Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad Request for updated resource information

FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
Hi ModSquad

So with the new patch you changed the combined tuning from xml to simdata, which of course has caused some panic with my fellow modders.

But as you have been so good with providing information this far I have some requests for information regarding changes in the patch.

1) What ramifications does this have for tuning mods, are xml's still used or should they be completely written in simdata?

2) I noticed the simdata version is now 0x101, what are the changes? Can we get an updated binary template?

3) The caspart resource has been updated as well, I would greatly appreciate a binary template for that one as well.

4) Oh, and don't forget the tuning descriptions, we all love the tuning descriptions.

I hope you can provide these as soon as possible, we are all very excited for being able to mod Get to Work when it comes.

Cheers,
Fogity
Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items

Comments

• SimMartenSimMarten Posts: 10 New Member
    Some users over at ModTheSims have succesfully extracted the new XML's. I can't post links yet... :/ But it's post #75 in the Sims4XmlExtractor thread in the creator's forum. Scarletqueenkat discovered the method.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Here is the link: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4714257#post4714257 -- XMLExtractor (the tool that that thread is about) cannot successfully deal with the deltabuild file post-patch, but what does work is extract the resource (0x62E94D38-0x00000000-0xF1352E740C4710BA) with s4pe first and then export to XML from that. Haven’t verified it personally, but there are positive reports in that thread from others.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    There's still some confusion as the original succesful method was actually because they made a mistake and extracted from the ClientFullBuild instead of the DeltaBuild, but one user tried it too and it seems he was extracting from the DeltaBuild. Waiting on confirmation!
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey!

The change to combined tuning was purely an optimization change. More efficient to load binary data than raw XML.

Answers:

1) XML will still work. The runtime supports loading of both formats. So tuning mods should not be affected by this change, unless the mods are broken due to other functional changes we have made.

2) Simdata.bt. Will work on that. Note that we bumped to version 0x101 back on the careers patch and it was a pretty minor change.

3) CAS Part .bt. Will work on that, not sure what we did there off the top of my head.

4) tdescs coming soon. I will also look into providing you the new combined tuning file in the old XML format.

Will get #4 to you as soon as I can. I had been meaning to get something out to you yesterday, but was a hectic day. Also, for the record we do consider modders when we make these kinds of changes but sometimes we have no choice but to make drastic changes. Appreciate your guys' patience.

-SGMS

edited March 2015
    Thanks for the info! Us modders for now are unable to extract any files from the new binary combined tuning file, so that combined file in XML format would be awesome! And maybe information on the binary combined tuning file, so perhaps the modders can update the extraction tools too to handle the new format.
    Post edited by SimMarten on
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    I will also look into providing you the new combined tuning file in the old XML format.

This would be excellent – I imagine this would make it easier to be able to compare exactly what changed with the patch, and would also allow us to update our mods independently of tools being updated to work with the new format. Thanks in advance =)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    SimMarten wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Us modders for now are unable to extract any files from the new binary combined tuning file, so that combined file in XML format would be awesome! And maybe information on the binary combined tuning file, so perhaps the modders can update the extraction tools too to handle the new format.

We already know the format, it is a Simdata files. My guess is that the DataTool doesn't work simply because the file is large.
    As requested, new bt files posted: here and here. Thanks!
  • FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you very much, this is very useful.