Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Greystone Legacy is wonderful! Wow, your attention to detail both inside and out is honestly amazing! I love your use of counters and cupboards throughout the home to make such realistic looking pieces of furniture.

Fantastic job!!!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    I love, love, love your work! <3 So wonderful! My favorite is the Flower Power Park! You are such a talented a creative builder, Cath! Hugs, B
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Greystone Legacy is outstanding! The interiors and the exteriors so very well done!! An exceptional build in every way!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Stunning build Cath so beautifully furnished. A great layout, I love the outdoor entertainment areas. Hugs Folly
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your wonderfully kind words! :) It always puts a smile on my face, to see that you have stopped by for a look and left one of your lovely reviews! :)<3

Thank you @RyeCris16 for the kind comments and for the fave! :)

Hello @yanti68! Thank you for both the lovely comments and the fave! It's always such a pleasure to *see* you, my friend :)<3

Hi @Chris2fer03! Thanks so much for stopping in and for your awesome comments! I really appreciate them. :);) I got such a kick out of your Griswold Home! :p Awesome work with all those lights! I will be popping by your thread in just a couple. :)

Thank you @CountryCutie516! :)

@BryonyRae, you know, at first I thought it was so much faster building in S4 than in S3, but sometimes it Still takes me Forever to decide just what to do with the interiors and landscaping, lol! Thank you for your wonderful comments! :)<3

@Mannsom, thank you for the most awesome of comments! I see that you are back up to your *speed* building, lol! I keep seeing your new builds and before I have a chance to comment on your latest, the next one takes its place! All of them are just Gorgeous and I will be hopping over to your thread next. B)

Hi @misscbong and thank you for your very lovely comments! :)

Aww, @Brennachan... thank you for those very kind words! :)<3

@Tiki5872, thank you! I really appreciate your wonderful comments and for stopping by for a peek. :)<3

It's always such a pleasure to *see* you, @follyfoot! Thanks so much for your very kind comments! :)<3
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Your houses are very climate.
    Most liked the idea of playing a real home here
    Beautifully you build the game victorians buildings
    Also I like the idea of the fairytale park and colorful décor in your homes.
    @Dels, thank you so much for your very kind words! :) It's so nice to know that the homes play well! As far as the park goes, I really just wanted to use that cute little flower shaped pool and didn't think I could make it work with a family home. Thanks for stopping in for a look! :D
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Greystone Legacy is a perfect family home! Just the kind I like my sims to live in. I think I'll be downloading it for my legacy family to someday own. I will just have to make them live in a shack until they can save money for it. Gorgeous home!!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

edited December 2014
    A Christmas Gathering 4br, 3ba
    Lot size: 30x40
    Cost: will edit

Link on Gallery:
    thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8759B3B287B611E485383EC0A2E1BD11

Tis the Season! Once we got the new Christmas items, who could resist building something to use them in? :p

This is actually a home I made in Sims 3 a few years ago. It's a nice size home for a big family. It has four bedrooms, plus a nursery located just past the dressing area of the Master suite. On the main floor, there's a kitchen with eat-in area, formal dining room, family room, study, music room and sun room. Each of these rooms has its own Christmas tree, something I do in my own home. Except I don't put one on the sun porch cause it's too cold to sit out there, lol! Out back, there's a pool, vegetable and fruit garden and play house for the little ones.

12-19-14_4-15nbspPM_zps4210c68f.png
    12-19-14_7-14nbspPM_zps7dd36af0.png
    12-19-14_4-16nbspPM_zps4a518eb3.png

The Playhouse:
    12-19-14_5-32nbspPM-2_zps9681e0be.png
    12-19-14_5-29nbspPM_zpse6725b27.png
    12-19-14_7-44nbspPM_zps6beaff42.png

Birds Eye Views:
    12-19-14_10-20nbspPM_zps5fab2367.png
    12-19-14_10-21nbspPM_zps7c3fc067.png
    12-19-14_10-34nbspPM_zps08f82dad.png

Upon entering the home, the study is to the right, dining room on the left and kitchen straight ahead:
    12-19-14_4-19nbspPM_zpseb133a99.png
    12-19-14_4-19nbspPM-2_zps8ee3eeff.png
    12-19-14_4-21nbspPM_zps0c736add.png

12-19-14_4-23nbspPM_zpsf2163037.png
    12-19-14_4-23nbspPM-3_zps6b2f1100.png

12-19-14_4-25nbspPM-3_zpseae2cf18.png

Family room and music rooms are located just off the kitchen:
    12-19-14_4-51nbspPM-2_zps2e6d3bcf.png
    12-19-14_4-56nbspPM-2_zpse9aab2db.png

Sun room:
    12-19-14_5-04nbspPM_zps1800bcae.png
    12-19-14_5-08nbspPM-2_zps743f1ae4.png

Upstairs Landing:
    12-19-14_5-13nbspPM_zps67e57896.png

Master Suite:
    12-19-14_5-25nbspPM-3_zps22ef8133.png

12-19-14_5-27nbspPM-2_zps022d5d44.png
    12-19-14_5-24nbspPM_zps8fcd26b5.png
    12-19-14_5-27nbspPM-3_zpsda4170da.png

Kids room:
    12-19-14_5-28nbspPM_zps0ef83a78.png
    12-19-14_5-28nbspPM-2_zps3df5346a.png

Teen girls room:
    12-19-14_5-18nbspPM-2_zps6627c384.png
    12-19-14_5-19nbspPM_zpsf0b4a271.png

Teen boys room:
    12-19-14_5-22nbspPM_zps8c434e31.png
    12-19-14_5-20nbspPM-3_zps2ed6b1ed.png

And that's it! Thank you for stopping by for a peek!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!
    12-19-14_7-08nbspPM_zps55ede0a5.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    Greystone Legacy is a perfect family home! Just the kind I like my sims to live in. I think I'll be downloading it for my legacy family to someday own. I will just have to make them live in a shack until they can save money for it. Gorgeous home!!

We must have been posting at the same time. :# Lol, about the shack Pally! :p Thank you for the very kind comments!

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! :D That is a perfect home for the holidays! I love how you have chosen the white roof and the white ground. Makes it look like snow! Very clever idea dear Cath! Inside all the rooms are perfectly decorated. Looks so cosy and welcoming especially with the holiday decor! Already added to my favourites. <3 (*) (*) (*)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    A Christmas Gathering is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The snowy roof is very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the open shutter windows and have placed Christmas wreaths on them. The snow covered ground looks great and the snowman outside the front of the home is a cute welcoming sight for the sims to see when coming home. The Christmas tree looks very nice and pretty in the front yard. It looks very nice how you have lined the edges of the front footpath with the plants. The red and white colour and shone texture of the exterior walls looks very nice. The wreaths look very nice placed on the roofing for sims to enjoy seeing. Very nice backyard and pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy sitting poolsude on the seats at the table, enjoying the sunshine. The exterior design of the playhouse is very nice! The red and white colour of it and the snowflake pattern on it looks very nice. Child sims will have lots of fun in their playhouse playing with the doll house, or doing artwork on the art table or enjoy sitting on the arnchairs watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. The animal pictures look cute on the wall! . It looks very nice how you have placed the trains in a circle around the base of the tree beside the playhouse! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The green colour of the walls and wreaths on the wall in the entrance area is very nice for sims to see when entering the home. The study is very nice! The silver Christmas tree and the blue colour of the curtsins look very nice together there. Nice atmchsirs fireplace sitting area in the room for sims to enjoy restong and having a read whilst warming up. Nice study desk area for sims to enjoy sitying using the computer at the desk. The lamps on the window sills and fireplace ledge and the clock on the fireplace are nice touches in the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets there! The island bar stool and stove counter is great! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the other kitchen counter. Very nice eating area in the kitcen! It looks nice how you have placed the plates display cabinets in the corner of the room. The red colour of the kitchen walls looks festive and nice. It is nice that you have the Christmas tree in the room for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking and dining. The separate dining room is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the wreath and garland on the wall. The fireplace will keep sims warm. The golden Christmas tree adds elegance to the room for when Sims are enjoying eating there. Very nice corner armchairs sitting nook area. It looks nice the patterned floor rugs that you have used in the rooms. Very nice living room! The green colour of the walls looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting watching tv together and warming up near the fire, enjoying Christmastime chatting. The teaset, flowers and candles on the coffee table are nice touches there. The music room is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the armchairs there, listening to music from the grand piano being played. The types of and how you have placed the curtains in the rooms through the home are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the seats there with the tables on the sides of them, and the angled seat in the corner. The flowers on the pedestals and the vases and clock on the fireplace are nice touches in the room. Very nice light filled sunroom! It looks such a nice sunny place for sims to enjoy sitting there with the sunshine coming in through the windows, and enjoy the nice sight of all the plants and flowers there. It looks nice how you have placed Christmas trees in all of the rooms. Nice upstairs landing art nook area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice layout and furnishing of the bedrooms! The master suite is very nice! The green and red colour scheme of it is very nice. Nice arnchairs fireplace sitting arra there. Sims will enjoy using the computer at the study desk table nook, and seeing the wreath on the wall facing them. The festive themed pictures on the bedhead wall looks nice. Very nice vanity table in the master bathroom! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets there! The animal pictures look cute on the wall in the nursery! The lady bug rug looks great too! Very nice kids rooms! Nice colour schemes that you have used in the rooms. Very nice study desk nook areas in them for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables using the computers or reading books from the bookcases. Nice corner tv watching area in the teen boys room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Lovely kitchen, it's really cool that you picked 2 different types of counters, it works well together. The playhouse is such a cute addition, I can just imagine myself as a kid wanting to live inside that little thing! And the circle of toy cars under the tree, nice touch!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Gorgeous new homes Cath. Loving both Greystone Legacy and A Christmas Gathering. Just wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones too :Do:)
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Ms Cath, it's perfect!! Wonderfully merry and charming. LOVE the little play house!! Super Mooing!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @WrathofCath absolutely love Flower Power Park and Christmas Cottage. Am now following you so I can easily download more of your builds.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Merry Christmas Cath! :D
    A Christmas Gathering is very gorgeous, adorable, and perfect for Christmas! :D
    Your architecture is very great. I like the layout, and even the design. Great use of red wall patterns, perfect Christmas-themed colors, and even your roofing too. I also like your landscaping. Great use of plants, even your bushes as pathway. Your backyard is very adorable too. I really like your mini-trains around the tree. And your furnishing part, awesome! Adorable playhouse by the way.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my favorites. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Beautiful house!
    It looks very fairy tale.
    The interiors are beautiful and have a really festive atmosphere.
    The use of flowers goes well with Christmas decorations
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Cath, A Christmas Gathering is such a festive holiday home. I love the snowy exterior and each room has a Christmas theme with a tree. Beautifully done. :) Also, I love the shelf, window candle idea! I tried that with the candles in the clutter section but your idea is perfect...so perfect I might borrow it! :p<3 Merry Christmas!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Hello Cath, hope you don't mind if I stopped to see your works.
    A Christmas Gathering is adorable, i love it! It gets myself into the Christmas Feeling!! <3
    I'm going to play with it and I'll follow you. :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    A Christmas Gathering is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully decorated. Really like how you've made the ground and roof look like they're covered in snow, excellent work :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    yanti68 wrote: »
    WOW! :D That is a perfect home for the holidays! I love how you have chosen the white roof and the white ground. Makes it look like snow! Very clever idea dear Cath! Inside all the rooms are perfectly decorated. Looks so cosy and welcoming especially with the holiday decor! Already added to my favourites. <3 (*) (*) (*)

@yanti68, Thank you for your lovely comments and fave, Yanti! I had to improvise with the *fake* snow on the ground and roof, lol! I will be so happy when and IF, we get Season's. That has always been my favorite EP in each of the Sims games. :)<3 I hope you and your loved ones have a most Wonderful holiday season, my friend! :)<3

@rosemow, thank you so much, sweet Rose! These forums wouldn't be the same without your wonderfully kind and thoughtful comments. :)<3 I hope you and your family enjoy a loving and peaceful holiday season! Hugs, xxx

@Cerrydd, thank you for your very kind words! I wasn't sure at first about using the different counters. I'm usually a matchy-matchy type of girl, but I wanted the look of a cook top (wish we had those in game) and it just looked better with the industrial style counters. I guess we have to do something to mix things up a little and try new ways of using the same things over and over again. Hope we get some new stuff soon, lol! :p Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones! :)

@soocoolsim, thank you for both the sweet comment and the holiday wishes! I hope you and your family have Very Lovely Holidays too! :)<3

Merry Christmas, @Cassee!!! :D<3 Thank you for your lovely comment! I am sooo excited that we finally have MOO again!!! Even though there are some problems with it.... I have been lurking over on Bry's thread to keep up with what everyone is experiencing. I hope these issues can be resolved soon, along with a ton of others. *gripe, gripe, gripe* :p

kamb1403 wrote: »
    @WrathofCath absolutely love Flower Power Park and Christmas Cottage. Am now following you so I can easily download more of your builds.

Thank you for the most awesome of compliments, @kamb1403! I can't tell you how much I appreciate them! I hope you and your loved ones have a most Wonderful Christmas! :)<3

@RyeCris16, thank you for your wonderful comments and for the fave!! I'm very happy you liked it! Those trains were a real pain to get just right, lol! And the thing is, at first I had them in the front yard but decided I didn't like the way they looked. I was so hoping that I could just pick the whole thing up at once, (like we can do with the whole house), but Nooo.... I had to reassemble the entire thing in the backyard. Sigh. Well at least they look cute, lol! :p Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones, Rye!

Thank you @Dels! The fairytale part made me really happy! :)o:) Hope you and your loved ones are enjoying the holiday season! :D
    Cath, A Christmas Gathering is such a festive holiday home. I love the snowy exterior and each room has a Christmas theme with a tree. Beautifully done. :) Also, I love the shelf, window candle idea! I tried that with the candles in the clutter section but your idea is perfect...so perfect I might borrow it! :p<3 Merry Christmas!

@Chris2fer03- Thank you Chris!! Lol about the candle idea! :p Please, borrow away! :D I did the same thing for a Christmas build in Sims 3, but we had a really cool candle that looked like it had an actual flame. I wish there were more choices for us now. I hope you and your family have a perfectly lovely Christmas!
    Hello Cath, hope you don't mind if I stopped to see your works.
    A Christmas Gathering is adorable, i love it! It gets myself into the Christmas Feeling!! <3
    I'm going to play with it and I'll follow you. :)

@superbibi11, thank you so very much for your very kind words and for the follow and DL. All are very much appreciated! :)<3 I hope you and your loved ones have a most Wonderful holiday season! :)

masajo wrote: »
    A Christmas Gathering is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully decorated. Really like how you've made the ground and roof look like they're covered in snow, excellent work :D

@masajo, we must have been posting at the same time, lol! Thank you so much for the very kind comments! :) I was just saying earlier that I cannot Wait till we (hopefully) get Season's!! That EP has always been my favorite. I remember in Sims 2 how sometimes when it snowed, the kids would get a "no school" day. I used to love that! I don't think we got that in Sims 3, did we? I actually *played* the game way more in sims 2, but with S3, I spent nearly all my time building, so I could be wrong. Anyway, thank you again masajo and I hope you and your loved ones have Wonderful Holidays! :)<3
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Wow, the sims community continues to amaze me!! I love the Christmas gathering lot. Just one question, do you use CC in any of your builds? (sorry if you have already answered this :s )