Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Boho Chic Make-over contest. Win a World! *Winners Announced*

Comments

• okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    @Cogitotoro I haven't seen any of those movies, but based on those stills I'm thinking I need to. They are lovely. I thought the third and fourth were real at first.

Oh, you simply must watch some of them! They're amazing! xD

Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Creator name: LadyGreenEyes
    Creation title: Scandinavian Cottage
    Category: Residential Lot
    Exchange link: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8659900
    Description: This is a cozy little cottage, with a living room, eat-in kitchen, bedroom, bath, study nook, and attic space. There are plenty of patterns and textures, and some lovely stenciling, along with various little homey touches. The bath is less rustic, but still in earth tones, and set up to create a relaxing mood for a nice bubble bath.
    Pictures:
    Exterior - Screenshot-125_1.jpg
    Living Room - Screenshot-127.jpg
    Kitchen - Screenshot-126.jpg
    Bedroom - Screenshot-128.jpg
    Bathroom - Screenshot-129.jpg

The pics don't show all of the little details, but you can get a feel for the place. It's just the right size for a couple, with all the basics your sims will need.

I can't vouch for authenticity; I just checked out the pics, and played around to see what I could come up with. Hopefully, this is the style you're looking for. It's definitely got plenty of color, and variety in patterns. Enjoy!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Scandinavian Cottage is a very nice home! @LadyGreenEyes :) The texture/patterning on the exterior looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed both left and right open shutter windows together. The red of the windows looks nice with the yellow of the exterior. The daffodils in the steps corner nook and the pot of flowers beside the front door are nice for sims to see as they are coming to enter the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks very homely! The living room is very nice! The floral patterning on the sofa and armchair looks very nice, and the squirrel picture on the wall suits the home well. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching TV together or reading a book from the bookcase. The lead lighting style of the lamp looks very nice and adds a nice touch in the room. It is nice that you have a rocking chair for sims to enjoy resting in. The kitchen is so very nice! Very nice green and white colour scheme of the room! The flower wall pattern looks so nice! The floral themed dining table and chairs are pretty for sims to enjoy eating their meals at. The baskets of produce, the pans and chilli on the wall and the hanging basket are very nice kitchen touches in the room. The floor tiling looks nice. Very nice blue and red colour scheme of the bedroom! The patterns on the bed and sheets look very nice and suit well the theme! The blue lead lighting lamp is a very nice type of lighting in the room, and the wooden flooring looks nice. The wall and floor tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. It is nice that you have used the triangular bath tub in the home, for sims to enjoy bathing in. The orchid plant is a nice touch on top of the tub. The candle light adds a calmness feel to the room.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    @whatsociallife , that hotel looks amazing! Would you do it as an actual resort, or spa, or what were you thinking?

@LadyGreenEyes , wonderful entry! That animal rug is great... what is that from? Did it come with AS, or one of the EPs?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Well, we have our first entry! Wonderful job @LadyGreenEyes! It really looks great! You have so many wonderful little details. I won't get too specific with my praise because I don't want others to copy the details I say I like.

I was also wondering about the otomi rug (the one with the animals on it). I don't recognize it so was a bit worried it's CC or CAP. It checked out ok in custard so I'm assuming it's just something missed before. :)
    Thanks @rosemow! Good to know!
    Also a reminder to everyone that enters, @NagyGina is also running a contest, and she is allowing everyone who enters my contest to also submit their entry to hers contest as well. I don't think hers is open to submissions yet, but be sure to check it out. It sounds like a lot of fun! Here is the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833471/give-a-gift-of-creation-game-wishlist-wipeout-or-large-simpoint-item-drawn-monday-see-details/p1
    So I was working on making my greenhouse build over into something more in this world's theme today, when my game crashed. I got one screenshot, though...

screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    I am sorry to hear that your game crashed @Cogitotoro . The texture of the wall in the picture looks very nice! Very nice pattern on the seating and the table!
    I hope that your work on the greenhouse build goes well now with no more game crashes.
    @Cogitotoro that looks fantastic! I recognize the Soothsayers Chair, but not the table.
    @Cogitotoro that looks fantastic! I recognize the Soothsayers Chair, but not the table.

That's the "knife thrower's table" from Le Cirque Esprit:
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry to hear that your game crashed @Cogitotoro . The texture of the wall in the picture looks very nice! Very nice pattern on the seating and the table!
    I hope that your work on the greenhouse build goes well now with no more game crashes.
    Thanks, Rose, you're always able to lift my spirits. I've got to get back in there and try again - and save more often!

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Cogitotoro wrote: »

That's the "knife thrower's table" from Le Cirque Esprit:

Ahh, that's brilliant! I've been making a collection file of furniture that has stencils and decorative embellishments so I can easily find them when I'm working on houses for this world. That's one I missed so I'm glad you shared this! :) Sorry to hear about your crash. I've been burned with forgetting to save so many times and it seems I never learn my lesson.

• pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I love the look of your wall @Cogitotoro! I hope your game won't crash again :c

Still working on my entry - I find this harder than I thought haha. I especially find the landscaping hard, so if anyone knows any pages with good tips, please let me know.

Thanks for even more amazing gifts, @Aaronsims. I'm gonna try to use as much of it as I can!
    Still working on my entry - I find this harder than I thought haha. I especially find the landscaping hard, so if anyone knows any pages with good tips, please let me know.

Thanks for even more amazing gifts, @Aaronsims. I'm gonna try to use as much of it as I can!

I feel your pain! I'm not a great builder and I'm really slow at it which is why I decided to have this contest and just let everyone else do the hard work for me! :blush: . My only tip is to look up a bunch of real life pics that fit the style you're going for and use them for ideas if you're feeling stuck. I'm sending you some good creative vibes to help you find inspiration! :smiley: You're welcome for the gifts. I've had a lot of fun picking through peoples WL trying to find items to help them with the contest.
    I love the look of your wall @Cogitotoro! I hope your game won't crash again :c

Taryn Tempestwind's "MOOve your grass" tutorial that starts here and goes on here has stuff on elevations and some really fantastic help on landscaping, too - it's my favorite landscaping tutorial. (You can scroll through the stuff you're not interested in, like how to do a walk-out basement.) If you scroll through those and don't get some inspiration for landscaping I don't know what to say!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    I feel your pain! I'm not a great builder and I'm really slow at it which is why I decided to have this contest and just let everyone else do the hard work for me! :blush: . My only tip is to look up a bunch of real life pics that fit the style you're going for and use them for ideas if you're feeling stuck. I'm sending you some good creative vibes to help you find inspiration! :smiley: You're welcome for the gifts. I've had a lot of fun picking through peoples WL trying to find items to help them with the contest.

Thanks for the tip, that's definitely a good idea! And thank you very much; I hope that I can upload the house one of these days :)
    Taryn Tempestwind's "MOOve your grass" tutorial that starts here and goes on here has stuff on elevations and some really fantastic help on landscaping, too - it's my favorite landscaping tutorial. (You can scroll through the stuff you're not interested in, like how to do a walk-out basement.) If you scroll through those and don't get some inspiration for landscaping I don't know what to say!

Thank you so much for the link! I'm going to check that one out :smiley:
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Every zoo university class have grelt helpps
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Okay, I may have gone too far with my need of perfection, but I'm really annoyed that the floors are their hight lower than the walls and columns, but I now took a picture to ask you wether you prefer the floors or not.

roof_zpsv3jkwurj.png

In the first picture there's the floor that shows under the wall. It's ugly, but you can recolor it underneath and make it visible, if you like to take pictures. In the second there's no floor and it looks okay, but show only sky when you look up on the first floor. Now, how do you like it? Especially @Aaronsims, since this one goes to you. I would possibly leave it off and put it there in case I need to take pics. This idea just got in to my head as the moment I'm writing it, but I'll send this anyway... :D I have already places where I need the floor no matter how it looks on the outside.

Earlyer today I was thrilled with my work, then got a new idea an demolished everything, again, and now I'm having a moment of hate towards my WIP... I won't make this easy for myself, I just hope it's worth it :D And I just took a new look at the inspiration pics and it seems I'm slipping away from the theme :weary: But Happy building everyone! :lol:
    edited May 2015
    I'd say no floor, but my opinion doesn't really matter here of course haha :D

And I'm actually the same - I honestly got stuck with my WIP, and I felt like it just didn't fit the theme enough, so I started over... oops!
    Looks like this constest is really testing us :wink: Oh boy when this is finished...
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I like it Best when there is floors, but i'm not the judged
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Oh no! :confounded: I just lost all my patince. I installed surprise gifts I found from my Purchase History (Thank you @MariTomKaulitZ and @goddess0676sm :wink: ) and an easel that hadn't shown up in my game even though I thought I downloaded it before. Well, I went to game after that and not just that they hadn't shown up, but atleast Greenhouse stuff and one another easel are gone too! :weary: They happend to be on my lot and they're still there, but I can't copy them, it says there's nothing to copy :angry: I'm making a little drama here... I'm blaming this all to that easel (and EA ofcourse...)!

I'm off to bed now, please let me know what to do tomorrow :blush:
    ...Or maybe I just google it :D
  • whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    @whatsociallife , that hotel looks amazing! Would you do it as an actual resort, or spa, or what were you thinking?

I have built it as a resort. The outer shell is all done, there is a pool, sauna, gym etc in the basement with a resort tower. The ground floor is 3/4 done with a restaurant, seating areas, cosy reading room and an old-fashined bar area. There are also 2 bedrooms decorated upstairs but lots more to do. I have a sim family running it who are gradually upgrading any plumbing but I don't get much time except weekends for simming so hopefully will get more done in time for the end date.
    The decor is a real challenge - trying not to make those colour schemes look gawdy. Unfortunately with the size of the build I don't think I'll have time to make it too detailed.
    I took a pic in game a couple of days ago when it was pretty much just an outer shell, I need to add landscaping and gables from MH:
    Screenshot-201_1.jpg