Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing.

Just installed Sims 4 on my Mac (been running it on a Windows boot until now), window launches and crashes after a few seconds. Tried re-starting and 'repairing' the game a few times, no luck. Anyone else?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Post your specs in the Troubleshooting thread in this forum -- BluebellFlora has been supporting Mac users since Sims 3 and she's Teh Awesome. B) You might need to try a re-install just to see if that works.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah, my game crashed after I added in my old mods from windows. If you added your mods from windows remove them and then repair your game.
    Yeah, my game crashed after I added in my old mods from windows. If you added your mods from windows remove them and then repair your game.

Did you try to re-download/reinstall mods after you did the delete/repair? I've got mods that I really can't play without. :|

• SISrox77SISrox77 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the same issue with mods right now. I can add them bit by bit to play for a little while, but crashing mid-Sim creation is inevitable.
    Okay, crashing issue solved; now to go and re-download & install mods and hope I can keep the game working. :\ I guess I'll have a chance to evaluate which are essential and which are optional...
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member

Did you try to re-download/reinstall mods after you did the delete/repair? I've got mods that I really can't play without. :|

Some of my CAS CC works but not all of it. I think it's mostly the script mods that might be causing the crashing. You'll probably have to go through the mods you really want and add them in one by one and then start the game to see if it causes crashing. It will take a while, but I can't really pinpoint exactly which mods are causing the crashing.
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I narrowed it down to my four script mods -- the tuning mods seem to be fine. I can work around some of the issues with using cheats at least but it's going to be a hassle. There was a post from @SimGuruModSquad in another thread, so looks like they'll get on the case with more info; if you have mods that are giving you problems, list them there (I'll come back with the thread link).

EDIT: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816105/will-cc-and-mods-work#latest
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    James Turner said script mods will crash on Mac.