Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Heya, UK here or, Scotland specifically.

Played this series since shortly after the launch of TS, just TS, as in TS1 but it didn't have a numeral back then, skipped out a bit during TS2 due to work commitments but, not been working in a while so spent way to much time on both TS3 and now to some degree TS4, not to mention way way to much time here on the forums, I mostly go unnoticed although a few in the community hate me and a couple like me.

I try to keep up to date with what's going on but, I'm mostly just here to read about the game now, where its going and to speak to a couple of friends I enjoy the company of who still enjoy mine.

My background is mostly bad sales jobs but I did spend time originally in industrial trade, fabrication, fitting and finally draughting, the place I was working was about six months into converting to CAD when the company had to go into receivership so, was mostly in bad sales jobs after although I did spend a couple of years at college getting a couple of sheets of nice toilet paper with the words computing something or other printed on it.

I've always had a bit of a passion for design despite not being talented at it, be it clothing, architecture, even the boring stuff I used to work on like ship outfitting and warehouse racking systems, everything had to be just so and, I guess something appeals to me in that, I think its why I have a love for sims stuff, even in its more basic iterations, I'm one of the lucky people that does get a good amount of pleasure from all areas of the game, family life, building, creating personalities while its also true I have my frustrations I'll leave complaints out of this post.

I guess that pretty much covers the gist of it, idk.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello @kimjo313 :) It is great that you have been enjoying playing sims since Sims 1. It turned out great that although your son decided to not continue playing it, that you started playing and have enjoyed playing since. The dogs in your avi are very nice! It is a special and nice avi picture.
    Conitinue to have fun simming, playing, creating and building! :)
    Hello @bobyo2001 :) Sims 2 and 3 are great sims games. You would have enjoyed many fun simming days since starting playing in 2007. It is great that a relative introduced you to the series, and that you have been enjoying simming.
    Hello @LaAbby :) It is great that you start simming in 2013 and are enjoying playing it. Although you may not play it as often now as you did, it is nice that the game is there for you to enjoy playing whenever you would like to. You can play whenever you feel like simming.
    Hello @cheesetruck :) I am sorry to hear that you suffer from depression. Sending special thoughts to you. It is good that simming has helped you as you cope with your health issues. It is great that you have the sims 2 ultimate collection, all the sims 3 EPs, and sims 4 and outdoors retreat. You would enjoy playing the different versions of the games and all the great features of each of the games. I am excited about the upcoming careers too! It will be fun having and watching our sims in their new careers!
    Happy simming! :)
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    My turn. Started playing Sims with the first in the series, and have played on and off for the last decade and a half, time permitting. Mainly I read here, and post now and then. I've been meaning to play TS4 for a while, but things always tend to crop up, so.

Personally, I have a history in medical/technical science. In my free time, I love to read and have a penchant for Byronic heroes. Love love love reading gothic literature, as well as other styles from that point in time. They seem to have depth that modern books lack. I also keep fish, as well as playing guitar and watercolour painting.
    Hello @Badmagic :) It is great that you enjoy design in real life, and that you have been able to carry that over into when playing sims. There are many different areas of simming, from playing, to creating sims, to families and then building. It is great that you enjoy all the different areas of it.
    Continue to enjoy simming :)
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Hello everyone. :)

I started playing The Sims in 2001, since then I have played 2, 3 and now 4.

I find the forums and fellow simmers to be extremely helpful, I've learnt so much about a game I really enjoy.
    edited February 2015
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Rosemow, that you for this wonderful thread, It has been a welcome change.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    *waves* Hey all/Rose.
    About me? *twiddles thumbs*

amblFEv.pngaAQQamI.pngBgfET73.pngj3Y8Qta.png

I've been simming forever and it seems like It'll stay that way (unless God forbid I get a dreaded social life). The most fun I've ever had with an expansion pack was with Open for Business and my least useful expansion pack has been... livin' large (I was like 13 so. . .). I'm into youtubing atm, and I'm also addicted to Simpsons Tapped out (I finally get the farmville thing. Must. Keep. Tapping!)

Anywhoos. I'm not very interesting (no extra limbs or super powers) but Rose is awesome and I'm always down for hello.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Aloha!

I’m N7 Muscles guy aka Crackseed aka “Let’s stay on the other side of the bus for now kids that man is way too happy…”

I’ve been “simming” since before the Sims were even a thing. Sim Earth and Sim Ant were some of the earliest Maxis products I consumed and went hog wild over. While the Sims for me tends to be a more diversionary title, I play it quite often when I want to just unwind and feel like a benevolent (or malicious) puppet master making my pixel creations dance for their overlord.

As a gamer, I tend to embrace a plethora of titles from quite a few genres. I would say RPGs are probably my crème de la crème right now but Shooters, RTS (Real Time Strategy) and Indie titles are all fair game.

In the Sims itself, I tend to focus on one family and I’m not really a Legacy player, preferring instead to just kind of let my Sims lives run themselves here and there with guidance from me. Collections, job and skill mastery and engineering silly situations are my forte.

Outside of my gaming love, I still actively collect LEGO to this day and work with a local club here in Hawaii to promote both creative thinking and simply enjoy the awesome that is LEGO MOC (My Own Creation) activities. Rollerblading, Avid movie goer and NERF pest to my friends and enemies.

Lastly – while I understand any forum is a melting pot of ideas and even conflicting viewpoints, diplomacy is always my end goal in the hopes of having good discussion.

Good natured flirting never hurts either though. Giggity.

Pleasure to meet you @rosemow and reconnect with the others here who I do know ;)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi all!
    I'm Arubiana, I've been a simmer since TS1. I recently started a YT Sims Let's Play channel http://youtube.com/rubysimsfatale.
    So far, I have a series about Eliza Pancakes, and am developing a series based on Sterling from my WooHoo challenge video.

I love pushing my sims buttons and watching their reactions.

I used to work in advertising, and love creating off beat things.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    "Evalen;13350276"]Rosemow, that you for this wonderful thread, It has been a welcome change.

rosemow brings happiness where ever she is!

kim :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Hi! I have been playing the sims since the sims 1 release. I never came to the forums until right before sims 4 was released. I'm a single mom, in college for criminal justice. I also work. So my days are always super busy, but i still manage to find time to play. My favorite sims game is still sims 2
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited February 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm not here to make friends and influence people. I'm here because I love the sims. Who I am and what I do irl is irrelevant to this game. For me, personally, I don't come here to get to know anyone. I come to talk about the game.
    I'm kind of with you. This community is just too toxic.... but for me, there are a handful of nice fun Simmers out there that makes these forums bearable. o:)<3
    Post edited by EasyToRead on
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hi all!
    I'm Arubiana, I've been a simmer since TS1. I recently started a YT Sims Let's Play channel http://youtube.com/rubysimsfatale.
    So far, I have a series about Eliza Pancakes, and am developing a series based on Sterling from my WooHoo challenge video.

Oh yes. You've got me hooked on the Eliza series.
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks so much for watching. Right now I'm on a brief hiatus to save more of the story for closer to Get to Work's release and to give me more time to get Sterling's series up and running. :).
    Hi all!

Oh yes. You've got me hooked on the Eliza series.

Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Aloha!

I’m N7 Muscles guy aka Crackseed aka “Let’s stay on the other side of the bus for now kids that man is way too happy…”

I’ve been “simming” since before the Sims were even a thing. Sim Earth and Sim Ant were some of the earliest Maxis products I consumed and went hog wild over. While the Sims for me tends to be a more diversionary title, I play it quite often when I want to just unwind and feel like a benevolent (or malicious) puppet master making my pixel creations dance for their overlord.

Sim Ant!
    I remember that! Loved that game. Although as a kid I think it may have influenced my fear of spiders. I was afraid one of those things would start shooting lasers like the one that massacred my poor ant.

I still have Sim Ant somewhere along with Sim Island and Sim Tower.

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top