Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pretty upset to find out male pregnancy as been completely taken out of the expansion :(

Why did they take it out completely :o

Things keep getting patch out and it so frustrating :/

It was something I was looking forward to trying with the aliens and now I can't even try it once :'(

I don't even see any point in playing around with aliens now!

Whats going on with the Sims 4? and these patches are taking stuff out and ruining the gameplay :s
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• Options
    Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    They haven't taken it out completely, just lowered the chance of it happening because some people were complaining it was happening too frequently for them. It took my male sim maybe like 3 times being abducted before he was pregnant after the last patch.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I think they tuned it way too low. Personally, I'd prefer a system like Sims 2 where you only get abducted if you do certain things (like using the expensive telescope), but when you DO get abducted, there is a pregnancy every time (unless you're too old).
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    They should just make so you can turn it on or off if you want to.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2015
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I think they tuned it way too low. Personally, I'd prefer a system like Sims 2 where you only get abducted if you do certain things (like using the expensive telescope), but when you DO get abducted, there is a pregnancy every time (unless you're too old).

But it IS so, that sims need to build a satellite dish and therefore be in the science career to build it at their work place. If you don't activate it to make contact to aliens, it doesn't do so. AND if you activate it to keep them away, you can do that, too! I don't get what you are complaining about. Even when you HAVE activated it, you can still cancel your sim's action to go out and "investigate the light".
    Here my Will Wright is investigating the light:
    Willabduct.jpg
    He did it all by himself, and now he is pregnant, but I COULD have stopped him!
    Willpreg.jpg

• Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    Well last night I was playing my Doctor Sim Alex he'd just got back from work he'd no contact with aliens at all apart from his daughter playing with one in the playground next door a bit earlier, a UFO appeared and he was gone. Arrived back pregnant with it turned out triplets. Three cute little green half aliens arrived, two girls and a boy. So cute. If a trifle overwhelming they already had two kids.
  • Options
    AflutterAflutter Posts: 139 Member
    You can cancel looking at the light? :o When I tried doing that, it didn't work for me. Maybe because it happened pre-patch?
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Enough people complained for me to know that pre-patch there was no way to cancel looking at the light. Since it wasn't changed in the last patch (from what I can see) I'm pretty sure that's still the case.

Also if aliens only appeared when the satellite dish was created I seriously doubt there would've been so many complaints and surprise abductions. Then again, I don't know the details of other peoples games.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I played the game since release on the 30th of March and I played every single day for hours! I had seriously only one abduction the whole time and I tried everything to get them to pick my Sim... And guess what one day before the April patch was released my male got abducted... First and last time... I don't know what the patch does for people who did not have this too many abduction problem before. Probably for them it becomes seriously impossible to get the Sims abducted.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Guaranteed abductions if you put an alien sim in your household for long enough to discover they're an alien. I've tested it and it 100% works.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I say they should have had a slider for the amount of abductions. That way we can control it and not the patch,
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2015
    Simgurl20 wrote: »
    They haven't taken it out completely, just lowered the chance of it happening because some people were complaining it was happening too frequently for them. It took my male sim maybe like 3 times being abducted before he was pregnant after the last patch.

I see!
    I read somewhere on google that they took it out completely!
    When they make changes it can have a bad affect when trying to make it happen!
    I'v been trying for the last 24 hours but can't seem to get an alien to show up to try and get my Sims pregnant yet though!
    To be honest though even before the patch i never seen a male sim pregnant once and the only time i saw an alien was when one came to the hospital in disguise!
    I wonder why it was such a problem for lots but not never an issue for others :o

I remember bugs from the Sims 3 like this and hope we don't see more of them in the future. because I really don't want them patching the game every time :/

You would think they would just put an option in to enable or disable it though instead of changing how it works in the game because it really can have a bad effect on people trying to make it happen!
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    I wish they did what they did in the sims 3 supernaturals is to have a white box where you can turn off aliens or keep them on if other simmers want the aliens in their game.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Nancy01905 wrote: »
    I wish they did what they did in the sims 3 supernaturals is to have a white box where you can turn off aliens or keep them on if other simmers want the aliens in their game.

Yes that's what I was thinking! They did it with seasons too for the weather types

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    They like the listen to the people who hates aliens