Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• Options
    Night_Rain0964Night_Rain0964 Posts: 9 New Member
    Great pictures Tanu,I was able to see them! The site seems to logg me in with my Sims 4 username instead of my Sims 3 user name when I visit the forums.I look forward to seeing more updates on these stories :D
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you were able to replace the pictures and that they show up now @Tanu. :) I hope that you continue to enjoy doing the Legacy and I will look forward to seeing the next update. :)

Thanks Rose. I'm happy I could put them back in too as they really do add a lot to the story. I am really having fun with this legacy and this family. I need to get in game and get the next set of pictures. I already have a few ideas of where I would like Jaspers part of the story to go but we shall see if he decides differently lol. <3

• Options
    Great pictures Tanu,I was able to see them! The site seems to logg me in with my Sims 4 username instead of my Sims 3 user name when I visit the forums.I look forward to seeing more updates on these stories :D

Lol Just me being silly I knew it was you just didn't dawn on me until after I posted and went back to the other page. :p I'm happy you enjoyed them. I know Addy is working on her story too so updates shouldn't be too long.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay Tanu! I am so glad you were able to get the pictures back in. I am curious to see how his generation plays out.

Also, if everyone would like the "new member" posts, Night Rain could become a member sooner. I also went to her page to like the comments there. :smiley:
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi ladies! :) Thought I might get lucky and be able to see your updated stories, but I have been slowed down with my internet (went over data) oops! :P So I am going to have to wait until Thursday to catch up on both stories and see all the pictures again! :)

p.s. The pictures not loading is purely my end and nothing to do with the thread. :) I can't wait to see them. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Night_Rain0964Night_Rain0964 Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you so much Ciane that is so kind of you to do that for me <3 I'm not playing Sims 4 very often lately but a family member of mine is playing my game nearly every weekend.I may buy them their own Sims 4 for their birthday coming up next month.I'll be back soon to see the next updates. :)
  • Options
    Giving this a quick bump and happy my pictures are still here :p
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello Tanu, Addy and everyone :) Happy simming! It is good that you were able to get your photos back into the posts Tanu and that they are staying there.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Three ~ Jasper Makes a Decision

*The only trait I've chosen myself for Jasper is Natural Cook since he needs to get to the top of the Culinary Career. The game has had some fun with me choosing the other four traits but they are ones I wouldn't necessarily put together myself so I'm finding he's a very fun sim to play. The other four traits are ~ Clumsy, Brooding, Insane, and Commitment Issues.
    The Commitment Issues one actually helps me in this since he needs three children as a single father and they all need to be half siblings to each other. So as Jasper turns into a young adult I'm looking forward to where his story takes me and as a result takes you! :) *

Jasper and Hannah were outside playing Gnubb. As Hannah's skills at magic got better they were joined out in the yard by various gnomes that seemed to have minds of their own.

14uulb8.jpg

Hannah told him that he looked different to her. "What do you mean different?" He asked as he knocked over another gnubb.

2w4ckjq.jpg

"I don't know..." Hannah began just as Jasper felt the now familiar tingle starting in his toes. "Jasper your growing up!" Hannah laughed and smiled.

n4e97n.jpg

Jasper stretched out his arms and flexed his fingers as if checking to see if they still worked the same way. Hannah ran over and hugged him.
    "I need to get used to hugging you taller!" She said with a giggle.

For the next few days Jasper tried to get better at his spells. But that wasn't where his true passion was.

7bxx.jpg

So he went to the only person he trusted in the whole world.

"Hannah I want to become a chef but I have no clue where to get started." She smiled and told him that only he limited himself. She said he could do anything he wanted too. "Well isn't that cliché!" He said. "Maybe so but it's true!" she said placing a kiss on his cheek.

vyp4xc.jpg

Jasper made the decision to bring it up to Rorie that evening after the dinner plates were clear.
    "Mom, I want to go to University to study the Culinary Arts."
    Rorie hesitated. "Jasper you know I would love to send you now that your out of high school but that doesn't change the situation around here. We have very little money. I haven't even been able to get more furniture for the house. I can't send you to college." She paused. "Besides I'm always working and Hannah needs to be cared for."

Jasper glanced at Hannah and then back at his mother. "In case you haven't noticed Hannah can take care of herself now. And she knows that if she needs me I'm here for her. But I'm not going to work at some second rate job that I can never get anywhere at just to make you feel better. Besides, If I'm a chef I'll make more money and then I can help you. But only when you truly need it. Look Mom, I know you've worked hard for us. I truly know that. But it's not your decision anymore. I'm an adult. You're Hannah's mother and it's time you took care of her. I'm going and that's all there is to it!"

Rorie looked at her son surprised by his firmness. "You can't go. I can't afford it. End of discussion."

Jasper stood up and placed both hands on the table. "I am going. Grandpa and Grandma Wei are paying my way. I'll be part of Gramps fraternity. I take my placements tomorrow then I will be leaving for the start of the semester. Now it's the end of this discussion!" He slapped the table with his hands making Rorie jump and left the kitchen.

i5c6fr.jpg

That night he returned to his old bed and studied the second hand cooking books he had.

wv62rp.jpg

While Hannah told her Mom that as soon as she could she was going to medical school.

2hwguuw.jpg

Jasper got up fresh the next morning to take the placement test. He hoped he did well enough to get into the culinary program.

wwk8jm.jpg

10n85fk.jpg

A few days later Rorie was watching her only son leave. She wasn't sure that once he left he'd ever come back home.

1i0rk4.jpg

Rorie knew it was silly but she felt almost as if Jasper had abandoned her. She hadn't realized how tightly she had been hanging on to him to try somehow to hang onto part of Wei. Even Hannah couldn't make her feel better.

2qvtwug.jpg

Wei was around her the next few days to make sure she was ok. She thought she felt him but couldn't see or hear him.

s4ust0.jpg

Rorie knew she had made mistakes bringing up Jasper. All she could do now is pray that her son had a good enough foundation to make it by himself at University. And pray harder that he would come back home so she could mend their relationship.
  • Options
    @tanubanue‌, I am so happy to see that you had the time (and desire) to play your legacy family. I love the pictures. Great job on the story telling! I like that Jasper tried to talk reasonably with his mother about his decision. It is hard for a mom to accept her son is now an adult and she is no longer in charge or responsible for him. I also love the way that story doesn't just revolve around the heir, but that we get to see and know everyone.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @tanubanue‌, I am so happy to see that you had the time (and desire) to play your legacy family. I love the pictures. Great job on the story telling! I like that Jasper tried to talk reasonably with his mother about his decision. It is hard for a mom to accept her son is now an adult and she is no longer in charge or responsible for him. I also love the way that story doesn't just revolve around the heir, but that we get to see and know everyone.

Thanks Ciane :) I try to focus on the heir but also keep the others into it too. It is very hard to watch your kids grow and become independent, lol (Speaking from experience here :o ) Juliana will be 21 on the 1st already and all I did was blink!

The faces he made while taking the college entrance tests were so funny! He has the best facial expressions I've seen in awhile! :p
  • Options
    It is great to see pictures of and read the update of what has been happening in your Legacy story Tanu :) I hope that Jasper does return to his home after uni studies and that his relationship with his mother can improve. It is nice how Jasper and Hannah has such a great sibling relationship. It looks great how you have captured the looks on the sims face, and your accompanying descriptions of what has happened is written so well! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great to see pictures of and read the update of what has been happening in your Legacy story Tanu :) I hope that Jasper does return to his home after uni studies and that his relationship with his mother can improve. It is nice how Jasper and Hannah has such a great sibling relationship. It looks great how you have captured the looks on the sims face, and your accompanying descriptions of what has happened is written so well! :)

Thank you so much Rose! <3

• Options
    Tanu's Game ~ Generation Three ~ Jasper's University Years

Jasper arrived at University pretty much the same time as the other members of the fraternity. Most had been 'let in' by having had a previous family member be a part of the fraternity.

Jasper really didn't get why everyone gave him weird looks. He had gotten tired on the flight and decided to change into his night wear. It was comfy so why change?

run1jm.jpg

The first thing he did was check out his new room. It was pretty drab but it would do. He didn't want to spend the money to fix it up. The small amount of 'allowance' his Grandparents sent him was already marked to impress the fairer sex.

299bwi.jpg

1z4hhti.jpg

The first night his fraternity brothers threw what they considered a party. However, Jasper didn't feel you could have a real party without inviting a few ladies over.

11jw58m.jpg

He could already tell his fraternity brothers were content to party together and no one else saw his point of view. So he grabbed a juice....

a0ao7a.jpg

...then headed off to the campus area in search for some beauties to 'get to know' better. He was impressed. All the guys seemed to be at various parties and the ladies, well a good share of them, were hanging out here. A slow smile spread across his face. University wasn't going to be all studying after all.

j6k3mw.jpg

2n9x8y0.jpg

27wsyhi.jpg

Oh look! There goes some more!

15ckoky.jpg
  • Options
    I love his outlook. University should be a really good time for him.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Goodness. Real life sure has a way of tapping one's shoulder and pulling one away from the computer. I have been able to sneak in a little playing here & there, but my story fairy must have paid more attention to my calendar than I did and took a vacation **chuckles**

Things have settled down a little bit and I managed to cobble together a couple of story updates, but I think my fairy either extended her trip or got distracted on the flight back, so apologies in advance for these light offerings.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    Happy Love Day!

The Snyder family celebrates by spending time at the festival.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Addy's game:
    Time to relax because the Snyder family wishes all a Happy Leisure Day!
    It is also Zach & Nichol’s Wedding Anniversary :D

Let’s dance and have some fun. What an enjoyable way to start the day…

• Options
    Kids grow up on us so fast don't they? :p
  • Options
    The kids both turned out very nicely! Such great genetics! Sorry I took so long coming over. I have been busy, busy, busy the last few days myself... delivering meals, feeding high schoolers lunch, raking and weeding when it's nice out, etc. And playing the nickel sim slots (ads)! I love that they will have a green house for year round produce. It's a great idea. And yay, for retirement. Another grandbaby coming soon too! Great story. I await the next chapters.
  • Options
    Your story updates are great! :) It is nice seeing how their lives are going. The greenhouse is very nice! It is nice that you have new family greeting photos to place on the walls of the home. The kitchen did look a bit messy after making the fish and chips! Reiley and Rosie are very nice teenagers! Happy birthday to them both! It is nice that Nikki is expecting a little child.
    I will look forward to seeing the next update :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @Tanu, @ciane and @rosemow‌ :D

I agree! This family is filled with plenty of good genes ~ they are fun to play and I admit that these are some of the prettiest Sims I have ever had born in my game. I am definitely saving each in a special place so that they are available for future games :) Contemplating uploading the heirs to the Exchange and possibly their siblings.

I love the way this greenhouse turned out! Winter is coming so it will be nice to see if I built it correctly. I sure hope so. Not quite sure how I want to handle the trees as growing them inside seems a bit "cheaty" but I do like them having year-round produce. Shall have to ponder this a bit more.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Addy's game:

Story Progression Update (Saturday after Leisure Day):
    *Nikki gave birth to a daughter! Bobby has a baby sister!
    Welcome to the family, Lynda Snyder-Parrott!!!
    **RIP Hannah Jones (Jeremey’s mom)

With a new baby at home, Bobby needs a little break from the wails and shrieks.
    Cousin Reiley understands the need for peace & quiet and invites his cousin over for the day…