Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The March Patch

Comments

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    lets hope the march patch includes dishwashers and workable washers and dryers

I don't want some things "patched" in to my game. I don't want laundry. And I'm not missing the dishwashers either.

But you don't have to have a washing machine or a dishwasher in your game if you don't want it, it's just there and you can use it if you want to. I don't particularly enjoy playing elders, or ghosts, but I appreciate it's there and I appreciate that it's important to millions of players out there.

Not everything that every simmer wants is going to be "patched" in. Laundry wasn't "patched in" in prior series, so sometimes I think patch expectations are ridiculous.

But dishwashers were always a staple in the game, even in TS1.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I don't want some things "patched" in to my game. I don't want laundry. And I'm not missing the dishwashers either.

But you don't have to have a washing machine or a dishwasher in your game if you don't want it, it's just there and you can use it if you want to. I don't particularly enjoy playing elders, or ghosts, but I appreciate it's there and I appreciate that it's important to millions of players out there.

Not everything that every simmer wants is going to be "patched" in. Laundry wasn't "patched in" in prior series, so sometimes I think patch expectations are ridiculous.

Washing dishes in the sink doesn't take much more time. I don't see the big deal about it.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

Washing dishes in the sink doesn't take much more time. I don't see the big deal about it.

That's fine. And you are right, things can't always get patched in. I just don't understand why you would actively root against your fellow simmers, it is perfectly reasonable for them to want something in a game. I didn't think we were ever going to get pools patched in, but the fellow simmers asked for it and the gurus delivered. You don't have to support them, but to then root against them?

That's fine. And you are right, things can't always get patched in. I just don't understand why you would actively root against your fellow simmers, it is perfectly reasonable for them to want something in a game. I didn't think we were ever going to get pools patched in, but the fellow simmers asked for it and the gurus delivered. You don't have to support them, but to then root against them?

I'm just being realistic here. And I don't think it was simmers that got the pools and ghosts patched in. I think those were in the works already and that's why they made the announcement about those patches in advance.

I support simmers who want toddlers. I think those need to come back because of how the game flows.

There's things I support, and things I don't. And I don't support people who want everything from every expansion of every series to be patched in in this one.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I'm not expecting too much for the March patch it will more likely be a foundation to the EP, so here's the things i think that have a change to be added, the order is from possible to optimist:
    -Take photos with the cellphone?
    -Maybe lock doors?
    -Maybe a burglar and services NPCs?
    -Incest bug fix?
    -Maybe story progression?
    -Maybe carpools?

Agreed to all that exept more bug fixes other than that one xD also real estate basements and toddlers :)

Toddlers are pretty impossible to get next month XD. I was actualy thinking something, that they might want to show toddlers at the E3 maybe? lol.

Excuse me how are they impossible? Do you work at Maxis to know if toodlers are made and ready to launch or not?

Yes, i do. SimGuruXopax here. ;)

tenor.gif
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm betting all we're getting in March are the two new hairstyles as the free feature and a handful of bug fixes.

I find it hilarious that some people actually think that we're gonna get something big like toddlers and Story Progression in next month's update. There's being optimistic, and then there's that.

Well every month we have had something "big".

Oct - Ghosts, StarWars Content.
    Nov - Pools, Pool Content.
    Dec - Careers (including 26 new objects, new outfits etc), Holiday stuff (20 new objects, new CAS stuff).
    Jan - Mostly big bug fixes, and new Lot Type (smaller due to OR)
    Feb - Family Trees and Valentines Day stuff.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect something big, considering Family Trees for example, was done after a fan asked a Guru who said "They forgot to include them, and they'll look into it". They have said the same about lots of other "big things" (most recently Basements). They have also hinted about other things like Locking Doors/Bed Assignment. And more cryptically that a World Tool is in the works.

You talk as if the biggest thing we've got in a Patch was a Gnome. We have actually got a lot of requested content in the last 5 patches.
    Where/when did they hinted at world tool!?
    tenor.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Wait if March 31st is the US release date for the game then wouldn't the patch be closer to the release date as opposed to early in the month?
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Wait if March 31st is the US release date for the game then wouldn't the patch be closer to the release date as opposed to early in the month?

No since patches usually come out in the beginning of the month however we may not get a patch in April unless it's an emergency patch.

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Just give me Bunkbeds, Lockable Doors a Colorwheel and Less Bugs :o

fTKrrRS.gif
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    They confirmed the March patch even before we had the results of the challenge, so there is probably something else than just the gnome. Also, every month up to now has added something new rather than just bug fixes and a gnome:

Sep 2014 - Base Game
    Oct 2014 - Ghosts
    Nov 2014 - Pools
    Dec 2014 - Two careers, Move objects, Christmas content
    Jan 2015 - Outdoor Retreat
    Feb 2015 - Family Tree, Valentine's Day stuff, Mac version
    Mar 2015 - ????
    Apr 2015 - Get to Work
    Yeah, like two new hairstyles from the woohoo weekend challenge. They did say that they may include those in March's patch, if we Simmer hit the 5 million woohoos that weekend. And we have, plus another 700 K on top of the 5 mill. So not only will we be getting a gnome, but two new hairstyles as well in March's patch. :)

sunman502 wrote: »
    They confirmed the March patch even before we had the results of the challenge, so there is probably something else than just the gnome. Also, every month up to now has added something new rather than just bug fixes and a gnome:

Sep 2014 - Base Game
    Oct 2014 - Ghosts
    Nov 2014 - Pools
    Mar 2015 - ????
    Apr 2015 - Get to Work
    Yeah, like two new hairstyles from the woohoo weekend challenge. They did say that they may include those in March's patch, if we Simmer hit the 5 million woohoos that weekend. And we have, plus another 700 K on top of the 5 mill. So not only will we be getting a gnome, but two new hairstyles as well in March's patch. :)

They did NOT say the 2 hairstyles will come in the March patch.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Cars please even if they just get in them and disappear I hate when SIms just disappear. Doesn't seem natural.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My list of wishes seems to keep growing :blush: :

1) Smarter Sims
    2) Incest glitch squished
    3) Pathfinding issues fixed
    4) Stretchy arm homework glitch fixed
    5) Cupcake machine crash game glitch fixed
    6) Toddlers but I don't expect them in this patch
    7) Non-object babies
    8) Ability to change the color of the UI
    9) Work and school requirements removed
    10) Ability to change lot sizes and CAW
    11) Dishwashers
    12) Basements
    13) Terrain and water tools
    14) Being able to stock fridge
    15) Fish not going bad while in the fish bowl
    16) Musical chairs fixed
    17) Land line telephones and newpapers
    18) More NPCs
    19) Better looking neighborhood view
    20) Colorful loading screens
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Basements does make sense -- we got basements in Sims 3 with the patch for WA which was the first EP. Even if it's just single level basements it would be a big help especially on smaller lots. The only issue would be if they could work with foundations.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I hope so, because I want to see the two new hairstyles. And I want the new gnome from the woohoo weekend challenge. :)

@simguruBchick said the hairstyles would take longer because they are being specially made for the win.
    When did she say that fullspiral? :\

Something else I'd like to see is the ability to move sims with moveobjects on for posing purposes. And speaking of poses maybe the patch could let us hang those selfies on the wall instead of us having to wait to get to work comes out.
    I hope so, because I want to see the two new hairstyles. And I want the new gnome from the woohoo weekend challenge. :)

@simguruBchick said the hairstyles would take longer because they are being specially made for the win.
    I believe she said it last week in the guru thread but she did say that.

Sep 2014 - Base Game
    Oct 2014 - Ghosts
    Nov 2014 - Pools
    Mar 2015 - ????
    Apr 2015 - Get to Work

They said that they may include some new hairstyles in March's patch if we Simmer can reach the goal of 5 million woohoos by the end of the challenge. They said this right before the challenge had even begun. :)

I'm not going to go digging, but she said it just recently after the totals of the woohoo challenge came in.

Sep 2014 - Base Game
    Oct 2014 - Ghosts
    Nov 2014 - Pools
    Mar 2015 - ????
    Apr 2015 - Get to Work

They said that they may include some new hairstyles in March's patch if we Simmer can reach the goal of 5 million woohoos by the end of the challenge. They said this right before the challenge had even begun. :)
    Afterwards is when she said they may be late because their specially making them. I'll find it.
    edited February 2015
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick
    SIMGURU
    February 20
    Lol, you found the proof picture. I've been having tech issues all morning and couldn't upload to the forum. You can read the full story here. The special gnome will be coming in a patch in March. The two hairstyles may be coming a little later as they are getting made specially.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815260/woohoo-weekend-challenge/p28
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that there is no patch next week. There will be a patch in March but I can't confirm the date yet.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that there is no patch next week. There will be a patch in March but I can't confirm the date yet.

Ahh that's too bad but thanks for letting us know. I may need to update my title.

• howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I said this before but, I think it might have something to do with St. Patrick's Day, new hairs, new gnome and probably a new feature. St. Patrick's Day is March 17th, a Tuesday and 3 weeks before GTW comes out, so we'll see. :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I'm sure the only new content we would be getting is that ugly gnome and the 2 mystery hairstyles we got after completing that silly WooHoo challenge.

Simguru b chick said the hair is coming later because it s being specially made. I hope we get more then a gnome. We really need door locks.
    The ability to lock doors may be too hard for them to do.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I think they said they were looking into it, so hopefully it will be coming soon, in April if not in March.