Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transfer Saved Game From PC?

Is it possible for me to transfer the current family I've been playing over to my Mac version of the game? If so, how would I do that? If I have to restart the family I suppose that's alright, but first I'd like to try to resume the family I've been playing since September on my PC.

Comments

• eightsixteendeightsixteend Posts: 62 Member
    I found this on the thesims.com/mac

"Though The Sims 4 doesn’t support Origin cloud storage, transferring your save files between the PC and Mac versions of the game is easy. All you need to do is copy the saves directory from one computer to another using a USB drive or any other portable storage device.

1. On your PC, first open My Computer and navigate to the Documents folder. From there, go to Electronic Arts, then The Sims 4 folder.

2. Locate and copy the entire ‘saves’ folder from The Sims 4 folder onto a flash drive.

3. Plug the flash drive into your Mac.

4. On your Mac, open Finder, go to Documents, then Electronic Arts. Inside is folder for The Sims 4 folder.

5. Copy and paste the ‘saves’ folder from the flash drive to the ‘The Sims 4’ folder on your Mac. NOTE: If an existing ‘saves’ folder is already in The Sims 4 folder, please delete or rename it. If necessary, renaming an existing ‘saves’ folder on your Mac will allow you to keep it for later use.

6. Once complete, open The Sims 4 on your Mac and your save files will be ready to load!"
  • carby84carby84 Posts: 86 Member
    That worked perfectly. Thank you!