Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Red.neck Arkateck (Architect) Challenge

ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
Ok Builders, I don't know if you guys will consider this a 'challenge' or not, but here ya go. It's not a long one but it'll keep you busy for a bit. It's simple in the concept but not exactly easy to do, though not too hard either.

Choose any ONE of the 40x30 sized lots. Can not be anything larger than that. ALL units MUST be built within the confines of this one single lot. You may use any cheat or Mod that does not interfere with the size of the lot. (Just in case there IS one out there.) Yes, this means you CAN use MOO if you wish.

Build :

10 individual housing units consisting of:

5 Units with 1 bedroom each.

5 units with 2 bedrooms each.

Out of the 5 units with 2 bedrooms, 2 of them MUST sleep a family of 4 or more. There must be at least 3 beds in these units.

1 Bedroom units must sleep at least 2 Sims.

All 10 of the Units MUST be only 1 story..., NO SECOND level to any of the units.

All units MUST be stand alone units. NO duplexes, NO apartments & NO condos.

All units MUST have a Kitchen, a Living Room & at least 1 Full Bathroom with shower and/or tub, sink and toilet.

All Kitchens must be complete with stove, fridge & sink and be fully functional for Sims to use.

All beds must be set so the Sim can use the bed.

Added: You may combine living rooms/kitchens & dining areas. However bed rooms and baths must be separate from the main ares of each unit.

The house must be fully functional for easy use by all Sims living there.

Each unit must be complete and decorated.

The unit park (lot) itself must be fully landscaped, decorated & ready for Sim use.

ENJOY.

P.s. Your build doesn't have to be in the style of a Mobile Home Park but it is this concept that gave birth to this challenge thus the name of Red.neck Arkateck.

Origin ID:
coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

Post edited by Zarriel on

Comments

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    This does sound challenging. I sounds fun too. The name of your challenge is what caught my eye. I'm glad I looked. :)
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    This does sound challenging. I sounds fun too. The name of your challenge is what caught my eye. I'm glad I looked. :)

Aw, thx! I'm glad someone will enjoy it. Have a great time building.
    Origin ID:

• LTCWoodwardLTCWoodward Posts: 49 Member
    Have you completed this challenge? I am working on it now and I'm curious to see if it will all fit.
    15424852334_5e5125d947_s.jpg12-17-14_8-21 PM (2) by ltcwoodward, on Flickr

This is what I have so far.
    edited December 2014
    Have you completed this challenge? I am working on it now and I'm curious to see if it will all fit.

Yup, sure have. It's on the gallery under SimieKins. I think I named it..., Liberty Trailer Park...or Liberty Mobile Home Park....something like that. Anyway, you can find it under SimieKins. And yes, it will all fit. Ya just gotta get creative with it... :D Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!
    Origin ID:

Zarriel wrote: »

Yup, sure have. It's on the gallery under SimieKins. I think I named it..., Liberty Trailer Park...or Liberty Mobile Home Park....something like that. Anyway, you can find it under SimieKins. And yes, it will all fit. Ya just gotta get creative with it... :D Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!

Looks Amazing; I think I am making my houses to big! I will press on. I think it is a great building challenge.
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I am not a huge builder, but have gotten a little more into it with the Sims 4. Always was annoyed that when I messed up the whole room had to be demolished and now I can just move them! Will be trying this after the holidays-- won't have access to my game for a bit! :(
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    This sounds like fun, may have to do this :) Would love it if You post pics here on this thread of your finished lots.
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • LTHamLTHam Posts: 10 New Member
    I hate building. I hate it. But having played The Sims for long over a decade, I've decided that my personal goal for TS4 is to do things I don't usually like. This is the absolute perfect challenge to get me interested in building. Thank you for sharing! I'll bookmark and come back (one day in the future) to share my lot. :)
  • thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    I really like this challenge! I think I will use it for my leagcy, All the diffrent family members in diffrent houses, Twins and married couples share. thanks @Zarriel
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2015
    Going to try this now. Is there a specific hashtag you want using when sharing to the gallery?

Also, are we allowed combined rooms/open-plan designs, like kitchen-diners or kitchen-living-dining rooms?
  • HoldMyFlowerHoldMyFlower Posts: 136 Member
    Building is one of my favorite parts of the game so this is right up my alley. Definitely going to be trying this out soon.
    "I like being weird. Weird is all I've got. That and my sweet style."
    - Maurice Moss
    Hi everyone...sorry about not getting back to you all until now. With everything going down...the holidays, patches and now GTW I've been out there in space somewhere. So now I've been going through my old post and finding where I needed to update. I'll post some pics of mine for you guys to see.

Nice builds! They look fantastic!
    LTHam wrote: »
    I hate building. I hate it. But having played The Sims for long over a decade, I've decided that my personal goal for TS4 is to do things I don't usually like. This is the absolute perfect challenge to get me interested in building. Thank you for sharing! I'll bookmark and come back (one day in the future) to share my lot. :)

Have you been able to start the build yet? Lets us know.

thefairose wrote: »
    I really like this challenge! I think I will use it for my leagcy, All the diffrent family members in diffrent houses, Twins and married couples share. thanks @Zarriel

Oh, exactly what I was thinking it would be good for! Great minds..., lol

EmmaVane wrote: »
    Going to try this now. Is there a specific hashtag you want using when sharing to the gallery?

Also, are we allowed combined rooms/open-plan designs, like kitchen-diners or kitchen-living-dining rooms?

How about #arkateck ? If you want to use one...I would guess that one would be it. I'm guessing that all I have to do to set up a hashtag. Never made on before. I have a Twitter acc. but I'm not really into it...I'm a facebook person. You may have living room/kitchen/dining room combos. But bedrooms need to be separate rooms.
    Building is one of my favorite parts of the game so this is right up my alley. Definitely going to be trying this out soon.

Good luck!
    Origin ID:

• kellymariesmallkellymariesmall Posts: 3 New Member
    youtube.com/watch?v=1ocbiRN2CvE

Here is part one of mine :)
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I'm into it. I might do this on my upcoming weekend. (Which for me is Thurs and Fri :p) If'n I do, I'll post pics.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

edited May 2015
    Great job, Kelly! I love your ideas and can't wait to see part 2!
    youtube.com/watch?v=1ocbiRN2CvE

Here is part one of mine :)

Origin ID:

Here are a few snapshots of my build. I should have already had them up! Sheesh, I gotta get with the program! lol

03-27-15_9-51nbspPM-2_zpsoybilfjr.png

03-27-15_9-51nbspPM-3_zpsi9gpahxp.png

03-27-15_9-50nbspPM_zpsu2w8eyqd.png

03-27-15_9-49nbspPM_zpswkmbvfic.png

03-27-15_9-51nbspPM_zpskx90waxu.png

Origin ID:

I'm into it. I might do this on my upcoming weekend. (Which for me is Thurs and Fri :p) If'n I do, I'll post pics.

Can't wait to see them, Lovebypondside.
    Origin ID:

• lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »

Can't wait to see them, Lovebypondside.

Now that I've seen your screenshots I really wanna! :D
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• TrendniqGamesTrendniqGames Posts: 82 Member
    I'm going to do this challenge!

Can annyone tell me what "red.neck" means? :o
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to do this challenge!

Can anyone tell me what "red.neck" means? :o

@Trendnig - Do you know who Jeff Foxworthy is? If not, he's a comedian who has a "You might be a red.neck, if..." routine. You can google him if you're not sure. Very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWnGqrHAVBg
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm going to try this again now that we have lockable doors. Lets get building those trailer parks, folks! :p
    Then we can fill them with weird and wonderful characters to make our towns... Interesting...
  • MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2015
    Having some fun with this one... sims aren't required to be comfortable, are they? ;)

Edit: This reeeaaally makes me wish the game had bunk beds! I hadn't realized that it didn't until this challenge but now the lack of them makes me really sad :(
  • NightingaleNexisNightingaleNexis Posts: 12 New Member
    I think I want to do this challenge :) I will post it to youtube when I'm done, after families are created for it...well one big family I suppose :lol: