Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Hybrid EP ideas

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
So I decided to make new suggestions for future EPs. I love the fact how Maxis is combining Ambitions (2nd Sims 3 EP) and Open For Business (3rd Sims 2 EP) in Get To Work EP for Sims 4. These could be made in a similar way:
THE SIMS 4: FARM LIFE
Your Sims can now live off the land and get some extra cash from doing hard work at their very own farm. But that's not all...your Sims can now have a huge variety of animals too! Create dogs, cats, horses, rodents, snakes and birds for your Sims and even play with one! You can also have pigs, cattle, sheep and even llamas to befriend with them.
Gameplay features:
- Create a variety of dogs, cats, horses, rodents, snakes, llamas and birds in the new, improved Create a Pet.
- Play as a dog, cat or a horse. Teach them tricks, train them as good as possible, and buy them all new animal objects and treats to make them happy. Beware though, as animals can be quite tricky sometimes!
- Pets can have traits too!
- Sims who are Animal Lovers are more likely to befriend with stray animals, such as dogs, cats and horses. When the friendship is strong enough, your Sim can even adopt a wild animal!
- Sell the harvestables your Sim has farmed at the Farmer's Market, or use them to cook with new recipes.
- Sims who love making mischief can now steal their neighbor's eggs or milk! But beware, The Farm Police is not that far away...
- All new animals: rabbits, llamas, sheep, pigs, chicken and cows.
- All new objects: tractors, new gardening objects, animal objects (f.e. the fish tank, the scrathing tree for cats etc.) and many more!
- New gardening harvestables (such as corn and sugar cane) and the return of the Green Houses
New venues:
- Equestrian Center
- Agility Center for cats and dogs
- Pet Show venue
- Farmer's Market
New animals:
- Dogs
- Cats
- Horses
- Sheep
- Turtles
- Llamas
- Birds (including parrots, owls, and smaller birds)
- Lizards
- Pigs
- Chicken
- Cows
- Rabbits
- Snakes
- Squirrels and other rodents
New skills:
- Agriculture
- Riding
- Zoology (Sims can learn everything they want to know about animals!)
New active careers:
- Vet
- Farmer
- Equestrian
New non-active career:
- Zoologist
New traits:
- Born Farmer
- Equestrian (Sim who has this trait will learn Riding skill faster and gets better along with horses)
- Animal Lover (this trait will be useful for Sims who are vets or zoologists)
- Dog Person
- Cat Person
World features:
- New farm world: Go to the Old Town to a Pet Store or to a Dog Park, or take your cat or your cute little rabbit to the new Pet Show to win new prizes for your Sims or your pets. Also includes a huge horse park with an equestrian center.
- Bigger lots: a huge world needs huge lots too! You can now create lots that are bigger than 50x50!

EDIT: I think we also need to think about more possible EP ideas that could be combined. Here are some more ideas:

THE SIMS 4: JOURNEY AROUND THE WORLD
Your Sim can now explore the world! Go to the mysterious Egypt, where there are huge pyramids that are waiting for you to explore them, to beautiful – and sometimes even creepy – Amazon's rainforest, where you can see lots of water creatures, or just go to relax at the beautiful Australian beach and build your own vacation home! And who knows, maybe you can even find a way to go to the mysterious Asia to learn all new (but ancient) Martial Arts skills, and find your true calling!
Gameplay features:
- Your Sims can now travel around the world! Go to Egypt, Asia, Amazon's rainforest, or Australia. They can even have a fun canoe ride, see jumping kangaroos in Australia, and possibly find Mummies!
- You can build your own hotels, or simply vacation at one! How can your Sim run a hotel?
- See the huge landmarks, such as the Pyramids, Sphinx, or the Mayan temples. Who knows, what treasures your Sims can find while they're off home!
- Buy souvenirs at the local market, such as post cards, little items (such as a mini pyramid or a snake toy).
- Let your Sim find their true love from abroad, and experience how their culture can spread to your Sim's home world!
New careers:
- Archaeologist
- Researcher (of exotic places)
New animals:
- Camels
- Snakes
- New fish
- Crocodile
- Kangaroos
- Mini-Pandas
- Monkeys
New life state:
- Mummy

THE SIMS 4: FAMILY LIFE
Now your Sims can have a huge variety of new hobbies and fun for every generation! Awaken your Sims' true passions in life as they discover and excel at all-new activities. Whether they're tossing a football with the family, practicing ballet, playing in a band with friends, or hand crafting artsy home décor, your Sims now have more ways to build skills, enhance friendships and make their lives more successful. Your Sims can now also make pranks to other Sims, and teens can have exciting prom night at the new School venue. And who knows, maybe your Sims can even discover new ways to help their younger family members as well!
Gameplay features:
- New, improved Hobby system.
- New traits: Rebellious, Nurturing etc.
- Your Sims now have tons of new ways to have fun, as well as an all new life stage: pre-teens.
- Kids can now go to Boarding Schools, and do Home Schooling.
- Teens can get pimples.
- Adults can experience mid-life crisis.
- Parents can now sing to their little babies or toddlers (toddlers should come via an update for free) to soothe them.
- New creative tools and Build Mode features, including the return of the Color Wheel.
Sims can now join in all new Hobby Clubs, such as the Gardening Club, Culinary Club and Geek Club.
- Kids, Pre-teens and Teens can go to After School Clubs.
- Your Sims now have the ability to participate in all new competitions, and win amazing prizes.
- All new instruments, such as Flute, Drums, Synthesizer and Saxophone.
- Improved Emotion and Memory system: your Sim can now easily remember what happened in their past, for example, as a child.

THE SIMS 4: CITY LIVING
It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!
Gameplay features:
- Your Sims can now move to all new lot types, such as high rise buildings, apartments and lofts. You can even create your own apartments with the new Build Mode features!
- Cars and motorcycles will return, along with taxis. There will be even whole new vehicles, such as buses and trains.
- New features, such as luxury living, rent mates, and the apartment life system.
- Improved Dating system
- New venues, such as Classic Restaurants (if you have Get To Work installed, you can even run your OWN restaurant!), Night Clubs and Down Town Shopping Mall.
- New skills, such as Driving and Dancing.
- More romantic interactions, also more group activities (and the return of the Persuasion interactions)
- Huge new city world, including lots of lots (literally xD)

THE SIMS 4: TIME MACHINE
Step into the time machine to explore different time periods! Now your Sims can go to the past and the future. They can even affect to their present actions by doing some things differently if they travel to their past - however, your Sims can cause chaos if they don't play their cards right!
Gameplay features:
- Go to the past or to the future. Explore different time periods, such as Pre-Historic era (dinosaurs, cave men, Wheel Inventing skill, Fire Lighting skill etc.), Medieval era (Sword Fighting skill, castles, etc.) Steampunk era (ship building, industries, Inventing skill etc.), Wild West era (Gold Mining skill, pubs, etc.) Classic era (1920s, Jazz culture, etc.), and the Future era (Advanced Technology skill, hoverboards, flying cars, Plumbots etc.)
- Investigate historic mysteries that span across generations, discover the mystery in the present or the future and then go back in time to solve it.
- Play new careers and learn new skills from the past or future.
- Use modern or futuristic skills to fix problems or cure illnesses.
- Change your Sim's past, present or the future, but beware, your Sim may mess things up!
- Explore your Sim's family history and their possible future.
- Find rare and valuable collectibles by time traveling.

THE SIMS 4: MOTHER NATURE
Nothing beats the fresh air and sunshine of the great outdoors! Get your Sims out of the house and into the beauty of nature by moving into an all new world, Woodland Peaks, where there are whole new things to explore and see, such as the new beach and Festival venues. Now your Sims can also explore the changing of seasons. Seasonal festivities, outdoor attire, and new activities like skiing, sunbathing, and face painting guarantee that Sims will have plenty to do no matter what the temperature is outside.
Gameplay features:
- Explore the changing of the weather, including raining, smog, snowing and sunshining. Your Sims can now get a gorgeous tan – or a horrible sunburn.
- All new outdoor activities, including skiing, mountain biking, kayaking, archery and building a snowman or an igloo.
- Sims can now swim in the ocean!
- Your Sims can go to watch birds, or they can even go to the Motocross Race Festival in Woodland Peaks to try the latest vehicles.
- Build a trailer for your Sims, or a beautiful summer cabin in front of the sea.

THE SIMS 4: WORLD OF EDUCATION
Your Sims can now experience the joys of kindergartens, exciting elementary school days, crazy college life and start a new path in their lives as teachers.
Gameplay features:
- Toddlers can go to kindergarten to learn new things.
- Kids can go to elementary school, experience horrible exam days, and make new friends. Once they are in a upper grade, they will age into preteens.
- Teens can go to high school, and find new love interests or even enemies.
- Teens and older can go to university, study arts, literature, science, business and other majors.

So what do you think? :D
What I think is that it's totally possible that Maxis could make this big expansion packs for The Sims 4, and I don't really mind if they didn't release them for a long time. They can plan these expansion packs to be as high quality as possible. Also since they will release the Get To Work expansion pack soon that includes both new active careers and ability to build our own shops, I think it's pretty likely that Maxis is considering combining some ideas to HUGE EP's! :D
EDIT: I removed the Fame and Wellness idea from the list because we are getting Wellness as a game pack, called Spa Day. I also changed the University Life because the should release a full education themed EP in my opinion.
Post edited by ULIBABA66 on

Comments

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I like the first one a lot. I'm not terribly into the small animals (birds, rabbits, etc), but I could see the appeal for others. I would love to be able to manage a farm. It would be cool to be able to run your own farm stand! Where I grew up, there was one and we'd stop there every day for corn, lettuce, fruit, pies, honey, etc. It was amazing! I would love for that to be an addition.

As for your other one...I like the idea of the health and wellness center. They had spas in Sims 3 and it would be if, in this game, we could actually be someone who runs one!

Great ideas :)
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    So I decided to make new suggestions for future EPs. I love the fact how Maxis is combining Ambitions and Open For Business in Get To Work EP for Sims 4. These could be made in a similar way:
    THE SIMS 4: FARM LIFE
    Your Sims can now live off the land and get some extra cash from doing hard work at their very own farm. But that´s not all...your Sims can now have a huge variety of animals too! Create dogs, cats, horses, rodents, snakes and birds for your Sims and even play with one! You can also have pigs, cattle, sheep and even llamas to befriend with them.
    FEATURES:
    - Create a variety of dogs, cats, horses, rodents, snakes, llamas and birds in the new, improved Create a Pet.
    - Play as a dog, cat or a horse. Teach them tricks, train them as good as possible, and buy them all new animal objects and treats to make them happy. Beware though, as animals can be quite tricky sometimes!
    - New farm world: Go to the Old Town to a Pet Store or to a Dog Park, or take your cat or your cute little rabbit to the new Pet Show to win new prizes for your Sims or your pets.
    - All new animals: turtles, rabbits, llamas, sheep, pigs, chicken and cows.
    - All new objects: tractors, new gardening objects, animal objects (f.e. the fish tank) and many more!
    - New skills: Farming, Riding, Pet Training
    - New active careers: Vet and Equestrian
    - New gardening harvestables (such as corn)

THE SIMS 4: FAME AND WELLNESS
    Experience the rise to fame with your Sims! Have your Sim become the latest A-List actress, star pop singer, super model, dancer or hot shot film director. You’ll also be able to share films you create on the Gallery for other fans to enjoy. If living the life of a star isn’t your thing, you can participate in all new wellness activities including emotionally soothing massages, mud baths, acupuncture, steam room saunas, and personal training, or become a freelance photographer and make a fortune taking pictures as a paparazzi.
    FEATURES:
    Become a Celebrity: Climb the celebrity ladder to fame and fortune. Manage your image and online persona, sign autographs, enjoy the adoration of fans, or hide from the paparazzi.
    Acting Career: Your Sims will be able to perfom in their own movies - including action adventure, comedies, musicals, and silent films.
    Singing Career: Train those vocal chords to perfection. Or don’t! Being a pop singer isn’t just about being able to sing - you have to have the popularity to back it up.
    Film Directing Career: Produce that latest indie art film, or go all out for this season’s blockbuster. When it’s complete, share it on the Gallery, and have your real life firends vote you to fame!
    Fashion Designer and Fashion Model Careers: Your Sims can become talented super models, or latest fashion designers. You can even design your own clothes with the new Create a Style for Clothing feature.
    Personal Trainer: You can help other Sims to live a happier and healthier life with the new Personal Trainer career.
    Dancer: Your Sims can be back dancers in the latest music videos, or be actual professional dancers to entertain other Sims in parties.
    Photography: Take award winning photos to help celebrities improve their image or utilize your camera to catch celebrity Sims in awkward situations as a paparazzi.
    Movie Theaters: Your Sims can now go to watch the latest blockbusters or experimental indie art films to an all new Movie Theather venue.
    Hollywood Parties: Throw exclusize parties and control the exclusive guest list to ensure only the A list can attend.
    Explore the Studio Backlot: Explore the Studio Backlot to discover different stages and props to utilize in your different films.
    Personal Training: Your Sims are now able to develop an all new Personal Training skill to help other Sims in their life.
    Health and Wellness Center: You’ll have the opportunity to open and manage a wellness center to spread health and happiness, while earning some extra Simoleons in the process. And who knows, maybe your Sim can even see some celebrities there, or even some magical beings...

So what do you think? :D

I like all your ideas and as most of them were done in various games don't see why they couldn't be done again.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited February 2015
    I updated the original post :D expect more updates soon! ;)
    Post edited by ULIBABA66 on
  • KevaLillyKevaLilly Posts: 108 Member
    All great ideas! Anything that has anything to do with animals I love. :smile:
    My Story Site! - Featuring my Sims 4 series, Dawning of The Drensker, as well as other stories and treats!

My YouTube Channel

My Twitter Page
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I always wanted farm animals!

And how TS3 handled Late Night and Showtime, Late Night and Supernatural, LN and Uni, Ambitions and Into the future was horrible.
    My world had too many bars(LN and Showtime),
    Vampires were sold twice,
    had stars(LN) and geek and such levels(Uni) hovering above my sims
    and I invented a time machine that won't take me to the future(time machine being not a part of Into the future but Ambitions).

I think EA should plan these things and make them look like a game by one developer. TS3 looked very messy like I was running mods from various developers.
    sallone wrote: »
    I always wanted farm animals!

And how TS3 handled Late Night and Showtime, Late Night and Supernatural, LN and Uni, Ambitions and Into the future was horrible.
    My world had too many bars(LN and Showtime),
    Vampires were sold twice,
    had stars(LN) and geek and such levels(Uni) hovering above my sims
    and I invented a time machine that won't take me to the future(time machine being not a part of Into the future but Ambitions).

I think EA should plan these things and make them look like a game by one developer. TS3 looked very messy like I was running mods from various developers.

Did you like The Sims 2's EP's? And I agree that they should make the features and expansions more clear, cohesive and well planned out. There actually were some awesome ideas in those EP's, but they didn't live to the expectations in my opinion. However, Late Night's world, Bridgeport, looked AMAZING! I hope they can make a City Living EP better next time ;) maybe combine it with Apartment Life.
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    > @ULIBABA66 said:
    > sallone wrote: »
    >
    > I always wanted farm animals!
    >
    > And how TS3 handled Late Night and Showtime, Late Night and Supernatural, LN and Uni, Ambitions and Into the future was horrible.
    > My world had too many bars(LN and Showtime),
    > Vampires were sold twice,
    > had stars(LN) and geek and such levels(Uni) hovering above my sims
    > and I invented a time machine that won't take me to the future(time machine being not a part of Into the future but Ambitions).
    >
    > I think EA should plan these things and make them look like a game by one developer. TS3 looked very messy like I was running mods from various developers.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you like The Sims 2's EP's? And I agree that they should make the features and expansions more clear, cohesive and well planned out. There actually were some awesome ideas in those EP's, but they didn't live to the expectations in my opinion. However, Late Night's world, Bridgeport, looked AMAZING! I hope they can make a City Living EP better next time maybe combine it with Apartment Life.

Although I played every EP of TS1 and TS3, I skipped TS2. I've heard some EPs were awesome.
    I would like apartment life, but idk.... the disappointing current status of neighborhood system will not allow it to be awesome...
    Maybe an entire floor containing 4 houses and a penthouse become a neighborhood? And we get like 3~5 apartments?
    I would also love a Town Life expansion pack, that was mentioned in the EP survey. It would include more of a community feel than City Living, and Town Life also would include the ability to make our OWN worlds, and more world editing tools and venues. Would you like this kind of expansion? I would, it it was done right :)
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    If Farm Life's not gonna happen I'm rooting for The Sims 5. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Jk but still I've been wanting Farm Life since forever. The Sims 3 Store with those half-plum content never fulfilled my desire. T.T Since The Sims 4 doesn't have a Store anymore (possibly), here's to hoping Farm Life will happen in an expansion pack. T.T
    Great idea. :) Although as bias as it sounds, I'm hoping Farm Life would be an EP of its own, fully-fleshed out with tons of contents. Still waiting... T.T
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I would like to have a farm life game pack.
    Updated the original post with new EP hybrid ideas, including Time Travel and Seasons + Outdoor Life :D
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    I would like to have a farm life game pack.
    But don't you think that an expansion that includes two huge things, farming and animals, is a better idea? We would get more for the basic EP price ;)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not sure I like the hybrid ideas, because if they make them sepratly they could give more focus to a single theme, but individually your ideas are really good :)

I just think that greenhouses should be added again possibly in the farming EP :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like the hybrid ideas, because if they make them sepratly they could give more focus to a single theme, but individually your ideas are really good :)

I just think that greenhouses should be added again possibly in the farming EP :)
    If they made those EPs but didn't release some of them for a long time, I could definitely wait for quality content! :D
  • OnlyRivvilOnlyRivvil Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2015
    Maybe with bigger lots? Maybe I'm a greedy land owner, but I do miss big lots from Sims 3. Much more so when Pets allowed us to have horses. Over all maybe just another world with larger lots and a more country kind of feel. Where the best thing showing on Tuesday is tipping of the cows next door.

Or stealing your neighbors chicken eggs or pies they keep leaving sitting in the window
    Updated the original post once again :D it's so awesome that we all have so many amazing ideas for possible expansion packs for The Sims 4! :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like the all the suggestions and the farming one is my favourite. :)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Great suggestions!

I really hope City Living is the next EP. A downtown area would work SO well with The Sims 4's neighborhood setup. The downtown world could be programmed to always have much more Sims roaming about to make it feel like an actual, vibrant city rather than a post-apocalypse one like Sims 3.
  • juliet_montaguejuliet_montague Posts: 10 New Member
    I think weather and supernatural could be combined too seeing as they have so much to do with one another
    I think weather and supernatural could be combined too seeing as they have so much to do with one another

How so exacly? o.O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JessicaSidewaysJessicaSideways Posts: 46 Member
    Well, considering Vampires and the Sun, Faeries and the Moon, Zombies and the full moon... the weather does have an impact. For example, the sun isn't really out when it's raining, is it? How about when it's snowing heavily?
    edited February 2015
    Well, considering Vampires and the Sun, Faeries and the Moon, Zombies and the full moon... the weather does have an impact. For example, the sun isn't really out when it's raining, is it? How about when it's snowing heavily?

I see where you are going but...that doesn't necessarily mean they should be fused together, and in my opinion they really shouldn't! Supernatural and Seasons must be apart Expansions, forcing people to buy supernaturals for weather is senceless, all those lifestates for weather? No.

Plus they could just make it so if you have both when it rains vampires can walk on the streets freely, I have no idea where the issue is here really...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited February 2015
    THE SIMS 4: CITY LIVING
    THE SIMS 4: FAME AND WELLNESS
    THE SIMS 4: MOTHER NATURE
    THE SIMS 4: FAMILY LIFE

^ Those are my favorite (in order), and would honestly buy the first 3 if they actually came out (and my computer could handle it)!
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
    Updating the original post once again... :)
    By the way I'm very happy if you like my ideas, but it's totally OK to disagree as well ;) thank you for supporting my growing thread :D I am currently really inspired to continue improving the original post, so if you have any suggestions, please put them in your comments so that I could put them to the EP ideas in the original post :)
    I think that these ideas could very well become actually real expansion packs in the future, since it seems like EA is planning to combine several themes into one, like they did with Get To Work (Active Careers and ability to make your own shops). I hope they do, because if they made like 6 hybrid expansion packs, it would leave space for fresh ideas, all new EP's. I would love that kind of plan :)