Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you the builder Sims in River view Needs ? (The winners are)

Comments

• Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    @calmorezoo - What exactly do you mean by "non-active play" and "active play" when building/changing existing lots? Running some ideas through my head, and want to be sure I stay within the contest rules!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    @calmorezoo - What exactly do you mean by "non-active play" and "active play" when building/changing existing lots? Running some ideas through my head, and want to be sure I stay within the contest rules!

Non active play EA lots like the rabbit holes an others where you cant see your sim or directly control them.

Active play EA lots are ones you can both see and control your sims and maybe even own.

Hope this has helped you clarify things for you.
    enjoy creating

I will look forward to seeing your creations.

Ive also posted your question on page 1 in the Q&A post.

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    I've been playing with a family with 5 fairies in it and have been working on a stuff with the contest in mind. I'm sorry not to have checked in in so long. Is there a way to bookmark a site on these forums like you could on the old ones? If so can someone please tell me on my sims3 my page? I've started a few things and not sure which one(s) will be entering... I have never had so many fairies in same household and its been distracting but in a good way. They are making me play some with them instead of just being good little worker bees like my sims who have helped me in past contests. Hugs to all!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    oiswise wrote: »
    I've been playing with a family with 5 fairies in it and have been working on a stuff with the contest in mind. I'm sorry not to have checked in in so long. Is there a way to bookmark a site on these forums like you could on the old ones? If so can someone please tell me on my sims3 my page? I've started a few things and not sure which one(s) will be entering... I have never had so many fairies in same household and its been distracting but in a good way. They are making me play some with them instead of just being good little worker bees like my sims who have helped me in past contests. Hugs to all!!!

Hello @oiswise :) To bookmark a thread, press the star that is at the top right hand side of the thread. It will turn yellow, and that means it has been bookmarked.
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    I agree with the citizens of Riverview! I think I've found one architecht too to desing a more tempting city ;) I got the game working so I'm in :)
  • Options
    ...I shouldn't have said that, the game just crashed for a second time :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not much, luckily, @rosemow :) Now I remember to save after every major update I make.

@calmorezoo:
    I have a question about the ownable business' and their residents and about the lines of the categories. Ownable business means those community lots you can buy for your sim, like the hotels, right? And there should be residents attached but how? I just create a sim, upload it and tell that this sims owns this lot? :D Or does it mean that I have to make a residential lot with the public room marker somewhere like you said, and upload it with the sims owning it? And about the hotels, which category do they go? No diving spots, or if, where do they go, to number 1?

Now I have in mind that I'd like to do a School with a Rabbit Hole under the ground, and that goes under number 2? Or are those hided Rabbit Holes OK at all? Beside the School I'd like to do a Spa using a rabbit hole Spa visibly linked to my new building. If the schools okay, (the lot category is "Allowed to guests") category number 2 is used, but my Spa (the lot category is "Swimming pool") could go under category numer 5? Or can I not use both School and Spa? Did I make it difficult enough? I intend to do these for my own game aswell, and I just love combined things so that sims won't have to leave the gym to go to a pool and it's much more realistic that way too :) I'd love to make a real Gentlemens Club that includes almost every category and put it as a library, too ^^

But don't worry, I don't have the time to finish all of these so the answers may not be needed by me atleast ;D
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    Silvakristiina

theres yes the ownable business ea provided and theres the ones we can create using the savi sellers door , rugs and till.

And for the entry type residental with attached business these you use the skill items and the public room markers from buydebug.

hope ive cleared this up for you.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks, @calmorezoo, I don't have the have savvy seller's so I'll try that residential then.

For the questions remaining I'd still like an answer. I'll try to summarize what I wrote:

Do I upload the business owning sim with the residential house?

Does Hotels go under the category number 9? And their owners I upload separately?

Diving spots go to category number 1?

I'm building a School with a Rabbit hole School under the ground. Is it OK to hide a building under the ground with stairs so it still could be used? Or what do you mean by "Cover up" in the second category?

Some of the buildings could go under multiple categories. Can I deside where they go, if i build several fitting the same categories? For example, beside the School I'm building a Spa with a Rabbit Hole Spa attached. Can I put it to category number 5 as a Spa or does it have to go to category number 2? I'd like to do both School and Spa if I have time enough.

I hope I now made my questions more clear :D
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I just googled "sims 3 gentlemens club" and it gave me a completely different idea about gentlemen's club that I had in mind... :D What I thought it would be is a nice and cozy, old English styled living room for the citizens...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Silvakristiina
    american gentlemans clubs are so different to english traditional LOL

SPA's if you use that rabbit hole it will have to be in the rabbit hole entry type 2.
    but if you created without RH then it fits entry type 5.

Re : hotels They kinda fit into both entry types 9 and 13 Umm im gonna have to do some thinking on this.

Yes with redevelopment of rabbit holes you can either totally build over with them in the basement , build around them or just relandscape and improve the lot in other ways.
    Post edited by calmorezoo on
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Sorry I haven't been checking in more often. Have been spending a ton of time in Riverview...

I just spent almost 2 hours defraging. It was way over due. I do the one that came with computer weekly but just learned about a much more intensive one. My laptop really isn't thrilled I put SN and ST back in yatta yatta.

Hoping that will make playing building in a world with lots of fairies faster / less freezing.

I'm doing a Fairy art gallery sooo kinda need them to be all over the place with those amazing wings so my artists try capture awesome paintings and photos.

@rosemow thanks for your help. Sadly still couldn't figure it out.

I did what Rosemow said to book mark and couldn't find it when I looked at "my book marks" Here on this site it has every thing I bookmarked EVER on the other site. Sigh, lucky (yet sad) I have some friends on my list who are no longer active and have only a few friends... so I can find the link there as my posts are almost always the only ones there. So my holding posts from months at a time are there so can copy link to this forum.
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't been checking in more often. Have been spending a ton of time in Riverview...

I just spent almost 2 hours defraging. It was way over due. I do the one that came with computer weekly but just learned about a much more intensive one. My laptop really isn't thrilled I put SN and ST back in yatta yatta.

Hoping that will make playing building in a world with lots of fairies faster / less freezing.

I'm doing a Fairy art gallery sooo kinda need them to be all over the place with those amazing wings so my artists try capture awesome paintings and photos.

@rosemow thanks for your help. Sadly still couldn't figure it out.

I did what Rosemow said to book mark and couldn't find it when I looked at "my book marks" Here on this site it has every thing I bookmarked EVER on the other site. Sigh, lucky (yet sad) I have some friends on my list who are no longer active and have only a few friends... so I can find the link there as my posts are almost always the only ones there. So my holding posts from months at a time are there so can copy link to this forum.

hope your computer is running more smoothly now
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I've decided to scrap my original idea (a bakery with living quarters above it, inspired by the film Kiki's Delivery Service ). However, I have a much better idea that I think I can actually pull off xD
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    good day guys, how are u? o:) sorry for being away..

@calmorezoo , i had actually completed my entry , since shopping mall sounds too complex for the time being i had created a park for kids.. with addition.. pony's can also stay at park!

but i havent taken pics yet.. Also have a question.. Ummm when you say routing issues what do u exactly mean? because i am actually testing the park it looks ok but somehow sometimes the horses unable to enter the park..but interesting thing is the next day they entered.. weird.. also sometimes they choose to walk through picnic area rather than designated roads.. but not all the time.. lol a bit confused if those things are considered as routing issue?

thanks & hugs xxx
  • Options

@calmorezoo , i had actually completed my entry , since shopping mall sounds too complex for the time being i had created a park for kids.. with addition.. pony's can also stay at park!

but i havent taken pics yet.. Also have a question.. Ummm when you say routing issues what do u exactly mean? because i am actually testing the park it looks ok but somehow sometimes the horses unable to enter the park..but interesting thing is the next day they entered.. weird.. also sometimes they choose to walk through picnic area rather than designated roads.. but not all the time.. lol a bit confused if those things are considered as routing issue?

thanks & hugs xxx

Routing issues
    you know the hissy fits sims have when either they cant access a useble item or when there aint enough space for sims to move past each other or furniture also if stairs have been wrongly stacked or placed so they are not able to go up or down.

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    okester wrote: »
    I've decided to scrap my original idea (a bakery with living quarters above it, inspired by the film Kiki's Delivery Service ). However, I have a much better idea that I think I can actually pull off xD

good luck with the new idea

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    calmorezoo wrote: »

thanks & hugs xxx

Routing issues
    you know the hissy fits sims have when either they cant access a useble item or when there aint enough space for sims to move past each other or furniture also if stairs have been wrongly stacked or placed so they are not able to go up or down.

@calmorezoo , well donot have sims throwing tantrums at the park, it is functioning but as i explained sometimes horses throwing hissy fits while entering the park but believe it is a glitch rather than trouble.. :/

need to take pics of park now...hmm i will take pics when park is open :)

wish you all good day!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    calmorezoo wrote: »

thanks & hugs xxx

Routing issues

@calmorezoo , well donot have sims throwing tantrums at the park, it is functioning but as i explained sometimes horses throwing hissy fits while entering the park but believe it is a glitch rather than trouble.. :/

need to take pics of park now...hmm i will take pics when park is open :)

wish you all good day!

I will look forward to letting my sims run around your park

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    Username Teegers
    Entry TypeNumber 13
    Lot type Wedding Venue
    Name of lot Cantersim Cathedral
    Size of lot 40x40
    lot value 353,474
    DL link
    Spawners No
    Short descriptive story about the lot Sims who love history often take a pilgrimage to Cantersim Cathedral. If they're lucky, they'll get there when it's decorated for a wedding. For romantic sims, there isn't much better than dreaming of having their wedding in the Cathedral.
    Five pictures

2015-04-16_14-48-17.jpeg

2015-04-16_10-19-21.jpeg

2015-04-16_16-16-01.jpeg

2015-04-16_10-28-332.jpeg

2015-04-16_19-21-05.jpeg
    More images at the download link.
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for hosting or being part of this contest!!! OMG I know I am about to tell you may be complaining a bit but seriously I can not remember the last time I have been so immersed in my game all day almost every day.

I have been working 12-14 hours at a time obsessive with making art etc. My computer is having hissy fits with me. I've read 5 whole novels during the time it takes going back in forth between going into build mode, trying to change colors etc. Twirl, twirl lol so lots of time to read.

I've scratched the build part and am making very min. changes to an EA house figuring the art is the important part. I'm going to try to give an in progress pic to see if I can even get a pic up and to show you what I mean, The build is a house in RV with very few changes made to it. I have used fairies you may know already :)

ALL the art I am making that uses someone else's sim as a subject I give credit of whose fairy it is in the art piece's title. Also ALL the art I am making I am giving as a gift to anyone who wants to use them either in their own games or in a build to upload.

screenshot_original.jpg
    shown in pic are goddess0676sm's Avi, Nosferata by Idontrcall (I don't have her ED outfit so I had to improvise), blacksheba1973's Pippa, and TarynTempestwind's helper fairy.

I also managed to get my fairy Gaea Fayette (who has been having a ball getting to play with the fairies shown as well as ones by illusie, SandraKB, and sharonxyz) up on the exchange. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8635838
    Gaea is wearing her formal :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Well over 100 paintings were made (if only all of them had come out as I had hoped there would have been less) and several hundred photos snapped in game.

I LOVE to recolor every little thing and its killing me to choose my battles on what I HAVE to recolor. I cringe looking at that photo because the photo frames are not recolored and the floor and wall are what came in the house, sigh.

I am sorry I haven't been checking in more often on here. I usually am more active on the thread when I am in a contest (though I go and rec but don't look at anyone's build until I am done with my own) Not all warm and cozy here with the new forums yet. But thrilled I figured out how to post a pic. I got it in my head that I wouldn't be able to but only took 3 tries before hitting preview showed the pic.

• Options
    SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    Hi everyone!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for hosting or being part of this contest!!! OMG I know I am about to tell you may be complaining a bit but seriously I can not remember the last time I have been so immersed in my game all day almost every day.

I have been working 12-14 hours at a time obsessive with making art etc. My computer is having hissy fits with me. I've read 5 whole novels during the time it takes going back in forth between going into build mode, trying to change colors etc. Twirl, twirl lol so lots of time to read.

I've scratched the build part and am making very min. changes to an EA house figuring the art is the important part. I'm going to try to give an in progress pic to see if I can even get a pic up and to show you what I mean, The build is a house in RV with very few changes made to it. I have used fairies you may know already :)

ALL the art I am making that uses someone else's sim as a subject I give credit of whose fairy it is in the art piece's title. Also ALL the art I am making I am giving as a gift to anyone who wants to use them either in their own games or in a build to upload.

screenshot_original.jpg
    shown in pic are goddess0676sm's Avi, Nosferata by Idontrcall (I don't have her ED outfit so I had to improvise), blacksheba1973's Pippa, and TarynTempestwind's helper fairy.

I also managed to get my fairy Gaea Fayette (who has been having a ball getting to play with the fairies shown as well as ones by illusie, SandraKB, and sharonxyz) up on the exchange. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8635838
    Gaea is wearing her formal :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Well over 100 paintings were made (if only all of them had come out as I had hoped there would have been less) and several hundred photos snapped in game.

I LOVE to recolor every little thing and its killing me to choose my battles on what I HAVE to recolor. I cringe looking at that photo because the photo frames are not recolored and the floor and wall are what came in the house, sigh.

I am sorry I haven't been checking in more often on here. I usually am more active on the thread when I am in a contest (though I go and rec but don't look at anyone's build until I am done with my own) Not all warm and cozy here with the new forums yet. But thrilled I figured out how to post a pic. I got it in my head that I wouldn't be able to but only took 3 tries before hitting preview showed the pic.

Wooohooo oiswise ! My sim look fabulous! <3 I would also like copies of those beautiful picture <3 :-)
    Big Hugs
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cantersim Cathedral is such a very nice place for sims to enjoy getting married! @Teegers :) The exterior design of the Cathedral looks so very nice! The towers are very nice! Very nice texture of the exterior and interior walls of the building. The layout and furnishing of the interior looks so very nice! It looks so very nice how you have set up the seats for the guests to sit on and enjoy watching the wedding ceremony! It looks nice how you have pink bowed and white chairs to suit a wedding , as well as wooden pews for Church services. The pillars look nice how you have placed them on the sides of the chairs, and the drapes flowing from one pillar to the next and the flowers inbetween add very touches in the venue. It looks nice how you have a red carpet aisleway down the middle of the Church. The wedding arch platforned area is so very nice! The flowers look very pretty beside the wall on either sides of the wedding arch, and along the edge of the front of the platform. The flowers and greenery on the arch wall as well as all the other flowers are very pretty for the sims to enjoy seeing whilst getting married! The marble flooring looks very nice! The sculptures alternating with seats look nice on the edges of the room. The tapestries are nice touches on the side walls. Very nice upper balcony! Sims will enjoy listening to the musical instruments being played on the upper balcony whilst the wedding is taking place.
    It is a very nice wedding venue! :)