Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2015
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ New Home New Life

The first week or so in the new house went much better than Jasper could have hoped for. Jaci had some trouble sleeping the first night so Jasper let Jase read her a story in his room where she stayed the rest of the night. But after that she was ok sleeping in with her sisters.

fuyzc2.jpg

It seemed that the open floor plan was just what they needed to bond more as a family and whether they were doing homework, practicing spells or eating a meal everyone was pretty much together in the same space so there was a lot more communication going on.

24o4j7k.jpg

2je982.jpg

r6wlzn.jpg

The kids liked their new school for the most part. They seemed to make friends easily and found that being offered spell casting as a class was pretty cool. There did seem to be more homework though.

148htkx.jpg

The first night in the new house was also a night to try out things they hadn't had before. Nichol tried out the game system.

al118x.jpg

And Zach made sure the gnubb game hadn't gotten broken in the move.

1532rv7.jpg

It was while playing one night that he heard his Grandson yelling at someone in the front yard so he went to investigate. Jasper was in a heated talk with an alien woman.

2vahx6r.jpg

"There's nothing you can do about it Jasper." The woman was saying in a funny high pitched voice.

"I didn't even know about you! She doesn't know you! You won't do this! I won't let you!" Jaspers hands were clenched to his sides.

"There are ways Jasper. And you don't have a choice." The woman stepped to the sidewalk and then there was a light and she was gone.

2aigab4.jpg

Jasper stared at the spot where she had stood wondering how he could protect his family from something he didn't really understand. Zach could only hover close to him and hope that somehow his family would be held together not torn apart.

Meanwhile in the girls room.... Jenna had awakened to the sound of the computer keyboard. She quietly snuck down out of her bunk and watched an apparition at their computer.

flym4l.jpg

She turned to look as her sisters also woke up.

2mcvzhx.jpg

Jenna pointed at the man in the chair but Jamila and Jaci only looked confused. They yawned and climbed back into their beds. Jenna waited until she heard their soft breathing again all the while watching the man. He hadn't seemed to notice her and was very into whatever it was he was typing. She leaned toward him and said very quietly. "I can see you." He stopped typing and slowly rose out of the chair. Jenna's breathing quickened but something told her not to be afraid. This man would not hurt her. "Who are you?"

In her mind she heard him loud and clear. "I am your Grandpa Wei Jenna. Your ancestors are here looking after you." She wasn't sure what to think but now that she really looked he did look like pictures she had seen of Grandma Rorie with her Grandpa. She squinted and studied him closer.

r0s94o.jpg

"Someone is coming Jenna. I will speak to you another time. Ask your Aunt Hannah about me then you will understand more." He floated closer to the door. "Go back to bed child."

Jenna did as she was told and a second later watched as her Grandmother came in to check on them. Wei disappeared in a poof of light and Rorie shivered.

2qmnqs0.jpg

Rorie rubbed her arms and thought about her beloved husband. She had never looked at another man nor ever thought of remarrying. Her only thought was to bring up their children and grandchildren and that someday they would be together again. She had an odd feeling that he was around watching over them and waiting for her.

She didn't know how right she was.

Life was once again going to move on in the Snyder house and no one knew for sure where it was going to take them this time.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    It is nice that the ghost forms of the family remain a part of the story Tanu. It sounds like Rorie will soon be reunited with Wei.
    I will await to see what happens next in their lives.
    They look like they are settling in well to their new home. The pictures that you have posted speak words as much as the accompanying written words do.
    It was great to read and see the update :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, very, very nice chapter! Ghosts playing games and checking up on the family... A visit from an alien with the threat/promise that Jaci will be involved in something that Jasper won't be able to control... And a reminder that Rorie is getting older... all while letting us see more of our next heiress and hinting at her future. I love it!

I hope your snow is melting and that your spring cleaning is going well. I also hope you get to enjoy some time with your hubby and your sims.

Hugs you all!
    Thank you very much Rose and Ciane! I really appreciate getting feedback from you on the story. Sometimes it's hard to know if you're capturing the mood your trying too and I'm happy that I am :)

Sometimes I'm not sure what turns the story will take next until I sit down and look back through the pictures and start writing. I'm very lucky as my muse seems to like writing stories as much as I do! :p

We have had two really nice days in the 60s but still too much snow for the kids to have egg hunts outside this weekend. It's such a bummer. Also it's supposed to pour rain the next few days and be colder again. I did move my clothes all around and ended up getting rid of a bunch of garbage bags full between me, Hubby, and my daughter so it felt good to clean out. Hopefully someone who needs them will get them. And I had my window open for the first time this spring while I did it!! B) Still a lot of the house to clean though but I'll get there. If you see my house elf tell him to come help ok? lol

I may do one more update then you will have to wait until after Addy updates for more. <3
    edited April 2015
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Jenna Sets her Sights

Generation Four Rolls

Couple
    2 Children
    Military
    Rock
    A Party to Remember ~ Must throw one party in any season that is successful
    Gourmet ~ Must Cook each household members favorite meal

For awhile the Snyder house was calm and day to day living seemed to flow along. Jasper still kept up his studies and was getting close to succeeding with his goal of becoming top chef. Rorie didn't sing or perform as much as she used to for other people. She only did special parties now and sang more for her own enjoyment. The kids were all growing and becoming their own person and there weren't any more visits from other places for the time being. Yes, for now, life was pretty easy but sometimes when life is easy it has a way of complicating itself.

One morning before school Jenna and Jase were playing soccer in the house. They knew very well they weren't supposed to be playing ball in the house after all they've been told not too since they were kids. But neither Rorie or Jasper were paying attention and teens will be teens.

34f1yli.jpg

They were talking about what they each wanted to do after high school.

"I have no clue. I mean all the regular jobs seem so boring." Jase said as he passed the ball.

"I've been thinking of doing something athletic that will be interesting and challenging." Jenna said. "But I don't really like sports." She passed the ball back and Jase popped it off his head narrowly missing a light.

"What about law then? You can arrest me when I become a bad guy!" Jase was only half kidding about that. The career of becoming a less socially acceptable person seemed quite interesting to him. "Or you can join the military like Aunt Hannah's boyfriend."

Jenna stopped the ball with her foot. "Hmmm....that just might be a good idea Jase." She popped the ball into the air with her toe passing it back to him.

73cs35.jpg

They had caught the attention of their Great Grandmother who gave them a chilly and gentle reminder not to play ball in the house. As she passed by Jase he suddenly got the feeling they maybe should stop. He grabbed the ball and put it back where it belonged. "Ok well I need to get my stuff together." He walked by Jenna who was deep in thought.

20geiqv.jpg

That night after school Jenna did a lot of thinking while trying to keep busy.

264hys2.jpg

69dp39.jpg

She really was better at the other stuff than the physical stuff....

124zpeq.jpg

But that only made her more sure of what she wanted to do. She decided to go talk to Jasper. He had just come in from work.

"Hey Dad can I talk to you for a minute."

a4a22q.jpg

"Of course you can Sweetie. What's up?"

Jenna looked around and hemmed and hawed and couldn't bring herself to tell him she had set her sights on a military career. Jasper had always been very vocal about keeping his kids out of danger and she thought he would be against her joining after graduation. So she said what she knew he would love to hear.

"Nothing big. I was just wondering if you could teach me a few recipes?" Jasper beamed from ear to ear.

"Of course I can! You just tell me what you want to make and we'll make it together the first time! Cooking is wonderful Jenna! I'm so glad you want to learn more than just the basic stuff. I'll get a few together you can choose from." Jasper kissed her on the forehead and then just about skipped over to his recipe and cooking books.

1zwgmwz.jpg

Jenna went into her bedroom and pulled out her phone. Telling her Dad would be harder than she thought so she needed to enlist some help.
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ Jenna Enlists Help

A few days later Jenna was helping Jaci with her homework and waiting for Aunt Hannah to get there. She had talked at length with both Hannah and Hannah's boyfriend, Jules about her decision to join the military. Graduation was only days away and she still hadn't found a way to tell Jasper. She just knew he would freak out at the idea.

10fysjn.jpg

When Hannah got there Jenna grabbed her right away.

"Aunt Hannah you have to tell him for me. You just have to. He won't understand if you tell him and I know it's my life and my future and all that but Dad has worked so hard to make us happy and to make up for the fact we don't have a Mom around. I don't want to disappoint him by doing something with my life he disapproves of but I know in my heart it's right for me." She looked at Hannah her eyes pleading with her. "Please tell him for me?"

2a5hcoi.jpg

"Jenna you know I can't tell him for you." She gave her a quick hug. "But Jules and I will talk to him about the possibility of you maybe wanting to. We will help pave the way for you to tell him yourself, ok?"

a31lw3.jpg

"Ok I guess I know I have to tell him myself. Thanks for your help."

"We will have him over this weekend and I'll talk to him. Jules will be home to so he can help me get Jasper to see what a wonderful career it is."
    Just then Jasper came in from work. Hannah and Jenna both looked his direction and then Jenna sat down at the sketching table to finish a design she had started earlier.

24czfpg.jpg

Jasper went over to Hannah. "What was that all about? You two seemed deep in conversation when I came in."

21ke07m.jpg

"Not at all silly Jas. Just girl talk. Want me to tell you all about it?" Hannah joked.

"God no! Keep it to the girls!" They both started to laugh.

4g2b9x.jpg

The following few days left Jenna nervous. But Jaci's birthday party Friday night helped bring some fun into it also.

8wgs91.jpg

2ez1gr6.jpg

But finally it was Saturday and Jasper had joined Hannah and Jules at their house for dinner. After the dishes were put away Hannah decided it was a good time to talk to him.

"Jas, Jenna is going to be graduating soon and she has an idea of what she'd like to do. I've been thinking about how to talk to you about it and I decided to just come out and tell you. Keep cool until we talk it out ok?"

Jasper 🐸🐸🐸🐸 his head. "What the heck does she want to do?"

nl7eon.jpg

"Oh relax silly it's actually something quite honorable. And you can be very proud of her. She wants to join the military."

2gxgy9e.jpg

Jasper looked at her as if she was crazy. "No way one of my kids is joining the military! They send planes up all the time to try to find clues to other worlds. Then the astronauts go up. I have one of my girls who is actually from another planet and her mother has been here to try to take her back! What is Jenna becomes an astronaut or joins one of those special teams that go on so called secret missions? I live in fear every day that they are going to take Jaci. Am I supposed to worry about Jenna too?? I mean she was interested in cooking. Cooking is safe! Her feet would stay on the ground for God's sake. Military? What the heck?"

15my54g.jpg

"It's not a bad career at all Jasper." Jules chimed in. "No worse than the ghost hunters right here on our own planet. They've been known to take people into the catacombs that haven't come back out." Hannah gave him a look like that was a lot of help.

"Jasper keep an open mind when she talks to you about it. I understand your concerns I really do. You need to tell her about Jaci's Mom's visit so she understands that it's not her your upset with but rather your fear of what could happen. But listen to her. If you forbid her it will only push her away from you. And just think you may have a little girl who can drive a big tank!" Hannah smiled but Jasper didn't return it.

4qo3lu.jpg

He went home with the full intention of talking to Jenna right away but when he walked in the door Rorie was sitting on the sofa. She patted the seat next to her.

"Jasper, Son, we need to talk."

Whenever something big was going to happen in the Snyder house those who have already passed came around to ensure everyone was ok.

317a8mv.jpg

152dibq.jpg

And sometimes they even had a bit of fun on their own...

2ij6hkx.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Four ~ The talk of a lifetime

Jasper sat down next to Rorie. "What's the matter Mom? You look so serious."

idhdoi.jpg

"I just want to talk to my son is all. I'm very proud of you and I don't say that enough. You've worked so hard and made it to executive chef in a short span of time. Pretty soon you'll be head chef!"

Jasper smiled. "It's been a lot of work but I'm getting there. Thanks Mom. Knowing your proud of me means a lot to me."

jqpa9d.jpg

"You have four beautiful children Jasper. You've done an amazing job raising them by yourself. They will be well rounded adults with bright futures and I'm proud of the job you have done with them also."

"I couldn't raise them without you Mom. I need to tell you Thank you for all you've done for me and my kids."

vhdesi.jpg

"I love you son."

"I love you too Mom."

909lkl.jpg

"Mom this seems like we are saying Good-bye and I don't like it." Jasper started to get a sinking feeling in his stomach.

99pcfa.jpg

"I'm so sorry son but it's time for me to go. I needed to tell you I'm proud of you and that I love you. You and the kids will be ok. They are all strong willed but they share a bond that will hold them close just like you and Hannah do. I need to go Jasper. Your Dad is waiting for me and we've been apart way to long already." She looked at him a mix of sadness and happiness in her eyes. "I promise we will look after all of you."

He didn't get a chance to process what she said let alone reply before she began to glow and float up out of her seat.

2n154sh.jpg

2pyc9wo.jpg

****Rorie's passing really surprised me. I was just taking pictures of her and Jasper talking when it just happened. Her bar was only about half filled for elder so I thought she had a few more days left. She got her lifetime wish and her head stone says she passed from old age but I had always had them fill the bars first before. Her headstone is also a medium sized one instead of the big tall one like Zach and Nichols. Maybe she wanted to be closer to Wei :smile: ***
    Aw, Rorie passed away; but at such a perfect time. She got to say good-bye to her son and let him know how proud she was of him. They came a long way from the earlier arguements.

It was so good to see Jasper's sister again and meet her boyfriend. I really like the extended family lines in both of your stories. I like to keep tract of my family members that leave home too.

Wow, the children really are growing up. I do wonder what is in store for both Jenna's twin and her half-sisters, esp. Jaci as you have some drama working there. Way to go!

Awesome updates. I enjoyed them so, so much.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I was good until the last pic .... now pass me a tissue please ...
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    ciane wrote: »
    Aw, Rorie passed away; but at such a perfect time. She got to say good-bye to her son and let him know how proud she was of him. They came a long way from the earlier arguements.

It was so good to see Jasper's sister again and meet her boyfriend. I really like the extended family lines in both of your stories. I like to keep tract of my family members that leave home too.

Wow, the children really are growing up. I do wonder what is in store for both Jenna's twin and her half-sisters, esp. Jaci as you have some drama working there. Way to go!

Awesome updates. I enjoyed them so, so much.

Thanks! It was funny but in game they used to fight so much too but then when he started having all the kids they really seemed to say 'Hey we better get along now!' lol

I can't help but keep track of Hannah as she's always dropping by. It's so funny when she does because once she's let in she's just swarmed by everyone lol They all have almost full friendship bars with her already. And a couple of times Jasper has left the home lot all on his own and two of those times I found him at Hannah's house so I guess they are super bonded, lol

The kids grew up fast in game this time around. I think it's because I've had so much going on that I haven't noticed it's time for them to age until they actually do. It catches me off guard. I have a few ideas of which direction everyone will take.

I'm so happy I'm keeping you entertained and intrigued. :)

I was good until the last pic .... now pass me a tissue please ...

Awwww....Sorry I made you cry! :'( *Passes you a box of special super soft tissues*

I am so glad I had them take that family picture when I did. I was planning another trip to the festival but Rorie's death caught me so off guard! I literally yelled out loud "No not yet you can't die you have a few more days!" I made my cat (who always lays next to my keyboard when I'm on the computer) jump! lol

Here's a picture of my helper ~ When I need those keys I just slide my hand under his head, lol

2pu0gg4.jpg

I ended up crying with the passing away of Rorie too! You wrote it so beautifully! The pictures are very nice too. It was touching that you placed a vase of flowers beside the family photo in the last picture of the update.
    When our loved ones pass away, to be there at their side saying that I love you is very precious. Such a beautiful way to pass on. I am crying again. We don't know what each day holds. Life is very fragile and precious. Love lasts forever and ever. <3
    rosemow wrote: »
    I ended up crying with the passing away of Rorie too! You wrote it so beautifully! The pictures are very nice too. It was touching that you placed a vase of flowers beside the family photo in the last picture of the update.
    When our loved ones pass away, to be there at their side saying that I love you is very precious. Such a beautiful way to pass on. I am crying again. We don't know what each day holds. Life is very fragile and precious. Love lasts forever and ever. <3

*Passes Rose her own box of tissues* :/ Didn't mean to make everyone cry but thank you for your kind words. It made me think of my Dad's passing and that's why I wrote it that way. He didn't pass suddenly but I was able to tell him I love him and to tell him I understood he needed to go and I am grateful to this day and forever I was able to do so. I know what a gift I was given that day. And yes Love does last forever! <3

Well now I'm going to have to write a funny update and make everyone laugh! :p
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Now that Nate is a toddler there are plenty of “firsts” for him

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    OMG generation 4 already! Hi ladies I hope you are doing well, and was just catching up! WOW impressive gameplay!
    FEvr1sR.gif
    It was nice that Nikki married Arnhem, but sad that she passed away before becoming a grandmother. She will still visit her new grandchild though in ghost form. Kayla will miss her sister.
    It was very nice to read about the marriages and the coming birth.
    Thankyou for the update :)
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

{Narrator Addy adds: It is Easter morning and I jumped in game for a little bit of fun before my family woke up and this happened! The first gnome in the Snyder Legacy game! What perfect timing, LOL}

Story Progression Update:
    Bobby has a girlfriend and so does Dorian. Lynda decides that it is her time to find someone and begins dating Darrell Bagley.
    Darrell is the younger brother of Caren.
    {Narrator Addy adds: With two siblings, Bobby and Lynda, dating two siblings, Caren and Darrell, I imagine the Snyder family tree will start to get a little more complex on Nikki’s side of the tree}

Happy Birthday, Kain! Jeremey’s brother-in-law is now an Adult.

Kayla checks the weather and invites the family over to enjoy the last day of spring together.

Plenty of fun to be found inside AND outside on this nice day.

edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Good Morning! Time to rise and shine, my little man

OMG generation 4 already! Hi ladies I hope you are doing well, and was just catching up! WOW impressive gameplay!

I know, right?!
    4 generations and we're both still going strong :)
    Our games sure have taken different twists & turns and it is lots of fun to compare notes between our two versions.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
    {BIG Hugs!}

rosemow wrote: »
    It was nice that Nikki married Arnhem, but sad that she passed away before becoming a grandmother. She will still visit her new grandchild though in ghost form. Kayla will miss her sister.
    It was very nice to read about the marriages and the coming birth.
    Thankyou for the update :)

Thanks for your lovely note, Rose!

Story Progression is such a fascinating mod and I really wish I had started using it a long time ago because it adds so much life to the town! It has certainly changed the way I look at/play my game!

Even though Nikki wasn't a part of my active household any longer, I grew rather attached to her and kept track of what she was doing. I agree, it is sad that she passed away before becoming a grandmother, but I'm sure we will see traces of her genes (like pointy ears!) continue to pass down on her side of the family tree.
    Yay! Nate is growing up so quickly! And oh my, so many romantic interactions with SP... it's hard to absorb all of them. It was interesting seeing Nikki occasionally and watching her family grow (up). I wonder if you'll see her ghost around at all.

I love the sports snowman and the Easter gnome too. It's the things you don't control in the game that can add so much.

I am glad you got to play your game and give us updates. BTW, how is your daughter doing?

ciane wrote: »
    Yay! Nate is growing up so quickly! And oh my, so many romantic interactions with SP... it's hard to absorb all of them. It was interesting seeing Nikki occasionally and watching her family grow (up). I wonder if you'll see her ghost around at all.

I love the sports snowman and the Easter gnome too. It's the things you don't control in the game that can add so much.

I am glad you got to play your game and give us updates. BTW, how is your daughter doing?

Nate sure is! Before we know it, he'll be graduating from high school and starting to really be affected by the rolls that I got with the random app this go-round. I know, I know... tease alert. I don't want to give things away but I think this generation will be my most challenging one yet.

SP must be related to Cupid! Sims sure don't stay single long in this town of mine. I agree with you, it IS hard to follow them all so I am focusing my SP updates on just the family members or people they have gotten to know. Otherwise I could spend all my time reporting on what the townies are doing instead of focusing on my fun family LOL

Tanu mentioned that Hannah comes to visit Jasper and family in her game. She is so lucky! None of mine pop by and I have to actively seek them out in order to keep/maintain any sort of family ties. Oh! I do hope I'll get a chance to see ghost Nikki. While I was taking pictures for these updates, I noticed two ghosts at the house next door and paused my game so I could check them out... neither lived there and must have been "visiting" or passing through the lot. Maybe I'll get lucky and see ghost Nikki when she is out and about.

Yes. The things that I don't control continue to throw pleasant surprises my way and add a lot of "flavor" to this game. Before the rocker was bought, ghost Nichol spent her visits working out... now she makes a beeline for the rocker and stays in it. Ghost Zach used to haunt something every visit... now he grabs a book and spends time catching up on his reading. Hmm... it is almost like the ghosts have aged and are acting like old, retired people instead of the newly made ghosts who explored and were into everything LOL

Thanks for asking about my daughter. She was home just the one day. I think she does so much during school and in her after-school activities that she ends up "giving" herself a day or two every now & then to rest and re-charge her personal battery.
    Enjoy your childhood Nate! I know what adulthood has in store for you! :p