Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see Origin is releasing Sim City 2000?

2...Next

Comments

• SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I just downloaded it and had it open for a few minutes and didn't know what to do!. So I exited. Where do I start?. I have never played any of the Sims City games.

I'm with you. I am going to open it in a few minutes and will probably have to do some online searches to know what to do. Maybe someone here can steer us somewhere.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited December 2014
    DAYUM dem graphics tho.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Just got the email today where Origin is releasing Special Edition Sim City 2000 for pc. Omg, so excited. I played SC 2000 back in 1995-96 when it was first released, for hours and hours. So much fun! Forgot to say, it's FREE!

Thank you Origin!! <3

HI! How are ya!
    I never had any SimCity before. I grabbed this one. Will get to try it soon.

Edit:
    Wow! I just realized two post have been combined. Was very confused for a few minutes. Now it seems I have replied twice. :p

Selah! Hi honey! <3

Glad you dl'ed SC 2000. It's an oldie but a goodie, lol. I had forgotten about the graphics. :#

It took me a few minutes to refresh my memory about the icons but then, doing good.

Very brief tut...must start with power plant, nothing runs without power, then must place power lines. If a building or set of buildings has the lightening bolt, it doesn't have power. Keep checking your R/C/I bars to see which one the city needs most, R=residential, C=commercial, I=industrial. Try not to put industrial too near residential, they don't like the pollution. I usually put fire and police in after that. You have all your utilities, plus mass transit, public services (clinics and schools and libraries) and have to manage city budget on top of that. It's a hoot and I think this version or SC 3000 was used in schools to teach economics, way back when.

I can only hope they (EA) does the same thing for SC 3000, my all time fav.

Happy Simming! :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    @bshag4lv
    Thank you so much! <3 I started the game today, was a little lost, so closed it. I'll try it again in a few days since you told me where to start. I took notes. :D
    I just didn't have time today to search for answers.

I'm giving milk, brownies and virtual hugs tonight so here... have some.

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    sims152318 wrote: »
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO (SC 2000 was released in 1993). I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)

old graphics dont always equal bad gameplay . Maybe companies like EA could learn from that fact .

I didn't say that SC 2000 was horrible gameplay-wise because of the graphics. I just said I couldn't handle them because of how amazing the graphics look in this current generation of gaming. ;) Anyways, I tried SC 2000 and I had a lot of fun with it. I spent at least 4 hours playing last night. :)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO (SC 2000 was released in 1993). I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)

old graphics dont always equal bad gameplay . Maybe companies like EA could learn from that fact .

I didn't say that SC 2000 was horrible gameplay-wise because of the graphics. I just said I couldn't handle them because of how amazing the graphics look in this current generation of gaming. ;) Anyways, I tried SC 2000 and I had a lot of fun with it. I spent at least 4 hours playing last night. :)

good to know . Now if only they would give away SC3000 unlimited or SC4 for free lol
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member

good to know . Now if only they would give away SC3000 unlimited or SC4 for free lol

Yeah. I want SC4 for free as well. I really want to create custom terrains for TS2.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I just got it this afternoon. I haven't tried it yet, since I was heading to play my sims3. I never played any of the Sim City games - Sims3 is my very first sims game. Ok, you know where this is heading... my "duh-um" question - How do the Sim City games differ from just regular Sims games. Lord, I feel ignorant.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    In Sim City games you are managing a City not playing with its citizens
  • stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    It's been at least 15 years since I last played any Sim City game, took me a while to remember how to play it lol. I couldn't remember how to build a power plant.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I got SC2000 last night and played it for a few hours and nearly bankrupted the city because I started building too fast.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited December 2014
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I got SC2000 last night and played it for a few hours and nearly bankrupted the city because I started building too fast.

haha thats common in the first go around even on easy . don it myself a million times ,
  • CollectTheShellsCollectTheShells Posts: 62 Member
    In my old Sim City days I always wanted to be able to take control of the people like in the Sims. Funny that.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    @bshag4lv
    Thank you so much! <3 I started the game today, was a little lost, so closed it. I'll try it again in a few days since you told me where to start. I took notes. :D
    I just didn't have time today to search for answers.

I'm giving milk, brownies and virtual hugs tonight so here... have some.

Thank you, God how I love milk and brownies, almost as much as I love virtual hugs. <3

Just remember when you're playing, (I had to lol at these comments) don't build too fast. (I used to do that too.) Be sure to include some nicey-nice stuff for the citizens moving in and don't forget, a good way of getting rid of pollution is to build industry by the water or at the edge of the map, (so your city neighbors can enjoy some too) and putting trees between industry and anything else will make a buffer zone. Put your fire station close to the industry areas as they will catch fire first, lol. :p

Now I got :D to go play some Sim City.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I also Downloaded it today! There's another thread about it somewhere I posted in. This is Really a Blast from the past! "DOS" screens flashed on my windows 7 computer. I don't quite know what to do either -So I watched the movie on the front screen menu of the game panel "Will TV" , an interview with a very young Will Wright, talking about things like a teenager's mind while playing simcity2000.