Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    The first time I saw one of your works in the Gallery immediately fell in love with this. It was your starter - for me, not a house but small work of art. The beauty of your work is in the instinctive harmony and perfect balance proportions of the building. I love each of them and always look forward to your new work. ♥
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    That is a stunning farm house! <3 So spacious! Love the architecture and the pretty interiors. I love how you have mixed and matched different colours and patterns. Well done dear Cath! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*) (*) (*)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    StoneFence Farm is absolutely gorgeous. Great structure with fabulous contrasting exterior textures and colours. The rooms are all absolutely gorgeously decorated and furnished and I love the little waterfall effect from the rocks :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Well apparently I missed the chance to see the sneaky peak, oh well (darn you photobucket bandwidth whatchamathing!). :p

Stonefence Farm is brilliant Cath! I dunno what to say, it's all so well done! :o Very well executed request, I'm sure they'll be super happy with it! :D
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, you haven't posted it yet, but I already snagged your HGTV house from the Gallery, and just want to say how much I adore it! It's my favorite among the various HGTV dream house inspired builds I've seen. I love the proportions and when it comes to the interior, you always blow me away with all of your detailed touches. It probably goes without saying that I'm a fan of your water feature - perfectly executed. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • tyenetyene Posts: 65 Member
    Cath, I love your builds! Really lovely family homes. I like building family homes, too. Right now as a Mac user I couldn't play TS4, but I am eagerly waiting for February and I will start my own thread.

I love your houses, truly :D
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Ooooooh! That's ANOTHER beautiful looking build...can't wait 2 c more pics..I shall b waiting =)
    Thank you Vihisha! I have already put it on the gallery and just have to make a post with the pictures. Hopefully I can get that done soon! :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your coming new build looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The flower box windows look pretty! It looks nice how you have used the columns in the front entrance area. The plants look nice lining the front pathway edges. The windowed dormers are nice.
    I will forward to seeing the finished home :)
    Thank you Rose! I'm finished with the build now and am hoping to get the pictures added here in just a bit. :)

Cerrydd wrote: »
    Wow, that's grand! Looooove the landscaping, the tiny waterfall looks so cool! Love the flower you made with the carpets again, too cute. Master suite is gorgeous... and the bath tub with curtains is amazing. <3
    Next build is already looking awesome too!
    Thank you so much Cerry! I love that we can use MOO to help with landscaping. Hopefully they iron out all the bugs soon, so we don't have to worry about everything transferring properly.

Cassee wrote: »
    Oh, Ms Cath!! Stonefence Farm is just breathtaking. Gorgeous colors and some amazing MOOing. Do you have trouble with MOO objects staying put?? WIP is wonderful. Looking forward to finished lot.
    Thank you Cassee! I don't seem to be having too much trouble with the MOOed items staying, but I've been keeping a close eye on Bry's thread and I'm worried about whether downloaders are having trouble... I always try placing my builds on a bunch of different lots to see how everything does and so far, as long as I use the *bb.moveobjects* code when placing the build, everything pretty much seems to stay put. I hope it's the same for anyone who DL's *crosses fingers*.

BryonyRae wrote: »
    Beautiful work, Cath! Love the exterior and landscaping, the water feature (of course), and you did a lot of great work in the interior. You had such a large amount of space to fill - I don't envy you all that work! I like all the variety of styles you used, and you always have so many great little details and touches that help really make the space come alive. :)
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Cath, you haven't posted it yet, but I already snagged your HGTV house from the Gallery, and just want to say how much I adore it! It's my favorite among the various HGTV dream house inspired builds I've seen. I love the proportions and when it comes to the interior, you always blow me away with all of your detailed touches. It probably goes without saying that I'm a fan of your water feature - perfectly executed. :)
    Thank you times two, Bry! :p I appreciate your very kind comments on both builds, more than you know. :) Lol about the "various HGTV homes" :p I had mine done for a while, but was working on a couple of other builds at the same time, so hadn't taken the pics and edited yet. I have YOU to thank for the water feature idea. ;) Ever since I saw your Cool water feature in Moody Blues, I've been dying to try it out. B) I want you to know that I fully intend to give you credit for that Awesome idea! I should have the pics for this home plus my latest little cabin up, pretty soon. Thanks again Bry! :D
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    StoneFence Farm is ultimately gorgeous and grand! :D
    I really love your architecture. Very great roof-line and mixture of bricks and sidings. I also adore your landscaping very much, especially with your customized pond. Very great choices and placements of plants, and I also liked your hedging and pool. And your interior, very amazing and adorable! I like your eye-popping colorful design in every part of interior design.
    If @Chezs‌ really loves it, I really love it too! I'm not sure I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    Thank you so much Rye! Your comments are always so positive and kind! :) I hope Chezs likes it too! ;)

kreatora wrote: »
    The first time I saw one of your works in the Gallery immediately fell in love with this. It was your starter - for me, not a house but small work of art. The beauty of your work is in the instinctive harmony and perfect balance proportions of the building. I love each of them and always look forward to your new work. ♥
    Kreatora, this is one of the Best comments I've ever received. :) Thank you so very much for this and for all your comments on the Gallery. I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. :D
    yanti68 wrote: »
    That is a stunning farm house! <3 So spacious! Love the architecture and the pretty interiors. I love how you have mixed and matched different colours and patterns. Well done dear Cath! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*) (*) (*)
    Thank you so much Yanti, my friend! I am so relieved to hear that your husband is better! I hope the very best for your Mum with her surgery. I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. <3<3

masajo wrote: »
    StoneFence Farm is absolutely gorgeous. Great structure with fabulous contrasting exterior textures and colours. The rooms are all absolutely gorgeously decorated and furnished and I love the little waterfall effect from the rocks :D
    Thank you Masajo! :) It's so nice to be able to play around with landscaping, now that we have MOO. :D

Well apparently I missed the chance to see the sneaky peak, oh well (darn you photobucket bandwidth whatchamathing!). :p
    Stonefence Farm is brilliant Cath! I dunno what to say, it's all so well done! :o Very well executed request, I'm sure they'll be super happy with it! :D
    Lol, TGL! :p I'm the one who screwed up the pic. I was rearranging all my pics for that build, and must have accidentally gotten rid of the one I had in that post. (need the embarrassed emoji here, haha) Thank you for the lovely comments on the farm house! I'll be getting the pics for the new build up ASAP. :)
    tyene wrote: »
    Cath, I love your builds! Really lovely family homes. I like building family homes, too. Right now as a Mac user I couldn't play TS4, but I am eagerly waiting for February and I will start my own thread.
    I love your houses, truly :D
    Hi Tyene, it's very nice to meet you! Thank you for the wonderful comments! :D I too, am a Mac user. I didn't think Maxis was even thinking about a mac version of the game, so back in Sept, I started investigating Boot Camp. I was terrified of adding the program myself, so I took my desktop to the Mac store and got help from their Genius bar. I am thrilled with how well it works! :D Now I don't have to worry about getting the mac version of the game. If you think you have enough memory on your computer, it might be an option for you. I will however, be very interested to know how the game works for macs, once it comes out. Good luck with whichever way you choose to go! :D
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Cape On The Vineyard 4br, 5ba.
    Lot Size: 30x40
    Cost: $296.368
    No CC

Gallery Link

I saw the 2015 HGTV Dream Home and fell in love. <3 Then I saw that it was built on Martha's Vineyard and made sure to get my entry in right away. :p I kept pretty close to the original floor plan but added an extra bedroom on the Master suite side of the home and put in a study, where the garage should be on the left side. The living room, dining room and kitchen are open concept. The back yard has a nice sized patio, an outdoor kitchen, play area, small raised vegetable and fruit garden and pool with a really cool water feature. I got the idea for the water feature from @BryonyRae. She built an Absolutely Stunning two tier water feature in her Moody Blues. :o (*) (*) (*) As soon as I saw hers, I knew I had to try it out myself. ;) Mine is nowhere near as intricate and interesting as hers, but I had fun with it anyway. :p

Before I post my pictures, I would like to give accolades to two Awesome builders from whom I *borrowed* ideas.
    @BryonyRae for her Fabulous water feature, in her Moody Blues :)
    And @Chris2fer03 for his cool idea to use a bookcase as the headboard for a bed, in two of his builds. I used the one from his Cedar Creek Cabin :)

Home views:
    01-27-15_7-39nbspPM_zpsgaeedoth.png
    01-27-15_7-39nbspPM-2_zpsfrttveep.png
    01-24-15_9-34nbspPM_zps0ubq1gnw.png

Overhead views:
    01-25-15_6-55nbspPM_zpssehaohfh.png
    01-25-15_6-56nbspPM_zpsbyhjpepk.png

Backyard:
    01-26-15_8-31nbspPM_zps8hfduaxq.png
    01-26-15_8-29nbspPM_zpscusdzuh5.png
    01-26-15_8-32nbspPM_zpsqegndeah.png

Main Living area:
    01-24-15_10-03nbspPM_zpslgewt9yq.png
    01-27-15_6-34nbspPM_zpsgmodney8.png
    01-24-15_10-04nbspPM_zpswnnuanav.png
    01-27-15_6-33nbspPM-2_zpsp4iya1bx.png

Master en suite:
    01-27-15_6-41nbspPM_zps1cymuyx0.png
    01-25-15_5-52nbspPM_zpseta96yoe.png

Master walk in closet and bath:
    01-27-15_6-58nbspPM_zps2txqpk7w.png
    01-27-15_6-59nbspPM_zpsrqtqegg5.png
    01-25-15_5-52nbspPM-2_zps2ief7xtl.png

Guest Suite:
    01-25-15_6-54nbspPM_zpso6hiv2qr.png
    01-25-15_6-54nbspPM-2_zpsaafxjdkl.png
    01-27-15_6-40nbspPM-2_zpsc00whdm7.png

On the left wing of the home is the study and children's en suite bedrooms. Here is the study and an extra bath:
    01-25-15_7-00nbspPM_zpse3uhyb6k.png
    01-27-15_7-11nbspPM_zps1cpwoblu.png
    01-24-15_10-06nbspPM_zpsmhibzyhz.png

And the kids bedrooms. They each have their own private bath. I didn't include pictures because they're on the smallish side but each does include a shower:
    01-25-15_7-04nbspPM_zps7uimdftc.png
    01-27-15_6-36nbspPM-3_zpsxhghjuki.png
    01-27-15_6-38nbspPM-2_zpst4ibeocd.png
    01-27-15_6-38nbspPM_zpsbvtvms5m.png

Once again, I would like to thank both Bry and Chris for their Awesome building ideas! (*) (*) (*) I hope you don't mind my borrowing them guys. o:)

Thank you for stopping in for a look!

Good Night!
    01-24-15_9-26nbspPM_zpsrahuytcc.png
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Wow Cath it is beautiful dear!! I'll get it fav'd for you sweetie!!
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Gorgeous Ms Cath!! Some interesting MOOing going on. LOVE the closet. ♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    It's beautiful :D I really like how you seem to pick all the things that work so well together, from exterior wallpaint, interior colours to landscaping. Cool MOOing with the shelves. I adore that row of action figures in one of the kids bedrooms :D And of course, the water feature looks great!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Cape on the Vineyard is a very nice home! :) The exterior design and layout of the home is very nice ! Very nice roofing! The open shutter flower box windows in the front exterior look pretty and the windowed dormers are nice. The flowers, rocks and plants look nice lining the front pathway edges and the edges of the home. Nice porchway entrance to the home. The textures of the exterior are nice. Very nice back pool and outdoors living and dining patio of the home! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy playing chess on the poolside chess table. The water feature in the pool is very nice! The flowers look nice how you have placed them either sides of the pool. Very nice outdoors kitchen alcove. Sims will enjoy cooking meals there and eating them in the sunshine at the umbrella covered table. Sims will enjoy sitting on the bar stools having a drink from the bar. It looks nice how you have done a number of back porch steps there, with plants in between the steps. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the tv and fireplace! It looks great how you have placed the sofa and armchairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats having a chat, warming up by the fire and enjoy watching tv together. The tea set on the coffee table, plates on the wall and the grandfather clock in the corner of the room are nice homely touches, and the flowers on the table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. It looks nice how you have placed the lamps on the wall near the clock. The type of curtains that you have used in the room area looks nice. Nice open plan living, dining and kitchen. Very nice design of the kitchen! The way you have placed the kitchen cabinets looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the two sets of three fruit pictures on the wall, to create a great look. There are lots of great details through the home! Nice diming area. The flower on the table top is nice for sins to see when dining there. Great bar alcove for sims to enjoy getting a drink from the bar to have with their meals. It looks nice that you have placed mirrors on the wall there. The island kitchen bar stool counter is great for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools there. The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The master suite is very nice! The green colour of the walls looks nice and calming and lavender patterned bed looks nice wuth the colour of the walls. The bookcase bedhead looks great! The picture on the bedhead wall and the flowers on the dresser are nice for sims to see when laying in bed. Very nice fireplace and tv watching sitting area in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting in the seating there, having a read and watching tv. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace. Very nice master walk in clothes and shoes closet! The vanity table there looks nice! The sunflowers picture are pretty on the wall for the sims to enjoy seeing, and nice corner full length mirror nook. The master bathroom is very nice! It is grear that you have double sinks there. It looks very nice how you have placed the items on the bathroom wall shelves! The curtains in the room look nice. Very nice guest suite! The green and black colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. Very nice study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. It looks very nice how you have places the bookshelves on the wall in front of the table for sims to see when sitting at the table. Nice armchairs side wall sitting area. The scenic picture on the wall adds a nice look in the room. Very nice furnishing of and layout of the study! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases there! Very nice study desk alcove! Nice armchairs fireplace sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting reading a book in front of the fire. The books and clock on thr fireplace ledge are nice homely touches there. It looks nice that you have placed a picture on the fireplace wall for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there, and the lamps and plsnts look nice placed either sides of the picture and fireplace. Very nice furnishing of the kids bedrooms! It looks nice how you have placed the beds in the rooms. It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves on the wall in the first kids bedroom and have the animal pictures either side of them. It looks very nice how you have placed the birds on the tree in the corner bedhead nook wall in the room! Great computer study desk area in the room. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases on the bedheads in the other kids bedroom.
    It is a very nice home ! :)
  • LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    First and foremost Cath - I really love your builds! From one Sim architect to another Sim architect *tips hat with respect*

Second, Cape on the Vineyard is so perfect! I've been to the new Dream House and have spent numerous summers on The Vineyard. Thus, I am extremely, first hand, familiar with the architecture throughout the island. You've nailed the Dream House! The build itself couldn't be better. I'm just so impressed with your version. When I looked at your pictures I thumbed through the pictures I had taken on my trip and was blown away at the vast similarities and realism. Again, GREAT AWESOME FABULOUS JOB!

Or as we say on the island, "WICKED COOL!"
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wowser! Cath, you are on a roll! Love the latest builds, so much character with impeccable attention to detail! StoneFence Farm is gorgeous, I love the grand exterior and the elegant decor you've chosen for the interior. Your HGTV inspired build, Cape on the Vineyard is stunning! I love every detail about it! You should have your own sim version of an HGTV show! "This week on WrathofCath" Ha! :p Hope you and your family are well, keeping warm in the snow. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cath -- your version of the HGTV Dream Home is lovely! I agree with Chris -- This Week on WrathofCath is an awesome idea :-)

I hope you don't mind but I have been working on a version of the same home -- GMTA, I guess. I have been going back and forth between that and my request build for Tanu so who knows when I'll get it done. Although, tomorrow is a snow day so maybe I can get one or the other one of them finished.

Great work, dear! Faved.
    h2xmsbl]
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I love how the backyard is set up...it's part of the landscaping etc that I ALWAYS seem 2 struggle with heh...very nice clean lines...looks great! I like how u use double mirrors like in the closet above the vanity or above the dressers...nice idea there. Great Build..added 2 Faves!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Cape on the Vineyard is super fabulous! I already saw and faved it in the gallery. :D
    I haven't knew HGTV before, but I really love those eye-popping design inside and out. Love that architecture and your pool area is very amazing too! It's great that you borrowed Bry's and Chris' idea in your build. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Wow, Cape in the Vineyard is simply awesome: The Interior, the pool, the backyard, simply all :smiley:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Another Gorgeous creation! You're on fire girl! :D

• petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Great job on Stone Fence Farm and Cape in the Vineyard! I especially love Cape in the Vineyard. Got them favorited.
    sigg.gif

• follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Cape on the Vineyard is a stunning build , wonderful use of MOO very inspiring. The decor is beautiful, I love the little touches like the books above the bedhead. Elegant landscaping suits the build perfectly. Hugs Folly
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOWZA Cath! <3 Your new builds just took my breath away! :o What a fabulous build! Loving the architecture and the roof work! How did you do the fountain thing near the pool? Very creative! All the rooms inside are decorated to perfection too! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*) (*) (*)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Cape on the Vineyard is absolutely stunning, everything about this build is awesome, love it :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • ChezsChezs Posts: 19 Member
    Thankyou for taking my request. I didn't have internet for a while so I couldn't reply. I love it though. Thanks :)