Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    You haven't seen how small the Sims 4 worlds are I guess. They're tiny. If Sims 3 worlds -- that usually had over 80 lots with many houses, decor items, new Sims, CAS items, some premium content -- went for $20, I cannot imagine something like this going for the same amount.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    $20? Heh, now I know why they're not releasing CAW.

The price is not official...

That's a relief. I hope it's not $20. I'm thinking $5-$10 may be appropriate just based on what DLCs from non-EA games generally cost.

This may come out soon. It wouldn't surprise me if the free Christmas pack is a test to see how well this delivery system works.

Actually, vast majority of EA DLC is in the $2-$15 range. Except Battlefield DLC, which has some higher priced things. Sims 3 really was the exception, with crazy priced stuff and copious amounts of it.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Glic2003 wrote: »
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg

Looks like just 3 hoods? Unless there is another image that contains the highlighting for the other hoods.

It looks like there could be three distinct areas of a neighberhood or 3 neighberhoods

In other words more money for a smaller world.... :(

Hard to say if the world is actually smaller or not. It just could be that it's the same size of world but divided differently. Imagine 2 or 3 Magnolia blossom parks with all the surrounding public area....maybe it's like that!

That might be great for some, but for me personally it would be a step backwards. To me the worlds are too small as is, and I would love more worlds that had more lots, not less.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

xjDhCbp.jpg

Looks like just 3 hoods? Unless there is another image that contains the highlighting for the other hoods.

It looks like there could be three distinct areas of a neighberhood or 3 neighberhoods

Hard to say if the world is actually smaller or not. It just could be that it's the same size of world but divided differently. Imagine 2 or 3 Magnolia blossom parks with all the surrounding public area....maybe it's like that!

That might be great for some, but for me personally it would be a step backwards. To me the worlds are too small as is, and I would love more worlds that had more lots, not less.

Yep. But they are calling this a "destination" and not a world.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i think it would be too less for a whole expansion to be honest. It looks more like a part of it or just a way to expand the world. Maybe a little payed/free update. dont know.. but i kinda like it to be honest. They created something totally different that we didnt see before in this scenario.. (i know i know, you dont have to tell me about ts1, ts2, ts3 camping, it was different).

If it would bring a lot more, it could be very cool.. i am always exited to go to a new world, new house, new environment with my sims and let it surprise me :D
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Turtlez98 wrote: »
    $20???
    So it begins... the overpriced everything just like with the Sims 3 Store.
    Are "game packs" their sneaky way for selling stuff that should have been in a Sims 4 store.... :unamused:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    $20???
    Are "game packs" their sneaky way for selling stuff that should have been in a Sims 4 store.... :unamused:

Yup it appears so, since there's no word (yet) of a separate store. Though many people would also take the stance that nothing should have been sold in a Sims 4 store, and should all have been in the base game or EP.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    $20???

Well, probably, except now there won't be individual items.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm so freaking glad were getting this. Now we can get campfires and or firepits again. As I said earlier I hope there are some large waterfalls which are loud sims can get close to. Glad to see tents returning and also expect those to be a new woohoo site. I hope these campsites have restrooms built onto them.

Also as for the release date I"d say Mid January to Early Feb since it's also being sold at retail. They would probebly need about a month or two for preorders. I can't freaking wait to get this new world. I hope it comes with log cabins.

xjDhCbp.jpg

Hmm then it will probelby work like a vacation hood or a subhood in TS2.

Hmm the name Granite Falls suggest waterfalls. I hope we get some big ones and we can actually hear the roar.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Even if there were only a few items/interactions and a small world, I´d still gladly play up to twenty-five euro, if I knew I´d use these elements regularly. Much better than paying 40 for a full EP, but only ever using a fraction of the content (i.e. in Sims 3 I´d have to buy University just to get plantsims).

xjDhCbp.jpg

Hmm then it will probelby work like a vacation hood or a subhood in TS2.

That's what I'm thinking CLP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I've only just finished making my own camping grounds with the base game. Was thinking recently how much a camping style pack would be welcomed. I'd probably buy this to be honest. The world map looks tiny which is a shame though.

Not the kind of thing the game needed right now. They could have spent the time on more important features but oh well. Something about a camping holiday which makes the sorry state of our families that much more depressing.
    Even if there were only a few items/interactions and a small world, I´d still gladly play up to twenty-five euro, if I knew I´d use these elements regularly. Much better than paying 40 for a full EP, but only ever using a fraction of the content (i.e. in Sims 3 I´d have to buy University just to get plantsims).

So after doing the conversion from Euros to Australian dollars, I must say, I'm pretty surprised you'd pay $38 Australian dollars (or $31 American dollars) for this type of DLC.

*walks away shaking head*
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I love this! Camping was one of my favorite parts of World Adventures and the TS2 vacation EP. Maybe they'll bring back sleeping bags (must-have) and some of the quirky elements like Sasquatch.
    Quest based? Why?
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    Isn't that pretty much what EA charged for DLC in the Sims 3?
    Chimark wrote: »
    Isn't that pretty much what EA charged for DLC in the Sims 3?

It was usually $25+ for a world, with premium items. About $17 for a set of things.

Really depends on opinion if people think it's worthwhile. But I think it would be wise for the people in charge of the DLC pricing to consider that an already mediocre game isn't going to be helped by overpriced (by comparison with other, better games) DLC. :)
  • KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hello everyone. Glad to see you are digging deep into today's Update to find all the "hidden" stuff. Just wanted to let you know that we will be making an official announcement on Friday. Nope, not going to confirm what the announcement is. I will leave you to guess.
    2zox5.jpg

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Hmm marshmallows :o
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    Hello everyone. Glad to see you are digging deep into today's Update to find all the "hidden" stuff. Just wanted to let you know that we will be making an official announcement on Friday. Nope, not going to confirm what the announcement is. I will leave you to guess.

*Gets popcorn ready!*
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2014
    2zox5.jpg

"Plum, I will eat you"
    latest?cb=20140204061640

I'd use the gif, but it has language in.
    But on a serious note, yay news! They didn't waste time with this little project here.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock