The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does your sims' home look like?

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    @Jessa_Dakkar and @astridentanja: Such beautiful builds, the both of you. Ya see, this is why I leave building to the professionals!

As for my own little project, it turned out a lot like this:

wild_about_fruit_zpsc707d735.gif

Needless to say I bulldozed the lot and I am actually thinking about going back to salt the earth...yeah, it was that bad.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow with some fresh eyes but I have a sinking feeling I'll just have to be happy with my decorating skills.
    Thank you; actually that box is what I create when it's left to my own architecture and styling skills lol
    Before I build I google a lot, use examples I find that suit my idea and go from that.
    (this time my search term was 'medieval house' ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited December 2014
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @darkling, Thanks! I still make some boxy houses myself, can't deny they have wonderful 'flow' to them. :D About half my stuff is at least partially inspired by a real-life houseplan, they're a great help.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's Cory and Angel Frankovitch in Glen Harbor in their house.I used Rflong7's Glenvale County for that legacy and they're just one of four families living there.
    15824256657_05e80d7be7.jpg

15984233176_a98b972836.jpg

15984235066_e61a609e68.jpg

15390392253_b57babc31a.jpg

15822618468_36f1dace04.jpg

15824004359_cbf33b2301.jpg

15824269187_1627a8d749.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    I always seem to be much better at building starter homes than big homes. I managed to fit a pool into this one:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/1v0lDkXvNA_a8LzOBciLIPxTXcxah0tQFTQpYXEysdE=w398-h224-p-no[/img]

I think the picture link is broken. Would you like to check and fix it? :)

Fixed it! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    I always seem to be much better at building starter homes than big homes. I managed to fit a pool into this one:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/1v0lDkXvNA_a8LzOBciLIPxTXcxah0tQFTQpYXEysdE=w398-h224-p-no[/img]

I think the picture link is broken. Would you like to check and fix it? :)

Fixed it! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The video is pretty cool! I spend days building a house. Never have mastered the skills for speed build :P
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    My sims live in floating fortress that I renovated.

c257ce0e246d1a725dbfa4245337ef6c.jpg
    edited December 2014
    How is everyone doing? I am still alive :smiley:
    I have been lurking in my den, working on a small project. I haven't been able to finish it yet but I cannot resist the urge of sharing it in advance :smiley: So here it is:

World: Moonlight Falls. I forgot that the light in this world can be very blue so some pictures I took was not under "natural" light :\
    Lot size: 30x20 (don't want to overload my crappy computer with a 64x64 lot)
    Type: residential
    Has 1 big lobby (that I don't know what to stuff in), 1 room that I don't know how to name it and where sims drink tea (enlighten me if you know the answer :smiley: )(activity room? aha, I can add an easel in there later), 1 bathroom, 1 living room, 1 kitchen+dinning room, 1 outdoor pool, 1 parking slot.
    Upstairs: 1 bedroom+bathroom, 1 deck outside the room connecting the stair where I am going to put the working desk (it is called a deck, right?).

Anyway... pictures!
    The front (haven't worked on the exterior yet):
    screenshot_original.jpg

The back:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Side view:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Entrance:
    I tried to use some dark stone floor tile with less shiny surface but nothing was suitable from the sims3 stone pattern. I used dark wood instead. I wish the floor can be a little bit reflective because dark floor in the game is like a blackhole with no light out so you can't see things on the floor but I know I am asking too much...
    screenshot_original.jpg

Originally I was going to place some plants with moveobjects on to fill the space on both sides near the front door where the statues stand. But this is a small house, indoor trees and shrubs are too dramatic. In real life they are going to be the beds for mosquitoes. I don't want that for my sims :smiley:
    screenshot_original.jpg

The chair in the corner is just what I use to fill the space. Doesn't really make sense to sit there doing nothing. Unless you want to admire the plants. Poor little things, they can't move without legs and now they put them in cages just to make sure nothing happens. We are in the supernatural world of Moonlight Falls after all >:) On the other hand when one of my sim gets old, she/he can sit on that chair staring at the street to catch naughty sims who run the red light.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The activity room:
    I tried to adopt geometric styles and ended up with wired colours. Had great difficulty filling the space. But now I came up with the easel idea so I'll get back to it later. I should probably work on the ceiling as well. This room is highly disconnected from the rest of the house :\
    screenshot_original.jpg

The picture on the wall nest to the bathroom door is having a different lighting problem...
    screenshot_original.jpg

I used up the corner under the stairs. In real life it would be nice to chill here reading a book while admiring the view. In the game my sim cannot sit down. Nor can pets preform activities under the stairs. Why, they think they are so tall that the nice little corner is not good enough for them?
    screenshot_original.jpg

Fancy a cuppa tea? My snob sim is a fan of this room (with a +40 buff, wow) despite my interior design failure because I stuffed a lot of expensive things here LOL.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The bathroom: (with no shower/bathtub :wink: ) my sim is admiring herself. I always think that the tile patterns in sims 3 are too simple and unappealing. Haven't figured out good tricks to transform other patterns to fit the bathroom environment.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The living room:
    I decided the colour themes for this house will be white, black and blue. I used transparent ceiling to let through more natural light. Plus it would be nice to watch the stars without having to go outside, you can just lie on the floor. Not sure that's doable for the sims though.
    screenshot_original.jpg

I used the spiderweb pattern to add some drama to the wall. The painting from the Seasons EP also came in handy. Sofas from LN are pretty awesome as well. I discovered the trick to use that coffee table to make low height counters (I forgot which EP it's from), but its function is pretty limited, many things (such as big desk lamps) that can be placed on larger coffee tables or counters cannot be placed on it.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here is my sim reading at sunset. Life is good :smile:
    screenshot_original.jpg

All is good in the living room. But I had to spoil it all but adding something stupid like these two:
    screenshot_original.jpg

I never sit that close to the tv in real life, but my sims don't have to worry about myopia. I envy them :(
    screenshot_original.jpg

I can't help smirking at the two silly chairs :smiley:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

... Aaand done spamming with pictures and babbling- for now!

Wow, that's a lovely house! Quite modern but I like how you combined it whith more classical elements here and there (like the fire place).
    5JZ57S6.png
    Wow, that's a lovely house! Quite modern but I like how you combined it whith more classical elements here and there (like the fire place).

Why, thank you! :smiley:

• Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    If you're a fan of Dark Shadows (the 1960's version, that is), then have a look:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11483279#Comment_11483279

Of course there's been some changes since I did that build two years ago, but I'm having a lot of fun ripping off recreating the plot lines with my Sims legacy.
    If you're a fan of Dark Shadows (the 1960's version, that is), then have a look:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11483279#Comment_11483279

Of course there's been some changes since I did that build two years ago, but I'm having a lot of fun ripping off recreating the plot lines with my Sims legacy.

Never watched the show... Nice house though! Goes great with the Supernatural EP :smiley:

• Redninja52Redninja52 Posts: 200 Member
    i going to show you guys some of my house when i get into game and take pictures
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Redninja52 wrote: »
    i going to show you guys some of my house when i get into game and take pictures

I think this too, then I get in game, play, and forget to get images. :p
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited December 2014
    This is one house I've built for my Sims to live in. I put a tea room and kitchen downstairs. There is also a large stable. The stable has a huge magic room and a multipurpose set of work rooms on two levels above it.

There is a greenhouse out back.

Old_Mill_Cafe_00007.jpg

EDIT: Actually this is a view of the back of the house from where I was about to build the greenhouse. :s

EDIT Agian:

I found a picture of the front view of the lot.
    OMB00005.jpg

I'm not playing in this game at the moment. I'm building a new house for this current family. I like to experiment with different types of architecture and mostly it follows no architectural styles in the known universe. They simply meet the game play needs of my current game. :)
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    I can't post pictures yet, but my sim lives in one of the houses from Sunset valley. Its the one across from the Tralier.
    @Karritz‌
    Is that circle-like fence door a cc content? It looks great!

edited December 2014
    @Karritz‌
    I think it belongs to this Store-set.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    @Karritz‌

Belongs to the Old Mill set.
    @Karritz‌

There's no CC in my game. That gate came from the Store.
    @Karritz‌

Yes - that's the set with the round gate. We wanted a round door too but apparently the store team weren't allowed to make one for us.

Karritz wrote: »
    @Karritz‌

Yes - that's the set with the round gate. We wanted a round door too but apparently the store team weren't allowed to make one for us.
    Why not :(?
    It's so LOTR/Hobbit cute.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @astridentanja‌ @Shadoza2‌ @Karritz‌
    Thank you guys. I actually own that set. Wow I am slow! :smiley:

@Karritz‌

What about the Chinese circle arch? Closest thing you can get to a round door.

edited December 2014
    @Karritz‌

What about the Chinese circle arch? Closest thing you can get to a round door.

Or you could put a fence inside your house and place the gate to hide the fence. It's a bit hard to put a wall there though. :'(

There is another really nice arch that cam with the Alice in Wonderland items that were available from that ad campaign and most of us missed out on. I'd really love to have that arch. The one from China is the closest to it that we have though.