Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

uncomfortable, yet clean

My SIMS are always 'uncomfortable'! (From filthy surroundings) the house is clean, the garbage is out, the Sims themselves are bathed, and their inventories areally empty. What is the problem?!

Comments

• SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    When this happened to me I exited the game and reloaded. The bug was fixed after that.
    If you're not as lucky, maybe try this cheat : sims.remove_all_buffs
  • josie47josie47 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you!
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Sometimes you can have dirty plates or rubbish hidden as well. I have had that happen to me. You could move your furniture or even look outside or just send one of your sims to clean and they might find the culprit. Another thing they don't like is broken things. Sims actually seem to have some sort of psychic powers too because mine often complain before the thing breaks.
    I've tried moving furniture because I do find random garbage piles around, but they don't always show up. And, all my sims have the "neat" trait, but I don't have the option to "clean" like in the sims 3....
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    @josie47, clean sims drive me nuts. They are always complaining but never seem to do anything about it. :) Well, except when they go visiting and then they clean out the owner sims' mess with no problems.

You could try leaving a plate or something around and then click on a sim to clean it. They will go around picking up all the rubbish and hopefully get the offending item then though I guess you have done this a dozen times already. The other thing it could be is a dirty floor if you had a fire at one time.

I remember a house I had in my previous save game where I found a bin tipped over under the back stairs. It was well and truly hidden and I had no idea how it got there. However, even tidying the bin up did not stop my sims from always complaining when they went out the back door. I think I just gave up and moved the family.
  • Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    @josie47 there is an option in the Sims 4 to make a sim clean, they have to have the neat trait for this option to be available. You would click on the sim with the neat trait and get the option "cleaning frenzy", this will only be available if there is something to clean up. If it is not showing up with a neat sim it is not registering anything dirty on their lot, which then would be a glitch.
  • Angeleyeswi69Angeleyeswi69 Posts: 104 Member
    @figwit I didn't think of this one, but it is true, if you have a fire often times the counters that it was near or even the stove has to be moved to clean the floor. If you just replace the items, instead of buying new ones the mess will still be there. Unfortunately this can be one annoying thing to deal with, I like the neat trait because it can make cleaning up easier by using the cleaning frenzy option and letting them go around and find all the dirty things, but they can be annoying always complaining about how dirty the place is because one dish wasn't picked up.
    I never have "cleaning frenzy" as an option. I may have only seen it once. And this is literally driving me crazy. All 4 of my sims in this household are complaining about "filthy surroundings". I have even moved them from multiple houses to new ones. The only thing I can think that's happening is every time I save the game and close, i return to play and all of my sims have a plate of food in their inventory. When I chose eithe option "clean up" or "place in world" the plate appears without any food on it. I feel as if the random dirt piles I find all over the house is this disappearing food, but again, the piles don't show up consistently. My sims are even "uncomfortable" outside while gardening, with no puddles or dead plants around or anything of the sort. I don't have a fireplace and I've moved all my furniture. Still nothing...
  • Danni2010Danni2010 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same issue, I read through and did all the things u guys suggested. Moved furniture, all dishes and invintory are clean- my Sims are clean, the animals are clean- and even tried the cheat/ even re started .. what’s going on?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Danni2010 wrote: »
    I’m having the same issue, I read through and did all the things u guys suggested. Moved furniture, all dishes and invintory are clean- my Sims are clean, the animals are clean- and even tried the cheat/ even re started .. what’s going on?

Hello @Danni2010
    If you have a fish tank, check to see if the fish have gone foul in it.
    If your sim has the neat trait, there can be an issue caused by autolight fireplaces when the fire goes out.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Beware of the wall mounted fish as well. I have had them go bad as well. At least in the beginning I did as I no longer mount any fish so not sure if that still happens.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....