Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of paintings?

I am hoping to paint every painting for my collector Sim, and I was hoping somewhere on the internets was a list of all the paintings available. I have already checked Carl's, and googled Sims 4 paintings, with no success. I was also hoping there was some sort of list as to what can be painted at what level. There seems to be some (really adorable) paintings that can only be done at low levels. I do not like using cheats, so if there are paintings that can be done at low level, I will have to add people to the household, paint until they are too high level, then ditch them for new people!

Does anyone know of a list like this?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Or if anyone happens to know even the number of small, medium, and large paintings available in each category, that would also be helpful. There seems to only be the one Focus painting, the math one, but several for the other emotions.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd like to see them all too. I keep the ones I like the best and sell the others even if they are masterpieces.
    DarcitheFox (i think I spelled that right) made a beautiful museum that has room for all the collectibles and posted it to the gallery. Just slowly working my way to filling it! I just don't want to waste time trying to paint something that may not exist.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I think it's all random, My sim is level 10 and has 10 master painting that I have kept, sold quite a few to. But my point is, she did a painting at level 7 and the same painting at level 10, one was worth $345 the other over £600. the exact same pic. and though she is level 10 some only go for a few $100, Her highest worth was $4000, I kept that one.
    There are some paintings my Sims have done at low level that I was never able to do again at a higher level. A lot of these are stick figure or cartoonish pictures. My favorite one so far is of either 2 dogs or 2 cats (I cannot really tell) sitting next to each other sharing a spaghetti. It was a Flirty painting done at a low level. At mid level, my Sim painted a Flirty pic of the llama and freezer bunny sitting together on a hill in the sunset. At higher level, my Sims only seem to paint the same few paintings over and over again, never these stick figures. It seems like at some point your Sims are 'too talented' to paint these any more.
    edited December 2014
    Here is an example of low level versus mid level paintings. The first painting is a confidant painting done around level 5, the third is a confidant panting done around level 2. My Sim will always be able paint that sleeping kitten now, but will never paint that lion again. Same with the romantic one on the right. After a certain point, they are 'too talented' to paint stick figures any more.

11-18-14_4-26nbspPM_zpse67d4809.png

I suppose we could work on making a list here on the forums. I could post all of the common painting that my Sims has done, and see if there are any that people know about that are missed, and just go through the different categories.
    Post edited by Piperbird on
  • Trista5Trista5 Posts: 35 Member
    i was hoping for the same thing!!! anyone had any luck on figuring this out??
    I have not found anything with a list anywhere. And, honestly, I have not even logged into my game in a little while. I think I may have painted all of the common painting available, at least, I have not painted any new ones for a while. Tomorrow I will log into my game and take a screen shot of what I have. That way at least we may be able to compare what we all have done.
    Here is all I have made for large and small common paintings:
    12-21-14_10-12nbspAM_zpsc2d479fe.png

And all the medium common paintings:
    12-21-14_10-10nbspAM_zpsa61ef9f0.png

If there are more, I have not been able to paint them. That Sim is level 10 in painting.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Check Carl's forum. It has a thread named "Sims 4 Paintings" covering the same subject and shows many of the paintings in that thread.
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Check Carl's forum. It has a thread named "Sims 4 Paintings" covering the same subject and shows many of the paintings in that thread.

I've checked there, they paintings they show aren't even a tiny fraction of what is available. I was just hoping for a more complete list.
  • PaigeMX6PaigeMX6 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2014
    These are all the Classic paintings my sim has completed. Edit: for some reason it won't let me post my image or a direct link, so you have to copy paste the link below.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/paigemx6/Sims%204%20Paintings/Classic_zpsa2bf929f.png
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    The sad thing is, you can't save them to your library/gallery to use again :'( unless that has changed?
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Here is all I have made for large and small common paintings:
    12-21-14_10-12nbspAM_zpsc2d479fe.png

And all the medium common paintings:
    12-21-14_10-10nbspAM_zpsa61ef9f0.png

If there are more, I have not been able to paint them. That Sim is level 10 in painting.

Oh, there's definitely more than that cuz my sim is at lvl 10 and made only 10% of those paintings you had!! =O
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    grr this is making me mad.... I made a collection of small paintings but it wont let me post any links on here!!!
    edited December 2014
    it keeps telling me "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."
    Sorry Trista5, I don't remember the requirements now, they have recently changed them due to some really awful trolls. I think you need 50 posts, or 50 likes, or something. I liked your posts to try to help you along. Good luck!
    thank you Piperbird1, just kinda aggravating that i'v been a member since Feb. 2011 and I can't post links although I haven't been very active on here. I was reading some other posts and yes I believe its 50 points which u get from "likes" and "lols"
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Trista5 wrote: »
    thank you Piperbird1, just kinda aggravating that i'v been a member since Feb. 2011 and I can't post links although I haven't been very active on here. I was reading some other posts and yes I believe its 50 points which u get from "likes" and "lols"

You need 50 likes or lols. I think you need to post a certain number also.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    There are 400 paintings, including the children's paintings.
    > @Shimrod101 said:
    > There are 400 paintings, including the children's paintings.

where did u find that? an do u have any other information about it? like how many small/medium/large there are in each "category" as in "classic or realism" paintings?
  • Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    There is an individual XML file for each painting; I counted them. It's already 2015 where I live, but I'll see if I can write up a list tomorrow.
    > @Shimrod101 said:
    > There is an individual XML file for each painting; I counted them. It's already 2015 where I live, but I'll see if I can write up a list tomorrow.

thank you! happy new year!!
    thank you soo much Shimrod101!!!