March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sue Pea's DNA Contact Thread (NEW! STAR ACRES 9 June)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Your WIP looks very nice! :) This inspiration picture is very nice, and your simversion of it looks very nice! Very nice textures of the exterior! It looks great how you are using the water wheel!
    It is looking great! :)
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    OK... I am IN LOVE with the inspiration pic, and already drooling over what you have done. Squee! A water wheel! I love Tudor homes, so the outside looks amazing. Love the treatment that you did with the chimneys, too! Small touch of contemporary that fits in beautifully! Also love the mix of windows! The iron work ones fit in beautifully with the others. I know that the "over-grown" look is hard to achieve in the sims, but you are doing great! The front shot with the "driveway" entrance looks wonderful with the various trees that you have included so far. I know that you are still working on it, but so far I am over the moon!

Thank you so much for posting these WIP pics. I am so sick with bronchial pneumonia that I can hardly breathe, but these pics have made my day bright despite taking my breathe away in a good way! Thank you! :D<3
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Sue Pea, you´re making it perfect !! I adore Tudor houses <3 Hugs my dearest :D

Thank you, dear heart!
    h2xmsbl]
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your WIP looks very nice! :) This inspiration picture is very nice, and your simversion of it looks very nice! Very nice textures of the exterior! It looks great how you are using the water wheel!
    It is looking great! :)

Thank you so much, Rose! Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you <3
    h2xmsbl]
    Morakai wrote: »
    OK... I am IN LOVE with the inspiration pic, and already drooling over what you have done. Squee! A water wheel! I love Tudor homes, so the outside looks amazing. Love the treatment that you did with the chimneys, too! Small touch of contemporary that fits in beautifully! Also love the mix of windows! The iron work ones fit in beautifully with the others. I know that the "over-grown" look is hard to achieve in the sims, but you are doing great! The front shot with the "driveway" entrance looks wonderful with the various trees that you have included so far. I know that you are still working on it, but so far I am over the moon!

Thank you so much for posting these WIP pics. I am so sick with bronchial pneumonia that I can hardly breathe, but these pics have made my day bright despite taking my breathe away in a good way! Thank you! :D<3

So sorry to hear you are sick, Mora! Hope you get over this quickly -- I know how miserable that can be. Glad you like the house so far. Huge hugs and lots of healing thoughts are coming your way.
    h2xmsbl]
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love that inspiration pic! Seriously, just beautiful. And I love the inclusion of the water wheel in your build. I haven't done anything with it yet myself!
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Suepea! Medications, and lots of tea are helping. Took them a week to figure it out, then put me on strong meds. Shoot, I am even on a steroid that I have to eat so can take the pill. This is the worst as I lose all appetites when I am ill. :p hehe However, thanks to past medical history every time I get sick, hits me harder & longer than most people. So will take a bit, but I will get better. Hugs help! hehe :D

Forgot to mention that I love how you put rock the rock wall. Made it look like portions of the wall were added a bit at a time over a long period of time. I love the roof line that you used on the "garage". Made it look like a converted barn which is perfect. Old timey, but updated! :D I also love the shelf that is in front but outside of the larger windows. They going to be "homemade" flowerboxes? ;) Oh can't wait to go skating on that pond! hehe I am so excited, I can barely stand myself.

Question... I paused the witch family as I would like to wait till in the new house. However, would you like me to continue a bit more so to know if she is having single or twins & the sexes of them? That way can plan in advance? Can play that much more before going to play my curiosity game. The CG is a mixoligist in Bridgeport who is curious how the newest fruits & veggies interact. Which makes perfect vintages and such. Well, I am curious, so she gets to do the work. hehe

Edit: She had a boy. So only 2 kids, one girl (witch & heir), and a boy. He might either be human, or Merman. Will have to see when he turns into a toddler. hehe
    Post edited by Morakai on
    Thanks Suepea! Medications, and lots of tea are helping. Took them a week to figure it out, then put me on strong meds. Shoot, I am even on a steroid that I have to eat so can take the pill. This is the worst as I lose all appetites when I am ill. :p hehe However, thanks to past medical history every time I get sick, hits me harder & longer than most people. So will take a bit, but I will get better. Hugs help! hehe :D

Forgot to mention that I love how you put rock the rock wall. Made it look like portions of the wall were added a bit at a time over a long period of time. I love the roof line that you used on the "garage". Made it look like a converted barn which is perfect. Old timey, but updated! :D I also love the shelf that is in front but outside of the larger windows. They going to be "homemade" flowerboxes? ;) Oh can't wait to go skating on that pond! hehe I am so excited, I can barely stand myself.

Question... I paused the witch family as I would like to wait till in the new house. However, would you like me to continue a bit more so to know if she is having single or twins & the sexes of them? That way can plan in advance? Can play that much more before going to play my curiosity game. The CG is a mixoligist in Bridgeport who is curious how the newest fruits & veggies interact. Which makes perfect vintages and such. Well, I am curious, so she gets to do the work. hehe

Edit: She had a boy. So only 2 kids, one girl (witch & heir), and a boy. He might either be human, or Merman. Will have to see when he turns into a toddler. hehe

Hi Mora -- you have such a good eye for details! And thanks for letting me know we have a boy baby to build for. Can you bear to pause them for now? My Simming time is scarce during the week but I will use as much time as I can so you don't have to wait long. Now I have a sick hubby to deal with and we all know how men are when they are sick! Well, maybe you are lucky and don't ;-) Anyway, he doesn't complain a lot but he makes a lot of noise which to me is just about the same thing! He has been kind and slept on the couch last night so he didn't keep me up all night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't catch it. Here come some more hugs!
    h2xmsbl]
    Hello @Morakai :) I am sorry to hear that you are not too well. I hope that you feel better very soon. Sending special thoughts and hugs to you <3
    Hello @suepea. :) I hope that your husband feels better very soon. I am thinking of you as you care for him and help him. I hope that you are able to keep well. Sending special thoughts to you :)
    suepea wrote: »

Hi Mora -- you have such a good eye for details! And thanks for letting me know we have a boy baby to build for. Can you bear to pause them for now? My Simming time is scarce during the week but I will use as much time as I can so you don't have to wait long. Now I have a sick hubby to deal with and we all know how men are when they are sick! Well, maybe you are lucky and don't ;-) Anyway, he doesn't complain a lot but he makes a lot of noise which to me is just about the same thing! He has been kind and slept on the couch last night so he didn't keep me up all night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't catch it. Here come some more hugs!

Oh I don't mind pausing them for right now. :D Been having fun with my musical bartender in BP, as I never did get very far in bartending before. I do hope that your hubby gets better. We women seem to soldier on when we are sick, but men are worse than kids when it happens to them. hehe Luckily newest "hubby" isn't too bad. Grumpy but quiet. You take care, and make sure you don't get what he has, and I will also send back some healing & hugs your way!

PS: Was I right about the homemade flower boxes? I just LOVE how you did that! :D

@rosemow Thank you dear Rose! Getting better every day... Just not sure how many days I have left. hehe ;):D
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @suepea. :) I hope that your husband feels better very soon. I am thinking of you as you care for him and help him. I hope that you are able to keep well. Sending special thoughts to you :)

Thank you, dear Rose. It is so very sweet of you to think of us! He's feeling much better already.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    EEE! Can't wait for that to be done! I got Stones Throw recently and am Plum confused as to how to use the roof bits, I kinda managed it but I wanna build a true Green House-boat (get it? Greenhouse, Houseboat? No? Ok, shushing up.) to grow all kinds of plants all year 'round. Not having a ton of luck but I wanna try before caving and requesting.
    edited March 2015
    Finally! Wyndswept Manor -- a DNA request build for Morakai is finished!
    DL Wyndswept Manor here
    Slideshow here
    cover_zps80xo26t8.jpg
    Morakai -- In my mind's eye I envisioned this house to have been sitting on it's site for a very long time -- it's a little bit overgrown and hidden away and maybe even a little bit unkempt. But there's a strong magical presence and that's what makes it such a perfect home for Moonlight Falls and hopefully, for your magical Sims.
    birdview_zpsvmk14fle.jpg
    firstlevel_zpscmimj5o0.jpg
    secondfloor_zpssqfepn0f.jpg
    Front Entry:
    Screenshot-449_zpsnxfbdifl.jpg
    Kitchen:
    Screenshot-434_zpsolp4igek.jpg
    Mora -- You said you wanted to leave room for the baking station and the pizza oven in the kitchen -- well, I managed to take a picture of the version of the kitchen with both but I forgot to take a picture of the kitchen as I uploaded it -- you will see that there are cupboards there instead that can be easily deleted and replaced with the extra kitchen items if you so choose.
    Screenshot-418_zpsgz6a4xte.jpg

Post edited by suepea on
    h2xmsbl]
    On the main floor is a pantry, study, parlor and guest bath:
    Here's the pantry:
    Screenshot-445_zpsgeuhzler.jpg
    Screenshot-446_zpscfeubvje.jpg
    The Parlor:
    Screenshot-441_zpse9amp2pz.jpg
    Screenshot-442_zpsbqrhcok4.jpg
    The Study:
    Screenshot-437_zpsp47llevd.jpg
    Screenshot-440_zpsr5t9npv5.jpg
    The Guest Bath (please forgive the awful photos -- I am not good at doing pics of small rooms!)
    Screenshot-448_zps9zr6knqa.jpg
    h2xmsbl]
    Now let's see what's upstairs:
    The Guest Room:
    Screenshot-450_zpsouhfqpzx.jpg
    Screenshot-452_zpsiqbodjla.jpg
    The Nursery:
    Screenshot-427_zpsxxo7dv5j.jpg
    Screenshot-457_zpsizgrffxt.jpg
    The Girl's Room:
    Screenshot-453_zpszak9bklz.jpg
    Screenshot-456_zps1amfodto.jpg
    The Master:
    Screenshot-460_zpsaxhjuarm.jpg
    Screenshot-461_zpstjqd4vxo.jpg

h2xmsbl]
    Before we head outside let's look at the full bath:
    Screenshot-463_zpsk7fjrosk.jpg
    Screenshot-464_zpsdljtpwvc.jpg
    And now the carriage house:
    Screenshot-478_zpssqqbtrbh.jpg
    Screenshot-479_zpsk9ghyyzh.jpg
    Screenshot-480_zpsc2sez11w.jpg
    Screenshot-475_zps44oftaac.jpg
    h2xmsbl]
    Last but not least, some shots of the property:
    Screenshot-433_zpsqwdzvi0y.jpg
    Screenshot-466_zpst38vdzkk.jpg
    Screenshot-425_zpsw7slxbad.jpg
    Screenshot-481_zpstidg22ps.jpg
    Screenshot-469_zpsw10nbmvj.jpg
    Screenshot-474_zpsgwze623c.jpg
    Screenshot-472_zpsrn1n0afq.jpg

Morakai -- thanks so much for your patience! I hope you enjoy playing this house as much as I enjoyed building it for you.
    h2xmsbl]
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Wow. I just stumbled upon this. It's so pretty! I never knew I could fall in love with a house. But I think it's serious with this one. I think it's The One.

*running off to download*
    giphy.gif

KATENESS wrote: »
    Wow. I just stumbled upon this. It's so pretty! I never knew I could fall in love with a house. But I think it's serious with this one. I think it's The One.

*running off to download*

Kateness, that is the nicest thing anyone's ever said about a build of mine. Thank you!
    h2xmsbl]
    Wyndswept Manor is so very nice! :) The exterior design and the layout of the home is so very nice! The different areas and buildings in the build looks very nice! Very nice exterior of the buildings!The corner pond is nice. It looks nice that you have used the water wheel in the build. The greenery looks great that you have placed it on the sides of the chimney and exterior walls! The texture of the exterior walls looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice entry area. The type of front door that you have used suits the type of home. The mirror and side table are nice touches beside the front door. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets and counters. The island bar stool, sink and stove counter is nice. Nice texture of the walls, and the texture of the counters is nice. Nice eat in dining area. Sims will enjoy sitting eating their meals there. It looks nice how you have done the dining corner with windows on both walls. The ceiling candle lights add nice touches in the room. Very nice pantry! The display cabinets, breadsticks and firefly lights look great there! Sims will enjoy storing items they have made on racks there. Very nice parlour! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and armchairs, for sims to enjiy sitting having a chat together, or reading or watching tv in front of the fire. It looks nice how you have placed bookcases either sides of the fireplace. The rose is a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. It looks great how you have created a tv alcove wity the placement of the shelf above the tv. The items are nice on the shelf. The candles on the coffee table are nice for sims to see as they are sitting there, enjoying listening to the music from the piano.It looks great how you have created the piano! The raven is nice placed on the piano wall, for sims to see whilst playing the music. The study is very nice! Sims will enjoy resting in the rocking chair. Nice window study desk area for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in whilst sitting at the desk using the computer. The floral wall pattern is pretty. The wall tiling pattern in the guest bathroom is nice. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The wall patterns in the bedrooms are nice. The pictures that you have placed on the bedhead wall in the guest bedroom are nice for sims to see whilst laying in bed. They will enjoy watching tv in their bedroom. The birds/blossom wall pattern is nice. Very nice nursery! The blur colour scheme and clouds wall pattern is calming and restful for the little children. It looks nice how you have placed the fish on the corner walls, which are fun for the kids to see when in the playpen. The unicorn bed is nice in the girls bedroom. The candle wall lights are nice touches either sides of the mirror in the room. The floral lamp is pretty on the bedside table. The floral wall pattern in the master bedroom is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead wall. The mannequin is a nice touch in the corner of the room. The carriage house is very nice! Sims will enjoy brewing up elixirs on the alchemy station in the carriage house. The spider web wall pattern suits the type of building. Very nice outdoors areas! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and plants on the edges of the home! The patterning on the exterior of the home looks very nice! Nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the umbrella covered tables in the outdoors air. Very nice secret garden area! It looks great how you have created the swing! The archway gated entrance to the garden looks nice. The water fountain feature is very nice in the garden, and the chess pieces are great touches. Very nice greenhouse! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table in the greenhouse having a cup of tea.
    It is a very nice build! :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Airis was here B)
    I love your creativity and you´re a a source of inspiration to me. I always have something new to learn from you.
    O. M. G. Suepea!!!! So worth the wait! Holy catnip!!!

I love the ivy on the outer walls, and the secret garden is exquisite! The layout looks like it would make it easy to play, which I love! Now let's talk about that kitchen! Love the homey feeling without all the various clutter! I will be adding in the baking station & kiln. Thank you for adding a space for them. Ad I am sooooo jealous of that pantry! I want it in my real house. hehehe

The parlor is amazing! Love the fireplace with the flanking bookshelves, and the shelf above the TV is darling! :) nd the tapestry additions are perfect! And in the study I love all the layers of texture in there. The details in the half bath so work well!

Oh the guest room is gorgeous! Love the various textures on the walls. The mix of wicker & then the crown wallpaper is gorgeous! Then add in that fabulous rug, the colors, and the eclectic mix of furniture is awe inspiring! Speaking of awe, I am after looking at that spectacular nursery! It is sooo cute! Love it! Plus I love the wallpaper in the master! Love the whole house really!!

Thank you ever so much for making such a beautiful, and perfect to me (at least), awe inspiring house! :D

Oh... quick question... Where did you build it in moonlight Falls? I would like to make sure I put in the spot that it was made. Think the family is going to love this!!! I know what I will be tomorrow (err... later today)!!! Thank you!

Massive, but gentle, Hugs!!
    O. M. G. Suepea!!!! So worth the wait! Holy catnip!!!

Oh... quick question... Where did you build it in moonlight Falls? I would like to make sure I put in the spot that it was made. Think the family is going to love this!!! I know what I will be tomorrow (err... later today)!!! Thank you!

Massive, but gentle, Hugs!!

@Morakai -- I am so glad you like the house! When I first built it I think I added a lot in Edit Town mode but when I play tested and took pictures it fit quite nicely on the lot right across from the Equestrian Center. There are plenty of 40 x 40 lots in Moonlight Falls but I always go for one with a water view :-) Have fun, dearie, and let me know if you have any issues that may need fixin'.
    h2xmsbl]