Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House building competition! OPEN

Comments

• Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    bump! i hope everyone has a happy Easter! anyone else finished there homes? or are all of you waiting for all the challenges?
  • Options
    Baloshi2Baloshi2 Posts: 107 Member
    If only I had the time.... and the talent... and the game.....

No, I have the game, I just couldn't think of anything else cuz.... LAME. XD
    giphy.gif

Origin ID: Baloshi2
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hi everyone! Yes, Naley, I have ALMOST finished the home as far as building and CASing goes. I haven't done any upgrading and I don't want to go too quickly as the mom is pregnant right now. So, I want to keep her pregnant for any screenshots. :)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Happy Easter :smiley:

I'm pretty much finished @Naley22 but there's room for improvement so I'm dragging it out a bit ;)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @emiie10 So sorry to hear you aren't well. I hope everything goes well for you and you are feeling better soon!
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Hey guys, sorry for the long delay!

Challenge 3 is now up :) I'll give you a week as normal :)
  • Options
    Oh my, that is a challenge. But I do like it.
  • Options
    I'm surprised no one has shared any pics yet. With my house full, I'm just trying to orchestrate some nice pictures.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has shared any pics yet. With my house full, I'm just trying to orchestrate some nice pictures.

the playroom is my favorite room :blush: been trying to decide my second favorite since it was already used for the previous one :| Still have till the end of tomorrow

• Options
    ciane wrote: »

i have been a bit busy this week but ill have my pics up tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I'll go first.

Welcome to your new home. This is the entrance. The door on the left leads to a bathroom. The stairs up lead to bedrooms and studies while the stairs down lead to family room, library and another bedroom and down again to a gym with an awesome view of the pool.
    Screenshot-63_zpswyuiodt4.jpg

That little closet by the door has nice, organized cubby space.
    Screenshot-61_zpsmy9szanr.jpg

If you come in a little more, you'll see a nice big, comfy couch that Abby is enjoying.
    Screenshot-53_zps9qx98x6s.jpg

Abby jumps down when the mistress of the house comes in. (Straight down that hall is the laundry where Abby is suppose to sleep when no one is home! The garage door is to the right and the playroom to the left.)
    Screenshot-56_zpsjrzn06s4.jpg

Let's back up for a better view of the great room. (That big rug is really a good sized dance floor.)
    Screenshot-94_zpsmfuto7e6.jpg

It's an open floor plan, so it's great for parties.
    Screenshot-110_zpse4cxhsv4.jpg

Outdoor grilling and seating is just out the patio doors on the right.
    Screenshot-137_zpskz4uvi6l.jpg

And you are reminded just how fresh the food is when you glimpse the green house outside.
    Screenshot-60_zpsw3wgfjzl.jpg

Cooking is a dream in this state of the art kitchen.
    Screenshot-58_zpsd9vo7myq.jpg

And it has lots of pantry room too.
    Screenshot-59_zpsx3tt8abk.jpg
  • Options
    Looks great @ciane :)

Challenge 3

It's a simple and fairly small room but it's probably one of the few living rooms I've made that I'm satisfied with so I picked it over the other rooms. A cat has it's own spot and dogs can lay on the floor, allowing the family some time together while watch tv.
    Screenshot-29_zpsxnrbgcpm.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zpshzd7kfod.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zpsviuisud9.jpg

• Options
    I like your room too, @Sweet2. I love that coffee table and used it in my family room too. I might have used that same television there too.

This was a pic from that room before I CASt'd the wall paper.
    Screenshot-54_zpsap4g2qxp.jpg

And here's another view of it showing the same coffee table.
    Screenshot-91_zpszptpuoqo.jpg

I'm not sure that I like the way the wall looks yet, but I love this family room too.
    Screenshot-92_zpsss1rr7n0.jpg

• Options
    I know I'm posting it last minute again--none of the rooms I've finished so far stood out as a "favorite." But I finished up the library today and maybe it's just my inner bookworm, but I'm really fond of it. Upstairs is a small area for reading and studying, including a computer desk and several bookshelves. The stairs lead down to the stacks, where there is a treasure trove of books to be found.

Screenshot-105.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg
    Screenshot-103.jpg
    Screenshot-104.jpg

Sorry for the fishbowl look of the last picture, I couldn't get a good angle on the room, it's too small.

@ciane - I like your walk-through of the entry way, dining area and kitchen. I especially like the cubby closet by the front door. :)

@Sweet2 - Your family room is looks nice and having the cat-perch there is a great touch. :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
  • Options
    That is quite a library. You must really be a bookworm. :smiley: I love all the wood and the books on the table is a nice touch.
  • Options
    sill haven't fond the time to show my favorite room.. :( but ill will soon!!

btw i am loving the rest of yours! and man that is a great library!
  • Options
    I might get my house uploaded tomorrow. I took pictures and cropped and saved them today.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i will not be able to make this weeks challenge but ill try for next. the weather has been so great and ive been sick too so i havent been playing my game much. i cant wait to see everyone houses!
  • Options
    Sorry you've been sick Naley. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I am finished. I uploaded the lot here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8630579

It's a three car garage, but only has two cars right now and a boat trailer.
    l0wd_original.jpg

This is the overview of the complete lot as well as the layout for the basement gym.
    l0wu_original.jpg

The ground floor leads out to the backyard and has a room set up for when the girls get a little bigger. The quiet library and the family room are on that level too.
    l1wd_original.jpg

Upstairs is for sleeping as well as studying. Here he can easily work at home in one study while she can further her scientific and medical pursuits in another.
    l1wu_original.jpg

These are two of my favorite rooms: the family room and the cozy library.
    l2wd_original.jpg

These are the nurseries. The twins share the butterfly one.
    l2wu_original.jpg

The master suites are very roomy.
    l3wd_original.jpg

These show the shape of the house and let you see how the outside patio is right next to the greenhouse and orchard.
    roof_up_original.jpg

• Options
    Looks amazing @ciane :smiley:

Hope you feel better soon @Naley22 :)

Your library looks wonderful @KaytayRoall :)

Just have to sort through the pics I've taken and then kick the family out to upload. Just need to take a moment to do so :blush:

• Options
    edited April 2015
    wow nice @ciane !!

haven't see @emiie10 around.. hope she is alright!
    Post edited by Naley22 on
  • Options
    So I've been wondering, since the weekly challenges are a little behind schedule, are you planning on extending the final due date to do the full run of mini-challenges? Or just fit in as many as you can by then?

Also, after a bit of reworking this morning, I have some extra space I hadn't planned on and am trying to figure out what to do with it. So I was wondering if it would be okay for one of the ensuites to be part of a sort of secondary or in-law suite? It would be on the "loft" floor with its own kitchenette and small living area. If not, I'll come up with something else to do with that area. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • Options
    hey everyone! i wonder where our host is!
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    hello everyone how are u? Awesome builds!! :) wish i can join but have very little time for simming for the time being, especially to build! I am having fun to see all these entries! :)

@emiie10 , do u plan to give some extension?

wish you all an splendid day!