Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

favorite Christmas presents: past and present

simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
I know you all haven't gotten your presents yet, but my family exchanges on Christmas Eve. You still could answer the other half of the question today! My favorite present this year is the jbl flip 2 portable speaker. 16073641366_6c1978c9a6.jpg

Last year I got the iPod nano sixth generation (smaller than the seventh and has a clip) and I still use that all the time.

My favorite gift as a kid was the playmobil fairytale castle. I played with this for many years and had so much fun with it! I wish I could go back to the Christmas I first got it. My favorite toys as a kid were all playmobil. We still have all of it lol.

15913711097_9f7bace6c1.jpg

You can still join in with your favorite gifts if you aren't Christian of course.

Comments

• mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    My son 22 years ago, he was born Dec 12th
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Of course that's lovely, you make me sound like a materialistic greedy person lol.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited December 2014
    It is great that you got the portable speaker for Christmas this year @simsgal2227‌. The playmobil fairycastle is very nice! You would have had a lot of fun playing with it. You would have had many special happy hours playing with it and other playmobil items, and just looking at it would bring back nice happy childhood memories. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Your son being born at Christmastime would have been such a very special and lovely present for you @minov39 :) It would have been a lovely first Christmas that you spent with him.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Of course that's lovely, you make me sound like a materialistic greedy person lol.

My doll house was one of my favorites as a child too. :-)
  • pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    my favorite gift in the past was a barbie van i recieve when I was a kid. this year was money, nothing can beat money.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I didn't have a favorite gift of the past, my dad bought me almost everything I wanted and more so I only enjoyed getting spoiled.

Then my brother was born. :|
    Thanks a lot rosemow :).
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I didn't have a favorite gift of the past, my dad bought me almost everything I wanted and more so I only enjoyed getting spoiled.

If I had everything I'd want, I,would have been in heaven with so much playmobil! But I guess when you get everything. You can't appreciate it, especially as a kid.

Ah, annoying little brother? I wouldn't know, I just have a younger sister and only by two years. She likes to think she's more mature than me though. However, now it's okay since we're both adults. I consider her maturity to be different than mine, you know?

If I had everything I'd want, I,would have been in heaven with so much playmobil! But I guess when you get everything. You can't appreciate it, especially as a kid.

Ah, annoying little brother? I wouldn't know, I just have a younger sister and only by two years. She likes to think she's more mature than me though. However, now it's okay since we're both adults. I consider her maturity to be different than mine, you know?

My brother and I are 5 years apart, there's a huge age gap.
    Yeah, I never appreciated the fact that I had 20 gifts under the christmas tree all for me lol. I was only 4 back then.

Yeah, I never appreciated the fact that I had 20 gifts under the christmas tree all for me lol. I was only 4 back then.

Oh my that's a lot!

I still think my parents give me a lot, but not a lot by number, I just don't think I need four presents, plus one from my sister. But I usually want stuff that I actually use now, unlike as a kid, you'd get a toy and play with it for a few months.

Oh my that's a lot!

I still think my parents give me a lot, but not a lot by number, I just don't think I need four presents, plus one from my sister. But I usually want stuff that I actually use now, unlike as a kid, you'd get a toy and play with it for a few months.

Yeah, I don't even get anything for Christmas now. I'd prefer to go on a trip. I went to California last year, but it was to watch the Rose Parade on New Years. I don't really need anything apart from needing money for classes.
    Yeah, once you're a certain age, you don't need as much stuff. For me, I just don't buy stuff that often, I wait to get it for Christmas. I prefer to save the money I make usually, and I am going to college too. It's almost like I opened a gas gift card really. I'm lucky because every year my parents take us on vacation somewhere. Sometimes it's just in the state, but sometimes it's a bigger trip. We're going to Hawaii this year and I'm so excited! Well, next year xD.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Best gift this year? CD player.

Best gift as a kid?:barbie-cruise.jpg

I was Barbie obsessed.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
    edited December 2014
    @bookthief24 so was I. I can't forget my Aladdin and Jasmine dolls( I also had the flying carpet that played a whole new world). I also had recieved pocohantas and Coconum(don't know how to spell his name) one year as well
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    @bookthief24 so was I. I can't forget my Aladdin and Jasmine dolls( I also had the flying carpet that played a whole new world). I also had recieved pocohantas and Coconum(don't know how to spell his name) one year as well

That is so cool!
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
    I kind of miss those days sometimes, but know i have my sims
    edited December 2014
    I kind of miss those days sometimes, but know i have my sims

Yes, I'm sure almost everyone is nostalgic of their childhood. It's hard to not be. When you're a child, you think the world is mostly good, and you don't have a care in the world. The more you know, the more it weighs on you, but the more fulfilling life can be at the same time.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    The sims 1 house party!!!! Loved that ep. Had so much fun with it. Also my ghd's
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited December 2014
    one of my all time favorites was a big doll house..
    I remember "Santa" had to drop it off early because I was going to spend Christmas at my Gparent's, And he couldn't bring it because it was too big. lol :D