March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the heads up Bily. I'll see what I can do. I know I have them all extracted myself, so I'll get links posted.
    edited August 2014
    Hey! my first post on the new forum!

Here's Zerbu's Backups I have uploaded to mediafire. I've informed him on one of his texture threads the links were no longer working, so maybe he'll fix them.

Isla Paradiso Textures, Roads, INI & Color Ramps by Zerbu
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/g71e3bhhhlb2drw/Isla_Paradiso_Textures,_Roads,_INI_&_Color_Ramps_by_Zerbu.rar

Oasis Landing Textures, Roads, by Zerbu
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2oo4a9erpna1o2z/Oasis_Landing_Textures,_Roads,_by_Zerbu.rar

Roaring Heights Textures, Roads, ini Files & Color Ramps by Zerbu
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/c3n6cbziezgeorq/Roaring_Heights_Textures,_Roads,_INI_Files_and_Colour_Ramps_by_Zerbu.rar

The Bridgeport textures Drowsapp had were exactly the same as Emmies Bridgeport textures, so I've just removed Drowsapps from the list.
    Post edited by auntielynds on
    So, I tried to edit the texture thread post, but was unable to save. I received an error message saying I was 20k characters over the limit. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this situation. It would be nice to know what the character limit is, and if the forum administrators are able to extend the limit.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    @auntielynds, thank you for searching to keep this important topic updated. :thumbup: (I have already those textures too on my PC - from older date - but seing how is this organized, I was only sorry, that something wasn't perfect and another users will not find it). I'm sorry that forum don't allows to update it - I've already seen some OP of ginormous topic - to remake another topic due to site issues. I don't know, how this will work with pinning it on top of forum, like is this topic pinned. Have a marvelous evening! :)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).

@Bily_jednorozec, I've started a thread in the tech section to see if this is a permanent restriction. If it is, I may do another thread with multiple posts that I'll be able to expand as needed. We'll have to see at that point if this thread can be unstickied, and the new one stickied. I'd hate to have to do that since there are 32 pages of ongoing discussion on this thread that will be buried.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi there auntilynds,I found CustomSims down and was worried about how anybody was going to find the rabbit hole replacers.There is on option for downloading the JYNX-RH at Mediafire and another link can be found HERE
    There's another site for Rabbit Hole replacers requiring you to sign up for a free membership at MTS
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Howdy Tad B) Thanks for the links. They can also be found at simsl3gacies, Margaret Pendragon's blog.
    I was lucky to have saved those rabbit hole replacers and did give credit to the creator though somebody else wanted them and couldn't download them because the site went down.My link is for the rugs and doors in a combined set and for the pets fix ones.I could only get them up ad one collection. 63.gif
    All the links going back to the old forum had to be changed to the new forum links. I think I got them all. I also divided the first post into two posts because there is a character limit on all posts at the moment. I'll start working on the texture links thread tomorrow.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi, @auntielynds!
    I'm really very happy for each good tutorial, what I can read. Compliments for yours work. :thumbup:
    I think (as here is a little bit changed BBCode for formatting text) this what I've posted here may be usefull for You. :D:smile:
    Without offense, please, yours work on here is usefull (more that mine messages) on here without font resizing. :blush:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    edited August 2014
    Hello sweeties ;)Finally I've got it work :mrgreen:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4872/bb-code-help/ Have a happy day everyone!
    Thank you Karritz! :D:cookie:
    Before BBCode for me here hasn't worked, because here used CSS system is using smaller numbers, i.e. before when I wanted bigger font, I have had to write in BBCode "20".
    CSS system font sizes are going on another scale, i.e. from "1" to "7".
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-size-props
    I'm falling in Love with this new green Vanilla Forum. :broken_heart::mrgreen:

Wonderful Bily!
    You are right, I like to be able to layout the posts for better readability and this will help immensely. <3
  • MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    I've been wanting to create sims 3 worlds for ages, but I can't seem to get my feet off the ground. In my latest attempt I want to create a flat (or at least mostly so, maybe some hills to put houses on) rectangular urban island and I loaded the medium flat one in both 100 and 200 and I can't seem to be able to change the sea level like I did when I loaded the isle 200 one and the sea would overtake parts of the land. What am I doing wrong, I'm just going for a wider than tall rectangle so that's why I wanna do the flat one, turn the square into a rectangle.
    If the water is too high on a completely flat map, it can be difficult to lower the water level. Try using the valley tool and make a depression in the map so you have lower land to click on after you click on the water level tool.
  • RRArtieRRArtie Posts: 204 Member
    I don't understand how to handle posts in the new forum.

I wanted to update a post brought over from the old lot swap forum. The pictures did not show ("Width=300" might have been the problem). When I tried to update it in the new forum it said I did not have enough experience to post links. Do I have to update the links to the new forum?

Also, when I wanted to post another comment with a picture a little box opened up. What am I suppose to do with that? Copy the picture here, copy URL here?. Is BBCode still used for URls?

This is probably the wrong place to post this question, but I can't find a help for the new forum and this is where I hang out.
    edited August 2014
    From what I've gathered from lurking around the the tech forum, and this thread: The UNOFFICIAL Forum Bug Thread. They, meaning whoever is working on the forum, put into effect a ranking system, ie New Member, and Member. New Members are unable to post links and pictures. I don't know how many posts you must make before becoming a regular member. I would guess maybe 100? They did this because on the first couple days of the forum someone kept making new accounts and then spamming the general discussion area with inappropriate pictures. I'm glad they took some action, however it's made posting rather difficult for members with lower post counts. If I were you, I'd go into one of the faster moving forums like general discussion and start posting willy-nilly on everyone's thread. You know stuff like, "Looks Good!" and "I agree!" to get your post count up.

The BBCode should still work fine. I think the image url box that pops up just brackets the image with the image bbcode.

edited August 2014

I commented twice on your question RRArtie, so make sure you read the first comment on the previous page. :D

Just found this: How long do I need to be around in order to post pics?
    MiwaPRO wrote: »
    It's because you're rated as new member, Sweetie! Its su**s, actually! You're not able to do much thing as a new member such posting pic or quoting. To be promoted to Member, you got have 50 points by earning badges, likes, LOLs...

I've been through this, I'll like your post to help you! ;)

EDIT* I LOL your post so you can get the 5 LOL badge, ok?

And take a look on this thread, it might help you!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770973/got-a-new-member-ranking-post-here-to-be-liked-agreed-with-and-lol-at-for-points/p1

I'm going to go do your lol's, agree's and like's to get you those badges.

Got em, you now have 58 points, so see if you can post links and pics and let me know.
    Thank you auntielynds. Got the badges and was able to post a URL to my world on a request for IP like custom worlds. I have some people and lots to share, but was putting that aside because of the problems. Back to documenting my shares now.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    @auntielynds (Not sure if that works here xD) Hi! Just checking in, and unfortunately I do NOT have my pictures from the tomb tutorials I made. :( I'm upset about that, but I think it should still be able to work by following the rest of the instructions. :')
    Thanks for checking Bun ;)
    We'll leave them linked up. Like you said, people should be able to follow along without them.
    edited November 2014
    I can't get S3PE to download from Simlogical because the download link goes to a error page and I can't find anywhere else to download it from.Your tutorial link for Simlogical also go to error pages instead of the tutorial.I need a working download link for S3PE.It seems like THIS link should work for downloading and it's not on the other page for the link.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    Apparently all the Simlogical links have changed. Go to www.Simlogical.com. On this home page are links to S3PC, S3oc and a link to a list of other downloads.
    Ugh, I'll start fixing the links. :p
    Thank you. It is not going to be easy. I tried to link to your article on using S3PE to fix WPID and that link is gone. I had to go to the list of contributors and find the article. Everyone with a tutorial will have to update their tutorials. It might help if you started the FAQ with a banner saying the links are broken and here is where to find the new link. Thank You for your continued support.
    Yes, an announcement at the top of the FAQ is a good idea. I see Inge has my tutorials in PDF format, but when I click on it I get a blank page. I can PM Inge and see what's up. I have the tutorials backed up, so for the time being I'll post and link to them here. I wrote those some time ago so I should recheck them for any out of date information. I think the only other caw information there was Gurra's rabbithole listing but I'll double check. As more and more people move on to other pursuits, I imagine we'll see more forums close, and information lost. I've tried to make a backup of most of the tutorials HERE but I don't think I have all of them yet. The biggest problem is the pictures in the tuts disappearing as with all of Bunbunny's tomb tutorials. :\
    Uses for S3PE in World Creation

There are several different ways to utilize s3pe for World Creation. I'm sure this is just a few, so if you know of other uses, post, and let us know.

First off, this is where you'll find the download for s3pe;
    http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

Second, Back up any files you will be working with, just in case.

These are the things I use the program for. I'll do a quick tut in a new post for each of these.

Designating a World a City

Recovering Caw Files for an Exported World

Changing out the WPID File
    So you can upload more than once to the exchange, or install more than one version of your world to your game.

Adding & Extracting Metadata Objects: Recolors, Rabbit Holes, Trees, ect.

Deleting the _KEY file to fix the brown uck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top