Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
I've noticed a lot of people aren't aware they can get the whole collection free or for the price of one used copy.

Origin has been handing out a digital copy of TS2: Ultimate Collection to anyone who has a game code. This can be a code for a Stuff Pack, Expansion Pack, or Deluxe.. It doesn't matter. TS2: Ultimate Collection includes all Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs. They were giving it out for free to anyone in 2014 but now you have to own at least one copy and show proof. This is because TS2 is no longer supported.

Contacting is easy.. You don't need to call if you don't want to. They also offer Live Chat. Depending on how busy they are, it could be 15-45 minute wait.. or no wait at all. www.origin.com - At the very top EA Help > Contact Us. You can find used copies on Amazon, eBay, or anywhere else that sells used things. Some reps will tell you this is no longer available but they are misinformed so keep trying. Give it a break and ask again another day.

!You can try requesting it without any copy to show for and hope that they give it to you anyways. Some have been lucky this way but it is not a guarantee and you will have better luck if you do own something.!

If you are able to get a copy of the UC added to your account, please come back here and comment. We would love to know if people are still able to get it. Thank you!

The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection Origin Box Art - Grabs yours! Instructions are included in each link.
custom box art by Wilderwolf
custom pack that includes box art, start-up screen, and desktop icon by EddySims
i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
Post edited by SimplyJen on

Comments

• NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    edited February 2015
    I tried that earlier and I even said I had my physical copy of The Sims 2 with the game code (so that way when they asked for it I could give it to them) but I couldn't get it. :/ They said ''Experts are sorry and they say that now nothing can be done about this issue''. The customer support person put me on hold for a couple minutes to ask someone about the UC but yeah. Do you think maybe they decided to stop giving it out already to people who have a game code?
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    @NerdySims99, you need to try again with a different CS rep. This isn't the case at all. The Sims 2 UC is still being given to players if they ask and provide proof of purchase.

I'm sorry to say that the CS rep that helped you was either lazy or totally ignorant or brand-new. The rep asked the wrong support person while you were on hold.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I agree with Mistletoe. I've had a few bad ones myself.
    @Mistletoe143 Okay, I'll try again later or tomorrow, hopefully then I'll be able to get it. And is there maybe a specific help topic I should choose? The first time I chose 'General Questions', should I choose that one again or a different one?
  • SimBunnySimBunny Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi. I hope it's ok to pop in and share my experience in getting The Sims 2 UC. Like a lot of people I missed out on the promotion back in July and thought I would never ever get it. I own all the expansions and stuff packs & really wanted them in my Origin account so they would be backed up and easily installed. I came across this post last night and it gave me hope that I could still get Sims 2 UC. I saw your post this morning @NerdySims99 and was sadden that you were unable to get it. But the other two posters said they were wrong in not giving it to you.

So this afternoon I used the EA Online Chat. I used the help topics - The Sims 2/PC/Codes. I let him know that I was trying to add my Sims 2 product codes to my Origin account and they were being rejected. Which is what happened last night when I tried to enter them. He asked if I had the games with me. He then asked for me to take a picture of each Sims 2 disk with my hands holding them. He sent me a link to attach the pics to the chat conversation. I sent two pictures with two disks in each picture & my hand holding one of the disks. He then verified my account and sent me a product code to redeem in Origin for The Sims 2 UC. I'm so happy that it worked out and I hope you get your game too! Thanks @Simasaurus09 and @Mistletoe143 for you information. The Sims 2 is my absolute favorite, I'll love it forever!!!
    So I just got off with the customer support and I got the collection! I don't have an Origin Client since my current laptop can't handle a game so there is no point in having it so they added it to my account and said whenever I get the Client it will be there. :) They were super nice. Although the second rep gave me an invalid code so I had to mention to the third rep that so they just went and added it straight to my account.
  • FabianelfFabianelf Posts: 22 New Member
    thanks so much for the info guys! I just got the UC, after chatting with a second advisor, who was very friendly and helpful. I followed SimBunny's tip for the topics (The Sims 2/PC/Codes) they also asked me for a picture of the sims 2 disks + my name and date written on a paper. I'm downloading the game already, can't wait to play! :D
  • GirlWonder87GirlWonder87 Posts: 9 New Member
    I got my copy on Saturday after seeing someone mention it in another thread on here. I used the help topic PC Games/Sims 2/Codes (I think) and told a chat rep that I was trying to register my code, but it wouldn't register to my account. He asked me for a photo of my disc (didn't ask for any codes) and when I uploaded it for him he gave me the UC and a 15% off coupon good through the end of the month (which I plan to use on the Outdoor pack, yay!). I already have the entire set on disc, but an electronic backup might come in handy someday. :)
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I'm so happy to hear that everyone here is getting their copy of Sims 2 UC.

This is one issue, where if you don't get the assistance the first time, you need to persist and try again. The UC is definitely available to all Sims 2 players for free. I hope everyone gets the copy they are entitled for. Happy Simming!!
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Hello all,
    I just was reading this post, I just got my UC today too. I had used the chat session. I too went in to the code section first. No pictures of holding it in my hand. I gave them my info and my registration number from one of my games the sims2 holiday edition. I am still downloading UC seems to take a long while to do it. I also lost internet connection when it first started up. I do not know if it was because of downloading the game but it is all back up and running again. However it is taking why to long to download I think. Something like 3hrs and still have 1hr left to go before installing it.

With that all said I too am glad that the game is still available for free. I am adding it to my laptop. I did not get a notification for free back in July either. Unless I missed it. I did get the store edition back in the day. Lost all of my store bought items. Never recovered them. That is ok. I have the rar files on my desktop just need to find a free rar installer.

Anyway just thought I would pop in and let you know my experience. Thanks Simasaurus09. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    edited February 2015
    @winterloc I think it took me an hour to download and install. It does depend on how strong/fast your internet connection is. It's normal for it to take long because this is the whole collection.

When you have it installed and start it up for the first time, it might take a while to get past the loading screen. That's normal and that's because it's setting up the folders for the game. After that everything should start up normal.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    Hi Simasaurus09,
    Thank you for the information :D I can see it taking a bit like you said. It finally all downloaded and I went into the game and checked it out. Then I decided to do something :s I will post about that in my own thread. :D I was watching the numbers and the amount of time left. I do have a fast connection 60mps. What I was watching was 1.2mps and then it went into kilobits and hours. I think it just took way to long but it is done and I did get to go in to the game.

When you get a chance go check out my thread and see what happened. :D I will post it after I comment here.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    This thread should be stickied so people don't pay a ridiculous amount of money buying the expansions from Amazon/eBay when they can just get the whole collection for the price of the base game.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    > @bobyo2001 said:
    > This thread should be stickied so people don't pay a ridiculous amount of money buying the expansions from Amazon/eBay when they can just get the whole collection for the price of the base game.

That's a really good idea. It hurts to see people paying 20-30 dollars for just the base game (or a deluxe or double deluxe) and more for the expansions and stuff packs! I mean, you can find EP's and SP's for under $10 now (used, not brand new) but it's still better to pay just the price of the base game and get the rest free. :D
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Wait so if I find the base game of TS2 I can get the expansion packs and game packs for free?
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Wait so if I find the base game of TS2 I can get the expansion packs and game packs for free?
    Yes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • mutantelosmutantelos Posts: 20 Member
    > @SimBunny said:
    > Hi. I hope it's ok to pop in and share my experience in getting The Sims 2 UC. Like a lot of people I missed out on the promotion back in July and thought I would never ever get it. I own all the expansions and stuff packs & really wanted them in my Origin account so they would be backed up and easily installed. I came across this post last night and it gave me hope that I could still get Sims 2 UC. I saw your post this morning NerdySims99 and was sadden that you were unable to get it. But the other two posters said they were wrong in not giving it to you.
    >
    > So this afternoon I used the EA Online Chat. I used the help topics - The Sims 2/PC/Codes. I let him know that I was trying to add my Sims 2 product codes to my Origin account and they were being rejected. Which is what happened last night when I tried to enter them. He asked if I had the games with me. He then asked for me to take a picture of each Sims 2 disk with my hands holding them. He sent me a link to attach the pics to the chat conversation. I sent two pictures with two disks in each picture & my hand holding one of the disks. He then verified my account and sent me a product code to redeem in Origin for The Sims 2 UC. I'm so happy that it worked out and I hope you get your game too! Thanks Simasaurus09 and Mistletoe143 for you information. The Sims 2 is my absolute favorite, I'll love it forever!!!

hi, SimBunny, missed out on promotion too, and surprised we can still have this entire collection. i have only two packs left with me & still sealed, as were bought mistakenly twice, have given everything else to my nephew as he has Sims2, was buying this packs unaware that Sims 3 was about to be released but was unable to find the base game. What i really would like to know if possible, how do I take pictures (assume it to be with a camera?) if asked? the mentioned Sims 2UC code/ is/are the one/s inside the packs to register? I will contact EA Online firstly in the morning. I was introduced to Sims 2 by my nephew when he was coming to stay during school holidays.I really liked it...so...here I am with S3, (entire collection) Medieval & S4. thank you for the help land the " Great News "
    > @PeaceSign101 said:
    > Wait so if I find the base game of TS2 I can get the expansion packs and game packs for free?
    > @bobyo2001 said:
    > PeaceSign101 wrote: »
    >
    > Wait so if I find the base game of TS2 I can get the expansion packs and game packs for free?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes.

was still on line,... i must have the base game? it's what i was not able to find/locate in any shop. onlyhave e expansions, but at the moment can't tell which ones they are.
    edited February 2015
    @mutantelos Base game, Stuff Packs, Expansion Packs, or Deluxe copies. It does not matter as long as you have a code for it. Don't try to register the code yourself because it will not work. You must contact them with it.

If you only have the box then you can still try. They might ask for a picture. For example, you might be asked to write down something on a note and then take a picture of that note next to your copy. To take a picture it can be any kind of camera... Do you have a digital camera, cell phone camera, or tablet camera?

If you do get your copy of the Ultimate Collection, then you will need to use your Origin client. It should automatically be added to your games. This will be a digital copy and can be downloaded from there. Downloading can take an hour or two depending on how fast your internet is.
  • carleighcanecarleighcane Posts: 205 Member
    I can't believe I didn't know about getting the Ultimate Collection last summer for free, but about ten minutes ago I saw this post and went to chat under The Sims 2/PC/Codes, the rep asked for my Origin ID, then for the code I have for TS2 Double Deluxe, and then the answer to my Origin security question. Then the UC was in my Origin account! This took less than 5 minutes all together, thank you for this post @Simasaurus09‌ :)
    wishlist
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > mutantelos Base game, Stuff Packs, Expansion Packs, or Deluxe copies. It does not matter as long as you have a code for it. Don't try to register the code yourself because it will not work. You must contact them with it.
    >
    > If you only have the box then you can still try. They might ask for a picture. For example, you might be asked to write down something on a note and then take a picture of that note next to your copy. To take a picture it can be any kind of camera... Do you have a digital camera, cell phone camera, or tablet camera?
    >
    > If you do get your copy of the Ultimate Collection, then you will need to use your Origin client. It should automatically be added to your games. This will be a digital copy and can be downloaded from there. Downloading can take an hour or two depending on how fast your internet is.

Thank you Simasaurus09, had a further search today as is my day off and guess..... i was not able to find the packet containing two of Sims 2, but find a package containing 5 packs receipts included . they were bought 24/06/2010! They are the following: Nightlife- Mansions & garden- Pets- apartment life- & Open for business ( the latter bought 5/05/2010. All still sealed! Yes have digital camera and have cable internet.
    will let you know how i go. Can't wait. :)
    :
  • Nicolee13745Nicolee13745 Posts: 5 New Member
    It is not working for me :( I have talked to 4 different people on the chat and they keep saying that the code I have is for Spore. I've never even played spore. Lol. The code I have used is printed directly on the back of my Sims 2 case.
    Nicoleee13745,
    Did you use the live chat on ea help? If not give that a try and when they ask you for the registration number and you type it out do not use the hyphen space just use the numbers only. Hope this helps you out.
  • carleighcanecarleighcane Posts: 205 Member
    @Nicolee13745 Is there a booklet inside your case? There might be a different code printed on the back of it, my codes have always been there

wishlist
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Wow I can't believe they are giving you such a hard time. I called EA about something else to do with TS3 and I got the nicest rep ever. We were chatting and I told him I missed out on the sims 2 UC and how I missed playing the sims 2 but I still have all my discs. He just gave it to me. I did not ask for it. I did not have to prove I own the sims 2 even though I have all my games including the original boxes they came in.