Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• FusionFang7FusionFang7 Posts: 90 Member
    Hot tubs are needed badly.

Added to the list
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yeah omg! ... stop ignoring the bugs and stop trying to change/add things to a broken game. The Guru's are listening, remember!
    Wanting new content at this point, is coming from people who just accept them and sweep them under a rug. People wanted ghosts so we got ghosts and no fix for rotational play or the romance system. We just got more broken stuff. The same with pools and careers.

Toddlers need faithful parents!

The Guru's are listening, remember! (reading, I hope)
  • zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Yeah omg! ... stop ignoring the bugs and stop trying to change/add things to a broken game. The Guru's are listening, remember!
    Wanting new content at this point, is coming from people who just accept them and sweep them under a rug. People wanted ghosts so we got ghosts and no fix for rotational play or the romance system. We just got more broken stuff. The same with pools and careers.

Toddlers need faithful parents!

The Guru's are listening, remember! (reading, I hope)

Yeah, how often people forget they asked for most of this stuff that's in Sims 4, but are now complaining about it.
    But yes, we need to fix what we already have before adding more!
    The Guru's are reading our comments, people have to realize they're limited in what they can say. It's just like chatting or calling customer service reps of any company, you can't ask whatever you want and expect a detailed answer. They usually have fixed answers, and can't give any details until an official announcement or a problem is solved and they can actually for sure say it was worked on and fixed..
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

Yeah, thats not really going to happen. Did they ever fix the bugs in Sims3? No ... mods had to do it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I figure some bugs will be fixed in January before Outdoor Retreat releases.
    Gruffman wrote: »

Yeah, thats not really going to happen. Did they ever fix the bugs in Sims3? No ... mods had to do it.

This isn't pertaining to what you just wrote but it's about your signature. I really hope they add in hospitals, and maybe a medical career..I was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when they took that out.

That's actually a point I missed on my list. @FusionFang7 add Medical Careers/Hospital to your list? I think that's kinda major.
    I'm not ignoring the bugs, per se. I just think having the entire forum focus on them for days on end is unproductive. The bugs need to be fixed, and features need to be added to make this a good game.

Even if this game was bug-free, it still would be flawed in the eyes of many players
    zombii3 wrote: »

This isn't pertaining to what you just wrote but it's about your signature. I really hope they add in hospitals, and maybe a medical career..I was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when they took that out.

That's actually a point I missed on my list. @FusionFang7 add Medical Careers/Hospital to your list? I think that's kinda major.

Added.
    I do hope when/if they do add in hospitals, they add in the ability of a pregnant sim to go to said rabbithole hospital for a sonogram. Get info on the sex of the baby and if it was multiple.
    I do hope when/if they do add in hospitals, they add in the ability of a pregnant sim to go to said rabbithole hospital for a sonogram. Get info on the sex of the baby and if it was multiple.

Omg that'd be awesome. Adding that to my want list. c:
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Off topic, but this thread is now an announcement. :open_mouth:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Thats good ^^

Well back to Topic.
    I also want to see NPCs back such as Burglar, Cops, Firefighter, Newspaper.
    Stores to Shop such as Grocery Store and please no more Rabbit Holes, you know nothing like them from Sims 3.
    If its possible open the zones so that we don't need to load every house only for the zone.
    And i still want the Terrain Tool to edit my terrain more.
    This is really needed in the list.
    Everything is only Sims 2 Base Content
    But please add some of those things back, without them i just feel the Game incomplete.
    But i understand that not everything will be included in the Base Game.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    FAMILY TREES. It can never be said enough.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    FAMILY TREES. It can never be said enough.

Yeah this should be really one of the first things added back.
    Also i still miss that my Sims can change lastnames after marriage.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    well here my list:
    first of all things: fix all the broken things:
    refrigerator
    game freezing
    some random times relationships get broken
    fix a issue with teen romance when you make a promisse the relationship get broken from date
    fix all the knowed issues

now what i want, basically:
    delete that crap story progression and make a real story progression without fake relationships and all that stupid fake cheats.
    better sims AI i want sims which actually stay true to their traits, true to their relationships, true to their jobs, to their axpirations, true to what their are and not just robotic sims who make almost the samething over and over
    a world editor
    more lots at last 2 cities with 60 lots each, with 20 lots for venues
    policeman to walk in streets and security guard to places like library and museum,
    new public places, like cinema, lan house, arcades, restaurants, teathers. shops, cemitery, drugstore, hospital, church
    OPEN WORLD or at last load the neighborhood not just our house and the street
    more peoples inside the public lots, specially night clubs and bars, or the amount of peoples being based on the size of the place
    increase the population cap to at last 300, the household to 10 and peoples walking around/insite public places to at last 20 with more based on the size of the lots in the neighborhood.
    more different types of toys to the parks for children( where's the swing, seesaw and slide)
    reduce the amount of stalkers come to my house(have a mod for that but i want a oficial fix for this)
    better control over random generated sims, dont allow the game use CC, when the generator use it make really horrible things, like i have many cosplays ccs(wolverine, cammy, chun-li) and see sims random sims with their hair or cloths is weird.
    dont allow the generator reach the cap of generated sims and start to delete important sims and leave unwanted ghosts
    when a sim die if is a controled have a option to send him to the cemitery if is a random sim send him to the cemitery.

well i want all the interactions in the last trailer with real life peoples since none of tha things we have in game, and some more interactions, specially for romance.

for relationship:
    when in a teen couple if a teen age first than the other their can keep their romance
    options to enable/disable romance between cousins and same sex - (i'm not fan of same sex relationship and i know many peoples not fan of cousins romance, then a option for all can have or not what their want.

about family
    toddles
    pre-teens
    more trees like: half-brother/sister, true step sister/mother/brother/father, grandfather uncle, great-grandfather/mother, great-great-grandfather/mother
    when marry option to choose change the surname of the wife or the husband to the other surname
    have a priest to make marriage (i'm not asking for religion, just a npc to make the marriage more "real".
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13136253/#Comment_13136253
    well this show how finally their are open their eyes and accepting who tise game is really "broken and wrong" and need a fix and important changes.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif

Announcement status? I feel honored, this is maybe the 3rd topic I've created ever in the year and half I've been lurking.

Anyway the list has been updated.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Mostly posting to say I do believe open neighborhoods(not worlds) actually CAN be done with the Sims 4 without redoing the entire game.

Houses already render all objects inside of them and even have radios and tvs playing when you zoom in close to a window where one is located. (Rendering inside is from what gurus said "determined by your personal settings" but this just shows that it's already working)

So what other known issues are there? They claim that the more open lots you have (atm just one) the less sims that will spawn to walk around the neighborhood. Now, that problem is one that they created but it's not unchangeable. The game only spawns up to 20 unplayed sims in an area at a time. This is a limit that is set in the code but that can be changed. You can even use cheats (not mods) to increase household members to 200 and have them use the neighborhood. (Of course, that's far too many - it's just to prove a point).

The excuse used is that open neighborhoods will affect the amount of people walking around a neighborhood and performance. Add options for users to set how many sims will use a neighborhood, house rendering, and let us determine how many people are living on our lots and I don't think this will be an issue.

(If someone has more proof of why open neighborhoods (not worlds) can't be possible, please do share. Other wise I don't see why this can't be added to this list of what players want. At the end of the day we don't work at EA, so let them decide. They should at least know that it's something that a great amount of players want.)

**So what do I want from the Sims 4?
    1.)Open neighborhoods - not open world, but open neighborhoods. The ability to freely visit neighbors or places (museum,club,library, ect) without a loading screen.
    2.)Baby Sitters (npcs that come to the house while your sim is there)
    3.)Teen jobs for YA,A,E (meaning everyone can get those part time jobs)
    4.)More ethnic hair styles
    5.)Restaurants
    6.)Arcade (Or just a lot type for teens to hang out/more teen activities)
    7.)Toddlers
    8.)The ability to at least change/choose baby clothes
    9.)Basements and attics
    10.)Game systems
    11.)Family Trees
    12.)More family tags available/in cas (cousins,step sibilings, step parents, ect)
    13.More traits - not necessarily more trait spots.
    14.)Handiness / botanist / fishing careers and/or more profitable ways to make money from these skills from home.
    15.)More woodworking objects to craft
    16.)More options with Sim toys (dialogue)
    17.)Ability to feed and clean tanks of frogs,fish, aliens
    18.)Add ability to stop sim creation for townies (No more game generated townies)
    - Make mandatory sim slots for bartenders, maids, mailmen ect that won't be deleted but can be edited.

Anything more I think is fine (for me) to come out in an expansion, stuff pack, or game pack.
    1.)Open for Business
    2.)Pets
    3.)Seasons
    4.)Supernatural
    5.)More building tools / styles. I want to build homes from around the world in better detail
    6.)Something other than plants and fishing in the hidden lots
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Ayumap wrote: »
    3.)Handiness / botanist / fishing careers and/or more profitable ways to make money from these skills from home.<br />
    14.)More woodworking objects to craft<br />
    15.)More options with Sim toys (dialogue)<br />

We have that woodworking table ... make wooden toys. A wooden toy train, a wooden toy car, a marionette puppet ...
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @Gruffman said:
    > Ayumap wrote: »
    >
    > 1
    > 3.)Handiness / botanist / fishing careers and/or more profitable ways to make money from these skills from home.

> 14.)More woodworking objects to craft

> 15.)More options with Sim toys (dialogue)

>
    >
    >
    >
    > We have that woodworking table ... make wooden toys. A wooden toy train, a wooden toy car, a marionette puppet ...

What I mean by "Sim toy dialogue" is that children and childish sims currently have interactions to play and talk to toys. (who talk back) - I think it would be neat to have more options (more conversations to have like with sims, just for the toys). As for making toys and puppets, I think that would be great, even better if there was a system in place to sell them to a market or store to make a profit. I enjoy the careers we have that can be done from home (Like writing and painting) and think an addition to them via the skills we have in game already would be very fun.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    + scrap willow creek and oasis springs / change to a multiplayer area as an online feature. Make another at least 100 lot (open world) for single-player
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys, (lurker here), I think it's obvious by now that the community is not entirely happy with the game as it stands now; and those who say they are still could have better feelings about the game.

I've read the majority of the "disappointment thread" and the general consensus is that we want TS2 sims in a TS3 world with the improvments TS4 has made like CAS. Obviously a lot of that is no longer possible to implement like Create-A-Style or a fully open world without a complete overhaul of the game engine which we know EA is not willing to make.

So here's my question to you all: what changes CAN be made to make TS4 a game you would like to play?
    (Try to keep your answers restricted to what you think is necessary for a "base game")

Let's make a concise list that the Devs can use as a guide for direction in the future.

LIST OF SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS

CAS
    1. Body hair category
    2. Way to hide undesired CAS assets
    3. Way to disable CAS assets for random townie generating
    4. Random Trait generator
    5. More trait slots
    6. Turn ons/offs
    7. Favorites and Astrological signs
    8. Way to set relationship as Boy/Girlfirend or fiancee
    9. Piercings
    10. Scroll bar for traits
    11. More variety of natural hair colors
    12. More ethnic hairstyles

BUILD/BUY
    1. Basements
    2. Hip-roofs with overhangs
    3. Smaller Telescopes
    4. Auto-roofs
    5. Vehicles (with animations)
    6. More color option (especially ones that match)
    7. Dishwashers, trash compactors, landline phones
    8. Slides and diving boards for pools
    9. Hot Tubs
    10. Terrain elevation tools

WORLD MAP
    1. Option to display map in color instead of white as it is now.
    2. Town Editor (especially way to add lots)
    3. Lots bigger than 50x50
    4. Larger neighborhoods (more than 5 lots)
    5. Way to split funds when merging/splitting households
    6. Way to manage townie generation amounts by lifestage
    7. More venue types (grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, clothing stores, hospital, cemetery, arcade)
    8. Option to control culling of townies when limit is reached
    9. Option to pause townie generation

LIVE MODE
    1. Family Tree
    2. Way to lock doors
    3. Way to paint custom pictures (TS2 style)
    4. Memories
    5. Alert for multiple births (for better naming)
    6. Urns/Graves and ghosts for sims that die off-lot
    7. Service Sims (firefighters/police/burglar/newsie/nanny)
    8. Reactions to events (cheating/death/divorce)
    9. Better tuning for time-consuming multitasking (like eating and talking)
    10. Medical career
    11. Allow babies to be removed from bassinets
    12. Option to change last name after marriage
    13. Option to change babies' clothes
    14. NPC's generated for bartenders, maids, and mailmen. (explicitly shown in townie listing for editing)
    15. Game consoles

GALLERY
    1. Option to enable the display of CC in "my library" by default.

OTHER
    1. Fully adjustable lifespans
    2. Toddler lifestage
    3. Pre-teen lifestage
    4. Story Progression
    5. Remove load screens between lots (if possible)
    6. Increase population cap
    7. Increase 20 sim load limit

Memories are in the game already.
    I agree with pretty much everything and I think many of those should actually be implemented in future patches :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1