Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY IS MY SIM GLOWING?!

Alright so whenever I put on any custom content clothing(shirts, shorts, etc.)my sim glows! It's like a really shiny skin that dosent leave in game play. Does anyone know why?¿
thanks!

Comments

• lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm having this same issue! I searched through the forums and this is the only post I've found about it. Unfortunately no one has replied saying what the issue might be. I noticed it only happens with the cc clothes but not the hair. If anyone has any information on this it'd be much appreciated! For now, no cc clothes :|
    edited February 2015
    bump.
  • Taylor PowersTaylor Powers Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes it's the same for me. Whenever I use cc clothes my sims glows!
    I still haven't found a fix for it :/
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Your sim is glowing? Maybe they're a twilight vampire?
    1FKDfKj.png
    Not quite like that v.v I wish I could post a screen shot but apparently I'm a "new member"
  • theanimastertheanimaster Posts: 17 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Find 11 more people and you'll be good! I'm almost there myself.
    @theanimaster
    Not sure what ya mean by that?
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    It's bad cc. Delete it and you should be fine.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
    I don't believe it's just bad cc, or all of my cc would be bad. I found others who have the same problem and don't even have the same cc.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    No one seems to be suffering from it who doesn't have CC. So it's a CC issue. It would be nice and easy if it were specific pieces but that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately. Hopefully the March patch will help clear up the majority of the CC issues.
    apple-signature.png
  • RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Maybe the site you downloaded for gives bad cc
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • PsychoticPianistPsychoticPianist Posts: 13 New Member
    I've been having this problem as well. I thought it was just some bad CC I downloaded that I could delete, but even once I removed that skirt, the sim's skin was still all shiny and glowly and my friends say it looks like she jumped in a bunch of lube. And even once I did remove all CC, her skin was still glowing. My other sim has the same issue as well. But I haven't had it happen to anyone except Young Adult/Adult/Elder Females. My younger girls and boys have never had this issue.

And I download all my CC from TSR. I have a few pieces that aren't TSR but I had had those in my game for a while before this error happened.
  • mckenzieros3mckenzieros3 Posts: 85 Member
    I have this issue too! I wouldn't say it's "glowing" but makes the only sim all shiny, and not in a good way!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    it's still a bad CC, even if people laught at it
    the CC is not correctly assigned or there are some parts missing
    had that too few times as i still used CC

the only cure is to find which CC is causing it & remove it
    maybe tell the maker that his CC is bad

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • KDKD Posts: 3 New Member
    I have had the same issue and I have seen the cc be used by other people who use PC and have no problem. I dont think the cc is bad but it just doesnt work right for my mac. I have alerted the maker of the cc but there are so many people who have no problem with their cc. I got mine from a featured artists on TSR and Ive read reviews, I honestly think PC ppl dont have this issue as much as we do (mac users). Ive been looking all over for a fix to this but I cant find one. Ive taken out the cc for right now and everything is fine but I want to use the cc that I downloaded! no one makes the style I like, like this person on TSR so I need to know what part could be missing for macs so I can fix it/have it fixed. please help!!!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Make sure you have your game patched to the latest update.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    i do. i just bought my game and i got it through origin digitally, they automatically update. i dounble checked to make sure that feature was on so thats not the problem.
    Yeah I don't think anything is wrong with the CC either because other people use it fine. My game is always up to date. I don't use much CC anymore. Only the few that I found to work.
  • RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Maybe the sim wanted to "shine" ya know what i mean? ;)
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
    i just hope there can be a simple fix to it. but a maker of cc told me she didnt use the correct map for the cc which is why it might not work on macs...i dont know what that meant but hopefully it will be fixed soon. sims is great but its awesome with cc. Who doesnt want to shine a little? thats fine, just not all the time. gotta save some shine for everyone else. lol
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    lilmiszcee wrote: »
    Not quite like that v.v I wish I could post a screen shot but apparently I'm a "new member"

You're good to go now.

This is only happening to users with certain pieces of CC and who play on Macs. The only solution is to play without CC. It's still worth listing your CC and the source to see if you can all narrow it down a bit :)
    apple-signature.png
    Miki wrote: »

You're good to go now.

Oh you're right! When did I become a member!? Ha. Well here's a screenshot:

o5nm2c.jpg
    Miki wrote: »

You're good to go now.

Oh you're right! When did I become a member!? Ha. Well here's a screenshot:

o5nm2c.jpg

It's a CC skin tone surely?

apple-signature.png