Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    edited December 2014
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138
    You click on the front door to put up the Christmas lights. If the option doesn't come up, it may be because it isn't set as the front door. Whenever I put up a fence and put in the electric celebrity gate, it always gets set as the front door, and I have to reset the front door to correct that.

Ah, okay, I'll try that.
    Yes, firefighting is a very hands on career, although when they go on a call to a rabbithole, there is time when you can do something else. The demands of the job, on top of needing to give Hal some attention, were part of what made me impatient to get finished with the job more quickly than the game would have made happen. I made another sim to play in the firefighter career later, so I can enjoy the hands-on jobs without the drawbacks. I set her not to age, so that won't be an issue either.

Freya went to the emergency on her own but I had to keep an eye on her because she stopped fighting the fire halfway through! This is why I added it to the careeracy that I'm going to try so I hopefully have more time to devote to it.
    I put the dress on my wish list. I only have 69 sim points, and don't have money to buy more just now. I have so many things on my list now, I will buy some points eventually, but I just spent my money on Supernatural and Sims 4, at the Black Friday sale, so it's going to be a while before I can spend any more on my game.

LOL! The reason I put things on my wish list is so I can remember what it is I want from the store, for when I have the money to buy sim points.

Check your email :)

I know, that's what I do so that I remember what I want. I've been trying to get lots of ads (I've become good at multi-tasking) and I'm gradually getting some new sets (with help from the players over at the Complete A Set forum), and am saving up to hopefully get a new world or two at some point.
    Sounds like it might be a bit of a problem finding spouses for all those toddlers when the time comes!

Oh yeah :) I'll have to move some families out I think but that is still some time off!
    Wow, walking into the hospital right through closed doors! LOL!

Was Nelson the father?

Very cute kids! Very pretty teens too!

Yes, Nelson was the father of this set of triplets :) And thank you, though Freya and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are actually young adults now. It's hard to keep track though :)
    Hawk should have been wearing a coat in all that snow and cold! I see he did change by the time they had the snowball fight.

That was a lot of guests at the party!

Yes, that looks like Silver Racket.

Hawk does some weird things. Sometimes, he even walks around in his army uniform even though he's not working.

Well, I had to invite Athena, Charity and Blossom and their husbands, and six fathers, and then there was Autumn and her fourteen children who are still at home! And that's not counting the people who weren't invited!!!
    I love that hair on Destiny! Where did you get it? There is so little decent looking hair for toddlers, I usually end up using the same hair on almost all of them. I love the color too. I have never been able to get a decent looking brown hair color. They always end up looking greenish, or reddish, when I'm trying for a golden brown. Could you please give me the numbers for the colors of each of the hair components?

Aw, Dashiel has such a cute face! I've never seen a toddler that looked so different from the norm.

I like the hair on Ginger too.

Thank you! I don't know where the hair comes from; I've been trying to find it again but no luck so far. The colour comes from her father, Thomas. I'm heading into the game now and I'll get the numbers for you. I'll keep looking for the hairstyle.

...numbers are 96, 84, 45 in that order.

I know, the toddlers usually have very similar shaped faces but Dashiell is so different. I need to get a pic of him as an adult and see how his face changes. Ginger's hair is a retexture done by Anubis of one of Newsea's hairs, I think; I came across it while searching for Daisy's.
    LOL! I bet you have a lot of potty seats in that house!

I had that problem at first with not being able to get the toddlers out of the playpen, until someone told me I had to click on the playpen itself, rather than the toddler. But I was able to put two in at once. I suppose your playpen is glitched.

Yeah, Kristy stood in the fires a lot. They must be wearing protective gear to keep them from catching fire themselves. I wonder if they get a hidden trait that prevents them from ever catching on fire again, once they've been a firefighter. I'll have to remember to check that out with Kristy, with Master Controller.

Only two, and the rest of the toddlers have to skill up on the pegbox and xylophone while they're waiting :) It helps that I have the needs cheats on :)

I'll check it out. I think I was clicking on the toddler but I'll try clicking on the playpen. How do I fix it if it's glitched? I need to be able to put more than one toddler in at a time!

Good to know it's not just Freya being brave :)
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Good afternoon, evening my dear simming friends.

@MayaRose1138: Love the update. Those toddlers are so adorable. Yay a mer-baby.

Good afternoon :)

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the mer-baby because I haven't played a mermaid from toddler to adult yet, so this should be fun :)
    TadOlson wrote: »
    MayaRose1138-Great updates!Those toddlers are all so cute and the older ones are also helping out a lot.

Thank you!! It's hard to pick a favourite amongst them but I think either Ginger or Destiny or Dashiell for the grandchildren :) And yes, having the older ones is helpful. That's why I have to plan the number of babies very carefully now :)
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    MayaRose1138, part 1 response: Hurray for Autumn's next set of babies :D that photo though, LOL just walk straight through the wall :P LOL right? I'd freak out, too, LOL. It's better then reading office magazines xD Snow Angels > reading magazines xD

True, so true :)
    Orlando and Persephone are so cute! LOVE their hair :D Sorry you didn't have two mermaids, Orlando is still cute :) I rushed my comments way too soon, LOL she had triplets! Querida is so adorable! Nice, Freya looks awesome! ^_^ 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is pretty, too ^_^ is that CC hair? I only have base game, Generations and University for my TS3 collection, so IDK what goes with what beyond my scope. I do have CC of my onw, though.

Thank you for the lovely compliments there! I don't think 🐸🐸🐸🐸's hair is cc but I would be hard pressed to tell you where it was from! I'm hopeless at recording where things are from :) Someone from this list might know better than me. (I checked while I was in game looking up the hair for IreneSwift and the hairstyle is from the SP Movie Stuff.
    Aw, Hawk is a fairy! ^_^ Very awesome! ^_^ I know fairies are from Supernatural. I have Supernatural, but I much prefer to keep my game as "normal" as possible :P I use tinypic. I'm not a fan of the Studio, it deletes my things when I didn't want it to. Jaguar is cute :P The Quads, huh? Quadruplets? :P That would be Freya, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Hawk and Jaguar? Hawk and Jaguar look like they're having so much fun ^_^ I love Ivory's hair. Charmaine's hair fits the winter setting, but Ivory's fits for all seasons :) Whoa! LOL That party! O_O Nice play on words "Justice Forall" ;) Peidax? ;P Gratz Athena! Your Sims are awesome looking! :D You don't like Patches? LOL She looks so cute though :P Yes, make her real :D They look angry :/ I'm refering to the interlopers. I love it when parties last a long time :P Nice, incoming baby! :D Go Daisy! ^_^

I'm not a huge fan of Supernatural but I like having the fairies in my game :) I think My Studio has deleted some of the Greeting Cards I've taken recently because I can't find them anywhere. Thank you regarding Jaguar; I can't take all the credit though because his father comes from LunBeauty's Dennison game :)

No, the quads are Kent, Luna, Matisse and Nessa (who didn't get a mention this update but could be seen in pictures; they are the only children in the family as the rest are teens, toddlers or young adults). Freya and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are twins, Hawk is the twin of Ivory, and Jaguar is the only one who isn't part of a multiple birth (as Autumn had him at home before I worked out that home births are less likely to give you multiple births after you have eight in a household).

I love Ivory's hair too - I downloaded that from the exchange but I don't have the link. I can get you the numbers if you like it though. I don't mind IFs but I just didn't want them in this particular game because I knew I would have plenty of sims without them :) I didn't make up Peidax's name, it was just there :)
    MayaRose1138, part 2 response: I hear ya, when I control my whole town, I need to make little nicknames or take notes to keep my memory on track LOL You have a lot of multiples in your town D: Multiples = Twins, Triplets, Quads, etc. Destiny looks adorable :D Devon is so cute! ^_^ Dashiell is rocking out! ^_^ Love that junior mohawk ;P The house is looking good :) Family ready ^_^ nice!

I have an exercise book at the moment to keep track of them all :) I like multiples from the genetic point-of-view but I don't think
    I'd like them so much if I didn't cheat with their needs!! Thank you for the compliments on the triplets - I totally agree with you :)
    I need to figure this out to have plant sims. They look awesome! Gratz to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ^_^ Gardner looks adorable ^_^ OMG I LOVE GINGER! :D Potty training time ^_^ Are those playpens part of an xpac or CC? So adorable ^_^ Scratch that, if they're glitchy like that, I don't want them, that sucks. Autumn is a grandmother already? D: Wow! xD She looks so young! ^_^ Nevertheless, adorable ^_^

Plant sims are fun but I haven't played properly with them yet. Ginger is adorable and she grows up to look exactly like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 except green :) The playpens are from the Aurora Skies world or Early Learning Centre venue. I don't know whether they're glitch-y or whether I just can't use them properly :) Autumn is young; she is still a young adult because I have aging turned off for the household.
    First day of work for Freya ^_^ LOL, go Freya! ^_^ She have the Good trait? That last photo of Freya with the fire is a beautiful picture, actually. Very artistic. Doh, I hate it when sims disappear, especially when I have plans for them ;P Hey, children are smart and will say anything :P Very adorable. What is going on? Like my story, your town is Multiple happy LOL Well my town is testorone happy LOL. Nevertheless, they're adorable, I love Amelia's hair. Is her hair part of an xpac or CC? I enjoyed your update :) Can't wait to hear more! ^_^

I don't think Freya has the good trait; she generally has ones that start with 'f' as that matches her first name. Thank you - it seems that I can take better pictures in the sims than I can in real life!! Yes, my town is multiple happy but estrogen happy :) When my sims have multiples, they tend to get girls whereas if the birth is a single one, it's a boy. Ginger totally surprised me because I was expecting a boy from the single plant.

Amelia's hair is cc, that much I know. I think it's a retexture done by Anubis but I'm not 100% certain. I should have another update done by the end of the weekend, depending on whether the game co-operates with me :)
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited December 2014
    Colleen "Kennedy", kin to Jack Kennedy and Judy Bunch (deceased), sibling to Ethan, Lisa, Arlo, Darlene Bunch (all full blooded), Rebecca Kennedy (half-related) and Xander Clavell (by marriage, Lisa's husband). Aunt to Cameron Clavell (Lisa and Xander Clavell's son). From Teen to Young Adult.
    9aabz4.jpg
    Colleen is Family-Oriented, Unlucky, Vegetarian, Loner and Frugal. Colleen is the youngest of Judy Bunch's children, before Judy committed suicide over her ex-husband's, Jack Kennedy, affair with Erin Kennedy, Jack's boss. Jack is only with his boss to further his career. Erin is ignorant to this information. She thinks Jack loves her. Jack is only using Erin and will do whatever Erin wants, until Jack gets where he needs in his career, before he breaks another heart. Erin is strict and kicked out Colleen from the Bunch residence, since Colleen is now a Young Adult. Colleen moved in with Blair Wainright who welcomed her with open arms. Blair is still living next door to her parents, Susan and Boyd Wainright. Rebecca Kennedy is the only kin of Erin, so far. Erin and Jack's romance has been pretty heated, and Erin always wanted a big family of her own and is jealous of Jack's marriage from before and wants to meet or go higher then Judy's accomplishment. Will Jack comply and breed more children to further his career? Jack has fathered six children, already. Will he father more? Erin loves Jack so much, she has promoted him, lately.

Rebecca Kennedy, kin to Jack and Erin Kennedy, half-related to Ethan, Lisa, Arlo, Darlene and Colleen Bunch. By marriage, Xander Clavell (Lisa's husband) and Cameron Clavell (Lisa's son). From Child to Teen.
    2pqmffb.jpg
    Rebecca is Flirty, Inappropriate, Kleptomaniac and Lucky. Rebecca is Erin's first born, and Erin treats her like a princess. Like her mother, they both ignore their step relatives and treat them as the lesser sims of Sunset Valley. Due to Erin spoiling her first born rotten, Rebecca has developed some nasty habits and gets away with it. Rebecca is glad to have the house all to herself, since Erin kicked out all of Jack's biological children out of the house, since they've hit the age of Young Adult. What will Rebecca do now? Will she change? Does Jack care about his biological children?

Not all hope is lost. Ethan Bunch is living with his girlfriend Kaylynn Langerak. They both live next door to the Bunch residence at 18 Maywood Lane. Lisa Bunch is married to Xander Clavell and has a son Cameron Clavell. They live at 306 Skyborough Blvd. Arlo and Darlene Bunch are living with the majority of the Funke family's children, Irene, Spencer and Carol Funke at 365 Oak Grove Road. Lastly, Colleen Bunch is living with Blair Wainright, next to her parents Susan and Boyd Wainright at 65 Maywood Lane. The Bunch Family is doing pretty OK, after the loss of their biological mother, Judy Bunch, committed suicide; their biological father using his boss for promotions, and their stepmother from hell kicking them all out of the house. They still have each other, and the rest of Sunset Valley to help lift their spirits.

Marley and Aimee Williams, parents of Malika Williams (who's dating Fluffs!) from Adults to Elders.
    2e5qtts.jpg
    Marley on the right and Aimee on the left. Marley is Brave, Handy, Family-Oriented, Natural Cook and Athletic. Aimee is Neat, Family-Oriented, Natural Cook, Angler and Frugal.

Mindy Steel, kin to Christopher and Bebe Steel, from Baby to Toddler.
    1t56qd.jpg
    Mindy is Excitable and Friendly.

EDIT: Alright, I think that's enough for today. I'm tired, and I will comment everyone that commented back, tomorrow. Night!
    Post edited by Aaeiyn on
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Celiria That guy was a jerk. You should find some way to get a cowplant and introduce him to it. But at least Lyla met someone nice. So I suppose it didn't turn out all bad. :)

@Baker9793 Welcome back. :)

@TadOlson Great update!

@Aaeiyn Very nice looking child sim. :) And yay! Christopher Steel is now a daddy! :D

@AiHaou Nice pictures. :) I love the hair colors on your sims. :)

@Aaeiyn Madgenta is cute. :) I like the look you gave her.

@Aaeiyn Cute sims. :)

@Aaeiyn I'm loving all of these offspring to famous premade sims. :D
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2014
    Page 398

@Celiria I think I found the house you used. It's right next to the playground, isn't it?

I tried going into manage world before placing my sims, but the game said I couldn't do it until I had placed one. But I tried yesterday morning with starting a new game, then after it opened CAW for me, I canceled the household, and then it did let me click on each house and go into build mode so I could see them.

I found out all that, that you said about the play button at the bottom and the menu to open saves or a new world at the top. But it took quite a while to figure it out. Before that, I thought they might have made it like Sims 2, where you can't choose a name to save your game file with, it just saves the town, if you want to play another sim in the same town, your first sim is still there. I didn't like that.

Are there many mods made for Sims 4 already? I will have to look them up and see if there's something that would be useful for me. So far, I've just transferred the sims I made in the CAW demo into the game's library, and started placing them in the towns. I did play one couple for two sim days, and a single sim for one sim day. Not once did anyone visit them, not even to welcome them to the town. So, it doesn't seem like the issue you had before, with constant visitors, happens with every game. But maybe it's because I didn't leave my sims waiting at home long enough for someone to show up.

What?! Has the weekend come for the Green family again already?

If this is a common issue, of nobody watching the comedy routines, I'll bet somebody will make a mod to fix that, eventually.

Well, it seemed to have been a rather quiet day for the Greens, but a pleasant one. They were together all day as a family.

Page 399

@LunBeauty I love relativity too. My sims could never do so much without it. And I only have it set to add ½ real life second to every sim minute.

I don't get offended or angered that easily. I asked a question, purely out of curiosity, once I found out what Harold's traits were, because I know some players will do that. You answered my question, and I'm good with that. Personally, I prefer to take sims as the game makes them. We can't change our spouses in real life, why should we change someone in the game? If they're not compatible with my own sim, I'll move on and look for someone else.

The reason I looked up Harold's traits in the first place was because when my sim introduced herself to him, he asked her for money soon after. The mooch trait isn't a deal breaker. My first explorer, Alex, married a mooch. But it did make me curious enough to check the rest of his traits, and I found a serious trait incompatibility between him and my sim. She's an artist, and makes her living with art. Her traits include artistic, virtuoso, and savvy sculptor. She's getting her degree in fine arts, and she paints, sculpts, does street art, and plays the guitar. So, since Harold can't stand art, he wasn't right for her, but for another sim, some time in the future, he might turn out to be a good match.

I think the traits Harold has in my game might not be the same as he has in yours. I looked him up on the sims wiki too, and whereas it says he has the loner trait, in my game, he has the loser trait instead. Seriously, I opened my game again just to check, after reading his profile on the wiki, and I was not mistaken about it. He does indeed have the loser trait in this particular game.

I will have to say though, that I dislike the slob trait. I played a sim with it once, and when he used the bathroom, he left a puddle on the floor. When he changed his clothes in a room with a laundry hamper, his clothes ended up on the floor anyway, even though the hamper wasn't full. He left kitchen counters and plumbing fixtures filthy after he used them, even though they had been cleaned recently.

I have more than enough of that to deal with in real life, because my husband is a slob, and his hobby is working on cars, which he does after work every day, and on weekends. I can spend all day cleaning the house, but it will only stay clean until he gets home. He washes his hands in a hurry, then swipes them on the hand towel, not enough to get them dry, but enough to leave dark smudges all over it. Then the filthy water left on his hands drips on everything he touches afterward, sometimes even running down the front of the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator door. I have to wash the refrigerator door and all the light switches in the kitchen and bathroom on a daily basis, as well as a lot of other things, because I don't see much point in washing my hands, then handling something smeared with toxic automotive grime, and I'm especially not willing to get it on my hands when I'm preparing food.

Speaking to him about any of this does no good. He'll reform for a day or two, then things are right back the same as before. He's a good man otherwise, and I'd rather have him than a clean house, but I don't need to deal with that stuff in my game, too.

All they do to “rescue” adults is persuade them to run, which they don't usually do. It's kind of silly, actually.

Well, remember, Kristy has already graduated from University with a fine arts degree. I have thought from time to time, that I'd like to try university with a married couple, so I had him take the test, but I decided I didn't feel like doing that with them, at least not right now. I moved them on to the next town instead, pretty much as soon as Kristy reached level 10 in firefighting.

@DeathJohnson I've gotten the pop-ups during the prom that asked my approval for my teen sim to go steady with their prom date, too. I might be remembering incorrectly, and maybe it was only that they became romantically involved with their date. Probably so, but it's just as annoying and unpleasant for them to ask to be just friends if they're romantic interests, as it is when they're going steady. In the two most recent cases, the guys both yelled at my sims, and got really nasty, when they asked to just be friends.

I don't usually try to get my sims too many friends either. Just one good friend is really enough. I don't especially like the charisma trait for that same reason. But having the charisma trait helps them make friends without taking days and days of non-stop interactions, as it to often does, especially if they have achieved the celebrity skill challenge. I also get the long distance friend LTR as soon as possible, so their friendships won't be lost after a couple of days of being too busy with work to call or hang out with them.

Yeah, I don't know if it's normal to have so many snow days. I get heavy snowstorms with howling winds, but they still don't get snow days off from school. It could be because of the mods I use. There may be a setting that by default prevents snow days, which I haven't noticed and changed, not that I would anyway.

Yes, I've heard of the hidden trait of being immune to fire, and by now, I'm sure Kristy must have it, as she's reached level 10 and moved on (I haven't updated as far as I've played yet).

@GBA91101Nvr4get Kristy already has a fine arts degree and worked in the culinary career. She's had several careers already, and is going to have a lot more. You probably haven't read my introduction of her to this thread. She's going to live in every EA world I have and do most of the careers I've never done yet, with a different one in each town, mostly professions. University degrees don't help with professions. I've thought of having her and Hal go to university together, which is why I had Hal take the test, but I decided I don't feel like doing that, at least not right now. If she goes back, he'll go with her. And Hal has already explored tombs with her. They took their honeymoon to China and explored during most of the time they were there. She had already explored every tomb in every world, but there were a few collectible relics I couldn't find them then, so I sent them there together to see if they could find them.

@DeathJohnson Sounds like Leland is serious about becoming part of the family.

@Zabeth0 So, you'll only be without internet over the weekend? That's not too earth-shattering. You'll most likely be way too busy to get online anyway. I've moved enough times to know how much time and work it takes.

I guess you're right, the burglar is lucky Hal didn't get to beat him up. He's gotten smacked on the face by the training dummy a couple of times, and and he acts like it hurts pretty badly.

Well, I hope you can get that bonus update posted before you lose your internet, because now you've made me curious about it. I had thought that you had made Deedee, and was wondering why you gave her the Heartbreaker LTW, but now I know otherwise. I bought SN on Origin's Black Friday sale, and I've been playing a sim there. She just met Deedee at the Red Velvet Lounge, and they are friends now. However, Deedee isn't a witch in my game. Nobody is. I changed all the supernaturals to humans, because I don't want them in my games.

Kristy got to test out the upgraded fire extinguisher on another fire, another day. I couldn't see that it made a very big difference, but maybe she was able to put out the fires a little more quickly.

@DeathJohnson Nice party! There must have been something broken, right? Did the repairman at least fix it before he sat down at the party? Good thing they just charge a flat fee.

Sam did quite well on the test, I see. She got maximum partial credits on two different subjects. She could finish her degree in either of those subjects in only one two-term trip to university, or she could take a lighter class load, and get another $1000 scholarship for her second trip. But, she can apply for extra funds at the administration building every day while she's there, so she can easily get enough to cover the costs the scholarship didn't.

Send her there as soon as she settles into her dorm room, and since she did well on the test, she should get $2500. She can go again after 24 hours have passed, and get more money. But if she's even one minute earlier, it will say she already did, and to try later. So, don't take it as meaning she can't get any money that day, just wait a while and send her again.

Page 400

@Aaeiyn Sounds like you probably have a lot of easels in that house!

No, Kristy didn't kick the gnome. I kind of wish I had had her do it just once, but she's moved on to another job now, though I haven't updated that far, so she can't do it now.

No, Hal isn't good, but Kristy is. They're both brave though. Hal originally had the coward trait, but that's one trait I don't like playing with, since I get so tired of them cowering in fear over just about everything. So I changed it and made him brave instead.

Don't worry, Kristy will never break Hal's heart. He broke hers a long time ago, back in Riverview, but after she moved away, he realized he'd made a huge mistake, and that he loved her, so he searched for her until he found her again. She had never stopped loving him, so even though she had tried to forget him with other men, it never worked out, and she gave up. Even before he finally found her, she was just throwing away all the love letters she was getting. Hal knows about all that, so he isn't worried about Kristy being unfaithful, he's just annoyed with those other men for still not respecting her relationship with Hal.

@Colorist40 Kristy can't bring back dead plants. She doesn't have the green thumb trait.

The gnomes didn't sound like what they were saying was at all good.

Hal is in the forensics branch of the law enforcement career, meaning he does the lab work for the crime scene evidence. So, a forensic analysis is part of working with that evidence. He must have done the lab work at work, but at home, he can analyze the data from the lab work. He gets paid extra for doing it, plus it helps his job performance, which will help him get raises, now that he's reached the top of the career.

I don't do flu shots in real life either. I don't get the flu.

I doubt if Hal is intimidated by Kristy. He knows she wouldn't hurt ever him on purpose.

Sinbad Rotter is too evil to be in any other career but crime. But then, a lot of real life criminals are cowards too. My husband told me once about a guy he worked with, who was confronted by a mugger with a knife, demanding money. He told the guy to get lost or he'd grab that knife and shove it up his (bad word, but you can guess what he said). The guy immediately apologized and disappeared fast. This is absolutely a true story! LOL!

I think Hal started the still life of the vase before it had snowed. The flowers get covered with white when it snows, and they are still yellow in the painting.

@DeathJohnson Oh, I never do those free vacations. They are badly glitched, and I've read many stories on the forum about somebody's game being ruined by them. I would take that notification as a bad sign.

I had a second generation sim marry the guy that babysat for her younger siblings, who hit on her as he arrived just as she was leaving for her first day of high school. She actually aged up before him, but then the next day, when she invited him over, he was a young adult. A day or two later, she invited him over so she could become engaged to him, and he had aged up to adult! The game does weird things to NPC's sometimes.

Page 401

@Colorist40 Yeah, I don't like how low the starting pay is for the culinary career, ordinarily. But with her degree in fine arts, she started at level 4, with a much higher wage than is normally paid at that level. Of course, she was already rich at that point, from all of her exploring, so it wouldn't have really mattered if she had gotten the low pay.

I take it you don't like fish.

If your sim does the right things, they'll gain influence. Kristy got nerd influence from using the science station. Then, once they sent her the game console, she got more influence every time she used it. I don't really care about what social group influence she has, but with all the extra LTH points she has that I have no real use for, I figure I might as well use some of it to raise her influence if she's wished to get to the next level. Of course, that gives her even more points she'll never use, but it does make her happier to get her wishes. And, as you know, I like to make my sims happy.

Yeah, I can understand Ning's desperation. It's too easy to forget that other people have their own problems and might not be able to deal with someone else's, when our own are overwhelming.

OK, if Ashleigh's father didn't want Ashton to take her away, why would he send her away because of her involvement with Ashton? That does not make sense at all. Or did he just threaten to send her away, but didn't really mean it? He wasn't thinking very well. He should realize that once Ashley was married, she would probably still live nearby, and he could visit or invite her over.

I don't have that mod, but I always play that way anyway. If my sims don't have the ingredients already, they can't make it. You can't buy them through the refrigerator at home, so my sims can't do it either. Besides, it's more expensive to buy them through the fridge, especially if you take advantage of sale prices at the grocery store.

The way the house fires work is kind of lame. They can't get into the house to rescue them until all of the window fires are out. Then they have to break the door with an axe and go in and persuade the adults and teens to “run” and carry out any children. Usually there's no fires actually inside the house, so once the window fires are out, they don't need to leave the house, and they usually don't. But your sim has to “rescue” them anyway, to get credit for doing the job.

The big rocks Kristy is picking up are meteorites, which are smaller than meteors. There haven't been any meteors in my games in a very long time. Since I started playing, I've only had one, and it hit the school, where my second generation teen was. I quit without saving and started the day over.

Hal waited to talk to Kristy about his plans for getting away because Kristy was stressed from work and wanted to play video games with him. So he waited until the next morning, when she would be more relaxed.

@Puddinroy Thank you.

@TadOlson Thank you. It was the large square planters I was asking about. Are they CC?

I know stray pets won't come into the house unless your sim greets them, but I've had my sims pet them and talk to them, to make friends, but I still want them to stay outside. So, I lock the door against them even though my sims usually don't have any pets of their own.

Wow, they went to work in a blizzard? It might have been better for them to take the day off. (Not really of course, but in real life they wouldn't have been expected to go.)

@DeathJohnson The thing with the free vacation is that teens can have a wild party when their parents are gone, and if the parents find evidence of it, they'll get grounded. They do this autonomously, and you can't cancel it. Leland probably was thinking that Sam had had a wild party.

@Aaeiyn Thank you. Yes, Hal definitely does his share of the housework. When he's home before her, he'll do all the cleaning up, especially if it's Friday. They want the house all clean before the weekend.

Did you choose Derek's traits?

Have you had your sim moms eat watermelon while they're pregnant? Each one eaten raises the chance of having a girl by 10%, from the default 50%. But eating any prepared food with apples in it will have the opposite affect. What I do when I want to influence the baby's gender, which I normally don't, is have my sim eat nothing but watermelon, or apples, depending on what they've wished for, or what I want, until they've eaten 10 of them. It's kind of overkill, but it always works.

Page 402

@MayaRose1138 I tried getting sim points from watching the ads, but I don't really have time to waste on that, so I quit doing it. I'd rather just buy the points.

Thank you for the dress.

Thank you for looking up the numbers for the hair color, but I actually need all four sets of numbers, for the roots, base, highlights, and tips.

I don't know for sure what you'd need to do if the playpen is glitched. The simplest fix is to use Master Controller to reset it, if it's the playpen itself that is glitched. If that doesn't work, and more likely than not, it won't, the next step is to replace it with a new one. If that doesn't work, then reset the entire lot with Master Controller. If it's still glitched, try moving the family to the clipboard in Edit Town mode, then put them back into the house. If that doesn't work either, then it's the game itself that has the corruption, and the only solution is to move them to a new town, which can be the same town, just a fresh copy. That's kind of extreme measures to take for just a playpen, but if it's really that bad, other issues will be cropping up as you continue to play, until the game itself could become unplayable, and unable to be fixed even by moving them to a new copy of the town.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Saturday was the last day of winter, and also Christmas day. Hal received an “average” holiday bonus of $12,406. Kristy and Hal started celebrating Christmas first thing in the morning, before even getting out of bed.

1christmasmorningfun.jpg

Then, they chatted on the bed for awhile. Hal told Kristy about the work assignment he had been offered, to go to China, and about his idea of the two of them going to university together. Kristy appreciated his thoughtfulness in wanting to give her a break from her stressful job, and asked for some time to think about it.

2chattinginbed.jpg

They spent some more time together before going downstairs for breakfast.

3christmasmorning2.jpg

4christmasmorningmassage.jpg

5christmasmorning.jpg

They didn't bother to get dressed for breakfast.

6Christmasbreakfast.jpg

Kristy wanted to spar with Hal, so they did that next.

7sparringafterbreakfast.jpg

Kristy suggested a kiss under the mistletoe, and Hal was happy to oblige.

8mistletoekiss.jpg

They were both hot and sweaty by this time, so they went upstairs and showered together.

9showeringtogether.jpg

Now, it was time to exchange their gifts. Hal's first gift for Kristy was a portable piano, so she could add to her musical repertoire.

10exchanginggifts.jpg

Kristy's first gift to Hal was a sketchbook of his own. He wanted to use it right away, and asked Kristy to pose for him.

11halsfirstgiftfromkristy.jpg

12halssketchofkristy.jpg

Next, they went upstairs to see Kristy's second gift to Hal, a chemistry lab station. Hal's second gift to Kristy will have to wait until spring to be set up and used. It was a golf driving range. But since it was the last day of winter, the day wasn't far off when she could make use of this gift.

13halssecondgiftfromkristy.jpg

Kristy serenaded Hal with her guitar.

14kristyserenadeshal.jpg

Now, it was Hal's turn to pose for Kristy.

15kristysketcheshal.jpg

Next, they went outside to have some fun in the snow. They made an igloo together, and even before it was finished, Hal wished to woohoo inside it.

16buildinganiglootogether.jpg

Kristy was willing to accommodate him.

17enjoyingtheigloo.jpg

They came back out and made snow angels.

18makingsnowangels.jpg

They wanted to have a snowball fight, but according to repeated pop-ups, there is no place on their property with enough flat space.

19snowballfight.jpg

So instead, they went back inside and upstairs, so Hal could try out his other gift, with Kristy researching plant samples right beside him. Aha! Could it be that Kristy was looking for something to put in that room so that she and Hal could be together more?

20scienceandchemistryfun.jpg

After Kristy finished researching her two plant samples, she and Hal had some more quiet moments together.

21hug.jpg

Then they went downstairs for dinner.

22christmasdinner.jpg

After dinner, Kristy began learning to play her new piano, while Hal read the newspaper.

23enjoyingtheeveningtogether.jpg

Then came the final celebration of the day, and soon the two of them were sound asleep.

24finalchristmascelebration.jpg
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @IreneSwift Yep right next to the playground. There are a bunch of mods for the game.

Ones I would suggest:

No muscle/no fatness- it prevents the game from calculating weight and muscle changes, normally I would be okay with the changes but Sims 4 has been reported to be obnoxiously sensitive with it such as a sim becoming ripped after a single workout session :\

Scumbumbo's keep books after publishing

mgomez' relationship decay mod- allows you to adjust the rate that friendship and romance decays in the game since they tend to decay to quickly making it hard to make and keep friends if you aren't always keeping up with them.

shimrod's fewer elders- the game has a bad habit of spawning more elders than other lifestages

plasticbox's fewer stalby's and stalkby impatience- this reduces the visitor amount and the impatience means that if you don't answer the door they only wait for 20 minutes before leaving rather than a couple hours.

stuff breaks far less easily- self explanatory

the visitors are when you have friends so that influences it. My initial sim didn't have visitors either until she became friends with someone and then he showed up multiple times a day every day.

I don't care if Maxis fixes it or a modder but I would be happy to get a fix before I have to move on to the next generation.
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    There won't be an update today for the Green family. I'm just feeling a bit out of sorts for some reason. Plus being behind on some school stuff I really need to get caught up on that. I will be back soon and will probably do a multiple update when I do to catch up. Happy simming everyone :)
  • DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    12halssketchofkristy.jpg

Not that that isn't a nice sketch or anything, but somehow I get the feeling that the posing naked wasn't exactly necessary for it. :p
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
    @IreneSwift I wonder if Harold's traits are different than what the wiki tells us because chances are, the person who created the profile for him listed the traits in had in their game. I know for a fact that he does have the Mooch trait in my game, the Loner, and the Slob...even though he has never really portrayed those three traits. But as for the other two, I'm not sure. I think the fourth might be either Irresistable or Great Kisser, and the fifth, I can't remember.

I don't have a husband, but I have a dad who is just as bad. I can spend about an hour and a half mopping the hardwood floors in the house and he'll come in from work, mud caked all over the bottoms of his boots, not even take them off at the door like a sensible person and track that mud all across the floors that I just mopped. It irks me to no end.

I remember that she did earlier on, many updates ago. I just thought that it might be fun for her and Hal to go together. Having a husband and wife attend college together would be interesting.

@IreneSwift I love the little holiday themed update. :) I'll admit that in the beginning, I almost couldn't see Kristy's pajamas because they blended in really well with the covers, lol. The gift exchange was cute. Can sims really exchange huge gifts like pianos? I thought they could only exchange what was in their inventory. Or was it one of those smaller keyboard pianos that came with Night Life? *Scrolls down* Oh, I see it was, lol. I forgot you could stick that in your inventory. Ooh, looks like those two had a bit of fun before going to bed. ;)
    @DeathJohnson Nice party! There must have been something broken, right? Did the repairman at least fix it before he sat down at the party? Good thing they just charge a flat fee.

Sam did quite well on the test, I see. She got maximum partial credits on two different subjects. She could finish her degree in either of those subjects in only one two-term trip to university, or she could take a lighter class load, and get another $1000 scholarship for her second trip. But, she can apply for extra funds at the administration building every day while she's there, so she can easily get enough to cover the costs the scholarship didn't.

Send her there as soon as she settles into her dorm room, and since she did well on the test, she should get $2500. She can go again after 24 hours have passed, and get more money. But if she's even one minute earlier, it will say she already did, and to try later. So, don't take it as meaning she can't get any money that day, just wait a while and send her again.

@DeathJohnson Oh, I never do those free vacations. They are badly glitched, and I've read many stories on the forum about somebody's game being ruined by them. I would take that notification as a bad sign.

@DeathJohnson The thing with the free vacation is that teens can have a wild party when their parents are gone, and if the parents find evidence of it, they'll get grounded. They do this autonomously, and you can't cancel it. Leland probably was thinking that Sam had had a wild party.

After the maid broke the sink, the repairman that showed up didn't fix it before sitting down to watch the gifts being opened, but he did still get around to it before he left, and the maid actually made sure the room with the leaky sink was cleaned again before he left, so everything worked out all right there in the end.

Thanks for the advice on the university stuff, I haven't sent anyone there yet so I still don't know exactly what to expect from it.

I don't think I'll ever use the free vacation thing again, though it won't come up again any time soon anyway. Although Leland did come back from the trip, when he did, he was set to be a controllable Sim instead of just a roommate, and I didn't really want to control him for a while still, so that was another good reason to kick him out of the house, as well as his apparently absurd punishment policy.
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    @Irene: Great update, it seems like Hal and Kristy had a nice christmas together. Is Hal's christmas bonus usually that big?

An Update: Crystal got a part time job at the bookstore since she was tired of being at home with the grandkids. Crystal also cut back on her painting to focus more time on doing whatever it is that she likes to do. As for Zack, he got another promotion in the police force. His loving wife grilled the whole police force some hamburgers for lunch and took them over to her husband and his team. After a stressful day at work, Zack went over to his best friend's house (Jenna). not only is Jenna Zack's best friend she's also his partner on the police force. Also Jack and Jenna are next door neighbors. Zack asked Jenna if he could stay over at her house and she said yes. Zack didn't want to go home to deal with his kids or his wife. The evening started when Zack gave Jenna a few compliments and then hugged her in a way that friends should not be hugged. Jenna's room mate saw what was going on between Zack and Jenna and almost kicked Zack out of the house. One thing led to another and Zack and Jenna kissed and then they made out. After his night out with his best friend Zack went to work and then came home the next day. Edward, Ethan, and David all celebrated their birthdays after Zack got home from work. David became a teen and Edward and Ethan became kids. Although they were no longer crying babies and toddlers, Zack just wasn't happy at home. Every day Zack's wife wants to have another baby (she wants a girl). He on the other hand just wants to start a new life with Jenna. To cope with the loneliness of her husband not being here, while at the bookstore buying some recipes, Danica decided to become a partner at the bookstore. She hopes to one day pass the deed down to one of her sons. Of course if she has a daughter than the deed might go to her instead.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Update: 12/5/2014
    Chapter 3:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Tuesday had Tammi and Jedediah doing the usual routine except for a broken tub. The tub broke after Jedediah took his bath. Tammi ended up fixing the tub because Jedediah had to go to work soon. Jedediah tended the garden and leveled up to level 3 Gardening before work while Tammi prepared waffles.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Tammi had only 1 sing-a-gram today and socialized afterwards. At least Tammi found someone who she can chat about family with. Tammi had a fun time then went home.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Tammi and Jedediah ate leftovers together. After that it was playtime. Once everyone had taken care of their needs it was bedtime.
    Morning! Comment time!

Page 401
    AiHaou, Bob and Betty weren't really my favorites. Out of all the premades of TS1, I like the Goth family. It's my style, the goth style ;P But, I do enjoy having them in my town ^_^ Glad your sound is back ^_^ Nice looking family :) Nice, Drea is into photography :) Nice hot tub shot ^_^

Page 402
    AiHaou, thank you! I love the goth style, as well. It's more creative, and anytime I get some kind artistic sim, I play off of that ;) In case you missed it, I found Madgenta's look:

Madgenta's Clothes, excluding shoes: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=12670&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:23564

Madgenta's Shoes: http://acecreators.blogspot.com/2012/04/autumn-lace-boots-by-elexis.html

Madgenta's Hair: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:24141

MayaRose1138, you're welcome! ^_^ No worries if you don't know exactly. I'm pretty heavy on the CC because I'm not a fan of a lot of the xpacs :X SP Movie stuff...Superstar? I have that physical copy, I've been hesitant on putting it in. I don't like too much town changes. Yeah, that's the main reason why I got Supernatural, myself because of the fairies, heh. Oh, well, cool looking sims LunBeauty! :D Ah, gotcha, yeah I only just got on the story train due to so many updates since my absence D: Right, the game knows its limits ;P Sure, I'll jot down the numbers ^_^ I gotcha, I just said Peidax? In response to your guessing game. Something about him being apart of your main family, I believe. I can't remember, I just remember you asking "can you guess?" LOL NP I have an an entire photo folder filled TS3 screens shots I take and labeled by family :P Helps me keep track. Gotcha.

LunBeauty, yep Christopher Steel is a daddy :) He's with Bebe Hart. In Sunset Valley, by default, they were next door neighbors. She was a Teen while he was a Young Adult, at the beginning. She's a Young Adult while he's an Adult. Thanks. I love the Goth style. It's so much fun creating an alternate look :P Thanks ^_^ Yep, I'm playing all of Sunset Valley ^_^ It actually wasn't part of my original plan, but I didn't like the idea of the game screwing things up, and I somehow started controlling all of the town, LOL Thanks to TadOlson for showing me Nraas, it's EXTREMELY helpful :)

IreneSwift, comment response: Ah, I see :) I can tell he really loves her, with everything he does :) Yep, those men should back off, LOL. Yes, all the sims of Sunset Valley are altered by me, and their traits. It helps me build a story. Yes, I know about the watermelon trick. I had to do that for my simself because she kept having all boys xD I wanted to organically have a girl, but it wasn't happening, and you guys gave me the hint about the watermelon, so I did that just to have a girl because I had one family slot available, and I wanted a girl, so badly LOL. Everyone else, I'm not too worried about. Helps me build a story :) But yes, my game file is obssessed with boys! :P

IreneSwift, update response: Ooo lala! I'm hoping :) I'm a sucker for romance :P I hope they go to Univeristy! I LOVE University :D Daw <3 Nobody else is around, it's perfectly acceptable to run around in pajamas :D Daw <3 Looks nothing like her, but it's a good try Hal :P IDK why, I think he would do well in the Athletic field O_O It's his look xD Same with Kristy, actually :/ Cool gifts ^_^ Yay! I LOVE virtuous sims :D Daw <3 Great update! ^_^

My updates will be later on. I'm playing WoW with my fiance.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Baker9793 wrote: »
    I'm Back!!!!!!! It's finally the end of the semester and now i have 6 weeks to get back into playing Sims!!! <br />
    How have you all been? <br />
    This page has exploded! I would love to go through each page that I've missed but that's 3.8k new posts since the last time i was on!<br />
    Anyway.. I have a family in the works. A story about a family with identical twin boys who are polar opposites. <br />
    <br />
    I've missed you guys. Glad to be back<br />
    See you soon.

Hooray you are back. We have missed you "hugs".
    Update 27

---

Monday was such an uneventful day overall I didn't get any pictures so I don't remember exactly what happened. I know it was Sam's last day of high school, and Monica also had work that day. It's safe to assume that Sam played her guitar and Monica wrote at the computer too, but aside from that, I've got nothing.

Tuesday though, was certainly eventful, Sam's birthday and Love Day took place on the same day (apparently in the Sim world, someone's birthday can coincide with multiple holidays), so the family hosted a party for the occasions. They invited all of their usual guests, except Leland, word had gotten out that since being kicked off of the Insaniac property, he already got a new girlfriend, so he clearly never really cared that much about the family to begin with, and why he even attempted to make an effort earlier was a mystery that may never be solved.

Autumn, as always, was the first guest to arrive at the party, and decided she wanted to jump on the trampoline with Sam, so the two of them did that while Sam was waiting for some of the other guests.

Sims86.png

Soon, Mauricio arrived, bringing cake to the party, Sam went to greet him and kind of felt bad that they had already bought a birthday cake for the party, he didn't mention he was bringing anything, he must have wanted it to be a surprise.

Sims87.png

Once both of the invited guests had arrived, Sam thought it would be fun to provide some of the entertainment at her own birthday party, so she got out her guitar, and invited Autumn to play along with her. They had practiced together without an audience several times before, so when the time came to play at the party, they sounded really good together.

Sims88.png

After a few hours of playing, people were starting to get hungry, so Sam decided it was time to blow out the candles and serve her birthday cake. The party guests (and obviously her mother) all gathered around in celebration of the event.

Sims89.png

Then, after blowing out the candles, Sam grew from a teenager into a young adult.

Sims90.png

Knowing what this meant, Sam and Mauricio wasted no time as they got together for the first kiss they had been legally allowed to have since the prom.

Sims91.png

And then Sam and the guests sat around the table and enjoyed their cake (I'm not actually sure what Monica was doing at this time).

Sims92.png

After everyone was finished, the party was over, and it was time for everyone to go home. Once the guests had left, Sam decided before going to bed that she should take the university aptitude test again just to see if she could earn a better scholarship. She didn't expect to, and she didn't, as she still only got the same partial scholarship as before, she was still happy with it though, and planned to set off for university soon, but she had to stay around at least another day to go to her high school graduation.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Page 398

@Celiria I think I found the house you used. It's right next to the playground, isn't it?

I tried going into manage world before placing my sims, but the game said I couldn't do it until I had placed one. But I tried yesterday morning with starting a new game, then after it opened CAW for me, I canceled the household, and then it did let me click on each house and go into build mode so I could see them.

I found out all that, that you said about the play button at the bottom and the menu to open saves or a new world at the top. But it took quite a while to figure it out. Before that, I thought they might have made it like Sims 2, where you can't choose a name to save your game file with, it just saves the town, if you want to play another sim in the same town, your first sim is still there. I didn't like that.

Are there many mods made for Sims 4 already? I will have to look them up and see if there's something that would be useful for me. So far, I've just transferred the sims I made in the CAW demo into the game's library, and started placing them in the towns. I did play one couple for two sim days, and a single sim for one sim day. Not once did anyone visit them, not even to welcome them to the town. So, it doesn't seem like the issue you had before, with constant visitors, happens with every game. But maybe it's because I didn't leave my sims waiting at home long enough for someone to show up.

What?! Has the weekend come for the Green family again already?

If this is a common issue, of nobody watching the comedy routines, I'll bet somebody will make a mod to fix that, eventually.

Well, it seemed to have been a rather quiet day for the Greens, but a pleasant one. They were together all day as a family.

Page 399

@LunBeauty I love relativity too. My sims could never do so much without it. And I only have it set to add ½ real life second to every sim minute.

I don't get offended or angered that easily. I asked a question, purely out of curiosity, once I found out what Harold's traits were, because I know some players will do that. You answered my question, and I'm good with that. Personally, I prefer to take sims as the game makes them. We can't change our spouses in real life, why should we change someone in the game? If they're not compatible with my own sim, I'll move on and look for someone else.

The reason I looked up Harold's traits in the first place was because when my sim introduced herself to him, he asked her for money soon after. The mooch trait isn't a deal breaker. My first explorer, Alex, married a mooch. But it did make me curious enough to check the rest of his traits, and I found a serious trait incompatibility between him and my sim. She's an artist, and makes her living with art. Her traits include artistic, virtuoso, and savvy sculptor. She's getting her degree in fine arts, and she paints, sculpts, does street art, and plays the guitar. So, since Harold can't stand art, he wasn't right for her, but for another sim, some time in the future, he might turn out to be a good match.

I think the traits Harold has in my game might not be the same as he has in yours. I looked him up on the sims wiki too, and whereas it says he has the loner trait, in my game, he has the loser trait instead. Seriously, I opened my game again just to check, after reading his profile on the wiki, and I was not mistaken about it. He does indeed have the loser trait in this particular game.

I will have to say though, that I dislike the slob trait. I played a sim with it once, and when he used the bathroom, he left a puddle on the floor. When he changed his clothes in a room with a laundry hamper, his clothes ended up on the floor anyway, even though the hamper wasn't full. He left kitchen counters and plumbing fixtures filthy after he used them, even though they had been cleaned recently.

I have more than enough of that to deal with in real life, because my husband is a slob, and his hobby is working on cars, which he does after work every day, and on weekends. I can spend all day cleaning the house, but it will only stay clean until he gets home. He washes his hands in a hurry, then swipes them on the hand towel, not enough to get them dry, but enough to leave dark smudges all over it. Then the filthy water left on his hands drips on everything he touches afterward, sometimes even running down the front of the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator door. I have to wash the refrigerator door and all the light switches in the kitchen and bathroom on a daily basis, as well as a lot of other things, because I don't see much point in washing my hands, then handling something smeared with toxic automotive grime, and I'm especially not willing to get it on my hands when I'm preparing food.

Speaking to him about any of this does no good. He'll reform for a day or two, then things are right back the same as before. He's a good man otherwise, and I'd rather have him than a clean house, but I don't need to deal with that stuff in my game, too.

All they do to “rescue” adults is persuade them to run, which they don't usually do. It's kind of silly, actually.

Well, remember, Kristy has already graduated from University with a fine arts degree. I have thought from time to time, that I'd like to try university with a married couple, so I had him take the test, but I decided I didn't feel like doing that with them, at least not right now. I moved them on to the next town instead, pretty much as soon as Kristy reached level 10 in firefighting.

@DeathJohnson I've gotten the pop-ups during the prom that asked my approval for my teen sim to go steady with their prom date, too. I might be remembering incorrectly, and maybe it was only that they became romantically involved with their date. Probably so, but it's just as annoying and unpleasant for them to ask to be just friends if they're romantic interests, as it is when they're going steady. In the two most recent cases, the guys both yelled at my sims, and got really nasty, when they asked to just be friends.

I don't usually try to get my sims too many friends either. Just one good friend is really enough. I don't especially like the charisma trait for that same reason. But having the charisma trait helps them make friends without taking days and days of non-stop interactions, as it to often does, especially if they have achieved the celebrity skill challenge. I also get the long distance friend LTR as soon as possible, so their friendships won't be lost after a couple of days of being too busy with work to call or hang out with them.

Yeah, I don't know if it's normal to have so many snow days. I get heavy snowstorms with howling winds, but they still don't get snow days off from school. It could be because of the mods I use. There may be a setting that by default prevents snow days, which I haven't noticed and changed, not that I would anyway.

Yes, I've heard of the hidden trait of being immune to fire, and by now, I'm sure Kristy must have it, as she's reached level 10 and moved on (I haven't updated as far as I've played yet).

@GBA91101Nvr4get Kristy already has a fine arts degree and worked in the culinary career. She's had several careers already, and is going to have a lot more. You probably haven't read my introduction of her to this thread. She's going to live in every EA world I have and do most of the careers I've never done yet, with a different one in each town, mostly professions. University degrees don't help with professions. I've thought of having her and Hal go to university together, which is why I had Hal take the test, but I decided I don't feel like doing that, at least not right now. If she goes back, he'll go with her. And Hal has already explored tombs with her. They took their honeymoon to China and explored during most of the time they were there. She had already explored every tomb in every world, but there were a few collectible relics I couldn't find them then, so I sent them there together to see if they could find them.

@DeathJohnson Sounds like Leland is serious about becoming part of the family.

@Zabeth0 So, you'll only be without internet over the weekend? That's not too earth-shattering. You'll most likely be way too busy to get online anyway. I've moved enough times to know how much time and work it takes.

I guess you're right, the burglar is lucky Hal didn't get to beat him up. He's gotten smacked on the face by the training dummy a couple of times, and and he acts like it hurts pretty badly.

Well, I hope you can get that bonus update posted before you lose your internet, because now you've made me curious about it. I had thought that you had made Deedee, and was wondering why you gave her the Heartbreaker LTW, but now I know otherwise. I bought SN on Origin's Black Friday sale, and I've been playing a sim there. She just met Deedee at the Red Velvet Lounge, and they are friends now. However, Deedee isn't a witch in my game. Nobody is. I changed all the supernaturals to humans, because I don't want them in my games.

Kristy got to test out the upgraded fire extinguisher on another fire, another day. I couldn't see that it made a very big difference, but maybe she was able to put out the fires a little more quickly.

Page 400

@Aaeiyn Sounds like you probably have a lot of easels in that house!

No, Kristy didn't kick the gnome. I kind of wish I had had her do it just once, but she's moved on to another job now, though I haven't updated that far, so she can't do it now.

No, Hal isn't good, but Kristy is. They're both brave though. Hal originally had the coward trait, but that's one trait I don't like playing with, since I get so tired of them cowering in fear over just about everything. So I changed it and made him brave instead.

Don't worry, Kristy will never break Hal's heart. He broke hers a long time ago, back in Riverview, but after she moved away, he realized he'd made a huge mistake, and that he loved her, so he searched for her until he found her again. She had never stopped loving him, so even though she had tried to forget him with other men, it never worked out, and she gave up. Even before he finally found her, she was just throwing away all the love letters she was getting. Hal knows about all that, so he isn't worried about Kristy being unfaithful, he's just annoyed with those other men for still not respecting her relationship with Hal.

@Colorist40 Kristy can't bring back dead plants. She doesn't have the green thumb trait.

The gnomes didn't sound like what they were saying was at all good.

Hal is in the forensics branch of the law enforcement career, meaning he does the lab work for the crime scene evidence. So, a forensic analysis is part of working with that evidence. He must have done the lab work at work, but at home, he can analyze the data from the lab work. He gets paid extra for doing it, plus it helps his job performance, which will help him get raises, now that he's reached the top of the career.

I don't do flu shots in real life either. I don't get the flu.

I doubt if Hal is intimidated by Kristy. He knows she wouldn't hurt ever him on purpose.

Sinbad Rotter is too evil to be in any other career but crime. But then, a lot of real life criminals are cowards too. My husband told me once about a guy he worked with, who was confronted by a mugger with a knife, demanding money. He told the guy to get lost or he'd grab that knife and shove it up his (bad word, but you can guess what he said). The guy immediately apologized and disappeared fast. This is absolutely a true story! LOL!

I think Hal started the still life of the vase before it had snowed. The flowers get covered with white when it snows, and they are still yellow in the painting.

I had a second generation sim marry the guy that babysat for her younger siblings, who hit on her as he arrived just as she was leaving for her first day of high school. She actually aged up before him, but then the next day, when she invited him over, he was a young adult. A day or two later, she invited him over so she could become engaged to him, and he had aged up to adult! The game does weird things to NPC's sometimes.

Page 401

@Colorist40 Yeah, I don't like how low the starting pay is for the culinary career, ordinarily. But with her degree in fine arts, she started at level 4, with a much higher wage than is normally paid at that level. Of course, she was already rich at that point, from all of her exploring, so it wouldn't have really mattered if she had gotten the low pay.

I take it you don't like fish.

If your sim does the right things, they'll gain influence. Kristy got nerd influence from using the science station. Then, once they sent her the game console, she got more influence every time she used it. I don't really care about what social group influence she has, but with all the extra LTH points she has that I have no real use for, I figure I might as well use some of it to raise her influence if she's wished to get to the next level. Of course, that gives her even more points she'll never use, but it does make her happier to get her wishes. And, as you know, I like to make my sims happy.

Yeah, I can understand Ning's desperation. It's too easy to forget that other people have their own problems and might not be able to deal with someone else's, when our own are overwhelming.

OK, if Ashleigh's father didn't want Ashton to take her away, why would he send her away because of her involvement with Ashton? That does not make sense at all. Or did he just threaten to send her away, but didn't really mean it? He wasn't thinking very well. He should realize that once Ashley was married, she would probably still live nearby, and he could visit or invite her over.

I don't have that mod, but I always play that way anyway. If my sims don't have the ingredients already, they can't make it. You can't buy them through the refrigerator at home, so my sims can't do it either. Besides, it's more expensive to buy them through the fridge, especially if you take advantage of sale prices at the grocery store.

The way the house fires work is kind of lame. They can't get into the house to rescue them until all of the window fires are out. Then they have to break the door with an axe and go in and persuade the adults and teens to “run” and carry out any children. Usually there's no fires actually inside the house, so once the window fires are out, they don't need to leave the house, and they usually don't. But your sim has to “rescue” them anyway, to get credit for doing the job.

The big rocks Kristy is picking up are meteorites, which are smaller than meteors. There haven't been any meteors in my games in a very long time. Since I started playing, I've only had one, and it hit the school, where my second generation teen was. I quit without saving and started the day over.

Hal waited to talk to Kristy about his plans for getting away because Kristy was stressed from work and wanted to play video games with him. So he waited until the next morning, when she would be more relaxed.

@Puddinroy Thank you.

@TadOlson Thank you. It was the large square planters I was asking about. Are they CC?

I know stray pets won't come into the house unless your sim greets them, but I've had my sims pet them and talk to them, to make friends, but I still want them to stay outside. So, I lock the door against them even though my sims usually don't have any pets of their own.

Wow, they went to work in a blizzard? It might have been better for them to take the day off. (Not really of course, but in real life they wouldn't have been expected to go.)

@Aaeiyn Thank you. Yes, Hal definitely does his share of the housework. When he's home before her, he'll do all the cleaning up, especially if it's Friday. They want the house all clean before the weekend.

Did you choose Derek's traits?

Have you had your sim moms eat watermelon while they're pregnant? Each one eaten raises the chance of having a girl by 10%, from the default 50%. But eating any prepared food with apples in it will have the opposite affect. What I do when I want to influence the baby's gender, which I normally don't, is have my sim eat nothing but watermelon, or apples, depending on what they've wished for, or what I want, until they've eaten 10 of them. It's kind of overkill, but it always works.

Page 402

@MayaRose1138 I tried getting sim points from watching the ads, but I don't really have time to waste on that, so I quit doing it. I'd rather just buy the points.

Thank you for the dress.

Thank you for looking up the numbers for the hair color, but I actually need all four sets of numbers, for the roots, base, highlights, and tips.

I don't know for sure what you'd need to do if the playpen is glitched. The simplest fix is to use Master Controller to reset it, if it's the playpen itself that is glitched. If that doesn't work, and more likely than not, it won't, the next step is to replace it with a new one. If that doesn't work, then reset the entire lot with Master Controller. If it's still glitched, try moving the family to the clipboard in Edit Town mode, then put them back into the house. If that doesn't work either, then it's the game itself that has the corruption, and the only solution is to move them to a new town, which can be the same town, just a fresh copy. That's kind of extreme measures to take for just a playpen, but if it's really that bad, other issues will be cropping up as you continue to play, until the game itself could become unplayable, and unable to be fixed even by moving them to a new copy of the town.

Yeah, I realised that as I woke up this morning :blush: I have no excuse except that it was Friday night. I'll get the rest of the numbers today. Still can't find the hairstyle though; it has the folder icon on it, which means it isn't store bought (I think) but I couldn't find it in my launcher either so it may have come in on a sim that I downloaded.
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Bonus bit:

wcbgxh.jpg

Deedee: She'd read legends about Koschei, of course. The immortal sorcerer, the emaciated old man whose tears were thunderstorms, the old man who kidnapped young maidens and warrior princesses alike, usually if there was a russian tale about a hero having to retrieve his wife from some old sorcerer, Koschei was the one. Witches through history were called many things, witches, priests, sorcerers, shamans, warlocks, so many names for the same thing. The other famous thing was how difficult it was to kill Koschei "the deathless". His life force was hidden in a needle in an egg in a duck in a rabbit in a chest buried under the roots of a tree on a nondescript island that a hero would have to sail to, and even if the hero could get there, find the particular tree, dig up the chest and open it, the rabbit would bolt, and if the hero killed the rabbit, the duck would fly away, and if the hero was fast enough to shoot down the duck, he still had to break open the egg to kill Koschei, and in some legends in order to break the egg, he'd have to break it on Koschei's forehead. It seemed too ridiculous to be true, but magic had it's own rules for how things worked, and Deedee was uncomfortably aware that she didn't know but a small lake in a vast ocean of knowledge pertaining to magic. She wondered which parts were true...

25z08c1.jpg

Granny: "When you destroy someone's capacity to love, we're not talking about body parts, there, dear, we're talking about the emotional connection. To anyone; to his parents, to his brothers and sisters, to any woman or man at all. But if a person has already experienced love when this happens, they want it so bad. It's rather like ghosts that burned to death...they'll return to their house and stand in the shower with cold water pouring over them all night long, as though that could put them out...it can't, but they keep trying anyway."

Deedee: "And you didn't know that would happen, you were trying to rescue him, and he came back broken like that...?"

Granny: "Yes. In fact, it was years before I realized that there was something broken inside him at all. Yes, his first act after being broken from the spell was to kill the witch who had cast it on him, but she deserved it, and it wasn't as though a trial would have made any difference. And princes weren't exactly known for chastity, but even by those standards, Koschei put the other princes to shame; his personal goal seemed to be to try every woman in the kingdom. So, you see, you'd have a better relationship with Rafael if you do break the spell; he won't be clingy, you can sleep with him and then leave him like the other boys, and it won't bother him, he'll be out trying new women before you can even get bored of him. But if you do it, my dear, it won't be out of ignorance."

2nbsspf.jpg

Deedee: "Are you trying to tell me you can't break the spell without those consequences?"

vhgs8z.jpg

Granny: "Me? I've known how to do it without those consequences for hundreds of years now, but it's just too much work. Just ask yourself, Deedee, where would you lot be if I weren't so lazy? Besides, there are few things as entertaining as watching a good witch choose between two evils, especially when doing nothing will also be disastrous."

330uus5.jpg

Granny: "You can choose whether or not to kill Zelda, or just let her die, to cure Rafael knowing full well that you're just doing what I'm going to do eventually, consequences and all, or let him alone...a few years is nothing to me. Though we'll have to see who is alive at the end of the night, won't we? And a witch will die tonight, make no mistake."
    Update 28

---

Wednesday was Sam's high school graduation ceremony. This brought back memories of Monica's past, and how her father had died before he was able to see hers. She realized that Sam also wouldn't have her father at her graduation ceremony, but at least she would have a loving parent there for her.

Sims93.png

They set off in a rush to make sure they would get there on time, as they would only have one chance at the ceremony. As it turned out, they had plenty of time, as they had arrived a bit early before the ceremony started.

Sims94.png

Sam graduated as an honor student, and although she didn't have a lot of friends at school, she was still voted as most artistic, so a lot of the school must have seen her play guitar at some point.

Sims96.png

The graduation ceremony went on for hours, and Sam was relieved when she was finally able to get out of there. On the drive home, Monica congratulated her on her school accomplishments of being an honor student and being the most artistic. Sam was blushing as she thanked her mother, she didn't really even expect the most artistic award at all, she didn't really know what most of the students at the school thought about her, and was surprised to learn that they respected her so much.

As soon as they got home, Sam was hungry, and the first thing she did was eat a leftover slice of birthday cake from the party the night before.

Sims95.png

After that, she went onto the computer to make sure all of her university arrangements were in order, she didn't plan to take any time off to herself to just relax, she wanted to get to university right away and get a degree as soon as possible. To achieve this, she laid out plans to get headed to university the very next day.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    @Zabeth: That granny is truly wicked, if I was deeded I'd stay away from her
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
    Carlo Hart, kin to Gus and Dorie Hart, brother of Bebe Hart, from Toddler to Child.
    29ekkfq.jpg
    Carlo is Inappropriate, Keltomaniac and Couch Potato.

I have not forgotten about Justin and Cheyanne's baby boy, Elliot! We will get there, I just have a lot of other things to check on my "to do list" :) More updates heading your way!
    @msbeckycat Nice update! :) I love the ittle outfit they wear at the beginning of the singing profession. I usually like to change their hair though into a more stylish bun. I wish they could wear custom hairstyles under that hat sometimes, lol.

@Zabeth0 That granny scares me quite a bit. If I was Deedee, I wouldn't have anything to do with her. I've read plenty of books with evil grandmother's, so good job on your creativity with this one. :D
    Simis and Jocasta Bachelor, parents of Bella and Michael Bachelor, from Adults to Elders.
    zn4v3a.jpg
    Simis right, Jocasta left. Simis is Handy, Loner, Genius, Bookworm and Frugal. Jocasta is Family-Oriented, No Sense of Humor, Loner, Bookworm and Neat.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited December 2014
    GBA91101Nver4get-I love the winter weather and I don't mind the blue at all since they needed free flooring and didn't want an ugly brown color in their house.I've kept opportunities turned off since I kept getting ones for traveling when they couldn't afford to travel and I got sick of that.Great written update!
    Deathjohnson-I've got my game set up to allow teens and young adults to get into romance if they were already in a relationship or were very good friends and were close in age.Great update!
    Aaeiyn-I've had some days be mostly work and little else happening and it was one of those days were little happened.I actually love giving colorful homes to sims who'd want that.Great updates!It looks like you're getting into playing story progression manually and I actually do that myself a lot in my games.
    AiHaou-Great news about your sound!Great update!
    MayaRose1138-I've been staring to get the first generation going in Glen Harbor and it's going to start to happen in the coming year in Oak Leaf where they'll start trying for babies soon.The only exception will be the newest family to move into Oak Leaf because they'll need to save up and get settled into a proper house because I've currently got them living on a community lot due to a glitch I was having with trying to get them move in.
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    IreneSwift-The square planters are CC from TSR and they're great.They went to work in the blizzard because those happened so often in the winter that they'd never make it to work if they stayed home for every blizzard that winter.Great update!Your game is close to spring like my Oak Leaf game is.
    msbeckcat-Great update!
    Zabeth0-Great update!I'd be very careful around that granny and watch very closely if I had to have any dealings with her.
    I've got an update ready to post in a little while.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's today's update from Oak Leaf in late winter of 1846.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up very early that morning and Eli was busy with the washroom while Ami was eating leftover salad for breakfast and failed to notice it was spoiled.
    15928234865_66f601d355.jpg
    Eli was getting into the spoiled salad for her breakfast while Ami headed for the washroom to take his turn using it.
    15740799788_628fe6682b.jpg
    Eli finished breakfast and decided to tend the garden while Ami was still in the washroom and it was a blizzard raging outside and a stray dog was at their front door and left before anybody could come.
    15928239195_a95c0163b9.jpg
    Ami was playing chess on his computer while Eli was busy with the garden.
    15740803028_6d941515d5.jpg
    She was still busy with the garden until the middle of that Sunday afternoon.
    15928243155_d2f8764c90.jpg
    They were both studying skills on their smart phones as it got dark outside.
    15926281601_6cc7f3be06.jpg
    They finished up at 6PM and started getting ready for bed and were heading to bed by 7:30 in the evening.
    15306003454_3eabec682c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Deathjohnson-I've got my game set up to allow teens and youg adults to get into romance if they were already in a relationship or were very good friends and were close in age.

Is that a mod that does that? I have some mods that I haven't really checked into all the settings for, so maybe I could have even done that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top