Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
edited February 20 in Nominated Threads
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
by nastyjman

[updated November 2021]

The purpose of this challenge is two-fold: fandom and variety. For fans, this is a great opportunity to roleplay as a Time Lord. For non-fans, this is a challenge that allows you to use most of the available traits on one Sim who will change appearance yet keep their skills, reward traits, relationships and aspiration points.

Time Lords are a time-traveling race in the Doctor Who universe (click here to learn more). When they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death, a Time Lord can “regenerate” to cheat death.

There are three gameplay types for the challenge, and they are as follows:

CASUAL: sim lifespan is set to Normal

HEARTACHE: sim lifespan is set to Short, but your Time Lord ages as Normal

"I DON'T WANT TO GO": sim lifespan can be anything; your Time Lord does not age, and they regenerate based on your own criteria.

---

To enhance your challenge, click here for the ROLEPLAYING GUIDE.

---

The following are Tracking Sheets for the Incarnations:

CHALLENGE TRACKING SHEET: Where you hand-pick or randomize traits for each incarnation.

PATH OF THE DOCTOR: Where you follow The Doctor's incarnation from 1st to 12th (including War Doctor)

WnTmlyk.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! What a fantastic idea!!! <3 I'm a huge DW fan and this seems so freakin' interesting! If I hadn't already started my neighborhood story, I'd TOTALLY work on this. I hope others will be interested. I'm so bummed that I can't do it (two other stories and couldn't handle a 3rd one).

What are your rules for cheating? Obviously no age cheating as it's vital to the challenge. I assume no skill cheating either. But, what about motherlode, making sims happy (mailbox), and other things?

If I had decided to play, I'd create Donna to be his first companion. <3 She'd be Dr Donna. Hehe
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    DUUUUUUDEEEE THIS CHALLENGE WAS PRACTICALLY MADE FOR ME *Points to avatar and signature*
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! What a fantastic idea!!! <3 I'm a huge DW fan and this seems so freakin' interesting! If I hadn't already started my neighborhood story, I'd TOTALLY work on this. I hope others will be interested. I'm so bummed that I can't do it (two other stories and couldn't handle a 3rd one).

What are your rules for cheating? Obviously no age cheating as it's vital to the challenge. I assume no skill cheating either. But, what about motherlode, making sims happy (mailbox), and other things?

If I had decided to play, I'd create Donna to be his first companion. <3 She'd be Dr Donna. Hehe

I'm still working on the rules, but so far no cheating whatsover except for cas.fulleditmode. However, you can take these as guidelines; you can "cheat" to craft a narrative out of it.

rosLdn2.gif
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh, David Tennant!! - *swoons*

OH, and I figured, but I just thought I'd ask in case others will be interested as well. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Hehe, doctor who fan here!

*waves*

This challenge looks so fun!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    So I updated the rules on Companions. I tested it out last night, and it was a drag to have both Time Lord and Companion have the same Aspiration. The Companion's main function now is to assist and support the Time Lord.
    Scoring has been added!
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    How do you keep track of the number of whims completed? Is there something in the sim stats or do you have to keep count on your own?
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
    edited March 2015
    chococat9 wrote: »
    How do you keep track of the number of whims completed? Is there something in the sim stats or do you have to keep count on your own?

There is a stat called Total Whims Completed under the Goals section.

pd0dnsg.png?1
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    edited March 2015
    Major rule change. I've restricted the age on this challenge to Adult.

In my playtest, when switching from Elder to Adult in CAS, all my reward traits were deleted. After testing further and further, any change of age in CAS.fulleditmode will delete any reward traits. So if you want to roleplay as an older Time Lord, you can color their gray.

Changing genders did not affect the purchased traits. Just make sure that the ages do not switch in CAS.fulleditmode.

Regeneration_4-5.gif
    edited March 2015
    Hey everyone, let me know if you are trying out this challenge and feel free to drop some links, screenshots and stories. I'm at my second playtest right now and will share some stories once I'm done with it.

I also changed the narrative into this:
    The planet Gallifrey, the beautiful world that you have lived and breathed in, is being destroyed. As the world crumbles and disintegrates around you, a blinding light whisks you away. You wake up in a strange land, in a different time, in an unknown epoch. This new world is unusually bright and obviously pixelized.
  • NaralynnNaralynn Posts: 60 Member
    This is so interesting and seems so intense! I want to do this but don't think I'd be very good at story telling part since I don't know much about DW :( ... Bookmarking for the future!
    Naralynn wrote: »
    This is so interesting and seems so intense! I want to do this but don't think I'd be very good at story telling part since I don't know much about DW :( ... Bookmarking for the future!

No need to know about DW. The challenge can be independent of DW. You can tell a story of a Time Lord getting his memories wiped and ignorant of what happens to The Doctor.

And since it is in The Sims, this Time Lord can do whatever he or she or it wants. Think of them as aliens that just so happens to change personalities when their time come, sort of Jekyll and Hyde with ten more other personalities.

My current playtest is ignoring DW lore except for the regeneration stuff.
  • kittydorkdorkkittydorkdork Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing this since day 1 when you posted it on Reddit (or maybe it was day 2). This has been my favorite challenge EVER. I'm on my 2nd Time Lord. I've finished 1 aspiration for each regeneration so far and then I realized that maybe we're supposed to finish every aspiration in each category?

For example my first aspiration was Athletic, there is just Bodybuilder under that.

I just finished Painter Extraordinaire under Creativity. Is that fine or do I have to do Bestselling Author and Musical Genius as well?
    edited March 2015
    I've been playing this since day 1 when you posted it on Reddit (or maybe it was day 2). This has been my favorite challenge EVER. I'm on my 2nd Time Lord. I've finished 1 aspiration for each regeneration so far and then I realized that maybe we're supposed to finish every aspiration in each category?

For example my first aspiration was Athletic, there is just Bodybuilder under that.

I just finished Painter Extraordinaire under Creativity. Is that fine or do I have to do Bestselling Author and Musical Genius as well?

You can pick any aspirations, and there's no restrictions to it so go crazy! :smiley:

Also, do note that I've restricted the age to Adult. I found out on my first test that switching from Elder to Adult would wipe out all of your reward traits. I had to end my first Time Lord prematurely. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, you can color their hair white and add some creases under Skin Details.
  • kittydorkdorkkittydorkdork Posts: 2 New Member
    > @nastyjman said:

>
    > Also, do note that I've restricted the age to Adult. I found out on my first test that switching from Elder to Adult would wipe out all of your >reward traits. I had to end my first Time Lord prematurely. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, you can color their hair white and add some >creases under Skin Details.

Ah yes, I discovered that you updated your rules with that with my Sim's last ~12 hours left as Adult. I had just spent all my reward points so I had to power through a ton of whims in order to buy a youth potion lol I also had to move them from a 20x30 lot to 50x50 because I didn't see that rule before.

So yeah. This is the funnest challenge I've ever done, thanks for posting it! I'll be hitting my third regeneration soon!
    > @nastyjman said:

>
    > Also, do note that I've restricted the age to Adult. I found out on my first test that switching from Elder to Adult would wipe out all of your >reward traits. I had to end my first Time Lord prematurely. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, you can color their hair white and add some >creases under Skin Details.

Ah yes, I discovered that you updated your rules with that with my Sim's last ~12 hours left as Adult. I had just spent all my reward points so I had to power through a ton of whims in order to buy a youth potion lol I also had to move them from a 20x30 lot to 50x50 because I didn't see that rule before.

So yeah. This is the funnest challenge I've ever done, thanks for posting it! I'll be hitting my third regeneration soon!

Sweet! I'm also having fun with it as well. I'm on my Third regeneration.

Also, here's a link to the first episode of The Optimist! http://sims4timelordchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-optimist-1st-generation-episode-1.html
  • pinkkittyrokzpinkkittyrokz Posts: 1,192 Member
    This is a such a great challenge idea. I'm definitely going to start one. I love Doctor Who!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I'M GAME! I think I'll also do random everything - just a few clicks of the dice and I'll pick the coolest looking sim. ALSO, I think I'll keep a tattoo through all the faces - Corsair style. Maybe switch genders once? This has me all excited!!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Megg87 wrote: »
    I'M GAME! I think I'll also do random everything - just a few clicks of the dice and I'll pick the coolest looking sim. ALSO, I think I'll keep a tattoo through all the faces - Corsair style. Maybe switch genders once? This has me all excited!!!

Go crazy! :D And that's a cool idea regarding tattoos.

TIP (if you don't know already): When you randomize their look, click the arrow next to the dice. That arrow will show what you can uncheck in regards to look. You can disable clothes, body type, etc, when you click Randomize.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Megg87 wrote: »

Go crazy! :D And that's a cool idea regarding tattoos.

TIP (if you don't know already): When you randomize their look, click the arrow next to the dice. That arrow will show what you can uncheck in regards to look. You can disable clothes, body type, etc, when you click Randomize.
    Yep, my favorite tool when I'm too lazy to pick outfits, haha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    This looks fun... But what about the Family Aspirations?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
    edited March 2015
    This looks fun... But what about the Family Aspirations?

Yey! I took out the family aspirations from the aspiration pool. It is impossible to achieve within 20 days of a Sim's lifespan.
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Just wanted to share @kittydorkdork Time Lady!

p9rHwYk.png

Caption reads: "My Time Lord flirting with death. From the toilet."

Original link: http://imgur.com/p9rHwYk
    Hehe, wanted to share mine as well. This is the Third Optimist with his lover Alexander Goth, exploring an uninhabited planet called Sylvan Glade.

Jb59NWU.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top