Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    Pool Party

After practicing soccer together, Reiley and Nate come inside to cool down.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited April 2015
    It is nice to read and see the pictures of your update Addy :) They looked like they all enjoyed having a nice time at the Leisure Day party. It is nice to take and have family photos on special days. It is a different glitch that sims come trick and treating each holiday. It is a good glitch though, because it adds an extra touch to the special days.
    It is a very nice family getogether party update. :)
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi all, and nice update Addy I am still popping to read and keep up to date on both households. :) Love the story lines as well, got more imagination that me thats for sure, I have to think really hard. lol :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is nice to read and see the pictures of your update Addy :) They looked like they all enjoyed having a nice time at the Leisure Day party. It is nice to take and have family photos on special days. It is a different glitch that sims come trick and treating each holiday. It is a good glitch though, because it adds an extra touch to the special days.
    It is a very nice family getogether party update. :)

Thanks, Rose!

I was so happy when I saw the house filled with family members and friends! It was a lot of fun watching all the different interactions going on and I was continually zooming from one side of the house to the other so I could see what they were doing (Yes, Tanu... I did let them do their own thing and I merely spectated - not the entire party, but a decent portion of it).

Such a positive way to think about the year-round trick or treat "glitch"... I like the way you think! When I see them coming up the sidewalk in their costumes, I stop what I'm doing and take a peek at who it is and what costume they threw together in case there is a fun photo opportunity or something to add to the story updates :)
    Hi all, and nice update Addy I am still popping to read and keep up to date on both households. :) Love the story lines as well, got more imagination that me thats for sure, I have to think really hard. lol :)

Thanks, Christine!

I'll let you in on a little secret... take lots and lots of screenshots! I do this every single game session.

Then at another time look over the pictures and start deciding what to use & what not to use. As I view the images, a story usually starts forming in my mind. Sometimes you have to set aside pictures to use at a later time and sometimes they never get selected for any story. It all depends on what the pictures "say" when I look at them :)

MORE tips:
    For each story piece I do, I create a file folder and label it with the title of the story (which I figure out AFTER the story is written and the pictures are in place) and move the pictures into the file. That way they are always available in case I want to use one again or reference it. I also have a Misc folder for all of the pictures that don't get used.

So in a nutshell I let the pictures tell the story instead of planning the story out in advance and only capturing screenshots that will fit.
    So far, so good. I think.

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I thought I would give everyone a few smiles while you await the next update on my side :p

Dinner is served ~ Aloo Masala Curry Style!!

Jamila ~

5n3bet.jpg

Jase ~

52c1p0.jpg

1zejqx0.jpg

Jaci ~

f2mxbc.jpg

And Jenna ~

10dbd6b.jpg

2lxw7ep.jpg

I found it interesting that while Jasper prepared the meal he didn't eat with them. Maybe trying out a new strain of curry on his kids? Lol :o

Hope you found a smile or two or three! :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow, Addy, I really thought I had commented on your chapter earlier. I don't know if it was eaten or if I just didn't want to log in at the time and I only read in lurk mode. Any way, I am super sorry I didn't comment earlier.

Lynda is so pretty and now engaged to a fortune teller. I hope he foretells much happiness for them.

I love all the candid pics esp of the boys with their water balloon fight. And I still get a thrill from seeing them in a house I made. :smiley:

Thank you!

Tanu, those are awesome shots. There are some foods my sims don't eat even when they get them free from work!
    The pictures the sims eating the curry look great! @tanu :) It looks like it was a very hot curry! The photos did make me smile!
    I hope that you, addy, ciane and everyone who is reading this thread is having a nice day :) Happy simming!
    Hi Ciane and Rose :) No matter how many times my sims eat the hot spicy dishes they make me laugh. Their faces are priceless every time lol I'm happy I could share a smile!

It cracked me up how Jasper made dinner then kind of just stood around watching them. He was hungry too but I let him have mac and cheese lol I'm going to miss him! He has about 7 or 8 days left of adult.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello Tanu. :) Jasper would prefer eating mac and cheese rather than the hot curry!

I would too! lol What can he serve for you Rose? :)

edited July 2017
    I discovered that April 30th was designated as Hairstyle Appreciation Day and decided that would be a perfect time to unveil this, but of course things took a wee bit longer than originally expected so I am a little late in sharing this.

Macthekat82 did a lovely re-model of the Salon and graciously gave permission for me to upload my modified version of hers. Please be sure to stop by her studio and leave a rec or two in appreciation. I did!

Without further ado, here is...
    Barney's Salon and Tattoo 3
    download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645420

What would Barney's Salon be without Barney? Not the same, that's for sure!

Barney
    download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8645421

I hope you'll enjoy having these in your game, too!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Barney's Salon and Tattoo 3 is very nice! :) The changes to the exterior of the building looks nice. The planter pots are nice touches on the pillar between the steps and on the edges of the building. The furnishing of the interior of the build looks very nice! The barista bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table there listening to music from the radio whilst enjoying eating a cake or having a drink from the barista bar. The plant on the dining table is nice for sims to see whilst sitting at the table chatting. The fruit bowl and plants on the barista bar counter and the menu board on the wall are nice touches in the room. The ceiling lights over the counter look very nice there. The floor rug is nice for sims to stand on whilst waiting to be served. The styling station room is very nice! The mannequins and the hanging plant are nice touches in the room. The full length mirror looks nice placed in the corner of the tattoo room for sims to check their appearance in. I am not sure if there were meant to be any pictures in the 2-4 position in the exchange link, because they came up blank pictures for me?
    Barney looks great! :) Her coloured hair and her outfit looks very nice together. Her yellow earrings complement the black, purple and blue colour of her clothing and hair.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Barney will be living in my game. I promise I won't place her in my apoc hood. ;) She'll get to live in one of my other towns. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Loving Ms. Barney! Very pretty sim for sure! (pauses hits download Barney lands with a thud in my game)

I needed a new salon so thanks! :) (Much dust is seen rising from my game as the salon also lands with a thud, a much bigger one! )

:p
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Bits and Pieces and Growing up...

Life in the Snyder house moved on. Hours turned into days and days into months as time always does.

Jenna was working out as much as she could between school and family time her mind firmly set on becoming an astronaut someday. Part of it was because of what had happened to her Dad and because of Jaci. She wanted to try to understand why beings from other planets would need to have children with other beings from other planets. What purpose did that possibly serve? Her Dad had very little recollection of what had happened between the time he saw the ship and when he had been returned. Of course she couldn't possibly have known that their house had been visited by Jaci's Mom on several occasions as Jasper felt it best not to tell his kids. But time has a way of revealing things and sometimes things you wish to keep hidden had a way of showing themselves....

Jenna's best friend all through high school was Owen Person. He was the kind of person she could tell anything too and not be judged for it. They enjoyed all the same things and had fun running around the neighborhood discovering things here and there. Owen was a year ahead of Jenna but even after his graduation they still talked a lot and remained close. He came over one night bursting with excitement.

"Jenna I got the gig. I can't believe it! I didn't think I was good enough yet but they hired me. Ok as a roadie but Jenna my foots in the door now!"

r1x1s0.jpg

"Of course they hired you Owen! They would be crazy not too!" She reached up and brushed a kiss across his cheek turning him red.

2nh18xe.jpg

"Well I better go. I'll call you tomorrow maybe I can play you my new song or something. Sleep tight!"

As Owen was leaving another visitor was coming.

104jeza.jpg
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Bits and Pieces and Growing up Continued

Jeppayee Sa'Sithurod stood outside the door of the Snyder residence deciding whether or not to knock. She was from a planet not too far away by light years and her people were very different from those of Simearth. She was always taught to take what you need and walk away. Feelings weren't important and emotions a waste. Children were only to continue the species and that was that. A few decades ago her world was threatened by another being from yet another planet and as a way to keep their species going they started abducting sims from simearth and impregnating them. They found that for some reason female sims were not as easy to impregnate so they began concentrating on the males. They used a bit of their powers making males able to carry and give birth to off spring.

Jeppayee had broken a rule though. Actually several rules. Jasper hadn't been the first sim she had abducted but yet when she got him to her planet he was different. He was curious and funny and he didn't seem at all afraid. He wanted to know about her and her people. What her planet was like. None before him had done anything but stare and shake. She became curious about him as well. So she impregnated him and when he was returned to simearth she removed his memory like she was supposed to, well almost removed it. She left bits and pieces of her behind. Little snippets of a smile or laugh they had shared. Tiny bits of their conversation and she let him keep a memory in which she told him she was his childs mother. Then she had masked the memories so they would come out over time.

When she had visited before it hadn't gone well. Jasper thought she was there to take Jaci. She just wanted to get to know her daughter. A huge rule breaker, but she had looked through the windows here and there or watched Jaci playing with her earth siblings and she just wanted to say hello and maybe even talk to her.

So she stood there on the porch of the Snyder house and wondered if she should knock.

dm8qi9.jpg

As she wondered she heard a voice behind her. "Can I help you?" She turned to find Jaci looking at her with a curious look on her face. "Who are you?"

Jeppayee slowly moved down the stairs and put her hand out to her daughter. "My name is Jeppayee and I'm your Mother." Jaci narrowed her eyes a bit then leaned into the light to get a closer look at her Mother's face. She took the hand which was warm and looked at the soft smile on her Mother's face.

wmf8zc.jpg

28jchh5.jpg

Just then Jenna, Jase and Jamila got home.

"It seems as I have misjudged my timing as I thought you would all be in the home." Jeppayee said nervously. She hadn't intended for this to happen.

"Jaci who is this?" Jase asked stepping in front of his sister.

"She's my Mom." Jaci said quietly.

"Your Mom?...."

1t8pkw.jpg

"I didn't mean to upset Jaci. I just wanted to see you and talk to you that's all. I just thought you should know who I am and where the other half of you comes from." Jaci wasn't sure what to say and struggled with everything she was feeling. "I should go." Jeppayee ran to the sidewalk, there was a light and then she was gone.

2rmxqxe.jpg

"Jaci are you ok?" Jenna asked touching her arm.

Jaci nodded and tried to hold back tears. "Guys please don't tell Dad. Ok? It would freak him out and I want some time to think. I don't even know if he knows who she is." Everyone agreed not to tell Jasper at least for now.

Jamila broke the silence of everyone's thoughts. "Let's go in Dad's been working all day on birthday cakes for Jase and Jenna."

qplze8.jpg
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Growing up

Jasper was so excited when they came in the door that he didn't seem to notice the weird energy around his kids. He couldn't believe that tonight Jenna and Jase were no longer teens but becoming young adults. He hoped, like all parents do that he had given them a strong foundation on which to build their own lives.

"Jenna you stand here I made this one with you with strawberry filling the way you like it. And Jase yours is here, chocolate with extra extra chocolate." He hugged each of them then pulled them in on on each side turning his head first one way then the other to place kisses on their cheeks. "Happy Birthday!"

Then they were blowing out their candles to hoots and hollers from the others.

qplze8.jpg

And just like when they were born and every birthday since Jenna felt the growing tingle first with Jase right behind her.

30iym4x.jpg

1jklj5.jpg

After one cake had been devoured Jenna looked at Jase. "Can you believe this? No more school. Oh my we're adults Jase!"

He laughed and gave her a quick hug. "Yep time to spread our wings and fly."

kayat.jpg

After everything had been cleaned up and put away Jasper turned on the tv to a favorite show. His kids each lost in thoughts of their own.

Thoughts of the past and of the future and thoughts of being unsure but knowing that the Snyder house as they knew it was about to change.

20kx6c4.jpg

And later that night Nichole settled in to watch over her family as they slept.

4v1csn.jpg
    It is very nice that Jaci has now met her mother! :) You are very creative in your background story details of Jeppayee, and in her coming to see her daughter! It would have given Jaci a surprise! The photos that you hsve posted are very nice. It is nice that Owen and Jenna are good friends.
    It is a great update to your legacy story :)
    You were posting when I was posting. Happy birthday to Jenna and Jase! :) It is nice that they are now young adults. I look forward to seeing what their life ahead holds for them.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2015
    I loved it! Woot! A romance for Jasper and a mom for Jaci at the same time. So this is how we'll say good-bye them as they go off to visit her planet? Jaci is adorable, by the way! Jenna looks a look like her grandmother! I love her reasons for being an astronaut. Too cool.

Oops, I forgot to say I love Owen too. And you called him a person rather than a sim! Interesting.
    Thank you so much Rose I'm glad you enjoyed the update and the pictures :) More to come very soon!
    A romance for Jasper? A Mom for Jaci? Hmmmm..... We will have to see wont we? The calling him a person was a slip lol But aren't they really people controlling us? ;)
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Time and Changes

Time went on a bit longer with changes taking place under the surface of the mist of daily life.

For now things were calm and on the eve of Jamila becoming a young adult she was relaxing and enjoying a video game not realizing that for others thoughts were far away and on other things.

2zh3wix.jpg

The most obvious change at the moment was Jase.

"Dad now that I'm a young adult and all I think it's better that I move out."

"Don't be silly son, you can stay as long as you like." Jasper said hating the thought of his children leaving the nest.

Jase gave a soft laugh. "Thanks Dad but for one I don't want to sleep in a bunk forever it's kinda small now you know? And I also have something to tell you. I'm going to ask Angelina to marry me." He smiled and blushed slightly.

j6sn0m.jpg

"That's great news son!" Jasper hugged him tight. "I'll still be here for you if you kids need anything, you know that."

"Thanks Dad! I do"

29qhb4n.jpg

Jase went over to join in the video games with his two younger sisters so Jenna decided to run something past her Dad as well.

1qil4i.jpg

"Dad I wanted to tell you something but you have to promise not to go all nuts on me."

"Me go nuts? Never." Jasper was worried now about what it could be.

"Owen asked me to take a trip with him and I want to go." She said tentatively.

"That's what it was? Well that's not serious. Where are you going? The movies or the cinema or something?"

"I said a trip not an outing geesh Dad!" She took a deep breath. "Owen is going to China and he asked me to go with him. I have money saved up and he said he would help with what I don't have so it won't cost you anything. I want to see where your Dad came from and see China. I want to know that side of my ancestory. And..." She looked down and then back up quickly. "I want to spend more time with Owen."

ou3091.jpg

"Ummm......" Jasper put his hand up around the back of his neck and rubbed it as if thinking. "Well I guess if you were to go with anyone outside of the family Owen would be the best one. And I've always wanted to go just money, career and kids got in the way so you should go before your adult life starts. Take lots of pictures and please be careful!"

"Thanks Dad!" She skipped away from him and went out back to practice with the soccer ball smiling all the way.

6zbr6x.jpg

That night at dinner however Jenna wasn't so sure she should leave Jaci right now. Jaci seemed lost in thought almost all the time and was so quiet it was hard to get her to carry on a conversation.

210iryc.jpg

After dinner Jase told her he had found the perfect apartment and he would probably be moving while she was gone. Jenna was so happy for him. He seemed to know where his life was going and what he wanted for it.

352f2vp.jpg

Jase and Angelina had begun dating in high school. They were the super couple and everyone knew that someday they would get married. Angelina was beautiful and smart and she challenged Jase and made him a better man. He never even looked at another girl in school or at any other woman now. She was perfect in his eyes.

dpzod2.jpg

Everyone was so happy he chose to propose right there in the living room.

296lxlc.jpg

She pretended to be surprised but was just over joyed he hadn't waited longer.

8ys64i.jpg

After congratulating Jase and Angelina Jaci slipped out to the back yard again lost in her thoughts. But she was being watched over all the time.

2eq6lig.jpg