Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Design A Room Challenge!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello @Kc71886 :) Your kitchen is so very nice! It is a very nice combination of the feel of an old farm house combined with great modern touches. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! The grey brick texture of the kitchen walls looks nice. The island bar stool counter is great! It looks nice how you have placed the jam jars on top of it, ready for the grandma to make some jam. The flowers on the counter are nice for the sims to see whilst sitting on the stools eating. The teapot clock on the wall is a nice homely touch. It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves on the walls, and have placed homely kitchen items of a flour bag, fruit bowls, cookie jars and nice touches of green with the plants. They look great! They are nice for the grandma to see whilst cooking meals there. It looks nice that you have used open shutter windows in the room. The textures of the furnishings capture so very well the old style farmhouse feel. The hanging basket and the towels are nice touches either sides of the window. Very nice dining area! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the glass doors whilst eating their meals there. The leafy pictures on the wall and the plants on the wall shelf and in the corner nook are nice for sims to see whilst sitting dining there. The crockery cabibet adds a great touch to the room and is nice and homely. It looks nice in the dining area of the room. The flowers and books are a nice home touch on the dining table. Grandma will enjoy cooking food in the bakery oven and making jams and preserves on the canning station. The pie on the counter looks delicious to about to eat! Your grandma sim is so very nice! She looks like she is enjiying cooking and eating in her nice kitchen!
    Thankyou very much for entering the challenge! Your kitchen is a very nice room for Grandma to enjoy cooking and dining in. :)
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    I'm going to enter asap; I have some good ideas! :naughty:
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2015
    Couldn't figure out how to post my own picture so here: I also posted it on my simblr :blush:

tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
    Your Grandma's Kitchen is so very nice! @bleubell :) The wall pattern is so very pretty! The colour shades of the wallpaper and the furnishings are very nice! Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! The cookie jar, breadsticks, and jug on the counters are nice homely touches there. The home baked pie on the counter will be delicious for the sims to eat! The hanging floral apron on the wall is a very nice home touch in the kitchen. Very nice side wall eat in dining area. The daffodil is sunny and nice for sims to see when eating their meal at the table. The floral themed pantry displays cabinet on the wall adds to the niceness of the room. The type of counters that you have used in the room looks very nice and suits the theme of the room very well! The fruit terrarium in the corner of the room is a nice touch. Grandma will enjoy cooking tasty meals in her bakery oven. Very nice sink area! The colour shades of the towels look nice, and the plates and mugs shelf above the towels are nice for sims to see when they come to wash their dishes.
    The kitchen is such a very nice, pretty and homely room! Grandma will enjoy cooking there. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Simmers often find it helps to edit in their pictures after they have posted some text in their post. You may find it helps if you try to go back and edit in the photos now?
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    GoodMorningSweetBear-vi.jpg

Good Morning Rose! I am finally getting to post my pics now that my internet has decided to work correctly. I tried all day yesterday to get my pics uploaded and it just wouldn't work, but I got them now...lol

My version of grandma's kitchen is actually kind of loosely based on my ex's grandma's kitchen. I always loved the homey feel of it.

Screenshot-128_zpsaiwrfds9.jpg

Screenshot-126_zpsv4vpw931.jpg

Grandma's kitchen also included a large pantry for all the canned and baked goods she always had on hand. I miss her cherry pies and her sweet pickles. :(:)

Screenshot-133_zpsbsqaurtq.jpg

Screenshot-132_zpsxxhrrakl.jpg

Here's a slideshow link to these and some additional pics: http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/Wendy_Shadden/slideshow/Roses design a room challenges

I hope you enjoy viewing them, I know I did designing it. I'll be back later today, but now I'm off to a day of appointments. Have an awesome day, everyone!

140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    Hello @Ivanna420 :) Your Grandma's Kitchen is so very nice and homely! :) It is a very nice kitdhen! Very nice furnishing of the room! It looks lovely! The colour scheme of the room and the floral wall pattern is very pretty! Nice texture of the furnishings. It looks very nice how you have placed the wall cabinets and the counters in the corner nook of the room. It looks great how you have angled the microwave into the corner and have placed the books on the counter as a nice touch. It looks nice how you have all the wall cabinets in the room . Very nice tea table area! The type of seats that you have used there looks very nice and suits the type of room so well! Sims will enjoy sitting there having a chat and enjoying a nice cup of tea. The hanging apron on the wall and the cupcake stand, cookie jar, floral jars, lemonade jug and bread tin items on the counters are very nice homely touches in the room! It is great that you have the bakery oven in the room for Grandma to enjoy cooking in. The house picture on the wall suits the room theme so well! The pink counter tops look very pretty. It looks very nice how you have placed the floor rugs in the room! The placement of them under the table looks nice. The recolouring of them are very pretty! The type of ceiling lights that you have used looks nice. The floral patterned kitchen curtains are very nice! Very nice oven corner alcove nook! It looks very nice how you have placed the oven into the angled wall corner and placed the wall spice cabinets either sides! The hanging utensils kitchen shelf looks nice placed above the oven. The alcove looks very nice! It is great that there is a large pantry in the kitchen. It looks great how you have set up the shelving for the Grandma to store her items on! She will enjoy making jams and prserves on the canning station and storing them on the shelves. It is great that you have bakery display racks there too. The floral pantry display cabinet looks very nice there. The layout of the kitchen areas is very nice!
    It is such a very pretty, homely and warming kitchen! Grandma will enjoy preparing meals there! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Woo! I'm loving all of these kitchens, guys! Nice work and, @rosemow, fan-freakin'-tastic idea! It was a lot of fun. I look forward to doing more, if I have the time...and the internet. :smile:

Screenshot-235_zps5zwy6r2a.jpgScreenshot-222_zpsyprfathu.jpg
    Screenshot-231_zpsdhowpykk.jpg
    Screenshot-224_zpsluugb7ml.jpg
    Screenshot-233_zpsgnxli02s.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Your kitchen is so very nice! @60smusiclvr :) Very nice furnishing of the room! It looks just like a kitchen that a grandma would have in her home! The roses and blue coloured wall pattern looks so nice! Very nice layout of the areas of the kitchen! The dining area is very nice! The floral pattern on the dining tables is pretty. It looks nice how you have placed two different coloured dining tables together, and have placed chairs around the edges of the tables. The type of seats suit the type of room very well. The floral and family photos on the wall are nice homely touches for the sims to see whilst sitting there enjoying eating their meals. The yellow bird light on the wall looks great! Very nice tea table! It looks great how you have used different types and colours of seats for the sims to sit on and enjoy a nice cup of tea. The mixture of the seating reflects well a grandma's home! Your choice of furniture in the room is great and very reflective of a grandma's kitchen! Very nice cooking area of the kitchen. The texture of the counters looks nice. The house and the fruit pictures on the wall, the breadsticks, the hanging pots and the hanging utensils shelf are nice home touches for the sims to see when cooking there. It is great that you have placed the canning station in the room. Grandma will enjoy creating jams and preserves on it, as well as cooking up delicious food in the bakery oven. It looks nice how you have placed the mugs rack on the wall above the canning station. The type of fridge that you have used suits very well the room. Her grandchildren's drawings are on the front of it. The pink flowers on the kitchen counter look pretty. The bucket items are nice touches in the room, and the circular patterned floor rug adds to the great look and feel of the room. The type of curtains and how you have placed them looks nice. It looks nice how you have angled the kitchen display cabinet into the corner of the room. The floral pantry cabinet in the dining area is a nice homely touch. Your grandparents sims are so very nice! They both look like they are enjoying a nice cup of tea! It is nice that you have a tasty pie on the kitchen counter that grandma has prepared.
    Your kitchen is so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! It looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge. :)
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    Helo everyone!! How are u? :)@rosemow , that's such a lovely idea!! I really would like to be part of it!! wish you all nice week!!
    will revert with my pics... :)
    Helo everyone!! How are u? :)@rosemow , that's such a lovely idea!! I really would like to be part of it!! wish you all nice week!!
    will revert with my pics... :)

Hello Duy :) I hope that you have a very nice week too! I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your kitchen room :)
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Everything looks wonderful :smiley: Been trying to build something but it doesn't turn out the way I'd like it to, don't have the right inspiration :disappointed:
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

Hello @Sweet2 :) I am sorry that you are having problems working on the room. I hope that you are able to get the kitchen how you would like it to be. I am sure that it would look nice. :) I will look forward to seeing the kitchen, or if you are unable to do it perhaps you may like to wait and do the next challenge theme instead.
  • janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    @Rosemow, I hope that you are having a nice week as well :)<3
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    making-jam-e1425933903293.png

My Great-grandmother would make a variety of jam every Christmas when we were children. There was usually twelve different flavors in small jars. She had such a tiny kitchen, I cannot image even cooking a meal leave along so many flavors of jam.

My Grandma made Elderberry jelly for us. We, as children, picked elderberries from a small tree that was growing near a farm where our horses were housed.

pantry-e1425934196120.png

My mother never made jelly or jam, however she canned tomatoes and other vegetables every year. She also canned rhubarb sauce (made with a hint of strawberry) for pies and cakes. My mother had a pantry that was full of baking ingredients. I have this grandmother the same. Her pantry is protected by a colorful curtain.

baking-e1425934356252.png

Both my grandmothers could bake bread and rolls. Fresh biscuits with breakfast in the morning. Loved the smell of fresh bread.

life-in-the-country-e1425934487289.png

Bread and jam made with love by grandmother.

fresh-bread-and-jam-in-the-morning-e1425934554389.png

All my grandmothers have passed on. The memories of their kitchens and the wonderful smells so early in the morning stay with me. When I think of grandmothers, I remember the sounds of the kitchen in the morning before the sun came up and it was the last thing I heard at bedtime, grandmother doing dishes in the kitchen. I think Grandmother's kitchen is warmest, dearest place in my memories.

Hello @Shadoza2 :) When I read what you wrote about your grandmothers and mother and saw the pictures, I started to cry. It was so very touching and lovely what you wrote. Thankyou so very much for sharing with us your very special and very treasured memories. The memories will live in your heart and mind forever. Thankyou.
    The kitchen that you have designed is so very nice! It is so special how you wrote the words about your memories and accompanied them with pictures that reflected what you wrote. Very nice furnishing of the room! The colour of the walls is nice. The house picture on the wall is a nice homely touch. The breadsticks on the counter, and the hanging utensils shelves on the wall are nice kitchen touches there, It is very special that you have placed the canning station in the room which is a reminder of the jams and jelly that your grandmothers made, and the canning of vegetables and the sauces that your mother made. The pantry is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the colourfully patterned curtains in the entrance to the pantry.The bags of flour and the pie look great on the pantry shelf. It is a nice picture of your grandmother sim baking up tasty food on her bakery oven. She is enjoying eating her bread and jam at the dining table too! The daffodil is a nice sunny touch on the table top for the sims to see when eating meals there. The hearts decor near the front door are pretty and are homely. It looks very nice how you have placed a freshly baked loaf of bread on the kitchen counter as well as some home made jars of jams. It is such a very nice picture of the grandma and her grandchildren enjoying a nice meal together! They will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst dining.
    Thankyou so very much for sharing your lovely memories that you have of your grandmothers and mother in their kitchens. It was so very special to read what you wrote and to see the pictures :)
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Thank you Rosemow
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Hi Rose and everyone. kitten-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif This is such a cute idea. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi Rose and everyone. kitten-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif This is such a cute idea. :D

I agree! And your post is cute, too! :heart_eyes:

Nice avi, as well! Aren't cats just the greatest?

@60smusicluvr - Thanks hon. Yes they are. :D

YShQCz1.png

Hello Sharon :) The waving kitten is very cute! I hope that you are having a nice day! :)
    Thanks hon. I hope that you had a wonderful day as well. :D
    YShQCz1.png