Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Sims Border Agent Sausage is a total babe :wink: I love him, @EmberDahl!
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    That first .jpg seems to be broken for me, I can only see a tantalising hint of his head and the rest is missing :cold_sweat:

Has that fixed it?

Yes @UshakSurfer aka Davie it can get a bit frustrating, but it makes it all the more rewarding when it works out- luckily I have a lot of patience (comes with my job) and it adds to the spontaneity of things - due to the 'completely opposite to what I was expecting' scenarios that play out I'm able to screengrab some amusing things that take the story into some very odd places that I wouldn't have tried if it all worked perfectly.
    I'll have to check who else has been culled, Luckily I think I have a very early save before Sausages was even made- so it should be all right. [/qoute]

By the way- I caved in and ordered the expansion from Amazon. I wasn't going to - but Mr. S wants that freeze ray thing.

I bet he Does indeed. *rubs palms together in a menacing fashion, while cackling like a delirious fool* The freeze ray gun along with that aptly named Border Agent outfit, sure will come in handy for keeping those spawnies in check! "Freeze You Plums!" (Deep voice-over) This Summer.. Mr Sausages is -- 'Taking care of business'. :naughty:

Good on you for having such patience! And I guess that's one positive way of looking at it.. I admire your tenacious spirit and delicious command of the English language. Ember!

Can't wait for when GTW releases and your next instalment!!! :mrgreen:
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully @Frogprincess_q you'll like the next one, here's a sneaky peek

border01.jpg

border02.jpg

Mr Sausages -- Laying Down The Law. In style!

Oooh please tell me you're gonna make him a Cop?! Or so called 'Detective' with the Get to work EP??? :#

I can just see it now.. Freeze Plums!. I'm packing serious heat and you're about to take a 'chill pill'.. Open wide motherplummers!

Or my personal fave. From one The greatest Clint Eastwood movies of all time (in my honest opinion) and a cult fan fave..

You gotta ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well do ya Plums?! ** Steps back, eyebrow raised, a grimacing look creeps upon his face.. pauses for a moment, -- smirks, then fires ray gun** It's Sausage Time!
    >:)
    Post edited by ZombifiedDeathEater on

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Daniel_USADaniel_USA Posts: 118 Member
    What are the pictures in the front of the "Injustice Sausage" pic.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I'll have to check who else has been culled, Luckily I think I have a very early save before Sausages was even made- so it should be all right.

I hope everybody's ok! :)

annie-edison-gif.gif

giphy.gif

• EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    D1n3r0 wrote: »
    What are the pictures in the front of the "Injustice Sausage" pic.

Do you mean his tattoos?

tat.jpg

I'll be reverting back to my old saves when I've finished doing these sausages' antics - so it'll be alright @KATENESS - annoying though

• parameepparameep Posts: 26 New Member
    That's the best thing I've ever read.

But honestly they promised "smarter sims" with "more realistic emotions" yet they do this stuff,
    I was annoyed at how robotic their negative reactions were in the sims 3 too, but at least in ts3 they would react a little bit, even if it was only a short moodlet.
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    I love all the outfits you make just for them!
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited March 2015
    The stories of Mr. Sausage are wonderful. I am so in love with all those experiments. I really like how they emphasize what is wrong with the game in a fun and easy to understand way.
    This thread is really long and I didn't read all the comments, but some of you had wonderful points!
    @Ayradyss your analysis are great and very true. I especially like this "what we all (most all, anyway) want is a system where a Sim's current mood is 'filtered' through his/her traits to arrive at an appropriate selection of actions. An happy 'Evil/Mean' person should end up with a different pool of results than an happy 'Good/Cheerful' Sim would."
    This. My thoughts exactly! I hate how generic the whims are and how repetitive. All my sims basically wish the same things (to buy something, to meet someone, to skill up...) no matter what their personality and aspiration is. It would be enough for me if traits had actual impact - like aspirations in TS2 for example: my family sims in TS2 rolled a wish to have a child probably every other day (annoying, but authentic). My sim in TS4 with Big Happy Family aspiration haven't had a single family-oriented whim so far. I was really expecting this kind of impact to be in TS4 (I think many traits in TS3 lacked the impact, too.) I thought evil sims should be frowning on others all the time, not smiling like the rest of sims. It is just unnatural.

I also think that Sim personality shouldn't be based on traits solely. In my mind, a combination of TS2 points system+traits+aspiration would be better.
    I imagine it like this:
    1. TS2 system with points would include some basic personality categories (sloppy-neat, shy-outgoing, no sense of humour-great sense of humour, dumb*-smart, mean-nice, curious-cautious, etc...). I think it would make sense because some personality traits are not absolutes. They don't work like a label, but like a slider. For example, some people are extremely nice (10 nice points) and some are really mean, but many people are in the middle. I think sims should be like that, too.
    These personality points would represent the basic personality of every sim. And every sim would be born with it. It means that kids (and toddlers and babies) would have their own unique personalities since they were born instead of just being brainless, crying babydolls. I think it would be interesting to have a mean baby who could be comforted only by her mama and would get upset if strangers wanted to cuddle her.
    2. Additional traits with specific talents and hobbies and phobias (Artistic, Bookworm, Handy, Geek, Mischievous, Clumsy, Childlish, Insane, Nerd... whatever.) These traits would be earned during birthdays.
    3. And finally, the Aspiration with the Lifetime Wish (I would really like the aspirations to be more crucial... more like a life-long motivation than a short-term goals, if that makes sense.)

But all of this would be working only if the sim personality had a real impact in the game.

So, what do you think, guys? I would love to read your thoughts and ideas :)
    *What is a polite way to say dumb? English is not my mother tongue, so please be patient with me :)
    Post edited by CharmingMaruska on
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Is that a dungeon um I mean basement in Mr. Sausages future I see? Love your episodes despite the lack of emotions.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!

*What is a polite way to say dumb? English is not my mother tongue, so please be patient with me :)

Plenty of good ideas there and there are many of us that would like to see something more like that. Probably the closest you can get to a polite way of saying something is a dumb idea is to say it's ill-considered. Maybe?

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • EmmySkyEmmySky Posts: 459 Member
    1. TS2 system with points would include some basic personality categories (sloppy-neat, shy-outgoing, no sense of humour-great sense of humour, dumb*-smart, mean-nice, curious-cautious, etc...).

I think since you are using dumb as an opposite to smart you can use idiot or stupid or 🐸🐸🐸🐸, though those aren't necessarily polite. To be perfectly clear about your intent, you can always resort to 'not smart'.

I think you have some excellent ideas. I never played TS2 or TS3, so I'm going from the old TS1 system to the new TS4 system and I'm thrilled with the wider variety of sims I can make. That being said, I am just as disappointed as everyone else in the 'real emotions' (and other assorted things), even though I am enjoying the game for what it is. Last night, I made a mean-evil-neat sim. I'm addicted to neat sims so I don't have to keep telling them to do the dishes. Anyway, this mean and evil sim promptly walked out of her house and had a pleasant conversation with the mail lady, they are halfway to BFFs, and a random gardener guy walking down the street is now crushing on her pretty hard. This should be SOP for good-cheerful sims, but what business does a mean-evil sim have going around having pleasant conversations with anyone? I know I could control the conversation, but I wanted to see what she did on her own. Also, after spending a couple hours with the easel, she was, like everyone else, inspired. Again, she is mean-evil-neat. No creativity. Her aspiration is for mischief. I would think that SOME sims might get frustrated or at least bored with the easel if they aren't inclined to creativity or art.

Like I said before, I am enjoying the game for what it is, because it is a HUGE step from the TS1 I was still playing 6 months ago, but it is disappointing that things that they claimed and/or promised are clearly missing or just totally broken.

@EmberDahl keep up the awesome work! I am amazed at your creativity in CC and story-telling and I really enjoy the humor you use to showcase the things that really need to be examined.
    oh, sylvia, the many faces of you!
    1bjOt3L.png?2
    sylvia is an adorably insane sim who likes to hate children and clean things, interrupting these activities occassionally to
    rail at the world, check her armpits for alien listening devices or play with her dinglehopper (and she's always pulling faces!)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've just noticed Mr. Sausages right at the very back on the home splash screen. Can't believe I never saw him there before.

sims4plums.jpg
    Lol, I'm such a dope! I came on here today and saw this and thought EA had made it. I thought they were so impressed with your Mr Sausages escapades that they'd decided to do a special tribute to him...

Awesome picture! He doesn't look too impressed with having to wear that bikini :D

I came on here today and saw this and thought EA had made it. I thought they were so impressed with your Mr Sausages escapades that they'd decided to do a special tribute to him...

It would be a worthy tribute if they did :lol: And it is so well made that it looks totally legit :mrgreen:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2015

Plenty of good ideas there and there are many of us that would like to see something more like that. Probably the closest you can get to a polite way of saying something is a dumb idea is to say it's ill-considered. Maybe?

In Sims 2 Pets, the pet choices were Doofus - Genius. :D Perhaps not polite, but amusing. And it conveys a sort of goofy, silly lack of intelligence more suitable to the game. The sort of person who'd spell a sign out with a finger under each letter - 'P-U-S-H' - then announce proudly 'Pull!' and haul on the door, which of course doesn't open.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    @CharmingMaruska: I've been holding off on making a reply to you, because I can't really think of a way to respond to the question of 'a polite way to say dumb' without launching into a rant. I don't know -- maybe I should just get it over with. In my own opinion, there's really no polite way, or perhaps it's better to say that the polite way to say 'dumb' is just to say 'dumb' -- politely. The way I see it, it's not the word, it's the person using the word that's generally either polite or impolite. The constant search for 'new words' to use is essentially futile, by my way of thinking, because as soon you choose another word (or, more likely, string of words -- we've gone through enough now to be reaching for awkward phrases most times), someone else will find a rude, derogatory way of using that term and it too will be labelled 'impolite' in the minds of the masses. (Given the lack of courtesy taught to most children these days, that generally takes about 10 seconds in a school classroom.)

My apologies to everyone for that. But I really firmly believe we, as a society, need to stop labeling words as impolite and trying to remove them from common use, and start labeling the people who speak them as impolite (and possibly remove them from . . . well, alright, no that may be a bit extreme). ;) Otherwise, before you know it, all anyone will be able to say is, "Plum plum, plum plum plum," and that tends not to really convey one's thoughts very concisely.

For what it's worth, I salute you for caring enough to try to find a polite way to say things. It's very nice to see that some folks still do care and courtesy isn't dead, just (sadly) somewhat uncommon. If anything, given that you're talking about how to label a slider, you might name it the "Intelligence" slider and then label one end "Low" and the other "High." Something like that.

But to get back to your ideas -- overall, I like them! In general, bringing back a set of trait 'sliders' or ranges more like those used in TS1 and TS2 might help. I think the system in TS3, when they first changed from using dynamic ranges to static 'traits' worked fairly well, but I know not everyone agrees with that. To me, it worked fine, but some others have claimed TS3 Sims were 'lifeless and robotic.' (I think the earlier TS3 version of the initial 'anger experiment' kind of proved they weren't, but, to each his/her own.) But I do feel that TS3 had a wider and better-defined set of traits than TS4.

So I guess I'm not quite sure that the TS2 slider implementation will solve all the issues we have, but I do think it may be a good step. Hopefully, in implementing such a system, the devs would put a bit more thought into what each 'level' of a trait would do. That's what I think is really the issue -- not necessarily the 'system' -- whether or not they're using sliders or fixed traits -- but more the implementation. Are the traits, whether they be fixed or sliders, coded to really affect things? How do they affect things and how is that seen by the audience for the game, the players? These are really the questions I think the Gurus need to be asking, whatever system they use to represent trait choices in the game.

You might say it's even a bit like the "words" issue I was initially going on about -- it's not so much the words, it's the intent behind them. (Or, it's not so much how the traits are presented, but what they're actually coded to 'do.')
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    I've just noticed Mr. Sausages right at the very back on the home splash screen. Can't believe I never saw him there before.

Oh, my--that's fabulous. My funny bone appreciates the amount of time you spend so artfully taking the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of this game.

#OK, I think I've got it now.

~Well thanks for nothing, I mean where the plum am I supposed to put my car keys now?

resurect09.jpg

#What's a car?
    Oh my plum.. What is a Car in this game Indeed Fran!! :lol: Nicely done Ember!!
    Part Thirteen : Unlucky for Sim

resurect22.jpg

#Shut it you!!!! Where's my money. You owe me and the band a day's wage for performing at your grotty little grief hole. I want the full amount... in cash, NOW!!!!

resurect23.jpg

~Easy tiger, I fully intended to pay. Look I'm a big fan of yours – that's why I hired you in the first place. You have a lovely voice. It's like Katy Perry without the autotune. Look, just relax and I'll just get it for you now.

resurect24.jpg

LOL I Can't Even!! Bahahaha I do Like Katy Perry but you're So right. . She's heavily autotuned in most of her songs! It's quite nauseating in certain parts to listen to.. :pensive:

This was So Spot on with an off the cuff humour I expect from Mr Sausages. And your sense of humour never fails to tickle the funny bones Ember! :D

Excellently executed! Good job highlighting the Main culprit of many a simmers woe! Culling Needs To End. Someone's gotta start up a petition and have a sign that says *No more culling! Sims are people too!* Err sort of. . Well they have Emotions that seem to work when they react, okay albeit with very two faced like qualities and indecisive mood swings for no apparent reason whatsoever. Totally human-like right?! Yeah.. No. Not a very good argument I'd agree lol

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
    Run, Mr Sausages, Run! She should have rezzed him in a basement where it was harder for him to escape :wink:
    I freakin' love sausage girl with bat ears, btw :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    <3<3<3

A new Sausage post & garlic fries, life is good. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    LMAO about the car keys! And love how he ducks out through the bookcase!

• SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    New episode of Mr. Sausage *fangirling*

*Grab coffee and cookies*

I can't wait... :D
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Ooh, she needs the lavvy, not surprising really, it's been a long walk. Don't feel to sorry for the sausage child, as you can see from her mood picture, she's clearly faking it.

toilet057.jpg

:heart: YES... THIS. TRUTH. LOVE THIS. :heart:

Had me laughing but at the same time THIS is what is wrong with TS4 and their emotions system. I said this was going to be an issue before the game came out; thank you for proving it.

@SimGuruLyndsay - please please please look at this thread and fix the emotions system for TS4. Thank you.