, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll do my own once I get the build going.
    Post edited by HunterInShadow on
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow :smiley: I am so relieved when I saw it in the library.

@HunterInShadow I have never watched the show but the floor plan Looks pretty good, definitely doable in sims 3. Way to go!

• Options
    I finally finished the old factory apartment and now I realise "Capital M" is a really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 name!

I don't know about you guys but I really like what I've done with the bedroom :D
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o4_1280.jpg

And this is the entrance/hallway:
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o1_1280.jpg

And I hate the bathroom, it's purely functional and I ran out of industrial design ideas :\
    tumblr_nlw3pjgYgd1unxm84o2_1280.jpg

But overall I am glad that I managed to pull off the build without using 3rd party CCs (except for "one more slot please" by granthes from mts. My gratitudes :) ).

• Options
    Looks nice, I like it. Don't worry about the bathroom, you can always tweak it later, when you get some fresh ideas. Until then, that'll do for a placeholder setup. Remember to save it to bin for safe keeping and for later usage.
  • Options
    Looks nice, I like it. Don't worry about the bathroom, you can always tweak it later, when you get some fresh ideas. Until then, that'll do for a placeholder setup. Remember to save it to bin for safe keeping and for later usage.

Thank you HunterInShadow, that's a good advice :D

• Options
    The bedroom is very nice! :) The white/grey brick walls looks nice. The black colour of the bed, floor rug and armchair look very nice with the colour of the walls. Nice armchair sitting area. The clothes rack looks great there, and the books besude the chair look great, reflecting a sim placing them there after reading them. The white hologram plant looks very nice in the corner nook! The types of lights that you have used in the room look very nice! Very nice dresser alcove! The books and flowers look great on the table beside the dresser. The white, black and grey colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Very nice entrance hallway! The reading nook is very nice! Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors through the arch windows whilst sitting there. The picture you have taken of the Autumn trees through the window is very nice! The shoes rack is a nice touch there. The sunflowers are a nice sunny touch for sims to see as they enter the home. The window bathtub alcove in the bathroom looks very nice! The curtains look nice on the windows, and sims will enjoy bathing there with the sunlight coming in.
    The build is very nice! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you for the warm comments, as always :)

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Beautiful pics moonandsixpens! You did a fabulous job!
  • Options
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Beautiful pics moonandsixpens! You did a fabulous job!

Thanks MeaganJo :)

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    You are very welcome! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am building a new house in Aurora Skies :D I am not very patient with landscaping but I tried harder than usual this time. The goal was to allow sims to enjoy beautiful outdoors even when they were sitting inside the house. I want my sims in this house can just relax and chill. I played with “bowes” and connected them with, well, boxes-ish corridors/passages. No furnitures/decorations/lighting added yet. I am not entirely sure whether I should try a bit 'zen' style with the interior. Well we'll see.. o_0

Here are some random pictures I took.
    tumblr_nn2igvejtp1unxm84o8_1280.jpg

The back yard
    tumblr_nn2igvejtp1unxm84o4_1280.jpg

There is also another yard in the middle of the house
    tumblr_nn2iqdIhz11unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nn2iqdIhz11unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nn2j2qzLcj1unxm84o1_1280.jpg

The kitchen/dinning room
    tumblr_nn2jarVdSk1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nn2jarVdSk1unxm84o3_1280.jpg

One of the bedrooms
    tumblr_nn2jduO87h1unxm84o3_1280.jpg

• Options
    Your Woodly Eco Home WIP is looking very nice! :) The exterior design of the home looks very nice! The wooden texture looks great and the boxes theme of the design of the home creates a great look. The roofing with the diagonal slats in it looks great! Very nice outdoors areas. Nice firepit area for sims to enjoy sitting around the fire chatting in the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ outdoors in the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have a garden in the middle of the home. The ivy looks nice on the exterior of the walls there. It looks very nice how you have placed the trees in the build! Very nice nook area where you have placed rocks at the base of the tree. It looks nice how you have placed the large glass windows in the build. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors whilst inside.
    It is a very nice home that will suit Aurora Skies well :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So I am back to update some screenshots about the houses I lately built.

Stacked House in Aurora Skies. Inspired by an actual architecture called Pile Up am Rhein (Zapcp LTD). Of course my version is not as cool and in fact much smaller.
    Address: 41 Sulfer Springs Rd. (if I am not mistaken).
    Rooms: living/kitchen/dinning x 1, bedroom x 1, bathroom x 1, balcony x 1, study x 1

tumblr_no3u8ld1AJ1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3u8ld1AJ1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3u8ld1AJ1unxm84o6_1280.jpg

There are some public facilities. I am particularly fond of the bus stop. How I wish the neighbours' kids will gather there for the school bus :D
    tumblr_no3ue4q0b71unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3ue4q0b71unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3ue4q0b71unxm84o6_1280.jpg

The living room:
    tumblr_no3un5muE11unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3un5muE11unxm84o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3un5muE11unxm84o5_1280.jpg

The kitchen/dinning:
    tumblr_no3utpdAkI1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3utpdAkI1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3utpdAkI1unxm84o4_1280.jpg

The bedroom and study:
    tumblr_no3v0aZOtV1unxm84o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3v0aZOtV1unxm84o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3v0aZOtV1unxm84o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3v0aZOtV1unxm84o5_1280.jpg

The balcony and the bathroom:
    tumblr_no3v42MrPg1unxm84o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_no3v42MrPg1unxm84o3_1280.jpg

I am very happy with this build and I'd live here in real life if I can... lol.

• Options
    And another wip (yes I've got a lot of wip... I suck at decorating... I wish I can just build shells but I am too compulsive not to finish the whole thing so I procrastinate...)

It's also inspired by a house in real life.

tumblr_non36a2Xqp1unxm84o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_non36a2Xqp1unxm84o6_1280.jpg