Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I just found out that you can pin a wish.
    What do u mean pin a wish?
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

There is a pin next to a whim. By clicking on it you keep that whim for as long as it's pinned or until the whim has been completed. You can only pin 2/3 whims.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Sims act differently depending on their emotion:

Sims tone of voice change depending on mood, when they're uncomfortable, tense or angry they their voice gets deeper, when they're bored or sad their voices are quieter and you can hear them sigh. If they're flirty, you can hear a persuading tone in their voices etc.

Sims also walk different depending on their emotion, Sims that are uncomfortable, tense or angry often stomp everywhere they walk and slam fridge doors, also complain about small things more frequently. Sims who are sad walk around like they're mopey. When they need to pee, they press their legs together, when hungry they put their hand to their belly and sometimes point into their mouth, when tired they'll micro-sleep, when unhygienic they'll smell themselves and express that they are disgusted by their own smell.

Sims tend to eat near their closest friends or family members if they're in the same room. When a Child or Teen Sim is doing their homework, there is a good chance for a non-playing Sim to help them with homework, same with NPCs in Gym Venues helping your Sims increase their Fitness Skill.

Once reaching Lv10 of the Gardening Skill you can buy the Farmer's Seed Pack which contains a chance of getting ANY plant.

I actually liked seeing my sim standing and sitting with his legs pressed together.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    There is a red pin on the whims, you can pin it so it doesn't change like you locked wishes or wants in previous games.
    edited October 2015
    Woohoo locations are:

Bed
    Observatory
    Rocket Ship - longest one x.x
    Tent - Outdoor Retreat required
    UFO - Get To Work only, you have to hope you get abducted, your Sim can only be taken without consent :\
    Hot Tub - Perfect Patio Stuff Required
    Bush - Get Together Required
    Walk-In Closet - Get Together Required

Did you know that you can edit any lot? Special areas require cheats to do so, even though you can edit the lot you can't edit the entire area :x
    Post edited by Prink34320 on
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    duska3419 wrote: »
    The dancing cowplant was cool I had to try it out for myself lol

I just discovered that when building a rocket, the sim can "ask xxx to help with rocket" for any adult sim on the lot!"

I thought you could only build it by yourself, wow, this game keeps impressing me lol
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Didnt know about the double bed thing! *Goes into game to refurnish rooms*
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    If you use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, you can see many objects that aren't usually available for your Sims to buy or make.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    The bed thing doesn't work for me. I put the bed against the wall, then click on the side against the wall and my sim scoots over to lay there. But if I click on their spouse to sleep on the side that's not against the wall, they just stand there waving with a thought bubble over their head showing a picture of the bed.

So two sims cannot lay in the double bed if it's against the wall. Even though the open side is OPEN, the sims won't sleep there because the bed is against the wall. WHAT?
    The bed thing doesn't work for me. I put the bed against the wall, then click on the side against the wall and my sim scoots over to lay there. But if I click on their spouse to sleep on the side that's not against the wall, they just stand there waving with a thought bubble over their head showing a picture of the bed.

So two sims cannot lay in the double bed if it's against the wall. Even though the open side is OPEN, the sims won't sleep there because the bed is against the wall. WHAT?

Strange, I'm pretty sure it works for me, but you know, Sims can now lay in beds that only have half a square of space on each side, they don't take up a full square like the past games.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If you have GTW, and your cop goes out on patrol, but there is no public bathroom near by, he/she can go into another Sim's house like a rabbit hole in the TS3 (it won't open for you) to use a bathroom. They may stay in there and visit, and you wonder where they went, lol, but they do come back out when you need them to do something else. So no need to worry they may pee themselves while out in the desert not near a club etc.

Every time my sim goes into a house and comes out again, I can't get him to go back to the police station. :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Yes! I really do like I can put a double bed up against a wall and my Sim can scoot over and sleep in the bed. It's just one more animation I wanted to be possible in these games in the last fifteen years. I really do appreciate the animators, they do a lot of things we asked for years ago and glad they are getting to put them in, now. I hope they keep these sort of things in years to come. (the animations)

But they won't be able to woo hoo in it because you need both sides of the bed for that
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    If you use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects, you can see many objects that aren't usually available for your Sims to buy or make.
    I am curious... What kind of objects besides a pond and outdoor bathroom?
  • peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    I am curious... What kind of objects besides a pond and outdoor bathroom?

I know some like Cowplants, Books, and drinks.
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top