Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the last film you saw?

Comments

• aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited January 2015
    @jcp011c2 I mostly enjoyed it, i will admit there were a few moments I got bored, it is a very long film.
    The music is fantastic.. although there is a strange feeling that songs OCCASIONALLY take away from the story, which is the opposite of what happens in the stage music.. (I felt the same about the Les Miserable film)
    Meryl Streep gives a fantastic performance, Johnny Depp's small part as the wolf was incredibly creepy and made my skin crawl.. I would say it is definitely worth going to see in the cinema anyway!
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Thanks I've have thought about seeing it, even though I'm not a musical fan, but if the story is still good I can over look that. I think Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp are both great talents. I'd felt sure I'd go see it but then the overall general reviews were less than kind so I just wasn't sure. It's good to get a one person review of it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    The Giver. It was excellent if you haven't read the book and okay if you have read the book.

I enjoyed the movie as well and read the book! I wished that the author had made a sequel to the book though, I felt it could have used more tying up. But I suppose with book now-a-days, trilogies are the thing, and it wasn't always that way.
    Didn't she write "Son"? It's written from the point of view of the baby's (can't remember his name) birth mother for most of it. It reveals what happens to them afterwards.

The last movie I saw was Saving Mr. Banks, that movie about Mary Poppins. I liked it, but it wasn't as much of a story as a retelling of the author's past. Not bad, but nothing special either.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    The Giver. It was excellent if you haven't read the book and okay if you have read the book.

I enjoyed the movie as well and read the book! I wished that the author had made a sequel to the book though, I felt it could have used more tying up. But I suppose with book now-a-days, trilogies are the thing, and it wasn't always that way.

Last night I saw the third hobbit movie. Many won't agree with me, but I enjoyed the first two more. There was less adventure and more fighting, which is cool if you're more into the fighting than I am.

She wrote 3 more books for the giver quartet. Gathering Blue , Messenger , and Son.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The last movie I saw at the theatre I believe was Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows part 2. I might have seen something since, but I have no idea what. It's been a long time since I've been, it's way too expensive, I can't afford that nonsense.

At home I think coincidentally was the same thing as they just recently aired it on TV, it was one of the harry potter movies anyway.

I haven't watched a recently released movie in ages.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    The New Night at the museum. Really liked it! Its just sad, because it was Robin Williams last movie :'(
    I really wanna see" into the woods" and "Taken 3"
  • NotpandabearroxNotpandabearrox Posts: 41 Member
    Big Hero 6!!
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member

Last night I saw the third hobbit movie. Many won't agree with me, but I enjoyed the first two more. There was less adventure and more fighting, which is cool if you're more into the fighting than I am.

She wrote 3 more books for the giver quartet. Gathering Blue , Messenger , and Son.

*Face palm*. I remember looking it up and seeing there wasn't any sequels. Guess I did something wrong xD.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Just watched Sonny. Probably too rude for a lot of people on here. But... I'm totally in love with James Franco after that :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    The last film I saw was Pompeii. The plot wasn't that original but it was okay.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    Gardian of the Galaxy
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    The Good Girl. I know it's really old, but it was my first time seeing it. It was good but Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't in it enough lol.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Unbroken. 5/5 it was amazing, highly recommend it.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2015
    Watched Naked by Mike Leigh last night, not for the faint of heart. Don't say I didn't warn you :)

Very British.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    Theater: Penguins of Madagascar

Tv: Frozen
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited January 2015
    The classic Sound of Music film, it was showing on TV yesterday.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Just watched Boyhood, it was amazing! Phenomenal acting. I almost cried at the end.
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I've heard it took 12 years to film the whole thing, its really amazing having the same actor age throughout.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I watched The Matrix on DVD most recently.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    bump
    Simpkin wrote: »
    bump

• AnimeSushaZegAnimeSushaZeg Posts: 65 Member
    The last film I saw was Titanic last Thursday.
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    The classic Sound of Music film, it was showing on TV yesterday.

You're my fave!
    tumblr_nfgbm2t51K1qcnxufo9_250.gif

My friend took me to see American Sniper the other evening... i didn't like it.

bump!