Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• matrix54matrix54 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Just two questions: In 'Get To Work', Is it possible for player Sims to shop from another business in the world, or is it strictly operate only? Part of the fun of having different shops around town was actually being able to use them, not just run them.

Also, are we allowed to sell produce, fish, etc. or are we limited to build/buy, special objects, outfits and cooked/baked food?

Thank you for your time. :)
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Will two sims in our family be able to work in a medical career or scientist career at the same time?
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    chealsycat wrote: »
    I really love the bear costumes made for all ages :heart_eyes: It's great that you can make your sims wear the costumes everywhere, even in the swimming pool.
    0h1ohyns991u.png
    uzl2h2cgyayq.png
    But sometimes the bears turn into humans making the fairy tale even more wonderful:
    Daddy Bear goes to work, pretending to be a human :wink:
    ib46sl3oflzk.png
    Mommy Bear lost her "skin", hurrying to save her home from fire:
    d0upwrbcxnat.png

I wish we had more costumes of different animals in game: of cats - of course :mrgreen: - of lions, tigers, foxes... I love costume parties :wink:

This is awesome - I love how much fun you're having with the suit! @SimGuruGrant would be proud :)

Many thanks to @SimGuruGrant <3
  • TheNestTheNest Posts: 117 Member
    The TS4 team mentioned a lot about the Weirder Stories tagline throught the pre-release of the game, even putting it as part of the original tag line. My question is why, after 4+ months of the game being out, is there no place to upload stories and/or even video to like the Exchange of games past? Surely, people would want to share those stories, because it's really no fun if you make a story and have no one to read it? Is this one of those cases of it being "too hard" to do as well? Is it because you fear of all of the nasty stories that would be uploaded like the Exchange of game's past? If the latter is the case, then wouldn't the solution to that be actual moderation to make sure the nasty stuff gets taken down quickly? Is it because you don't like all the terrible stories people write? In this case, some people like myself actually LIKE to read terrible stories, just to make fun up and laugh at people writing something very terrible.

Let's just hope that the Weirder Stories doesn't become yet another squandered feature that is of TS4.
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    First time here, hi Gurus :D
    1. Can we visit the hospital without working there?
    2. Will npc's run stores?

We'll be talking more about the Doctor and hospital coming up next week ;)
    and we'll talk more about retail coming up soon too. You will be able to visit an NPC store.
    Good Morning!

First let me say thank you for Geneology patch and family trees....awesome addition to the game!

My question is in regards to Game Options, under Game Play. Autonomy - where you can switch Full or Off. What is supposed to happen when you turn it off? I really don't see a difference...the free will is still there. My Sims aren't doing what I tell them (LOL), & if I select a specific computer they may use another one in the house (which is bad for me, as I have my home setup with designated 'emotions' rooms).

Also - just wanted to see if you were aware that the relationship panel doesn't match the family tree for pre-existing families. I caught this the other day when my step-father Sim flirted with his step-daughter. Family tree is perfect, but the relationship panel shows 'acquaintance'.

Lastly...the maid - is there a bug? My maid comes over and does nothing. Every time I leave the lot & come back I pay $40.00. I'm back & forth a lot with my Sims...so lets just say my maid is racking up the Simoleons even though he/she isn't working.

It sounds like you might be hitting a bug. If you tell a Sim to use a particular computer they shouldn't be choosing another one unless something is in the way, something is broken or maybe some bug is happening. I haven't seen this myself but I can ask.

Interesting note about the pre-existing families and the maid. I'll follow up, it sounds like some bugs for sure.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    SimguruLyndsay will there be a clean up of the npc's in game that help prevent file bloating when it comes to the shopping from the clothing stores and or other items. I worried that when you open up shops since the sims have unlimited inventory space that loading screen time may increase more without the sims dumping the inventory contents at the end of the day or shopping.

Do you have something as a solution for that in the works?

Also for the ambition careers have you considered using the wider area of public spaces for the problem with constant loading of lots to catch criminals. Such as things like stake outs etc. Or even exploring options where simmers can freeze time at home as i would hate for my house to continue play without me in case i miss something. There is a wide variety of careers to choose from but i am a bit of a collect and kind of like to play them all. I'm mentioning this as something to the team to consider the players experience when performing these careers. I think my main concern is breaking up player immersion where they can do a bit of everything and not have to constantly be jumping from lot to lot. yet not have to worry about at home. As honestly i get people like the whole notification thing telling them what's going on. I don't. If i can't play it i don't like it so i really have to have the option of playing my family and i rather the time freeze at home while im away than to keep going, since it's not open world.

I love the idea of the new ep i think sims 4 could explore a strong suite of hands on play through expansions. Especially with zoo's, aquariums, vacation spots, etc. I hope these are something you consider for the future, of offering new content that fit with an old theme of play that i think many simmers would enjoy.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hi

Ok, how do the new neighborhoods in GTW work? Are they going to show up on the map?

Are there going to be business stars?

Are there escalators being added?

How will time work and/or sim control and switching in the pack while sims are at work?

Do aliens have special powers?

How does the clothing stores and manequins work?

Alien abduction is in the pack?

Real estate is being added?

So many questions... and not many answers yet. Some of this information is stuff that we will be revealing in the coming weeks as we get ready for the launch in April. What I can say is that the Mannequins are awesome :)

But seriously, some of this in depth detail will be covered in various videos, blogs and Q&A sessions coming up very soon. That said, I have passed on all these questions to the feature producer for GTW and if I get the answers, I will post them here later today.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    I also got in love with the build mode :heart_eyes: It wasn't easy at first, but thanks to some tutorials I got used to it and realized how wonderful it is <3 I love the roof tool best of all. I was never able to make something like that in the Sims 2 or 3.
    hpowm8p7ud0m.png

I just wish we had more roof décor, like that (photos of my country house)
    IT7mnvIBLjM.jpg
    pabrT4MpkCQ.jpg
    marcellala wrote: »
    Hi SimGurus,

You've highlighted The Legacy Challenge on one of your blogposts. I know have an issue related to that playstyle.

Part of the rules for a legacy challenge is that traits of the heirs and spares are random, but you took the randomize button for this away. It would be really nice if you put it back in, because it gets tedious to use tools outside of the game.

Good point marcellala. We'll see what we can do.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Nice to see you guys here :) Just wanted to say thank you to all the Gurus who have been taking the time to post on the forum and being more visible, I know I find that reassuring and you guys deserve a big compliment for listening and showing us you care :)
    Anavastia wrote: »
    SimguruLyndsay will there be a clean up of the npc's in game that help prevent file bloating when it comes to the shopping from the clothing stores and or other items. I worried that when you open up shops since the sims have unlimited inventory space that loading screen time may increase more without the sims dumping the inventory contents at the end of the day or shopping.

It's certainly something we're taking into consideration because we do not want your files to get bloated. We're looking at performance and memory use very carefully to make sure we stay on top of it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hi

Ok, how do the new neighborhoods in GTW work? Are they going to show up on the map?

Are there going to be business stars?

Are there escalators being added?

How will time work and/or sim control and switching in the pack while sims are at work?

Do aliens have special powers?

How does the clothing stores and manequins work?

Alien abduction is in the pack?

Real estate is being added?

So many questions... and not many answers yet. Some of this information is stuff that we will be revealing in the coming weeks as we get ready for the launch in April. What I can say is that the Mannequins are awesome :)

But seriously, some of this in depth detail will be covered in various videos, blogs and Q&A sessions coming up very soon. That said, I have passed on all these questions to the feature producer for GTW and if I get the answers, I will post them here later today.

Thank you :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Will EPs and GPs work together? For example, vacation days for the new working careers and shop owners. And also, things like the potions from herbalism being sold? Will we be able to get more potions to make?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I also love the curved things in building mode (can't remember the word sorry :( )
    I wish we also got curved walls, windows - maybe even doors? - one day.
    I also love that I was able to put lillies in the pool without using MOO. I hope we'll get curved pools one day ;)
    TheNest wrote: »
    The TS4 team mentioned a lot about the Weirder Stories tagline throught the pre-release of the game, even putting it as part of the original tag line. My question is why, after 4+ months of the game being out, is there no place to upload stories and/or even video to like the Exchange of games past? Surely, people would want to share those stories, because it's really no fun if you make a story and have no one to read it? Is this one of those cases of it being "too hard" to do as well? Is it because you fear of all of the nasty stories that would be uploaded like the Exchange of game's past? If the latter is the case, then wouldn't the solution to that be actual moderation to make sure the nasty stuff gets taken down quickly? Is it because you don't like all the terrible stories people write? In this case, some people like myself actually LIKE to read terrible stories, just to make fun up and laugh at people writing something very terrible.

Let's just hope that the Weirder Stories doesn't become yet another squandered feature that is of TS4.

Interesting point of view @TheNest. Weirder Stories is still an important part of TS4 and you are right, we have not built great tools to share and exchange those. We actually talk a lot about that and it is something we want to invest in, a part of the foundation we want to expand. We are actually not afraid at all of the stories people might share. I'm constantly impressed by the stories I've seen historically come from Sims games. I don't fear a nasty story any more than "nasty" custom content (which we do have moderation tools in place for). And I'm all for fans creating terrible, wonderful, silly or dark stories if that's what they want to do. The key point is creating something meaningful TO YOU. I can't promise when or what we'll make, but this is an area we think is important too.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited February 2015
    hello simguru lindsay,

If in a new world or future expansionpack or gamepack is added and includes a new world i would so love to see a version of this house this was my grandmother former house if you need pictures of the inside and the floor plans i can send them to you via pm

122l17k.jpg

Thank you

Edit: SimGuruLindsays check you private message you will see the floor plan of the house i just posted thank you
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Vrooman123Vrooman123 Posts: 36 Member
    In the Go to work EP will there be a retail store where gardening items can be sold, Selling flowers and produce?
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh and my gnome did something cute in game yesterday oh and im sorry i edited my previous post for my questions im sorry. Can you go back over it again lol. I kind of panicked cause these thngs are pressed for time.

Also for the ambition careers have you considered using the wider area of public spaces for the problem with constant loading of lots to catch criminals. Such as things like stake outs etc. Or even exploring options where simmers can freeze time at home as i would hate for my house to continue play without me in case i miss something. There is a wide variety of careers to choose from but i am a bit a lot of simmer are the kind that like to play them all. I'm mentioning this as something to the team to consider the players experience when performing these careers. I think my main concern is breaking up player immersion where they can do a bit of everything and not have to constantly be jumping from lot to lot. yet not have to worry about at home. As honestly i get people like the whole notification thing telling them what's going on. I don't. If i can't play it i don't like it so i really have to have the option of playing my family and i rather the time freeze at home while im away than to keep going, since it's not open world.

I love the idea of the new ep i think sims 4 could explore a strong suite of hands on play through expansions. Especially with zoo's, aquariums, vacation spots, etc. I hope these are something you consider for the future, of offering new content that fit with an old theme of play that i think many simmers would enjoy.

Screenshot-54_zps57f86a00.jpg
    matrix54 wrote: »
    Just two questions: In 'Get To Work', Is it possible for player Sims to shop from another business in the world, or is it strictly operate only? Part of the fun of having different shops around town was actually being able to use them, not just run them.

Also, are we allowed to sell produce, fish, etc. or are we limited to build/buy, special objects, outfits and cooked/baked food?

Thank you for your time. :)

You can visit an NPCs shop. And we'll be talking more about what exactly you can sell (spoiler alert: A lot)
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    9b8ll wrote: »
    Hey, Thanks for having the time to chat with us gurus! :)

Three I have three questions. In GTW you have since you can choose the Businesses careers I was wondering can you choose you own custom outfits for employees like in Sims 3 showtime where like you could choose any outfit to wear to work? I would hope you can do that? I hope that you can do this to all careers in the future one day.

Speaking if Retail and business side of GTW I hope you do a Create a world tool one day too where you can have lots of Shopping Districts!? Imagine worlds created by Talented people from the Sims 3 like @Rflong7 and more to come create custom districts and more in the Sims 4.

Finally I have a Problem/bug in offline mode where I can't see any CC item that I made in the Gallery but when I go on Online mode I can see the Advanced tag and my Sims that I Saved using CC items!

Congratulations on being the first person to post today and with such good questions :)

Yes, you can choose your own employee outfits for the active careers in GTW.
    I love the idea of having players create custom districts. Who knows what might be possible in the future.
    Not sure what is happening here but Gallery requires you to be online to access it. Not sure what you are seeing in offline mode. If you continue to have problems, please PM me with more information.

About the question of being on-line so you can get items that may include CC from the library, will that restriction be removed. We are not asking to scan the gallery while off-line but we should be able to get something that may contain CC from our library without needing filters and being on-line.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    I was wondering, can you open a Home Clinic, Private Office, Secret Lab and a Home Business or do all four career need to take place (Except I would assume Business) in the new lots?

Given the complexity of these careers people will be forced into a dilemma, sacrifice the point of the expansion pack in exchange of progressing the other household members since the lack of open worlds means we have to resort to using the very limiting Away Actions (even the skilling through that is barely noticeable).

I know this issue popped and I was wondering if it was re-priotized in order to make sure that I can safely go to the Police Station and be able to complete both Career Goals/Aspiration Goals/Other Goals at the same time.
  • ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    edited February 2015
    Now that there's a new creative director, will there be any action taken against the pregnant teen and children sims that are regularly being uploaded to the Gallery? I loaded my game and searched on the Gallery for about two minutes to find this gem, and it wasn't the only one of its kind...

EDIT: picture removed by moderator

I heard that Lyndsay Pearson brought up how the SimGurus disapprove of simmers using anatomically correct skins in a recent interview... What is their position on this, and why are they allowing such negative content to take over their Gallery?
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Hello dear SimGurus! It's awesome that you announced the Get To Work expansion pack! I have some questions for it:
    - Can our Sims now go to the open hospital venue to give birth to a baby? If not, why? (What I mean is that I hope that we will get some Story Progression features with this EP)
    - Can we make our own hospitals and other workplaces? If not, why?
    - Are there any cash register animations? Or are there shopping bags for Sims?
    - Are there any new things for children in this EP?
    And now some other things:
    - Can you PLEASE check out my Hybrid EP ideas thread for The Sims 4? Thank you if you can <3 it's this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13289911#Comment_13289911
    - Are you planning some changes to the loading screens that we have now? They are so bright that they actually annoy some players/give them headache. I hope you understand that concern.
    - My other concern is that we don't have a world editor or builder at the moment. Could you try to make something like those for The Sims 4?
    - Also many players want to choose the color of the bedding separately, so more creativity options, please! (Color wheel for Create a Sim and some Build Mode features would be great)
    - I don't know if this has been reported/fixed, but there has been a bug that causes wedding cake (+plate) to disappear from Sim's hand when a just married couple "feeds" each other with the wedding cake.
    - Thank you for listening to our feedback! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top