Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    masajo wrote: »
    A Christmas Gathering is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully decorated. Really like how you've made the ground and roof look like they're covered in snow, excellent work :D

@masajo, we must have been posting at the same time, lol! Thank you so much for the very kind comments! :) I was just saying earlier that I cannot Wait till we (hopefully) get Season's!! That EP has always been my favorite. I remember in Sims 2 how sometimes when it snowed, the kids would get a "no school" day. I used to love that! I don't think we got that in Sims 3, did we? I actually *played* the game way more in sims 2, but with S3, I spent nearly all my time building, so I could be wrong. Anyway, thank you again masajo and I hope you and your loved ones have Wonderful Holidays! :)<3

Seasons EP has always been a favourite of mine as I love all the elements in rl and this makes the game more realistic. Sims 3 seems like a distant memory now and can't remember if the kids got 'snow days'. I did play it quite a lot when a new EP came out, but always ended up building after a few weeks. Really looking forward to the new game pack as holidays have always been a favourite too. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas time with lots of peace and joy :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Your Christmas home is lovely dear Cath! Thank you for sharing on the app thread dear!
  • jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    wow your houses are beautiful.
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Oh wow, such a gorgeous home Cath! I love it :)
    Especially like how you have a christmas tree in more than one room :D
    Only proves that we cannot have too much Xmas stuffens ^_^
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath this is a gorgeous Christmas build, Warm and inviting full of Christmas spirit. Hugs Folly
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Christmas Gathering is such a beautiful home!! I love how you replicated snow to really give it that seasonal look. I also love the floor plan.. you always do such a great job with that!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    Wow, the sims community continues to amaze me!! I love the Christmas gathering lot. Just one question, do you use CC in any of your builds? (sorry if you have already answered this :s )
    @mattgstl, hello! It's nice to meet you and thank you for the lovely comment! :) As to your question about CC, no I do not now, nor ever have, used any CC in any of my builds, both in Sims 4 and Sims 3. :)

@rosemow, thank you for the Christmas wishes Rose! :)<3<3

masajo wrote: »
    Seasons EP has always been a favourite of mine as I love all the elements in rl and this makes the game more realistic. Sims 3 seems like a distant memory now and can't remember if the kids got 'snow days'. I did play it quite a lot when a new EP came out, but always ended up building after a few weeks. Really looking forward to the new game pack as holidays have always been a favourite too. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas time with lots of peace and joy :)
    @masajo, Isn't it funny how quickly we forget things, lol! I feel the same way about Sims 3... I'm really surprised by that cause when Sims 4 first came out, I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I didn't even get started with it till a month after it came out. Now I have no desire to get back into Sims 3 at all. I hope that changes sometime, cause I had a few projects I was working on and wish I could have finished. But for now, I only want to play S4. Thank you for the very lovely Christmas wishes and I wish the same for you and your family. :)<3

@BreeMiles, thank you so much sweet Bree! I can't believe how quickly your app thread moves, lol! Love your new avi, btw! Bree, I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Christmas and New Year! :)<3<3

@jermani, hello, it's very nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping in for a look and for the very kind comment! Happy Holidays! :)

Manssom wrote: »
    Oh wow, such a gorgeous home Cath! I love it :)
    Especially like how you have a christmas tree in more than one room :D
    Only proves that we cannot have too much Xmas stuffens ^_^
    LOL, Manssom! :p There's No Such Thing, as too much Christmas stuffens, hahaha :#:p Thank you for the lovely comment! I hope you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)<3

@follyfoot, thank you kindly for your very lovely comments, Folly! I hope you are just about ready for the holidays! I'm done shopping and just have to do the wrapping. AND, I'm really procrastinating... It's the one thing about Christmas that I Do Not enjoy at all, lol! I hope you and your family have a most Wonderful holiday season! Hugs, xxx <3

@Tiki5872, thank you so much Tiki! Such nice compliments! :) I keep telling everyone that I will be So Happy when we don't have to replicate the snow. Give us Seasons, lol! Always has been my favorite ep. Tiki, I hope you and your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)<3
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Really beautiful Cath. So many little touches that just make it special. I am wondering though, the bassinets never use to survive the upload/download transfer. Do you know if that has changed?
    Hi @sawdust and thank you! As far as the bassinets go, sadly no, they still do not transfer... I always add them anyway to see how they look, lol. Maybe somewhere down the road they'll come up with a patch to fix that and lots of other things. I would really love to be able to upgrade the items in my builds and have them stick, but so far, I can't seem to make that happen. I would also like it if the better quality veggies and fruits would stay with the build. And the paintings! The list just goes on and on. Poor EA must get sick of listening to all our complaining, lol!
    Hope you and your loved ones have Happy Holidays! o:)
    edited December 2014
    Our First Christmas 1br, 1ba.
    Lot Size: 15x20
    Cost: $19,983

Link on Gallery:
    thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/923870E389F911E483C4DBDA0D4A4C24

This little starter is all decked out for the holidays with Christmas trees both in the yard as well as indoors and with wreaths in the peaks. There's even a cozy fireplace to keep warm by. :)

12-23-14_11-48nbspAM_zps1e496c27.png
    12-23-14_11-54nbspAM-2_zps051bff9e.png
    12-23-14_11-50nbspAM_zps90204020.png
    12-23-14_11-51nbspAM_zps559b8705.png
    12-22-14_5-38nbspPM_zps0bafa6c0.png
    12-22-14_5-37nbspPM_zps179f2f3d.png
    12-22-14_5-39nbspPM_zpsbfa8ea69.png

Thanks for taking a look and Merry Christmas!

Good Night!
    12-23-14_11-56nbspAM-2_zps89f7db50.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2014
    Our First Christmas is a very nice starter home! :) The exterior and roofing looks so very nice! The brickwork texture of the exterior is nice. It looks very nice and festive how you have placed the wreaths in the peaks of the roofs and have the Christmas tree in the front yard to greet sims when coming to the home. The snowy coloured roofing and ground looks Wintery. The archway front porch entrance looks very nice! Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The green walls and the red colour of the furnishings look very festive. Nice Christmas tree alcove nook. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa in front of the fire place warming up, watching tv and reading a book. It looks nice how you have placed the red and green plants on the ledge either side of the tv. The red patterned dining table looks nice to sit at and eat the Christmas Day meals. The red and cream pattern on the bed suits the Christmas theme. The red curtains through the home look nice.
    It is a very nice starter home for sims to spend their first Christmas in :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2014
    A First Christmas is very gorgeous! :D
    I like your architectural layout and design. Great roofing and great use of bricks too! I also like your landscaping. Nice use of terrain paint. And it's awesome that you also placed the Christmas tree outside the house. And interior, fantastic! Great use of green and red color scheme, perfect holiday-themed color.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves. Looks like I already added it before posting. :)

Plus, I want to build a Christmas-themed starter home too! But since my Choco-Berry Cupcake was my last lot for 2014, maybe next year. ;)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thank you @rosemow for the lovely comments! :) Always very much appreciated. Merry Christmas! o:)<3

@RyeCris16, thank you for the very nice comments and the Fave! I Love your Choco-Berry Cupcake and I am So happy you decided to finish it! I'm not sure if I commented on it yet, but will be checking that as soon as I finish up over here. I hope you do build a Christmas Starter, Rye. I would Love to see yours! Maybe you'll have a chance to do one before the New Year? They're so tiny, they don't usually take too long to build. And this is being said by the biggest poke there is, lol! :p Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the kind comment @sawdust! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family! o:)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! :D Cath I love your second Christmas home! Lovely architecture and you have decorated it to perfection! The colours are also perfect for the season! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I nearly missed this one :sweat_smile: Loving the red, white and green in this one :)
    Such a nice use of those colors. And the roofing is adorable! The whole build is adorable! :D
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Wow, beautiful little place, great architecture :D<3 the roofs!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Cath sweetie! I love Our First Christmas home dear! It is so beautiful! I will Fav' as soon as I get back over to the gallery dear! Thank You for the wonderful comment on the Cain Family dear, it means a lot to me! I hope you have a very wonderful New Year dear!
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Absolutely gorgeous and cosy little cottage.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Love your Christmas starter Cath, it's so snowy and festive! I love how cozy it feels, perfect starter for the season. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year, 2015 is just a couple days away! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    WOW Cath! You have been super busy with so many creative builds! <3 I feel like a kid in a candy store! :D:p I struggle not having the color wheel and you are just doing...well amazing! :D
    edited December 2014
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Oh WOW! :D Cath I love your second Christmas home! Lovely architecture and you have decorated it to perfection! The colours are also perfect for the season! Well done! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. <3

Thank you so much Yanti! :) I love the new Christmas items and wanted a chance to use them once more while they're still in season, lol! :p I hope you and your family have a Wonderful New Year!! :)<3
    Manssom wrote: »
    I nearly missed this one :sweat_smile: Loving the red, white and green in this one :)
    Such a nice use of those colors. And the roofing is adorable! The whole build is adorable! :D

Lol, Manssom! :p Thank you for the wonderful comments! ;) Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! :)

Cerrydd wrote: »
    Wow, beautiful little place, great architecture :D<3 the roofs!

Thank you Cerrydd! I really appreciate you stopping in for a look! Happy New Year! :D
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Cath sweetie! I love Our First Christmas home dear! It is so beautiful! I will Fav' as soon as I get back over to the gallery dear! Thank You for the wonderful comment on the Cain Family dear, it means a lot to me! I hope you have a very wonderful New Year dear!

Thank you Bree!! I Love your Cain Family! They look like they should be in their own drama series! :) Their outfits and poses on your thread are just awesome! I hope you and your family have a Wonderful New Year too! I can't believe it's here already! :\<3
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous and cosy little cottage.

Thank you for the very sweet comments, kamb! Happy 2015! :)
    Love your Christmas starter Cath, it's so snowy and festive! I love how cozy it feels, perfect starter for the season. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year, 2015 is just a couple days away! :)

Thank you for the very kind comments Chris! We did have a very nice Christmas, in spite of the incident with my foot, lol! :p I hope you and your family enjoyed your Christmas too and Happy New Year to you too!! :D
    romagi1 wrote: »
    WOW Cath! You have been super busy with so many creative builds! <3 I feel like a kid in a candy store! :D:p I struggle not having the color wheel and you are just doing...well amazing! :D

Hahaha Ro! Thank you for the lovely comments! And I think you are doing fabulously with the colors we were given!!! But I have to agree with you about struggling sometimes to find a way to get everything to match and look well together... It was much easier when we actually had control over that. Happy New Year to you and your family, Ro! :D<3
    Oh, I meant to say that I Love your new avi! She's Gorgeous!!! ;)
    edited March 2015
    New England Charm
    Lot size: 30x40 4br, 3ba.
    Cost: $256,392

Gallery Link

This is another home I had planned on making in Sims 3 for a long time, but never got around to doing.
    Now that we have MOO back, I wanted to try an outdoor kitchen. I tucked the grill into the counters so it looks built in and was happy to see that it still works perfectly! :) It's funny how some things will stay in place with MOO and others just disappear. I do find that if things seem to missing and you use the "bb.objects" cheat before placing the lot, while in build mode, most things will be where they were placed. There are those random items that just won't stay though. I try to make sure I remove the ones that don't seem to be working, while I'm play testing. Hopefully not too many slip by. :s:p

12-28-14_5-00nbspPM-2_zpsb2f18555.png
    12-28-14_5-00nbspPM_zps9d329fa1.png

The backyard with outdoor kitchen, playhouse for the kiddies and small garden:
    12-28-14_11-55nbspAM_zps82e0362b.png
    12-28-14_11-55nbspAM-2_zpsfb16281d.png
    12-28-14_11-57nbspAM-2_zpsbb470d87.png
    12-28-14_11-58nbspAM_zps2021c763.png

Birds Eye Views:
    12-29-14_10-16nbspAM-2_zpsf7d288cc.png
    12-29-14_10-17nbspAM-3_zpscbb8cd02.png
    12-29-14_10-17nbspAM-5_zps5089eb38.png

Coming through the front entrance, the living room is straight ahead:
    12-28-14_11-59nbspAM-2_zpsaa054ac4.png
    12-28-14_12-05nbspPM-3_zpsad41c89b.png

The dining room is to the right of the living room and a nice big kitchen is just past the dining room:
    12-29-14_10-18nbspAM-2_zpsd50e957c.png
    12-28-14_12-17nbspPM-2_zps53a3524a.png
    12-29-14_10-19nbspAM-4_zpse37a75d1.png

At the back of the living room, there are two rooms. One is a study and the other is a sun room filled with plants and overlooking the back yard:
    12-28-14_12-11nbspPM_zpse487d104.png
    12-28-14_12-06nbspPM-2_zpsabdb72ed.png

Heading back through the hall to the upstairs, there's a little play area in the upper hall landing:
    12-28-14_12-11nbspPM-2_zps6c28e636.png
    12-28-14_12-26nbspPM_zps90a1f3ec.png

The master bedroom has its own private bath and there are three other bedrooms:
    12-29-14_10-21nbspAM-2_zps56a2fd8c.png
    12-28-14_12-28nbspPM-2_zps302f6ac5.png
    12-28-14_12-30nbspPM-3_zpsf618c3cd.png
    12-28-14_12-30nbspPM-2_zps91c72e8c.png
    12-28-14_12-30nbspPM-4_zps6379dacc.png
    12-28-14_12-31nbspPM_zps74e59f2f.png
    12-28-14_12-31nbspPM-3_zps5e32daf0.png
    12-28-14_12-31nbspPM-2_zps3fda2823.png

And that's, that! Thank you for stopping by for a look and Happy New Year!!!

Nite nite!
    12-28-14_11-49nbspAM_zps6502f929.png
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    New England Charm is very nice! :) The exterior design and roofing is very nice! Very nice wraparound front porch! The flowers either side of the front door are sunny for sims to see when entering the home. They will enjoy sitting on the seat bench on the front porch in the outdoors air. The flowrr cart is nice for them to see whilst sitting there. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers on the edges of the footpaths! The flowers look so pretty how you have placed them on the edges of the front fence! Very nice backyard patio area! It looks very nice how you have done the outdoors kitchen area! It looks great how you have placed the grill into the counter, and the candles are nice touches there. Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine eating a meal they have cooked on the grill. They will have fun swimming in the pool. The flowers look so very pretty lining the back fence and the back porch too! The bird bath is a nice touch there. The kids playhouse is very nice! The flower box open shutter windows look nice there. Very nice fenced off and gated gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. The large tree looks great there. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! Nice sitting nook area in the entrance area of the home beside the staircase. The picture on the wall and the plants and candles on the side table are nice for sims to see when passing through or sitting there. Very nice living room! The mooing work in the home looks so very great! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases either side of the tv and fireplace! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa and arnchairs there, for sims to enjoy sitting warming up in front of the fire having a read, watching tv and chatting. The grandfather clock there looks homely. Very nice dining room! It looks very nice how you have placed the lights on the walls! The flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see as they eat their meals. The teaset is a nice touch on the side table. Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! It looks so nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The texture of the kitchen walls looks great. The island bar stool counter is nice. The eat in breakfast nook area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plates decor either sude of the door there and the plates display cabinets there look nice. Very nice warm looking study! The green and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or enjoy relaxing in the arnchair having a read and warming up by the fire. The clock looks homely on the ledge. The sunroom is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the armchsirs there and have the plants, flowers, and the fruit themed pictures on the wall for sims to enjoy seeing whilst the sunshine comes in. It is a very nice setting for sitting and chatting. Child sims will have fun playing with the doll house on the upper landing. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Nice patterns and colours that you have used for the bedroom walls. It looks nice how you have placed the floor rugs under the master bed. It looks nice how you have done the shelves alcove in the master bathroom.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    A definite charmer Cath. :) I love the way you have made it look "homely". It makes me want to walk in, throw my coat off, kick off my shoes and put my feet up on the coffee table. Of course, I'll have to cuff myself behind the ear because I hate it when people put their feet on the coffee table. :D