Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Delayed to FY 2016

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Some people on twitter that found out arn't that alarmed. Their just thinking around April 1st since it's fiscal 2016. Actually I don't think it will be too much later now maybe April or May. It's just January so.

Isn't April 1st the beginning of FY 2016 for EA? I'd be surprised if the delay til FY 2016 meant that it would come out on the very first day. More likely it will be a few months in at least.

Haha, I hope that's true for the community. However on April 1st which is April Fools Day btw, but I will still be like this:

sTr546k.gif
    tumblr_mnar6evbtu1s9pzsmo1_400.gif

I can't wait.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    You guys, the article specifically said "some time in FY2016" It could be not in the beginning of the fiscal year but it could also be the very last.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    You guys, the article specifically said "some time in FY2016" It could be not in the beginning of the fiscal year but it could also be the very last.

Yeah, you know that and so do I but if the silence continues without any word to say otherwise then on April 1, the forums will explode with all the speculation and hopes dashed. Just wait and see. I am blaming their new PR system of not talking about anything until it happens.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    blewis823 wrote: »

Yeah, you know that and so do I but if the silence continues without any word to say otherwise then on April 1, the forums will explode with all the speculation and hopes dashed. Just wait and see. I am blaming their new PR system of not talking about anything until it happens.
    I think it already started since yesterday afternoon lol!
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/3905585764x0x805234/BE08DDDD-026A-4C22-A1DC-0D5ECAF58B18/Q3_FY15_Earnings_Script.pdf

EA execs discussing their earnings. This is a transcript of what was originally a phone interview yesterday. The Sims 4 is mentioned a few times. Worth a read.

Thanks for posting the link, it is well worth a read.

I agree with a lot of what has been said above, it would be good to get some official feedback on what is happening.
    @Glimmer50 yes it would be nice to think they are putting some of that sand back.
  • linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Oh my... That sound really really bad I think, even more if some here said that one of the guru have said that they don't have funds and apparently no creative director is true :\

But it's really entertaining to see Sims 4's life unfold like that before us, even more than the game itself :#
    And it's partly why I'm staying here : I have a lot of fun reading the comments, speculations and everything like that, you're all greats guys, I often laugh a lot when I read the forums XD

And at the same time, it's sad to see a great game with whom a lot of us grew up in that state :'(

Poor game, what have they done to him :'(

And I agree, their silence isn't helping at all, and only make the situation worse : we're just getting more and more angry and warry of them, and we don't really trust what they say anymore when they say something :\

It's not good at all that they didn't say anything about that delay, and apparently it's two EP who got delayed if I understood some comment :\
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Let's be logical here.

They are not gonna delay an Expansion Pack till March 2016. You'd have to be smoking something REALLY strong in order to think that.
    (And if you are, can I have some pls) :p
  • shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    This is unfortunate news, I think TS4 does have potential to be a great game and hopefully this delay is a good thing. But a part of me thinks that if TS4 fails and is abandoned there will be no Sims 5. TS4 already has budget issues coming off of TS3 which was an amazing success. It's very clear EA doesn't care about The Sims franchise and is yanking their budget. IMO that is why the game was released missing so much and rushed. I think EA gave them a small budget and a deadline and told them "make it work or cancel the franchise". Hopefully we can get another patch with better features, or a game pack that gives us some more activities for our Sims.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    EA take as much time as you need to make TS4's first EP "right"! I would rather get something that works and doesn't break what we already have :p ...of course I haven't even played my game in months and didn't buy Outdoor Retreat (yet). :#
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Let's be logical here.

They are not gonna delay an Expansion Pack till March 2016. You'd have to be smoking something REALLY strong in order to think that.
    What if it did? What are you guys gonna do now? :\
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member

Let's be logical here.

Play 2 and 3 whilst checking in here to find out about upcoming free content patches and gamepacks.

There's a Sims 4 magazine launching in February. That's bound to have some info about the future.
  • PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    edited January 2015
    ^.^
    Post edited by Pyliathesunelf on
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member

Let's be logical here.

I will just continue to wait as I have been since Sept. In the meantime I will purchase Sims 3 content to round out my collection and to show EA while I don't like Sims 4 I still love the franchise and the Sims.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    mortia wrote: »
    Nah

Yall are forgetting the upcoming Holiday Season. EA would be foolish to cancel TS4. Trust me there will be an expansion pack coming out by the holiday season.

And how much of a difference do you think this past Holiday Season made for TS4? The foolish thing to do would be to continue ignoring bugs and empty gameplay issues and continue churning out Game Packs and Stuff Packs which are a bandaid at best and at worst introduce a whole new bucket of bugs to not be fixed.

I think this is a smart move. Hopefully, they'll focus their time on creating an EP that could potentially win back their alienated fanbase. Cause if they don't, this game will officially be roadkill. And frankly, they should take as long as they need to make things right.

According to EA's report, Q3 (which includes the holiday season) saw a significant drop in PC profits despite there being higher profits overall as compared to the previous year. I have no clue the reason for the drop, but their PC games definitely aren't following the same trend as their console games. This could be because of lackluster sales of Sims 4, or it could be due to fewer pc games being released this year (no clue if they have or haven't) or a host of other reasons.
  • linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Some peoples say that the situation of the gaming industry right now is starting to look more and more like in the heighties, when the gaming industry fell apart :\
    If it's true, it's really looking bad :\

I'm curious to see what that EP is, or more likely was, because that delay, with the absence of an artistic director mean that he's probably going to be reworked almost, if not, from scratch...
    And it's also maybe the case for the other EP, since some said that another EP was delayed too is true :\

If only they were communicating more with us like we want so much by making threads after threads about our worries, wishes, wants and speculations, with our attempts to reach them...
    But no, they stay silent, and it's a really bad idea given the situation :\
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Some people on twitter that found out arn't that alarmed. Their just thinking around April 1st since it's fiscal 2016. Actually I don't think it will be too much later now maybe April or May. It's just January so.

I'm thinking maybe May -- which would put it at 8 months past when base game came out; that's just a couple of months later than we got the first EPs for other Sims games. Remember, they're now having to write the code for two different operating systems, since they've got the Mac version coming out next month; that could be causing some delays if they're intending to release both the Mac and Windows versions of EPs simultaneously. Heck, when EA/Maxis contracted with Aspyr to do the Mac ports of EPs/SPs, we had to wait 6 months from when the Windows players got their games before we could start playing them on our computers. An extra 2 or 3 months is nothing, especially if we keep getting additional free content (either included in patches or DLC). With Sims 3 we only got patches before EPs (and occasionally SPs), so we had a long time between bug fixes (I've been fortunate to not be plagued by any game-killing bugs, knock wood -- just minor annoyances like the Gallery glitches and bugged bartenders.)

I'm not going to jump on the "doom and gloom" wagon; I'm just going to go play my game. (I was going to wait to play again till the Mac version came out but I've got some ideas for a new couple I want to play and a museum/wedding hall I want to try and create.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    igzigpuff wrote: »
    EA take as much time as you need to make TS4's first EP "right"! I would rather get something that works and doesn't break what we already have :p ...of course I haven't even played my game in months and didn't buy Outdoor Retreat (yet). :#
    At least this time around you can skip a few months and not really miss anything at. :#
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    linesa wrote: »
    Some peoples say that the situation of the gaming industry right now is starting to look more and more like in the heighties, when the gaming industry fell apart :\
    If it's true, it's really looking bad :\

I'm curious to see what that EP is, or more likely was, because that delay, with the absence of an artistic director mean that he's probably going to be reworked almost, if not, from scratch...
    And it's also maybe the case for the other EP, since some said that another EP was delayed too is true :\

If only they were communicating more with us like we want so much by making threads after threads about our worries, wishes, wants and speculations, with our attempts to reach them...
    But no, they stay silent, and it's a really bad idea given the situation :\

Yeah, the gaming industry was saved because of nintendo. There's still though, a couple good game companies out there, like square-enix. But here's the thing, the majority of the good game companies now, are all from Japan.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Let's be logical here.

I'm being logical and taking FY 2016 to mean between April 2015 and March 2016 and a small possibility that EA could delay it again. It would be sad if people expected the first EP to come out in April 1st especially considering it's April's fools day. But yeah that's the time period. There is no exact date set for the EP. I don't mind waiting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    is this true?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I'd like to hear something about why they're moving the release of the first EP. In the "Prepared Comments" document, they only say that their Q4 revenue will be reduced because of moving the EP, but they don't say why the EP is being moved. Is it a financial reason or a development reason?

But of course, I highly doubt we'll actually hear anything.

The thing is this, Ea has to get base game sales up higher in order to profit from expansions. The delay is to probably do that. Given the plea recently to try the free trial, im guessing these things are hand and hand. They're still not getting off the ground with base game sales. So a delay happens in order to wait and see what can be done.

As i said this isn't a bad thing nor a good thing. I guess what makes it a bad thing is when we have the fighting and blaming. That's where we all have to get away from this dev's too. We need to move to what can be done, what can be changed. Too much conversations coming out to the fans are I can't do that, it's too hard. That in itself is creating negativity towards the game. They have to start creating posititivity here if they want it to succeed.

They were saying so hard at the beginning they made the engine, they game is solid foundation, and it's more powerful etc. Then we switch to that's too hard to do, it takes too long, that's to costly. We have to abandon that cant do attitude.

I think a delay is good too for customers because we could be seeing some changes coming to the base game again that better fit what players are wanting.

Still this is just speculation on my part and really there is just no way of knowing right now what will happen. All i can do is wait to see what dev's will say or do. If they're still going to work on things than we will know theyr'e still trying to get things changed around.

The Mac version release next month will likely help a bit with the base game sales. From what I've seen on Twitter, there are a lot of Mac users who really want to play the game for themselves despite all the bad press. Game reviews are like movie reviews -- just because one person or a group of people have a bad opinion of a game or movie, doesn't mean that everyone will have the same opinion. I've liked a lot of movies that "professionals" think are dreck...and I've walked out of movies that critics have raved about. And most of those folks don't post on the Forums, mainly because they prefer the ease and convenience of Twitter, Facebook and other social media. (I prefer the interaction of the Forums, plus I've got a big mouth and don't know when to shut up... :# )

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited January 2015
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    I'm so ready for TS5, the sooner we move from this angry poo the better we all be

Sims 5 is probebly 8 to 10 years away. I"m not even excited about a title that far off.

Probably 4-5 years. That seems to be the trend with the series. And it makes sense that they're that close together. Who knows where technology will be at that time.
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't believe we'll have to wait till next year for the first EP that's crazy but then again EA is being dumb now days it used to be about pleases sims fans to some extent now they just don't care #enoughsaid.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
    edited January 2015
    I'm thinking they haven't decided when to release the EP which means they may be doing some major work. I hope they take their time and release it when it's ready. I really hated the bugs that were introduced with every EP in Sims 3 and I hope they avoid that with Sims 4.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    edited January 2015
    Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread. To clarify a couple of points:

1 We have not yet announced a release date for the first expansion pack.
    2 The EA fiscal year runs from April to March. I have seen several people post incorrect information about our fiscal year, so wanted to ensure that you have the correct information.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top