Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcment TODAY???? Update: No Announcment TODAY????

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited February 2015
    Let's just hope we waited for something!
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    It's 17:17 (5:17 pm) here. I'm still waiting... :\
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    edited February 2015
    > @Farrousy said:
    > To waste time let's talk about The Sims Movie that was announced on 2007 anyone heard about it???

I remember the talk about it. There was a sim themed Drew Carey show that I never saw. I'd love to see what they could do with a The Sims movie.

So while waiting check out the clip on youtube.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

5:19pm here, from were are you from? :p

tenor.gif
  • haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    Oh dear people, don't get so excited... The word "surprise" only appeared in an answer to a fan asking what the "spoiler" about WooHoo and Friday was about. That doesn't mean anything. Nowhere has it been hinted that we'd get new content, in fact they have expressly said they haven't *promised* anything.
    > @Peapond69 said:
    > So while waiting check out the clip on youtube.
    It was a show???

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    Yep! It was at the beginning of a Drew Carey episode. Drew Carey was downloadable for TS1.
    > @Peapond69 said:
    > Yep! It was at the beginning of a Drew Carey episode. Drew Carey was downloadable for TS1.
    >
    I am confused here they said there will be a movie about The Sims and I think the plot was set on the world Pleasentveiw

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    Yes...I was just mentioning related content. Sorry to be confusing. The movie isn't happening according to the SimWiki. :-( I'm going to check back into Origin later.... good day to you all.
    Bye!! Peapond69

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    haituva wrote: »
    Oh dear people, don't get so excited... The word "surprise" only appeared in an answer to a fan asking what the "spoiler" about WooHoo and Friday was about. That doesn't mean anything. Nowhere has it been hinted that we'd get new content, in fact they have expressly said they haven't *promised* anything.

This.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015

They said that, because the first thing sounded like something was going to be announced/released today. If it didn't sound like that, why are so many people asking about it?...
    And why do people constantly have to play EA's attorneys, do you get something out of this? No you don't get something, they're not even thanking you for being so condescending towards fellow simmers.

ETA: Well, you at least got a "this" from SimGuruBChick. Hope you're happy now, because we sure aren't.
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > haituva wrote: »
    >
    > Oh dear people, don't get so excited... The word "surprise" only appeared in an answer to a fan asking what the "spoiler" about WooHoo and Friday was about. That doesn't mean anything. Nowhere has it been hinted that we'd get new content, in fact they have expressly said they haven't *promised* anything.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This.
    Oh no we just waited for nothing!!!
    But, actually SimGuruLyndsay said she will talk about GTW today so you kinda promised us something!?!?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

This.

Aw, well that's disappointing... Thanks for clarifying Bchick. Guess there was nothing special to look forward to after all ;c (it seems).
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Well how about a new screenshot of GTW would be nice :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member

This.

What is that supposed to mean? EA you really need to get better PR/social media people. By saying "remember this next friday" the meaning is very vague and to EA and Sims it most likely meant remember it because saturday is v-day but you have to remember that your fans want more from you and are always hoping for surprises so of course they would interpret it as a hint for something special. Not some stupid joke.

If you cared for your fans you would give us what we hope and ask for or at least be honest and upfront with us.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Brazil.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

This.

That was, uh, abrupt.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

They said that, because the first thing sounded like something was going to be announced/released today. If it didn't sound like that, why are so many people asking about it?...
    And why do people constantly have to play EA's attorneys, do you get something out of this? No you don't get something, they're not even thanking you for being so condescending towards fellow simmers.

I didn't find his post condescending at all.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

This.

So why didn't you specify that when people had already begun to speculate what you meant days and days ago?

I swear, the PR at EA is unreal.
  • haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm not being an attorney for anyone. I just don't want people getting all hyped for nothing and then complain loudly afterwards, just because they misunderstood something. Only one person has to misunderstand something that was said, make a post about their "discovery", and just like that we have a rumor that will then turn into a "fact"...
    I'm not even a native speaker, so my understanding might be limited, but as soon as I read the hype-causing messages in their original context, I thought to myself, "oops, people are getting too excited... these aren't promising any content".
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Brazil.

Same here :p

tenor.gif
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    Im a communications major and I would love to work for EA/maxis just to keep the confusion from happening between fans and company. Do they even have a team of PR people working for sims? I could do great stuff for them.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There has been NO announcement :s
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »

I didn't find his post condescending at all.

Telling us how illogical it is to get hyped sounds condescending to me. As if we are not smart enough to understand what someone said. I hoped for something and this is not the only forum full of people, who have believed something would be coming today.

I'm not mad at SimGuruBChick, she's very nice, but she should not give a hint like this again. (unless there is something coming... but who still believes this?)