Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Wow Cath! I love Cape on the Vineyard, it reminds me of my dream home! I love the detail and the wonderful features you've used in your build! And I like how you used those poles to act like accents to the exterior wall coverings. I might use that.

Another excellent build. :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    This home is spectacular! So much detail and architectural interest. ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Yvonne2772Yvonne2772 Posts: 174 Member
    Magnificent building :) Beautiful interior and garden.
    This room is my favorite :

01-25-15_6-54nbspPM_zpso6hiv2qr.png

Have a nice weekend :)
    j456ume9wx4u.jpg[img][/img]
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    What are this HGTV and what do you do with it? :disagree: Cape on the Vineyard looks great Cath! You've done a wonderful job replicating the home in Sims form as much as possible. I'm guessing the entry form is for winning the house? If so, good luck! :D
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Hi @BreeMiles! :D Thank you for your lovely comment and fave! :)<3

Thank you for the wonderful comments @Cassee! I'm really having lots of fun MOOing, but I just hope that not too much is lost during the transfer... Things seem to stay put in my own game when I place the builds on different lots, and I'm crossing my fingers and toes, that it's the same for anyone else who DL's them. :#

Thank you for your generous comments @Cerrydd! :D It's fun seeing all the cool new MOOing ideas everyone is coming up with and trying out different things. Hopefully most of what we do, stays in place for everyone else!

@rosemow, thank you so very much for your lovely review Rose! It's always such a pleasure to see that you've stopped by with your wonderfully kind comments! You are very much appreciated! :)<3<3
    LadyDaKare wrote: »
    First and foremost Cath - I really love your builds! From one Sim architect to another Sim architect *tips hat with respect*

Second, Cape on the Vineyard is so perfect! I've been to the new Dream House and have spent numerous summers on The Vineyard. Thus, I am extremely, first hand, familiar with the architecture throughout the island. You've nailed the Dream House! The build itself couldn't be better. I'm just so impressed with your version. When I looked at your pictures I thumbed through the pictures I had taken on my trip and was blown away at the vast similarities and realism. Again, GREAT AWESOME FABULOUS JOB!

Or as we say on the island, "WICKED COOL!"
    @LadyDaKare, thank you for your awesome comments! :D I had to laugh about, "WICKED COOL!" :p And I am So Envious that you got to see that home, first hand! :o I've only been to Martha's Vineyard once, but tons of times to the Cape itself. I Love it there! It's such a Long ride down, but well worth it. ;)

Thank you for the very kind comments @Chris2fer03! :D We are managing to stay warm but only cause we have to stay inside, lol! :p We are getting bombarded with snowstorms here and it has been absolutely frigid! We're in the middle of a big storm right now. No school for the kiddies. And the end of the week is showing that we'll most likely be getting more of both the snow and frigid cold... There's honestly no place to put anymore! Well at least we have our sims to keep us happy :p

@suepea, thank you so much for your lovely comments, Sue! :) I can't wait to see your version of the Dream Home! It was just too pretty of a home to pass up trying to replicate and I had a lot of fun building it. Whoever wins this beauty is going to be a very fortunate person! :D

@Vihisha, thank you for the very nice comment and fave! :)

Hi @RyeCris16! Thank you for the wonderful comments and fave! HGTV is probably my very favorite channel. It's great for ideas and motivation for building. I hope you have something similar to watch! :)

Thank you for the lovely comments and faves @YJP19299, @Romagi1, @Battyivy21, and @petalbot! You guys Rock! :D

So nice to see you @follyfoot and @yanti68! Thank you for the awesome comments! Yanti, I actually *stole* the idea for the water feature from Bry. :p She did an absolutely stunning two story version in her Moody Blues and I was just dying to try it out for myself, lol! Thank you again Ladies! :)<3

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments @masajo, @itguyinsc and @Yvonne2772! I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. :)

Thank you @SummerFalls! I'm so glad we're able to use those columns too! It's so annoying that a lot of the wall coverings don't place the edges where we want them to be, in our builds. Using the columns is a nice solution for that. :)

@Chezs, you are very welcome! I hope your internet is working fine for you now and I hope you enjoy your home! :)

You make me laugh @TheGreenLion :p I guess you don't have HGTV in your area. It's a great channel for building ideas. Thank you for the lovely comments and the good luck wish! I did put my entry in along with millions of other people, lol! I know I won't win but if by some remote chance I did, it would be "WICKED COOL!" as @LadyDaKare said, lol! :p
  • LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi @BreeMiles! :D Thank you for your lovely comment and fave! :)<3

LadyDaKare wrote: »
    First and foremost Cath - I really love your builds! From one Sim architect to another Sim architect *tips hat with respect*

Second, Cape on the Vineyard is so perfect! I've been to the new Dream House and have spent numerous summers on The Vineyard. Thus, I am extremely, first hand, familiar with the architecture throughout the island. You've nailed the Dream House! The build itself couldn't be better. I'm just so impressed with your version. When I looked at your pictures I thumbed through the pictures I had taken on my trip and was blown away at the vast similarities and realism. Again, GREAT AWESOME FABULOUS JOB!

Or as we say on the island, "WICKED COOL!"
    @LadyDaKare, thank you for your awesome comments! :D I had to laugh about, "WICKED COOL!" :p And I am So Envious that you got to see that home, first hand! :o I've only been to Martha's Vineyard once, but tons of times to the Cape itself. I Love it there! It's such a Long ride down, but well worth it. ;)

If you're from New England you know everything we like is "Wicked Cool". Right now New England is Wicked Cold and when the Patriots won the Super Bowl it was Wicked Awesome. Hanging out with friends is Wicked Fun. It's New Englander Wicked Slang and it's Wicked Cool! So is your dream house...just so Wicked Cool

Yeah, the Vineyard has been my summer playground since I was a young girl. Love it there. And the guys...they're Wicked Hot! B)
    @LadyDaKare, that is Wicked Funny!!! :p I am from New England! Right now we're having a Wicked Snowstorm and I am Wicked Sick of this stupid winter... :# I think you should add "Wicked" to your banner, lol! "Who's Wicked Awesome?" :p
    @LadyDaKare, that is Wicked Funny!!! :p I am from New England! Right now we're having a Wicked Snowstorm and I am Wicked Sick of this stupid winter... :# I think you should add "Wicked" to your banner, lol! "Who's Wicked Awesome?" :p

ROFL. Oh I'm laughing so hard! That's so Wicked Funny. What a Wicked Cool idea. I'll see about that - "Who's Wicked Awesome?" You Are!
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I know you didn't post it right now, bot I wanted to say something about "Sweets for the Sweet". What I want to say now matches with the thing LadyDa Kane began with: its wicked adorable. Lovely interior, great structure, sweet chocolates :p The only critics I have is that I'm now wicked hungry :joy::yum:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    Lol, YJP!! :p Thank you for the nice compliment! Sorry about making you wicked hungry! :p:# Feel free to eat as many chocolates as you like! Happy Valentine's Day!
    edited February 2015
    Sweets For The Sweet 2br. 1ba.
    Lot size: 30x20
    Cost: $208,889
    No CC

Gallery Link

This is just a silly, fun build for Valentine's Day. I was actually working on another Valentine project when the idea for a box of chocolates hit me. I included the teddy bear and some flowers to create a little gift ensemble. I have a couple of more builds going for Valentine's Day, but I'm not sure I'll be finished by Saturday. Anyway here are some pictures:

02-14-15_9-57nbspPM-2_zpsijyhsirx.png
    02-14-15_11-59nbspAM_zps9jbsyeqm.png
    02-09-15_6-05nbspPM_zpshovoayar.png
    02-09-15_5-45nbspPM_zpswjq3nlbx.png
    02-09-15_5-49nbspPM_zpsxzritpjp.png
    02-09-15_5-50nbspPM-2_zpsppvvgubr.png
    02-09-15_6-07nbspPM-3_zpssplxvmwt.png
    02-09-15_6-07nbspPM-5_zpsogd59kwj.png
    02-09-15_5-53nbspPM_zpsfp6xxe8e.png
    02-09-15_6-06nbspPM_zpsmx5uepy7.png
    02-09-15_6-07nbspPM_zps88bqlrhb.png

Yikes! Now I'm making myself crave some chocolates. :p

Happy Valentine's Day!!! >:)

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Well, I'm not craving chocolates, but I do have the song stuck in my head now!! (I guess that's revenge for Total E(cl)lipse? :p)

Cute build, love the look of the chocolates :D
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wow, awesome design and very creative, Sweets for the Sweets is fantastic. It's no surprise we're all craving chocs now, this is delicious :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Awww! Sweet for the sweets looks adorable! <3 So romantic! Love the heart shape and the lovely decor! Perfect for Valentine! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Sweets for the Sweet is such a very nice and cute home! :) The heart shaped chocolate box exterior and roofing looks great! The big pink heart teddy bear at the front of the build looks very cute! It looks nice how you have placed a number of large red flowers together at the front of the home. The heart shaped patterns on the ground floor looks nice, and the white heart decor on the exterior walls looks pretty placed on the red colour of the walls. The variety of clocolates look so very great in the roof! Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The open plan kitchen, dining and living room area is nice. The pink colour of the walls looks pretty. Very nice kitchen area. It looks very nice how you have placed the white counters along the edges of the curved area of the heart. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. The heart shaped island bar stool and stove counter is very nice! The pink colour of the stools looks nice with the white of the counter. It is great that you have a study desk area in the kitchen. Nice dining area. The pink colour of dining seating looks nice. The patterned floor rugs under the dining table and in the living room add nice touches in the areas. Very nice living room area! It looks nice how you have placed the pink sofas and armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting and chatting together, whilst watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. It looks very nice how you have done the tv and fireplace section! It looks great how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the fireplace and tv. The shelves look great how you have placed thrm at different levels on the wall and it looks effective how you have placed three items on each of the shelf. Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo. Very nice bedrooms! The blue and red colour scheme of the children's single beds room looks very nice! It looks great how you have positioned the beds in the room, and the creation of the bunk bed using the pool ladder and other items looks very great! Very great mooing! Very nice study desk nook! The colourful hearts on the wall are very nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there using the computer. The lady bug picture looks cute on the wall! Sims will enjoy doing artwork on the art table. The pink/purple and black colour scheme of the master bedroom looks very nice! The enlarged musician pictures look great on the walls! Nice study desk area. The flowers on the desk are nice for sims to see when sitting at the desk. It looks nice how you have used a bookcase at the bedhead. Very nice dresser alcove! It looks very nice how you have placed the black cabinets there! The mirror is a nice touch on the wall. Very nice armchairs reading and tv watching area in the room! The musician themed pictures on the walls look effective how you have placed the same ones side by side. It looks nice how you have placed the plsnts either sides of the tv on the tv table and floor. The candles look pretty on the table between the armchairs.
    It is such a very nice heart and chocolate box themed Valentines home! :)
    All I want to do now is sit and eat a box of chocolates. Thanks @wrathofcath for making me now want to do it in game! LOL! I'm the Sim who will be devouring that house. :p<3 Oh, if you haven't guessed it yet, I love chocolate and you've touched my heart with the build. Soon as I saw it had to nominate! Chocolate! I'm like a zombie....give me chocolate <3
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Already left a favorite on the gallery...what a SUPER CUTE idea!! I love the color choices u did on the interior of the house. The dining area is so cute..love the BIG table u put together in there. I like how u scooted the bookcases next 2 the fireplace making it look like an entertainment center. The colors u chose really bring out the quirky rug! What objects did u use 2 stack up & make that bunk bed...Counters?
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Adorable!!! Ms Cath!! Now if only your chocolates were that BIG!!! Yummy!!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    It's been awhile and I really liked coming back on here and seeing your work, Cath! That last one, the Valentine's box of chocolates is awesome. So imaginative! I really like how you did the blue and pink teen girl/boy room in one of your builds and your skills always impress me! Great work!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Already saw and faved Sweets for Sweets in the gallery and it's very yummy and adorable! :heart_eyes:
    Your heart-shaped architecture is very adorable, I also like your use of tables, acting as chocolates. Your enlarged teddy and flowers are nice touches outside too! I also like your interior. The use of pink, purple, and red color reflects from the theme very well. Very well done! :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    edited February 2015
    Congratulations on your Starry Nights boys bedroom being favourited by Maxis! :) It is a great room! The starry theme of the room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the lights on the wall! Nice arnchairs reading area. The starry themed bookcase, chair, floor rugs ane bed look nice. The black wall colour pattern suits the type of room well.
    Congratulations! :)
    edited February 2015
    Happy Valentines Day, everyone!!!
    717216294_2023968_zpssffj3man.gif

@Cerrydd, I didn't know there was a song with that phrase! Well anyway, I'm glad it's your turn to have a song stuck on the brain, lol! :p Thank you for the very kind comments! :)

@masajo, thank you for the lovely comment! I was so excited when I thought of a way to actually make the chocolates. :)

@yanti68, thank you for the sweet (haha) comments and fave! :)<3

@rosemow, thank you for another wonderful review! I swear, your eyes don't miss a single thing!! Thank you for always having such a thorough look! :)<3
    Thank you also Rose, for taking the time to come back with Congrats for Starry Nights! You are so thoughtful and sweet! :)<3<3

@LadyDaKare, lol about being a *chocolate zombie*! :p Thank you so much for your Wicked Awesome comments and for the nomination! I am very honored that you thought that much of it. :)o:)<3

@Vihisha, thank you very kindly for your wonderful comments! I actually used *Simplicity nightstands" stacked on top of each other for the ends of the bunk beds. I found that when I tested to see if sims would use the lower beds, the upper bunk had to be at a certain height or the sim would get all stomp-y and mad, that they couldn't use the lower bed, lol! :p Silly Sims!

@Cassee, I know right? Giant chocolates would be SO fabulous! Thank you for the lovely comments, Cass! :)<3

Hello @Ash072! It's lovely to see you! Thank you for the Awesome comments, Ash! The Valentine Candy build was really fun to do! :)

@RyeCris16, thank you so much for your very kind comments! It really was fun to do something kind of silly for a change. :D I adore your Valentine room set! Me thinks it needs to be in a Valentine home! :)

The Valentines Day picture is very pretty! @Cath :) The flowers, chocolates, and butterfly are very nice! It looks nice how it is glittering, and has a pretty pink heart background. It is very nice! :)
    Let Them Eat Cake 3br, 3ba.
    Lot Size 30x20
    Cost: $299,736
    No CC

Link on the Gallery

Just in time for one more Valentine build! This is actually the first Valentine home that I started before I got side-tracked with the idea for a Valentine Candy Heart Home. I had to get that one out of my head, before I could finish this one. :p Although it's a little cutesie on the exterior, the interiors are pretty cool. I went with an industrial/chic/contemporary style. There isn't a very big yard but I did manage to get a little heart-shaped pool in the back with a small patio.
    Main floor has large eat-in kitchen with a little office area, living room with piano and bar, play room and small gym plus a 3/4 bath. Second floor has boys and girls bedrooms and full bath. Third floor has the Master En Suite with sitting area and walk-in closet.

02-12-15_8-03nbspPM_zpsxwd0kpvf.png
    02-12-15_8-04nbspPM_zpskgcuewmf.png
    02-14-15_11-40nbspAM_zpsm32agqms.png

Overhead Views:
    02-12-15_8-04nbspPM-2_zpslvgjilkb.png
    02-12-15_8-05nbspPM_zpsi8d2a83u.png
    02-12-15_8-05nbspPM-2_zpst0wr3yyo.png
    02-12-15_8-05nbspPM-3_zpsalyspijz.png

First floor living room and kitchen with work area:
    02-12-15_8-06nbspPM_zpsreua9pxd.png
    02-12-15_8-07nbspPM-2_zpsdhsu39u7.png
    02-12-15_8-08nbspPM-3_zpswidcudyb.png
    02-12-15_8-09nbspPM_zpsxw9zy7ig.png

Playroom, gym and overhead view of bath:
    02-14-15_11-44nbspAM-2_zpslzi06rce.png
    02-12-15_8-10nbspPM_zpszklikxvn.png
    02-12-15_8-11nbspPM_zpsg1ww9ksc.png
    02-12-15_8-13nbspPM_zpsgcz6gc1s.png

Second floor girls and boys rooms plus bath:
    02-14-15_11-50nbspAM-2_zpsa3m8nvwq.png
    02-12-15_8-26nbspPM_zpsv45je9je.png
    02-12-15_8-17nbspPM_zpsiefimrwx.png
    02-12-15_8-13nbspPM-2_zpsqqu7iclo.png
    02-12-15_8-14nbspPM_zps7o31jok4.png
    02-12-15_8-14nbspPM-2_zpstdt45drf.png
    02-14-15_11-51nbspAM-2_zpsceqt769f.png
    02-14-15_11-51nbspAM_zpsw60jkpx4.png

Third floor Master En Suite with sitting room and walk-in closet:
    02-12-15_8-21nbspPM-3_zpspjzfr6ma.png
    02-12-15_8-21nbspPM_zpsz5p2vdtk.png
    02-14-15_11-53nbspAM-2_zps3ogtkxko.png
    02-12-15_8-22nbspPM_zpsjw8yd9dv.png
    02-12-15_8-21nbspPM-5_zpsjdga8yay.png

And that's it! I hope you all had a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Good night and Sweet Dreams!
    02-12-15_8-30nbspPM_zps2dpmltgb.png
    @rosemow, thank you Sweet Rose for the nice compliment on the Valentine picture! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)<3