Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 Mac Requirements

hi i have been trying to find the Sims4 Mac requirements page, and have had no luck, so I'm sorry I'm posting one again!
the Mac version is coming out this tuesday (can't wait) and being rubbish with tech requirements i just wanted to ask anyone who is tech savy if my mac will run the game well

i have a OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

it is a retina 13 inch late 2013

processor - 2.4 GHz intel core i5

memory - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - intel iris 1536 MB

i hope i have put the right details in and I'm sorry again for posting a thread that has probably been posted a thousand times already!!

Comments

• DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    http://simsvip.com/2015/01/30/the-sims-4-for-mac-minimum-system-requirements/

From what I can see, your computer should run it absolutely fine. I'm hoping against hope my 1.8GHz processor will let me play the game - somewhat doubt it though :smiley:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2015
    yup you're good!
    only 3 more days :s
    I just checked my game order and it just left Tucson, Arizona.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Painterroy58Painterroy58 Posts: 136 Member
    Just so you know Ive been running Sims 4 on my Mac Airbook with Parallels installed. My Mac is a 1.4 GHz only 4MB ram and the game runs the PC version great with no problems
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Intel Iris and Iris Pro have some type of dedicated memory to them, but not as much like NVidia and AMD, so you would be able to run it on high settings; Ultra may be pushing it. :)
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Just so you know Ive been running Sims 4 on my Mac Airbook with Parallels installed. My Mac is a 1.4 GHz only 4MB ram and the game runs the PC version great with no problems

Thank you! I'm currently on a Mac Air, 8GB RAM, so that information is extremely uplifting :smile:
  • Shona229Shona229 Posts: 2 New Member
    Good Morning, can anyone help me???? will sims 4 run on my mac?? I have a macbook pro (15 inch early 2011) my processor is 2GHZ intel core i7, 4gb of ram , my graphics are intel HD Graphics 3000 384 mb ...

thanks in advance
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Shona229 wrote: »
    Good Morning, can anyone help me???? will sims 4 run on my mac?? I have a macbook pro (15 inch early 2011) my processor is 2GHZ intel core i7, 4gb of ram , my graphics are intel HD Graphics 3000 384 mb ...

thanks in advance

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813226/can-my-mac-run-the-sims-4-answers-can-be-found-here
    apple-signature.png
  • Shona229Shona229 Posts: 2 New Member
    @BluebellFlora‌ thank you! I'm upgrading my ram for 4g to 8g friday! thank you!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Shona229 wrote: »
    @BluebellFlora‌ thank you! I'm upgrading my ram for 4g to 8g friday! thank you!

Your Mac already has a dedicated AMD graphics card, as well as the integrated Intel so the game should use the AMD - your graphics should pop!
    apple-signature.png
  • Danielwilks2010Danielwilks2010 Posts: 131 Member
    In the end I played the game on Ultra Graphics and the game is working Perfect! One happy Simmer now