Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Error on Sims 3 Launcher

Recently I had my computer wiped out (massive problems at the time, it was the only solution), and had to re-install all of my Sims 3 games. Since re-installing, every time I launch the Sims 3 Launcher, I get an error message like this:

(!) An error has occurred in the script on this page!
Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script error
Code: 0
URL: http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
[YES] [NO]

I've tried yes and no, nothing is working. I can still get into the game, but usually I later get another error saying something crashed while playing.

I don't know what's wrong with my game! I just want it to run normally. I am not a "Computer Whiz" simmer, and I really need some help!
To inSIMity & beyond!

Comments

• kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    Having the same problem :(
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • PandoraBoxxPandoraBoxx Posts: 113 Member
    Update Adobe Flashplayer might solve this/
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    For me it don't helps, updated all yesterday, this specific scripterror is stalking me more than 1 month. :trollface: Each time when opening launcher on-line is there. While installing compilation (i.e. bigger file), it harasses more times during one install.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • OceaneyespiritOceaneyespirit Posts: 57 Member
    Same issue with mine. Click on Yes, doesn't help. Click no, doesn't help. X it out, still pops back up
  • pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    Try running your virus scanner. Do a full scan.
    I would really like a valid solution.
    I haven't already signed precise date when it beginned haunting in my launcher, but topic about it on EAAHQ is born on 01-20-2014 03:51 AM http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Info-Request-Script-Errors-on-the-Launcher/td-p/2216747
    and I've still not found solution for it.
    Someone says that might help completelly re-install Java, but only this solution I've not tried out, because I think it is on EA-side (and I'm already tired with searching workarounds and fixes for the purchased game, which should work and point).
    I'm making antivirus scan (detailed) periodically - but it hasn't stil exorcized my launcher from this sponsor-pay error. :(
    Even Crinrict who helps on EAAHQ searched to help us (I'm on last 16. page there) - but this thing won't go away. >:(
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    Try this; http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html
    From what I've read about this script thing, is it's coming from those sim point ads.
    Also possibly from the last update that came out. So, if it maybe does come from the update, just cut and paste all the updates in the downloads folder of the Content Patch folder to your desktop. Close everything and start game byway of the launcher. Hopefully you'll get the message that a new update is available. Click NO. It won't hurt anything if you do that.
    edited August 2014
    pepperw1 wrote: »
    Also possibly from the last update that came out. So, if it maybe does come from the update, just cut and paste all the updates in the downloads folder of the Content Patch folder to your desktop. Close everything and start game byway of the launcher. Hopefully you'll get the message that a new update is available. Click NO. It won't hurt anything if you do that.
    I already appreciate yours help at simmers, but without Store Content Patch isn't store content working as should.
    I might be able to downlad it, but from my own experience: only one time, when I've forgotten put content of D :\S\Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ContentPatch (mine users folder is relocated on D : for save space on my small SSD) in my users folder on old PC (without i-net), ex.: installed glass roof decoration from GreenhouseSet weren't cutting roofing tiles.
    After re-installed this with store patch inside, it has worked.
    Store content patch V 2.2 was posted on 02/12/13 accordingly this page - I do not thing, this error is caused by Store patch, but something is wrong with launcher itself or with servers, because patch seems to me be still the same.
    Yes, I'm cleaning the game after each closing of the launcher with this file, but it don't helps.
    2nd link is conducting at message in whole thread about sponsorpay-error http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/736199/script-error-for-ad-sponsor-page-http-be-sponsorpay-com-assets-web-client-js from January 19 2014 and it is still not solved.
    I hope someone from EA is still working on?
    Edit: For playing the game I'm not using this tool (Launcher) - by this way it don't creates at least *.tmp files in DCCache folder, but until now I've not found another legal way how to download my purchased content in my PC.
    Bily, I have been running my game for over 2 yrs. without those store updates and have never had a problem. You'll just get, "don't bug me til next update" in your Content patch folder. Just leave that there.
    There is nobody from EA that is going to fix anything dealing with the sims 3 because there is'nt anybody there anymore that works with sims 3.
    Thank you @pepperw1 for the first message (I'll try it and I'll let you know and if DontBugMeUntilNextPatch.package stop this error popping) and agree with second - because it seems so (I wish then at all paying users of next EA games including TS4 - that those games will be fixed before total abbandon). Have a marvelous day!
  • kulpickleskulpickles Posts: 111 Member
    I have also been having the same error. I have uninstalled all my games, reinstalled them, have no CC, cleared out all my temp files and browsing history and I, too, am STILL getting the http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js error. I have more than enough memory and the game was working great until the past month or so. I have also installed the latest version of Java because the "js" refers to Java Script and I still can't play my game for more than a few minutes before the game completely freezes (or crashes). What happened? And what can we all do that helps with this problem? Help. :neutral_face:
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    I have been having the same script error on launcher, which has not been an issue until now. Previously, I just exit out of the script error window, load game, play as I wish, no problem. Today, I get same script error, and game loads fine, but as I get to main menu, game window minimizes and I get the script error window again. I close the error window, and maximize game window. I start playing, and if I go into Edit Town, or the Town map, it crashes to desktop. I did not have this issue until today..???
  • zizzlekwumzizzlekwum Posts: 4 New Member
    I've had the same problem! However, after searching for any possible solution, I believe I might have fixed it. Not sure if I read it here or in another thread, but I found a suggestion to play Sims without being connected to the internet. I just tried it, and the "script error" thing DIDN'T POP UP!!! Try disabling your internet connection before opening the launcher.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    zizzlekwum wrote: »
    I've had the same problem! However, after searching for any possible solution, I believe I might have fixed it. Not sure if I read it here or in another thread, but I found a suggestion to play Sims without being connected to the internet. I just tried it, and the "script error" thing DIDN'T POP UP!!! Try disabling your internet connection before opening the launcher.

That's because the problem is at EAs end and there is nothing you can do to fix it. You just don't connect to the Internet while launching or clock OK and choose to not continue running scripts on the page.

If you do those things and you still have the problem, then you might need to clear caches or update something.
  • JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    I've tried everything. The script error continues to haunt me. I cannot load my game anymore, it won't work.

One year on and there isn't a solution to this?
  • CdCameronCdCameron Posts: 53 Member
    Are you sure sims 3 is updated? Try uninstalling sims 3 and all ep's and just run with sims 3 and then add the expansions. Hope i helped :blush:
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2015
    I've tried everything. The script error continues to haunt me. I cannot load my game anymore, it won't work.

One year on and there isn't a solution to this?

there have been recent updates to fix script errors. if you still have them and your game is up to date clear out cookies to your primary and IE browsers to see if that helps. no need to uninstall the errors are EA based and because of the online part of the game.
  • N.HN.H Posts: 1 New Member
    I couldn't start my game because when i opened my launcher and pressed "start/play" it would freeze. Then after searching for answers i found that you need to go to your desktop -> right-click on your sims 3 game icon -> open file location -> select this "TS3EP03" and the game works just fine. The script error is still there when i open my launcher, but at least now i can skip the launcher and start my sims 3 without problems. Hope i helped:)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    N.H wrote: »
    I couldn't start my game because when i opened my launcher and pressed "start/play" it would freeze. Then after searching for answers i found that you need to go to your desktop -> right-click on your sims 3 game icon -> open file location -> select this "TS3EP03" and the game works just fine. The script error is still there when i open my launcher, but at least now i can skip the launcher and start my sims 3 without problems. Hope i helped:)
    hi @N.H and welcome updating the game and clearing web cookies should stop script errors. good luck
  • alexaalexa Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I always get that error, I just click 'X' to exit out, and play normally.

Everything works right with me.