Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Entry Form

Theme for the week: A Study For A Retired Gentleman

Gallery name of room : Time To Be Alone

Origin id : have2admit

Colin Rosemow is possibly the most fortunate man in the land.

03-15-15_9-20nbspPM-3.png

The retirement present from his generous wife, was this humble study located behind a bookcase in a small dark hallway off of their master suite of rooms. At times he NEEDS to be alone, but he is usually alone because of his wife's involvement in her many outreaches promoting help to anyone in need. Her generosity is unsurpassed in the land, and Colin's vast holdings including the manufacturing of his clock designs, (that are the most sought after clocks worldwide) is able to fund her overwhelming selfless giving of herself and resources to others.

Pictures of the room:

03-16-15_3-56nbspPM.png

03-16-15_3-58nbspPM.png

03-16-15_3-58nbspPM-2.png

03-15-15_4-45nbspPM.png

03-15-15_4-47nbspPM_1.png

03-15-15_4-26nbspPM.png

03-15-15_4-48nbspPM.png

03-15-15_4-21nbspPM.png

03-16-15_4-11nbspPM.png

03-16-15_4-05nbspPM-2.png

03-16-15_4-06nbspPM.png

03-15-15_3-23nbspAM.png

Colin thinks of the gratitude he feels towards his wife, and now it's Time To Be Alone.

03-17-15_6-17nbspPM.png

:)
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @have2admit Your Colin Sim looks great =) I like all the awards & trophies you've placed around.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @have2admit Your Colin Sim looks great =) I like all the awards & trophies you've placed around.

Thank you! I really like Colin, the room, and the story. I hope @rosemow likes it. :#
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Colin and his study are very nice! @have2admit :) It is very nice that you have created a simform of Colin! He has very nice blue eyes! It is very nice background details that you have written about him and his wife. He is very nice!
    The layout and furnishing of Time To Be Alone study is so very nice! The different sections of the study are so very great! It is great that the entry to the room is through a bookcase door. The small door opens to such a very nice fully featured room, with many great alcove sections! There are so many great details, features and areas in the room! The red and black colour scheme of the room is very nice! Very nice foyer area.The plants in the corner nooks near the entrance door and the rosette awards on the foyer wall are very nice for Colin to see when entering and leaving his room. The table of trophies that he has been awarded looks so very great! He will be so proud to see his awards on the table and on the wall there! It looks so great! Nice sitting area in the entrance area to the room. The grandfather clock in the corner and the clock on the wall are nice for Colin to see when sitting on the red sofa. Very nice pool area! Colin will enjoy swimming in the pool. It looks very nice how you have used the columns there. The enlarged sculpture in the alcove section near the pool looks nice. He will enjoy listening to music from the wall speakers whilst swimming. The hanging robe on the wall and the towels on the pedestal are great home touches there! Very nice middle hallway section. The red circular floor rug there adds a very nice look to the area. The various nooks in the room look very nice! It is great that you have a shower nook for him to have a shower , and a fridge for him to get a meal. The coffee machine nook is great! He will enjoy getting a cup of coffee and taking it to enjoy sitting and drinking it the seating areas of his study. The cabinet looks nice above the coffee machine. The sink alcove is nice too. Very nice media and bar area! The large screen tv looks great! Colin will enjoy sitting on the comfortable armchair relaxing and watching tv, and enjoying the music coming through the wall speakers there too. The blue lamp light is a nice touch of blue in the room. The clock on the side wall is nice for Colin to see whilst sitting there. Very nice bar counter alcove! He will enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst watching tv. The drinks display cabinet is a nice touch in the room area, and the rose is nice on the bar counter top. The mirror there looks nice. The microwave alcove is very nice! He will enjoy making meals there to eat whilst tv watching. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the alcove counter. The red hat sculpture looks great in the room area. Very nice library and study desk area! The sofa seating sitting and reading area is very nice! Colin will enjoy sitting resting there and reading a book from the bookcase. It looks very nice how you have placed the clocks on the wall there for Colin to enjoy seeing whilst reading. The green colour of the sofa looks nice in the red and black colour scheme of the room. The plants and the lamps on the side tables look nice how you have placed them either sides of the sofa and in the corner nooks. Very nice study desk nook! He will enjoy sitting on the comfortable study chair at the desk table using the computer, and the grandfather clock looks great that you have placed it beside the study desk.
    The layout of Time to be alone is so very nice! The way you have furnished the different areas of it is very great! Colin is a very nice sim, and he will enjoy being in his study. It was very special and nice that you created a simversion of him. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! I like to take pictures in "live" mode, so as long as I'm putting in a Sim, I figured I might as well make Colin. I have never made or played an elder before, so it was interesting to find that Colin doesn't look like one in "live" mode. He looks like an adult. It's also funny the gestures elders make in CAS.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words and thoughts about my entry in the challenge. This was fun as a retired person myself IRL. I am in no way like the elders depicted in the game. Maybe in a decade or two. lol :)
  • Options
    Thankyou very much for everyone who entered the "A Study for a retired gentleman " challenge! It is now closed. Colin will be very happy spending time in each of the study rooms! The layout and furnishing of them are so very nice! Very nice colour schemes in the rooms. He is very pleased that he will enjoy seeing the clocks in his study!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the front page of this thread ! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    :) THE FIFTH CHALLENGE :)

The theme is: A Wedding Reception Room.
    Alison and Timothy are very excited! They are soon getting married! They have been planning all the details of the wedding, and what they are going to wear. They were just about to send out their wedding invitations... when they realised that they hadn't organised a room to hold their reception after the wedding ! They are getting married indoors at a Chapel, and so have organised the wedding ceremony area. They just need a reception room to go to after they have had their wedding photos taken, where they and their wedding guests can enjoy dining. Will they be able to dance there too? Or listen to music? They will leave that to what you decide to include!
    Could you please design a reception room for them? They don't mind if the room is an indoors room or an outdoors room. They are so looking forward to their happy wedding day!
    The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 24th March Midnight PDT

ENTRIES
    Here Comes The Bride... (ReneVeronicaZlta)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13430981/#Comment_13430981
    Romantic Rendez-vous (Puncky99)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13432505/#Comment_13432505
    Reception Hall (gmcrozier)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13435103/#Comment_13435103
    Wedding Reception (kamb1403)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13435726/#Comment_13435726
    Garden Love Celebration (Karababy52)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13435793/#Comment_13435793
    An Affair to Remember (pottergoose)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13437333/#Comment_13437333
    A Wedding Reception Room (Liziann1)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13437957/#Comment_13437957
    A Wedding Reception Room (Issabella14)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13438668/#Comment_13438668
    French Quarter Reception (rabidkitty07)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13440768/#Comment_13440768
    Wedding Reception Hall (liliaeth)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13442039/#Comment_13442039
    Wedgewood Wedding Room (Girkl )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13443737/#Comment_13443737
    Pretty in Purple (EAfan99)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13444605/#Comment_13444605
    White Lace and Promises (WrathofCath)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13446630/#Comment_13446630
    Nature Inspired (LoneOnyxStardust)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13451463/#Comment_13451463
    Wedding Reception Room (have2admit)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13453299/#Comment_13453299
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Okay so not a chapel but an area to throw the party afterwards? Got it, I'm on it thanks, been looking forward to the next challenge all week. :smile: Starting to think I should take more time doing these so I'm not left waiting the rest of the week lol
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Okay so not a chapel but an area to throw the party afterwards? Got it, I'm on it thanks, been looking forward to the next challenge all week. :smile: Starting to think I should take more time doing these so I'm not left waiting the rest of the week lol

Hello @pottergoose :) I will look forward to seeing your room! :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    ooh I love wedding rooms . . . will have to get thinking and planning and creating!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    ooh I love wedding rooms . . . will have to get thinking and planning and creating!

Hello @Liziann1 :) I will look forward to seeing your room! :)
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Thank you so much @MegandtheMoon,@Liziann1,@rosemow,@Vihisha for such kind words about my room-so glad you liked it! I remember in-setting fireplaces behind a wall with an arch through it in Sims 3 (good for putting ovens behind too in a country-style build) but in Sims 4 that leaves the fire unusable,plus it wouldn't be an option for this thread anyway as obviously the game would read it as two rooms then- one with everything else in,one with the fireplace in. Not ideal lol but I have to say I don't mind the little spandrels (is that the word I mean?) forming a kind of arch,and as ever I love clutter and ornaments in game so with a couple of them and one of Colin's clocks I was happy with it :)@MegandtheMoon I know what you mean,I have lost count of the times I have looked at other peoples rooms,lots and in Sims 3 entire worlds and been very envious of my Sims! Not sure if I should be worried by that or not lol

Finally had a chance to look back at the past week's rooms in a bit more detail- I know it's late but I just had to comment on a few things that really stood out to me,apologies if I missed anyone but honestly all the rooms are great,as is the whole thought behind this thread. I love how Simmers can share ideas and offer help to each other <3

@altad1 I love all the little details in your pictures,such as the glass on the desk,bottle on the fireplace and all the parcels waiting for Colin to get to work tinkering on!

@Issabella14 The rich wood panelling and antique-feeling colours and furnishings make your den so elegant. It reminds me somewhat of the old "Gentleman's Clubs"

@MegandtheMoon Your colour scheme of the woods and creams with soft blue is just gorgeous,looks a very calming place to sit and think or (if you must) work :)

@LoneOnyxStardust I think the parquet flooring is so classy,think it might be my favourite in the game as it stands and it works perfectly for your study. Also,love the split level so that the reading area looks even more private and tucked away

@WrathofCath Yum! Love the combination of brick and woods,as always I'm a total sucker for clutter and all the little detailed pieces you used make the room look really well-loved and well-used. Plus,love the workshop area for Colin to tinker away in <3

@gmcrozier Such rich,scrumptuous colours- your room looks so elegant while still warm and cosy. Makes me think of an old Victorian house :)

@rabidkitty07 Love the inspiration behind your room- I reckon Jack would approve!

@Vihisha Loveee the backstory for your room,so sweet! The room really follows it through too,with all the little bits and bobs collected over the years,the slightly faded and mismatched furniture <3

@ReneVeronicaZita Colin is a man after my own heart,you just have to have clutter! I like how you've created lots of little areas for different uses for him :)

@RyeCris16 I'm so jealous of your Colin's walk in library area! Lovely idea for a room :)

@Puncky99 Oh your room was so lovely (those rich brocade rugs on the parquet floor,yum <3),did you ever manage to get the problem resolved? It would be a shame if you didn`t get to share it- if all else fails you could remove a section of something and leave it missing when you upload,but just explain that in the little description bit? I have seen a youtuber upload a room before now with a section of wall missing so it would count as one room,no-one seemed to mind (after all it's a two second fix). Anyway I hope you got it sorted and have better luck with this weeks theme!

@catmando830 Nice use of rug layering- I find myself doing this quite often in Sims 4 as we're more limited. Can really add some nice variety with them :)

@have2admit Wow your Colin really is one lucky Sim! I think male Sims the world over would be jealous of that very upscale mancave!

Yay for the Wedding Reception theme,I can go all girly with the feel of it again!
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Hello @Girkl :) Thankyou very much for your kind words to everyone. I hope that you enjoy working on the wedding reception room. I will enjoy seeing it! :)
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Theme for the week:A Wedding Reception Room
    Gallery name of room : Here Comes The Bride.....
    Origin id :Zita1966
    Pictures of the room :smile:

Alison's rich aunt came 2 the rescue and dolled up the Chapel Hall for their reception. Alison loves dancing and was thrilled to hear that a dance floor will be constructed in front of the bride and groom's table. She was also delighted that her aunt considered Timothy's fav color, which is blue and that she combined it with her color of choice for her wedding, shades of pink.

2PvxeaM.jpg

Day view

HMayNrN.jpg

back to evening

AR52Yn7.png
    vl9hkxh.jpg
    Kxz1AqG.jpg
    dX2X1T7.jpg
    YGLHqEX.jpg

• Options
    Your wedding reception room, Here Comes The Bride, is so very lovely! @ReneVeronicaZlta :) It is nice that Alison's aunt came and designed and furnished such a very nice reception room for the happy couple! It was very nice reading the background details that you wrote for the room. The pink and blue colour scheme of the room is so very nice! It looks so very pretty! It is nice that you have used different shades of pink in the room. The furnishing of the room is very nice! The Bride and Groom's table is very nice! It looks nice how you have created a long table, and the white colour of the table and the accompanying pink seats look very nice together. The balloons and banners are nice celebratory touches on the front of the table, and the enlarged blue flowers look very nice placed beside the ends of the table for the sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting at the table. It looks so very nice the type of, colour of and how you have placed the curtains in the room! The dance floor in the front of the bride and groom's table is great! It looks very nice how you have placed lights on the edges of the dance floor. Sims will have fun dancing there to the music from the stereo! The pink coloured ceiling lights add to the nice look of the room. It looks very nice how you have placed the tables and chairs on the sides of the room. The circular tables and the type of chairs that you have used look very nice. It is nice that you have used Timothy's favourite colour which in your background details is blue as the colour of the tables, and have pink coloured dining seats to accompany the tables. The white flowers on the table tops are very pretty for the sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining at the tables. It looks very nice that you have done the walls of the room as mirrors! The bar area is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed drink display cabinets there, and have placed lights between them. The blue colour of the bar stools looks nice. Sims will enjoy listening to the music from the guitar being played whilst dining there. It is great that you have a microphone there for wedding speeches. The banners and balloons on the mirror walls are very nice touches .
    The reception room is such a very nice place for their reception! The colour scheme is lovely! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Theme for the week:A Wedding Reception Room
    Gallery name of room : Here Comes The Bride.....
    Origin id :Zita1966
    Pictures of the room :smile:

Alison's rich aunt came 2 the rescue and dolled up the Chapel Hall for their reception. Alison loves dancing and was thrilled to hear that a dance floor will be constructed in front of the bride and groom's table. She was also delighted that her aunt considered Timothy's fav color, which is blue and that she combined it with her color of choice for her wedding, shades of pink.

2PvxeaM.jpg

Day view

HMayNrN.jpg

back to evening

AR52Yn7.png
    vl9hkxh.jpg
    Kxz1AqG.jpg
    dX2X1T7.jpg
    YGLHqEX.jpg

Ugh! That's like my dream wedding reception right there. The color scheme is amazing it's just, I can't lol. Is it on the gallery yet?
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @ReneVeronicaZita Neat use of the Moo'd objects...very creative...especially on the Bride/Groom table =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    Wow, really amazing what everyone has made for Colin. So many great ideas and beautiful rooms. <3<3<3

Thank you so much @Vihisha @rosemow @altad1 @MegandtheMoon @Girkl for your kind comments and tips. Unfortunately, I have not kept the room. Because I adapted many things to try to make 1 room instead of 2, it was no longer the same. Oh well, better luck next time! ;)

I think the new challenge is great fun and I will start building today. I am very curious what beautiful rooms everyone is going to make. Have fun all! :)
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    Puncky99 wrote: »
    Wow, really amazing what everyone has made for Colin. So many great ideas and beautiful rooms. <3<3<3

Thank you so much @Vihisha @rosemow @altad1 @MegandtheMoon @Girkl for your kind comments and tips. Unfortunately, I have not kept the room. Because I adapted many things to try to make 1 room instead of 2, it was no longer the same. Oh well, better luck next time! ;)

I think the new challenge is great fun and I will start building today. I am very curious what beautiful rooms everyone is going to make. Have fun all! :)

Hello @Puncky99 :) I hope that you enjoy working on the reception room and I will look forward to seeing it :)
  • Options

I never did upload my florist dining room because the game considered the sunken area another room, so I can sympathize. Then, my study considered the pool as a separate room! Dang it!

Oh well, I uploaded the study and wrote that you'll need to place the pool in the obvious spot. I still have them both in game because I just can't bulldoze them. I want to remember them! :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I started mine last night and it was all going really well, then I had issues with the roof/ walls so I bulldozed the lot ( I have an earlier save)
    I had made a whole reception lot, with kitchen, wc's and a bar linked to the reception room,
    I think I will still do it this way ( If that's OK ) but I need to start over tonight.
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    have2admit wrote: »

I never did upload my florist dining room because the game considered the sunken area another room, so I can sympathize. Then, my study considered the pool as a separate room! Dang it!

Oh well, I uploaded the study and wrote that you'll need to place the pool in the obvious spot. I still have them both in game because I just can't bulldoze them. I want to remember them! :)

Hello @have2admit. I am sorry that you couldn't upload your Florist room because of the sunken room, and that the pool in your study was considered another room. Simmers will add the pool to the study room after placing it in their game, to make it as you intended the room to be.
  • Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    I started mine last night and it was all going really well, then I had issues with the roof/ walls so I bulldozed the lot ( I have an earlier save)
    I had made a whole reception lot, with kitchen, wc's and a bar linked to the reception room,
    I think I will still do it this way ( If that's OK ) but I need to start over tonight.

Hello @Liziann1 :) I am sorry that you had problems with the roof and walls and needed to bulldoze the lot. I hope that your next version of the build goes well. I will look forward to seeing your entry :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I've started my room. Think purple. That's all I can say :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I've started my room. Think purple. That's all I can say :)

Hello @Eafan99 :) I will look forward to seeing your purple reception room. Happy simming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top