Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @enkeli63 - Yay! I'm no longer a party crasher! Thank you! (And the link works great, thanks for asking!)

@CathyTea, I never thought of you as a party crasher :p That's hilarious!

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    @enkeli63 I have read all of your Uncertainty Principle story. I am beyond hooked. I love it so so so much. Super creative. All of the characters are super mysterious. Hands-down one of my favorite reads.
    @enkeli63 I have read all of your Uncertainty Principle story. I am beyond hooked. I love it so so so much. Super creative. All of the characters are super mysterious. Hands-down one of my favorite reads.

@aroseinbloom, WOW, thanks! I'm really enjoying your story too, although I just git started with it. I'm just getting acquainted with your sims, but I absolutely loved how you started the story!!

I'm glad you don't mind the mysteriousness of it. I was worried at first that it could be "too dark" or people might not like it because it doesn't have a "main character," or it would be too weird :p As soon as I learned that Sims 4 was going with the "Alternate Timeline" concept, I was inspired! I've always been fascinated with time and quantum physics, so my story is really inspired by that other passion of mine B)

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    enkeli63 wrote: »

@aroseinbloom, WOW, thanks! I'm really enjoying your story too, although I just git started with it. I'm just getting acquainted with your sims, but I absolutely loved how you started the story!!

I'm glad you don't mind the mysteriousness of it. I was worried at first that it could be "too dark" or people might not like it because it doesn't have a "main character," or it would be too weird :p As soon as I learned that Sims 4 was going with the "Alternate Timeline" concept, I was inspired! I've always been fascinated with time and quantum physics, so my story is really inspired by that other passion of mine B)

I have a lot more written, so take your time! It's not going anywhere. There are some picture issues in Gen 3 that I keep meaning to fix, but never do.

Maybe I'm a little dark (gloomy?) myself, but I really like the mystery you've created. I think you give just enough away that I'm not completely lost, but still hold back enough that I keep wanting to learn more. That being said, I read it all at one time. Perhaps reading one chapter at a time, especially in the beginning, would be more frustrating. Still...you leave a lot to still be learned!

That's great that you get to mix in another passion of yours. It truly makes for an interesting story.

Celiria wrote: »
    @aroseinbloom I just want to thank you for mentioning familyecho. It's a nice tool that I've now used to create my own basic family tree for my story :)

This sounds like a resource I should add to the front page of the thread? I'd love to learn more about it! I can't find the original post where @aroseinbloom told you about it though. So hopefully one of you can fill me in on more details!

OriginID Starwing6

I have a lot more written, so take your time! It's not going anywhere. There are some picture issues in Gen 3 that I keep meaning to fix, but never do.

Maybe I'm a little dark (gloomy?) myself, but I really like the mystery you've created. I think you give just enough away that I'm not completely lost, but still hold back enough that I keep wanting to learn more. That being said, I read it all at one time. Perhaps reading one chapter at a time, especially in the beginning, would be more frustrating. Still...you leave a lot to still be learned!

That's great that you get to mix in another passion of yours. It truly makes for an interesting story.

Pacing is tough when you need to share back story but you also need to keep things moving forward! I really appreciate your feedback so much though, because those are things I think about a lot. I've never written a sim story like this one before.

OriginID Starwing6

@aroseinbloom I just want to thank you for mentioning familyecho. It's a nice tool that I've now used to create my own basic family tree for my story :)

This sounds like a resource I should add to the front page of the thread? I'd love to learn more about it! I can't find the original post where @aroseinbloom told you about it though. So hopefully one of you can fill me in on more details!

It's a great source! It's what I use to put together my family tree, which you can find on my blog if you want to see how it looks. You're able to add names, spouses, children, etc to it. To 'spice it up' I copy it and put it in Paint so that I can label heirs and deaths. I think it would definitely be helpful to people who are like me and want to keep an updated family tree around.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

Definitely! I use it too.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited December 2014
    @aroseinbloom on your family tree how did you shrink the pictures down without messing up the quality? I tried adding pictures to mine but the second I reduced their size the quality got messed up.

Here is the image of my tree so you can see what I'm talking about.

family-tree1.png

• OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member

@Jufanzaly, your story has been added to the front page now! I hope the links are all good, I selected the Table of Contents link for your story because that's always going to be helpful for the readers B) So, welcome to the Storyteller Group. Please feel free to share ideas, post about updates to your story, ask people how they do something, etc.

Thank you!!

FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
    edited December 2014
    @aroseinbloom on your family tree how did you shrink the pictures down without messing up the quality? I tried adding pictures to mine but the second I reduced their size the quality got messed up.

@Celiria Are you adding the photo separate from the Family Echo site?

If so, go on the Family Echo website and click on the name-- there should be an option under their name to add a photo. Upload the photo there and, at least for me, it does all of the work!

Let me know!
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited December 2014

@Celiria Are you adding the photo separate from the Family Echo site?

If so, go on the Family Echo website and click on the name-- there should be an option under their name to add a photo. Upload the photo there and, at least for me, it does all of the work!

Let me know!

I added them separately because adding photos in family echo requires registration which I didn't want to deal with. Oh well, it doesn't look terrible so I'll probably just leave it as is.

edit: I ended up finding a tool online that let me resize them without losing quality so it's good now :)
    Hello my favorite story-tellers! I've updated my blog. You know, Peyton is having boy troubles, so she heads to the bar....

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere 5.12
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Good thing he's not married to Bianca in your game. She'd come over there and "handle" Trinity LOL.
    When GNC gets home he's gonna have a lot of explaining to do.
    But I did notice and kept in mind that his aspiration is to have one soulmate which he already acquired.

His story comes up on Thursday and I think it is the funniest of them all.
    I'm an official member of the Giancarlo fan club!
    A riot to play with.

From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Good thing he's not married to Bianca in your game. She'd come over there and "handle" Trinity LOL.
    When GNC gets home he's gonna have a lot of explaining to do.
    But I did notice and kept in mind that his aspiration is to have one soulmate which he already acquired.

His story comes up on Thursday and I think it is the funniest of them all.
    I'm an official member of the Giancarlo fan club!
    A riot to play with.
    LOL, some 'splaining to do?? I can't WAIT to read it! Isn't he great?
    forum_final.png

So...this is awkward, but I don't really know why. My story has been in progress for a reeeeally long time, but I'm the new kid on the block on this thread lol. If anyone keeps up with the Pruetts, I just posted a new chapter! http://pruettlegacy.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/chapter-72-double-trouble/
    forum_final.png

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Hey, Jes2G! I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's thinking,"Hey, we're all fans of the Pruett Family Legacy!" You're a total celebrity! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Awww, yay! B) lol
    forum_final.png

Okay party people! I got another post done. My eyes are burning now, so I'm heading to bed! Enjoy the update.

A Woman and a Bench 5.13
    And where did that guy get all those tools? I've never seen that before! Oh, Mike is so cute! But, oh. ok.

Hey, I love the expression on Anthony's face in the final photo! (Two-piece? I did read an article once about what bikinis do to men's thinking!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    And where did that guy get all those tools? I've never seen that before! Oh, Mike is so cute! But, oh. ok.

Guy with tools=I have no idea where he came from. But he left as quickly as he arrived. Mike, too. Well, I know where to find him should I ever want him again. But...again. Sitting talking. Gone!

Hey, I love the expression on Anthony's face in the final photo! (Two-piece? I did read an article once about what bikinis do to men's thinking!)

Heh! It's the perfect expression. I'm so glad he made it and I got a picture of it. Just you wait...you'll fall in love with Anthony. (I hope)
    For you Skinner Saga followers, there were some broken pictures at the beginning of generation 3...I went in and fixed them for you all (and for my sanity). Feel free to go back and check them out if you want to see what you were missing! Thanks for being awesome.
    Just you wait...you'll fall in love with Anthony. (I hope)

I sort of have a crush on him already. It's that way he looks at Peyton. You know, I've had real troubles getting some of my Sims to meet that someone special, too. Goofballs are picky, I think! (They need someone who can handle their humor!) And my self-assured, loner Acacia nearly drove me to distraction while we were looking for Kyler!

• BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited December 2014

sorry. mistake
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited December 2014
    likewise
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png