Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top Finder Bar Showing

Occasionally, like when I have my curser at the top of the screen, it will show the finder bar, and will make the game look like it's in windowed mode.
I am using no mods and I have selected full screen.

8he8PRz.png

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    That's normal, open iTunes in full screen and hover your cursor near the top.
    apple-signature.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Totally normal!

even all windows do that
    game windows
    safari
    iTunes
    when you maximize windows and draw your cursor to the top Finder comes out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Is there a way to turn off this feature? Thanks. :)
    ... None that I know of, I just flipped through System Preferences and Finder Preferences I see nothing about the bar... I suggest you try getting use to keeping your cursor from the top edge. sorry.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It's funny. When I run Sims 3 full window, it only does that if I keep the cursor at the top.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    I never noticed that while playing TS3, must be a new OSX update.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    AndyBrains wrote: »

It's the game settings. It's not there on TS3. TS3 and TS4 are completely different.
    apple-signature.png
    AndyBrains wrote: »

It's the game settings. It's not there on TS3. TS3 and TS4 are completely different.

Dumb question warning!
    Ok but where in the setting, I can't seem to find it. I only see fullscreen and windowed, nothing regarding the bar at the top.
    Thanks.
  • ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    As a fellow OS X/iOS developer, I can say that this is just an annoying developer oversight. While the default behavior is that fullscreen applications show the menu bar when the mouse is near the top of the screen... this behavior can be overridden/disabled.

Look at other native OS X games, they do not have this behavior. I'm sure EA/Maxis will patch this in the near future, but I agree it should be brought to their attention.
    ErikTheRod wrote: »
    As a fellow OS X/iOS developer, I can say that this is just an annoying developer oversight. While the default behavior is that fullscreen applications show the menu bar when the mouse is near the top of the screen... this behavior can be overridden/disabled.

Look at other native OS X games, they do not have this behavior. I'm sure EA/Maxis will patch this in the near future, but I agree it should be brought to their attention.
    as long as they don't take the ability away to switch windows while playing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You should still be able to use Control + Tab to switch back to your desktop and then switch back. Sometimes it doesn't work and you just have to restart again. :(
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    ErikTheRod wrote: »

That's what I thought, I never remember any of my other games having this issue. :)