The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 I'm a Lover Challenge 10 Generations

DaniiPantiiesDaniiPantiies Posts: 62 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
The Sims 4 - I'm a Lover Challenge
This is a rework of The Sims 3 I'm a Lover Challenge by bestfrienemies14. She created this a few years back and I love this challenge so much I cannot wait for someone else to rework it for The Sims 4.

The Legacy Rules do not have to apply to this challenge. It is up to you whether you want to play with heir rules (i.e. first born, males or females, etc.) You can move lots throughout the generations.

Creating the founder:
- Can be Male or Female
- Must be a Young Adult
- Must have the Romantic trait
- Must have the Soul Mate Aspiration

Generation 1-"All I wanted was to be a romance writer and find my own true love."
- Join the Writer Career
- Write Romance Novels
- Date one person throughout the Young Adult stage
- Marry as an Adult (must marry the same person dated as young adult)
- Have two kids as an Adult (must happen after marriage)
- Have a date night every week (at least one date)
- Stay with spouse until death do us part

Generation 2-"My parents kept their romance going even with two kids, I want what they had."
- Recommended Aspiration: Love - Soul Mate
- Recommended Traits: Romantic and Non-Committal
- Have at least two boyfriends or girlfriends
- Start dating in high school
- Go on five dates with different people
- Find true love as a young adult
- Get married to true love right away
- Have at least two kids
- Get Divorced as an Adult
- Never remarry

Generation 3-"My parents couldn't stay together and they loved each other so I chose to focus on my career."
- Recommended Aspiration: Fortune - Fabulously Wealthy or Knowledge - Nerd Brain
- Become enemies with Mom or Dad
- Join the Doctor or Business career
- Reach Level 5 of Career
- Start looking for potential spouse
- Go on Several Dates with one person
- Get Married as an Adult
- Have 2 kids
- Reach top of Career

Generation 4-"My parents didn't believe in love until they found each other, I think it's ridiculous."
- Recommended Aspiration: Love - Serial Romantic
- Have more than one Romantic Interest at a time
- Never get Married
- Move in with One of the Romantic Interests
- Become Serious with them
- Have one kid
- Let kid find you cheating

Generation 5-"My family was screwed up and I was scarred. I don't want that for my children."
Recommended Aspiration: Family - Big Happy Family
- Move out as soon as possible
- Never speak to parents again
- Live in a "nice" house (decorated, large enough for family to grow)
- Learn all traits before dating a Sim
- Get married to a nice Sim
- Have as many kids as possible
- Have at least one kid die
- Become anti-social

Generation 6-"My parents lost one of my siblings and stopped taking care of us. I had to raise myself."
Recommended Aspiration: Family - Successful Lineage
- Always live with one Sibling
- Cook and clean every day
- Start dating when Sibling is working steadily and seems "okay".
- Get married as an adult
- Have two kids

Generation 7-"My life was too perfect growing up and my parents loved each other too much. I refuse to fall into that trap."
Recommended Aspiration: Creativity - Musical Genius
- Join the Entertainer Career
- Perform on lots frequently
- Become famous
- WooHoo with as many Sims as possible
- Fall in love
- Get married
- Have 2 kids (twins)
- Die before children are teens

Generation 8-"I lost a parent and it was hard on all of us. I swear not to raise a family in this condition"
Recommended Aspiration: Wealth - Mansion Baron
- Live in poverty
- Get a high paying job
- Move in to a mansion or large house
- Adopt a baby of the same gender as Sim
- Get married
- Adopt another baby of opposite gender
- Have two kids of your own flesh and blood

Generation 9-"My parents raised me to be polite. They also arranged me to get married to someone I have never even met before."
Recommended Aspiration: Friend of the World
- Meet the future spouse
- Disapprove of them
- Go on a date with them
- Start to like them
- Get married to them
- Sleep in seperate beds
- Have one kid

Generation 10-"I was an only child whose parents barely knew each other. Maybe I can discover the secrets of love through my family's past."
Recommended Aspiration: Knowledge Renaissance Sims
- Visit every family member's grave
- Build a cemetery for the family
- Put each generation together in different spaces(including spouses and siblings)*different spaces means generation one(spouse and founder) is separated from generation two by a fence or wall
- Get married to a poor sim
- Have kids

Also a side note. If a generation doesn't have a specific career you may choose what career you want. Thanks again.

All rights go to bestfrienemies14 for originally creating this challenge. I just reworked it for the Sims 4. Let me know what you think down below, and any suggestions or changes!

Origin ID: Tianyao28
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• WomanOfLeisureWomanOfLeisure Posts: 14 New Member
    This looks incredibly fun! I just have a few questions.

Gen 2: Do you have to go on five dates with -five- different people, or just more than one person?
    Gen 7: I'm assuming we should ignore this for The Sims 4, since there isn't a fame thing, or should we find a way to "pretend"? IE, getting lots of friends, etc?

Thanks, and I can't wait to test this out!
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    This looks super fun! Im going to start right now, lol.. I will post pictures and updates here!
  • DaniiPantiiesDaniiPantiies Posts: 62 Member
    For Generation 2, I think just more than 1 person. So if you do 3 dates with 1 Sim, and 1 date with 2 other Sims, that's 5 dates.

Generation 7, I left it in as having a lot of money and a lot of Sims knowing you. And hoping they integrate some sort of "fame" back into the game.

Thanks so much for asking clarification. :)

> @WomanOfLeisure said:
    > This looks incredibly fun! I just have a few questions.
    >
    > Gen 2: Do you have to go on five dates with -five- different people, or just more than one person?
    > Gen 7: I'm assuming we should ignore this for The Sims 4, since there isn't a fame thing, or should we find a way to "pretend"? IE, getting lots of friends, etc?
    >
    > Thanks, and I can't wait to test this out!
    >
    I am so excited to see! :)

> @Baristatye said:
    > This looks super fun! Im going to start right now, lol.. I will post pictures and updates here!
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Looks like a lot of Fun! What ways to kill your sims are allowed ?
    AMB.jpg
    Anyway, except no cheating. I did this challenge in the Sims 3 and download the Deathnote mod to kill my Sims.

> @Bloudwed said:
    > Looks like a lot of Fun! What ways to kill your sims are allowed ?
  • cefthycefthy Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you so much! I actually finished all ten gens in TS3 because this was my favorite challenge. I was actually considering rewriting it for four, but I guess you beat me to it.
    “If there's one thing I've learned, it's this: We all want everything to be okay. We don't even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. We will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.”
    ― David Levithan
    Haha! Yeah I was waiting as well and then couldn't wait anymore!!! I want to do this challenge, but I have to finish the ones I am currently on. :P

> @cefthy said:
    > Thank you so much! I actually finished all ten gens in TS3 because this was my favorite challenge. I was actually considering rewriting it for four, but I guess you beat me to it.
    Well now I must start this challenge :tongue:

> @EuphorialQueen said:
    > I would love to see how you make this work.
    > Does look like fun .
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    EEEEE
  • KELLYKENNEDYKELLYKENNEDY Posts: 16 Member
    So I have just started this challenge, and I know that no cheats are allowed. and looks a lot of fun. But I was wondering, how can I record my progress? so that I can maybe post it on youtube or something? :)
  • riddler12riddler12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I'm going to be trying this for my new challenge on Tumblr. If you want to check it out here is the link to my blog! megasimmer.tumblr.com
    You can use OBS, a free service. Or FRAPs. :)

> @KELLYKENNEDY said:
    > So I have just started this challenge, and I know that no cheats are allowed. and looks a lot of fun. But I was wondering, how can I record my progress? so that I can maybe post it on youtube or something? :)
    Awesome!! :D Or AweSIM!

> @riddler12 said:
    > Hi! I'm going to be trying this for my new challenge on Tumblr. If you want to check it out here is the link to my blog! megasimmer.tumblr.com
  • Hidari_AidenHidari_Aiden Posts: 182 Member
    I am currently doing this challenge! But my founder had triplets on her first time around, is there any issue with that since the rules specify they only have two?
    No issue because they are triplets. Just no more kids. :)

> @Hidari_Aiden said:
    > I am currently doing this challenge! But my founder had triplets on her first time around, is there any issue with that since the rules specify they only have two?
  • Simmer4life:DSimmer4life:D Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question about this challenge: can you use cheats? Eg. Money cheats, etc.
    I recommend no cheats to stay with the story. But at times I feel like cheats are necessary for the story, (like "living in a good home" or something). For generation 1, I believe I "took out a mortgage" to get into the new home just because earning money does take a long time.

Long story short, it is not strict on a no cheat rule, but to have fun with this challenge I suggest not using cheats. :)

> @Simmer4life:D said:
    > I have a question about this challenge: can you use cheats? Eg. Money cheats, etc.
  • TpburrisTpburris Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you write romance novels? Sorry, I was looking at one of m y old sims that's a level 10 in writing and I looked to see what genre books you can write, romance isn't there...
  • ptpie87ptpie87 Posts: 166 Member
    Tpburris wrote: »
    How do you write romance novels? Sorry, I was looking at one of m y old sims that's a level 10 in writing and I looked to see what genre books you can write, romance isn't there...

Your sim has to be in a flirty mood.
  • sophiegamer17sophiegamer17 Posts: 1 New Member
    For generation 1, can the heir's boyfriend move in before she is an adult?
  • lpjohnson26lpjohnson26 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2015
    my heirs bf has moved in but now I'm bored they are still young adults so they can't get married yet all thet do is wohoo and go to work. i have 10 days to age up.
  • CatmasimmerCatmasimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    generation 7 :only one parent have to die?
    generation 9:how we can get the desaprove of then?
    generation 10: how do we buid the cemetry of familie?

i like doing this chalenge but can can't understand this steps
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    Oooh I like the sound of this. I'm gonna bookmark it and come back to it once I've completed my asylum challenge
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top