March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #4 - A Ghostly Design

@celdys0n
    The exterior of this place really shouts Victorian to me, which is awesome. The exterior treatments you have chosen work incredibly well, and your roof line looks fantastic! Your landscaping works well and I love that maze out the back, it has been really well executed. I am impressed with your use of the terrain paint tool as well. Your layout looks like it would translate well into play, and I can tell that you put a lot of thought into your room sizes. The palette you have chosen really helps add some warmth into the austere Victorian style. You have made some incredibly appropriate object choices and your placement is spot on.

Suggestions: Your pictures are great, although personally I would not have chosen an effect that makes it more difficult to see the details.

Room Challenge: The Dining Room looks amazing, you made some really inspired object choices in here, I just adore that chicken! The artwork on the walls does seem to dominate the room though, I would have made that large picture by the hutch a little smaller.

@Datkid
    Your architecture epitomises the Victorian style which is great. Your roof-line is really well executed, especially those lovely turret style pieces you have used, and the materials you have chosen for the exterior are great. Your landscaping is just lovely and I see that you have made some good use of the terrain painting tool. You have done a great job on the roofing. The layout works well and I can see it translating into play. You have made some really great object choices given the brief, and your palette helps to make the build feel incredibly cohesive.

Suggestions: That diagonal roof feels a little out of place where it gets cut off before it reaches the main building, I think I would have tried to drag it back just a little further so that it maintained that gorgeous roof-line. Some of your rooms feel a little empty, that may be due to the size of them, think carefully about your room sizes and object placement. Your pictures feel very dark, consider setting all your lights to ‘on’ before showcasing your home.

Mr Green: Mr Green looks fab, and I can see him with the traits that you chose. Looks like everyone is having a great time listening to him talk about his life!

@EEtheridge
    Such a cool take on the Victorian style, with that tall central area it almost has a twist of art-deco to it, which is unique. You have done such a great job with the landscaping, your choice of plants, use of the terrain painting tool and the wall treatments out here all help the exterior really blend together. The layout of the home works well and I can see how it would translate into play. The interiors feel well thought out, and incredibly homely, you have made great use of clutter without making the place feel over done.

Suggestions: I wonder if the roof-line would have looked more in keeping had you raised the porch roofs slightly, having them that flat feels a little ‘off’ to me. The landing felt very bare in comparison to the rest of the home, it could have used something on the walls or some plants dotted about. Don’t forget about that ‘alt’ key, when you hold it down, you can rotate pieces ever so slightly, this might help your conversational areas feel more inclusive.

@allisoneg02
    Oh wow, what a gorgeous little Victorian home. The architecture is amazing and the wall treatments you have chosen for the exterior work incredibly well, I simply adore the way you have placed those gorgeous little lights outside as well. The landscaping is really well done, it looks a little unkempt, but well loved. I especially like how you have landscaped around the fountain, it looks so incredibly natural. The layout is so typically Victorian with that lovely long corridor, and I can see that it would translate well into play. Your object choices and placement is spot on, and your palette, although muted, really helps give that old world feeling.

Suggestions: I had a tough time coming up with suggestions on how you could improve your build, I guess my one comment would be that having windows on the sides of that tower might have made it feel more like part of the build

Room Challenge: The dining room is very well laid out and you have made some really great object choices, great use of those wooden textures to help bring the room together.

Sim Challenge: Mr Green looks awesome, great choice of traits too, I can see him enjoying all the artwork you have placed around his home.

@benlow11
    Your architecture really does feel Victorian, and I like that you have managed to fit a tower into the home, your window placement and use of exterior treatments work well. The landscaping has been well thought out and you have made some really great choices for plants and excellent use of the terrain painting tool. Your palette works well throughout and really helps build a sense of cohesion to the build. You have made some really great object choices and a good eye for object placement.

Suggestions: Your layout felt a little random, with no real flow through the home, it is unusual to have a bathroom at the centre of the house. don’t forget about the ‘alt’ button which can be used to place items on a slight angle, this can help a build feel a little less rigid. Try to make the pictures the main part of your presentation, some were really quite small, which made it difficult to see the details.

So, the results:

2nd Place goes to: @EEtheridge

Which makes the winner: @allisoneg02

The winner of the Room challenge is: @allisoneg02

The winner of the Sim challenge is: @Datkid
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited November 2014
    Oh my! I didn't actually expect to win! Thank you for the kind words, I really needed a pick-me-up today! I absolutely love older homes so when I saw this challenge I felt it was right up my alley. I personally think everyone did an excellent job with this challenge!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Expert Entrants - please note a small change to the results due to your judge (me) not reading the challenge details closely enough. Oops :s
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    What a lovely surprise to come home to after a long day at work :D Thank you so much @KittKat7147 :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #5 - The Olsen's Part II

☆benlow11☆

The two homes you have built are perfectly in keeping with Don and Judy’s original building. Good job making them just that little different to each other, it really helps to add interest to the lot as a whole. The layouts work really well in both homes and I especially like how you made sure that Charlotte had plenty of space to get around with her walker, the thought behind no rugs was a great one also! Your object placement and choices are great and your palette works really well throughout the build.

Suggestions: A little more terrain painting around the exteriors would have added to the curb appeal of the builds, and some more clutter in Leroy’s Den would have helped it to feel a little more lived in.

☆ RachelShennan ☆

These homes fit together on this lot perfectly, you really have done a great job! The landscaping around each home helps them blend together seamlessly. You have made some truly wonderful use of terrain painting tools. Your interior layouts work well and I like that you gave some thought to accessibility for Charlotte and her walker. Your object placement is great and you have made some really interesting object choices. The palette is lovely is both homes and helps really make them very individual.

Suggestions: Great job trying out camera man mode! However, I think with a little more practice your showcases could be even better. I would advise you to take a look around at some tutorials, such as this one http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604997.page for hints and tips.

The winner is....

RachelShennan
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #4 - A Ghostly Design

☆Issabella14☆
    Lovely build. The roofline looks very interesting and I think you have done a great job combining a flat roof with a regular roof. There is not much landscaping, as there was not much room for it, but what you had fits the theme.
    A suggestion for the next time would be to take the pictures with the walls all the way up. And then take the pictures from a Sims view. That way you get the feeling as if standing in the room. Though for the attic this was a good choice to show it, the rest would have been nice with wall up.
    Your interior matches the victorian style very well. The whole style is cohesive through the build. Good job. I personally like the bedroom, with the 2 pink chairs in front of the fireplace.

☆Simhead70☆
    Charming build. The exterior looks very impressive at night. The pathway in the front and back garden looks lovely. Great natural shape. The open back yard looks great too, it gives the illusion their lot is a lot bigger.
    A suggestion I can give it to work on your roofline. The general structure of the build works for an victorian house, but having 1 big roof piece (and the turret) makes it less victorian. Maybe a few dormers would have helped break the line of it.
    The interior colours are unexpected but fit the Queen Anne style houses. You did a great job giving each room there own character. Love what you did in the bathrooms with the tall cabinet separating the two sinks. My two favorite places would be the music room and the blue master suite. The blue is so soothing.

☆RachelShennan☆
    Lovely build. The little fountain in front is great. As well as in the back. The landscaping overall is sparse, but fitting a victorian house. Your interior looks very victorian. Muted colours fit the early styles of vitorian. The layout works well too. Though I miss a bit a family room separate from the music room.
    A tip I can give you is about those walls you couldn’t remove. I have encountered that too once or twice. If you drag a different wall towards it (for example, the exterior wall) and drag it back to it’s original place, it should be gone. Or if you place a new room inside the room and remove the room. Worth a shot to try next time. It is a very annoying bug. I love the second bedroom. It’s a very difficult layout to work with, but you managed to make it work really well. Good job!

☆pammiechick☆
    Great victorian build! And I love what you did with the lighting on the porch. Very spooky. Great use of spandrals too. the view from the back porch is stunning!
    The layout is very interesting. Very clever how you managed to get a bit odd shaped rooms into the layout without it affecting the rooms next to it.
    A small tip is to turn off the grid when taking pictures (this time only the layout one though). You can do this either by going into live mode, of by hitting ‘g’ in build mode to toggle the grid off.
    My favourite feature would be the fountain inside the house though. That was such a surprise, but it works. Great job

☆Lavender☆
    Great build. Very good job on how you roofed the turret. Without a hexagonal or round roof that is very difficult to make work. Good use of the round fencing as well.
    Though, compared how round the front of the house is, the squarer is the back of it. My suggestion would be to use a chosen style for both sides. Your interior looks great. The layout works great and the wall paper and flooring fit the theme, as well as the furniture. But what I like most is the front yard in general. The view of the house combined with the landscaping truly looks victorian. Great job!

And the winners are....

Honorable Mention -
    Lavender

AND

1st Place -
    pammiechick!!

The winner of the Room challenge is:
    Simhead70!
    What an impressive looking dinning room! It looks so formal. I like it!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congratulation to the #4 Starter winners. Well done.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you! :D What a shock! And thank you for the grid tip. Had no idea how to do that. I'll have to go back for my other entries and redo that. Happy Thanksgiving!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Thanks Lebanna for the kind comments, I really enjoyed building it. I am really excited for #6, I hope the photo's came out better this time. I did forget to disable the grid in the fist couple of photos, but the rest should be fine. Should I reload the photos without the grid or should I leave as it is?
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    @Issabella14 you may always change your photo's BEFORE the challenge is closed, :) So that is no problem if you want to change it for challenge 6. Challenge 5 is already closed. Though the presentation (not photoshop, just the way you take pictures, grid etc) is just a small portion we judge on. The Layout, exterior, interior and landscaping are bigger parts total :) So don't worry too much about it. You can just keep it in mind of this and coming challenges :D

• benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    @FaithofKaela Thank you for the feedback.
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for the feedback and thank you for the honorable mention! I've learned so much about building and decorating from y'all, and have so much more to learn, I know! Thank you!
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Thank you for the feed back on #4, I am always excited to read everyone's feed back. Yeah! Room challenge. :wink: Congrats to everyone.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #5 - The Olsen's Part II

☆opod67☆
    Great job on both Vivian’s as Leroy and Charlotte’s home! I’m loving the roofing on Vivian’s home. The green house really is set apart from it. The layout has an interesting shape. I think it was a wise choice to keep the bedroom downstairs, for if she ever got less mobile. The greenhouse is very well done as well. The lowered floor was a great choice. Also love that the ceiling follows the roofline.
    Leroy and Charlotte’s home has a very workable layout for Charlotte. Too bad about the stairs going up to the front door, but I know that is a must since foundations now work on everything on the lot (still don’t like that in The sims 4 haha). The colours of woods work really well together. The sewing room turned out great! With all the details that hint towards clothing can make it really look like it’s a sewing room, without even a sewing machine. Great job. What I could think of as a suggestion is that I miss a common seating in Leroy’s and Charlottes home. Where they can receive visitors or just sit together, the reading nook is an option, but a bit crowded for visitors. I love the kitchen island in their house though! The layout of the overall lot looks really great, it works well, and the landscaping you have done ties the houses together. Great job!

☆pammiechick☆
    Lovely builds, the lot layout works well, everyone has their own space, yet you connect the gardens with the landscaping. Well done. Leroy’s and Charlottes home looks very warm and welcoming. The rooms are laid out very spacious. The enormous closet is a nice touch. Vivian’s home is indeed very eclectic. You did well on combining various styles together without it clashing too much. The greenhouse looks great and very green, I think she can grow a few veggies in there ;) I love the dining room set you have used. a tip I can give you is to turn off the grid when taking the pictures. You can do that in build mode by hitting the ‘g’ button. Or ofcourse by going into live mode. My favourite feature would be the carport, good use of the enlarging cheat, and a nice touch to the house. Good work!

☆Don_Oello☆
    The builds really fit together. Lovely plants by the windows give them a more green feeling. The columns and the spandrels are a great touch. Leroy sure has gotten a big screen tv! Great use of the enlargement cheat. Their bedroom looks great. I love the colours you have used in Vivian’s home. The muted pastel colours fit the coastal theme. Integrating the greenhouse to the house is an awesome idea. Looking right in from the living room makes it feel like a part of the house. You have listened to one of our suggestions and I think it worked out great. The rooms all have their own identities, but the style is cohesive throughout, very well done! As a suggestion this time I would say, don’t forget layout pictures, a picture that shows the floorplan of the build. That way I can see how the rooms connect and see better what room is what.
    My favourite house is vivians house, it appeals to me, and I love the greenhouse!

☆simhead70☆
    Gorgeous layout with the houses. The houses themselves are great too. They don’t take away from the main house, yet they each have their own character. Vivian’s house is very breezie, the open plan works for the layout as well as the colours for a coastal feel. There isn’t too much extra luxury, but she has all she needs and it looks great. Love the dresser in Vivian’s bedroom. The greenhouse looks very colonial, a mini colonial home almost. The stairs leading up to them look great. Leroy’s and Charlotte’s home feels very warm and cosy. The warm woodcolours give a true craftsman cabin feeling. The kitchen is very spacious. I think Charlotte will enjoy the spacious layout for her walker. A tip I can give you is to watch out for the ‘fish eye’ effect in your pictures. Especially in the interior pictures. It happens when you zoom out just a little bit too far. this give a bit of a distorted view. My favourite part of your build is the landscaping. The amazing driveway you had is extended very well to the back and oh my that pool area fits there perfectly! And I love the splashed of gardening here and there, without losing the colonial style garden. Great job. If you feel like it, I think you are ready to move on to established, if you want.

☆Lavender☆
    Pretty house builds. The style of the added houses match your original build. Well done. Leroy and Charlotte’s house is very warm and cozy, exactly what I think when I think of a craftsman cabin. Charlottes sewing room is very clever. The way you placed the bust makes it really clear what you mean by it. Great find. And Leroy’s tv room/man cave looks great too, seems like a fine place to relax and watch a game or two. Vivians home has a very interesting layout. The way you have used the spandrels to create your own arches is very clever. A suggestion would be for the landscaping. It feels a bit too separated from each other. It doesn’t feel as 1 whole. Maybe connect some of the bushes together from the separate gardens, or the pool in the middle (great idea btw) have a few pathways from the other houses leading to it. My favourite part would be the greenhouse, The cabinets you used there are perfect and the tall cabinets are a great touch. As well as all the clutter on the shelves and everywhere else. Connecting it to the house was a great idea.

And the winners are....

Honorable Mention -
    opod67

AND

1st Place -
    pammiechick!!

• opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks for the feedback!
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
    edited December 2014
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #6 - NET WORTH

Sorry for the delay, but here are the results for the above challenge.

opod67
    This place certainly looks to fit into the neighbourhood, it’s as if it’s always been there. The roof line is funky and certainly adds interest to the build. The landscaping fits well with the theme and the addition of that car port is a nice bonus. The layout works well and I can see it translating well into play. Your interiors are clean and modern and you have made some really great object choices and have a good eye for placement. Your secret area is wonderful, I love the use of CC to help enhance this aspect of your build.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if some terrain paint would have helped soften those flower beds a little. A couple of pops of colour here and there would have really helped make this place perfect. The computer lab is a little small, as this is where Mara would have been working with her colleagues, a couple more work stations might have been useful.

benlow11
    This is a lovely old warehouse style build, it certainly doesn't look ostentatious, however it does feel very elegant. The roof although simple fits the style of the build, and the friezes really help to add interest. Your layout works well over all and I think your decision to keep the different areas of the build on separate floors was the right one. Your object choices work well, as does your object placement. The palette is lovely, enough colour without feeling overpowering.

Suggestions:
    A little more structure to your landscaping would have helped the build look more warehouse/commercial, some formal flower beds or a paved seating area maybe? I wonder how the build will translate into play, and the rooms feel very long and think, maybe adding some ‘nooks’ or more architectural features in some of the rooms would have helped add more interest to the interior.

Trashdocka
    This place certainly says industrial from both the exterior and the interior. It fits well into the area in which you have built it as well. the landscaping blends perfectly with the style and those fir trees certainly provide a lot of privacy. The layout works well and I can see it translating well into play. Your room sizes are great, as are your object choices and placement. The palette works well throughout the build and those little pops of colour really help to add interest to that minimalist industrial feel. I just adore that computer lab, including the microscope was a bold choice!

Suggestions: Some terrain paints under those trees would have made the landscaping feel more finished.

The Winner Is: Trashdocka

The winner of the Sim challenge is: benlow11
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #6 - NET WORTH

masajo
    The exterior of this place really does look like an old warehouse, especially with those tower areas, they were a great addition. The landscaping is really well executed, your choice of plants really reflects well with the style of the build. You have made great use of terrain paints and I love that little outdoor eating area. Your interiors are wonderful, the palette you have chosen works well and I am impressed with your choice of wall coverings, they work really well.

Suggestions: The layout feels a little peculiar to me, the bathroom and the bedrooms on the ground floor feel very far apart, it makes me wonder how this place would translate into play. I think the house would have benefitted from more storage area’s as this was a main part of the brief.

Sim Challenge: Mara and the boys look fantastic! The traits you chose really fit the brief and they certainly look to be enjoying their new digs.

Room Challenge: The computer lab looks amazing! Lots of space for the team to work out in and the clutter is really well thought out.

Kulthero777
    What a fantastic back story and the build itself is suited to it perfectly. It’s modern warehouse style fits the brief perfectly. The roofline helps add interest to the exterior and are well executed. The landscaping suits the style of the build and even though it is simple it looks perfect. Your layout of the interior is well thought out, I can see it translating really well into play. You have made some fantastic object choices and your placement is spot on and the palette has just enough colour to help add interest to that modern industrial theme.

Suggestions: Some of your pictures feel a little dark in places, but that may just be me being a little picky ;)

Room Challenge:
    Oh my word what a gorgeous space. Your palette is restful, yet I feel it would be very conducive to work, the layout works incredibly well and you have made some really excellent object choices.

Carewren123

This place certainly fits in well with it’s environment, the structure feels very well designed and the addition of the mirrors on the exterior is a novel idea. The landscaping you have chosen really helps it feel like the building has always been there. Those massive garage doors to the loading docks are wonderful. Your layout works well and I actually really like the fact that the windows are all low down to help with that illusion of the whole place being a commercial building. Your palette is well thought out and those little pops of colour really help to add interest to the interior. Those baseball bats made me chuckle ;)

Suggestions: The living area and that kitchen island makes the area feel a little cluttered, maybe a little more space, or slightly smaller furniture would have helped it feel little more open.

Rostri-Jodu
    The architecture of the build sure screams industrial! Those raised loading docks are an awesome addition. The spartan landscaping works well and really helps the build blend with it’s surroundings. The layout works well in general and those secret passageways are a great addition. The palette you have chosen really does say industrial chic, those pops of colour help the place feel more homely.

Suggestions: The exterior feels a little bland to me, I wonder if some more landscaping or some different wall treatments scattered here or there would have helped add interest. I think had you kept the bedroom areas together in one space, it would have helped the layout and increase playability.

Sim Challenge: It was great to see Mara and her team, even if they were not getting along as well as
    they could… You made some really great trait choices.

The winner of the main challenge is: @Kulthero777
    With an honourable mention to: @Carewren123

The winner of the Sim Challenge is: @masajo

The winner of the Room Challenge is: @Kulthero777
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Congrats on all the results so far.

And thank you @Lebanna for all the feedback.

Established here I come. :)
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many thanks @FaithofKaela for your time and feedback, very much appreciated :D
    Many congratulations @Kulthero777 this is an awesome build :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #5 THE OLSEN'S PART II

Kulthero777
    Wow the houses work so well together, but each have their own sense of self, which is great. Your roof lines really help with their individuality, and your choice of exterior wall treatments helps them blend together. The layouts work well and I can see them translating well into play, I think your use of space is fantastic, especially keeping those landings open as their own spaces.You have a great eye for object placement and choice and the palettes work well together. The clutter you have used helps to make the homes feel lived in but not chaotic.

Suggestions: I think the houses lack a little wall art, some of the walls feel a little bare, just huge expanses of colour, especially in Charlotte and Leroy’s master bedroom.

Carewren123
    The other homes you have built certainly fit the colonial theme and your landscaping is well thought out and looks lovely, you have made great use of the terrain painting tools. Your layouts work well and you have given great thought about how Charlotte will be able to get around her new home. Your interiors are great, your have really thought about your palette, made some really great object choices and your placement works well.

Suggestions: The three homes feel a little higgledy-piggledy, especially as there is no exterior theme between them with the completely different wall treatments and roof lines. Some of the interiors feel a little dark, especially in Charlotte and Leroy’s kitchen, all that dark wood feels a little oppresive to me. Maybe, had you used a lighter colour/texture on that back wall with all those cupboards it would have felt a little less claustrophobic. You have made great use of clutter without going overboard which is sometimes a fine line to tread. And I just adore Vivien’s little greenhouse, such a cute addition.

masajo
    Well you have certainly got the Colonial style down my dear! The two additions look perfect nestled alongside Don and Judy’s home. Your landscaping is very well done, it fits perfectly with the style of the builds and you have made really great use of the terrain pointing tools. Your layouts work well and I can tell that you have really thought about how to make Charlotte’s life easier. The palette’s you have chosen fit the briefs well and your object choices and placement work incredibly well. I d o love how you have popped in some old country charm in the homes as well, a really thoughtful touch.

Suggestions: Charlotte and Leroy’s bedroom feels a little gloomy to me, maybe a slightly lighter carpet would have helped lift it a little? Although I spied one bookcase in Vivien’s lounge, there wasn’t really a lot of storage space for her books…?

Sim Challenge: The traits you have chosen work really well for Charlotte, Leroy and Vivien and I love how you have shown each of them in their favourite areas of their new homes.

DieterPrivate
    Wow, the Dutch Colonial theme continues and with such panache! The new buildings slot into place perfectly and look like they were meant to be there from the very beginning. Your roof lines amaze me, I cannot imagine the work that must have gone into them. The landscaping on this lot feels so natural, but still has that colonial style, and you have made some excellent plant choices and wonderful use of the terrain painting tools. Your layouts feel natural and I can tell that you really gave a lot of thought to how Charlotte would be able to navigate her new home. The interiors are lovely, I just love Vivien’s mismatched chairs in that lovely dinnig room, and although you have used some of the less expensive furnishings it all fits so well together.

Suggestions: Seriously, I struggled to come up with a single suggestion as to how you could have improved this build, I guess my one little bug bear is that greenhouse, it looks a little ‘plonked’ to me, almost an afterthought, I wonder if you had used a more central entry way if it would have looked a little more like it belonged.

Sim Challenge: Charlotte, Vivien and Leroy all look fantastic! You have chosen some incredibly interesting traits and I do like their aspirations.

The Winner of this challenge is @DieterPrivate

The Winner of the Sim challenge is also @DieterPrivate‌
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #7 - THE GAME'S AFOOT

masajo

This place is just gorgeous!! The roofline is so different, but so well executed and the landscaping fits perfectly with the style of the build. I love how you have used the different wall textures to add to the uniqueness of this home. That outdoor dining area looks lovely I can just imagine Jesus entertaining guests out here. You have obviously put a lot of thought into the layout of this build, the open plan ground floor is well thought out and the palette works incredibly well. You have a great eye for detail and object placement.

Suggestions: Some of the wall art feels very traditional to me, in a home that feels more modern, it seems almost out of place. I wonder if the use of more modern paintings would have helped them feel more part of the home. The layout upstairs feel a little odd to me, had you had the doors to the bedrooms both accessible from the landing, it may have felt more natural, and maybe a door from the gym to the master bathroom, as they are next door to one another.

Which makes @Masajo the expert winner of challenge #7, please don't let being the only contestant put a dampner on that though, this was a truly fantastic build!!
    edited December 2014
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #7 - THE GAME'S AFOOT

opod67
    Wow, what a spectacular looking home! The architecture really helps this place stand out, that roofline really is something special. Your exterior looks great, I like that you added some stone work to some of the corners to help relieve that bright white wall covering. Your front garden area looks great. The addition of that carport is a great idea! Your open plan layout works incredibly well and your palette helps the whole place blend. The use of that industrial brick in the kitchen area really adds interest. You have made some excellent object choices and your placement works well. I am especially fond of the fact that Jesus is able to look out onto the rest of the house from his bedroom, he will be able to keep watch round the clock!

Suggestions: I think some terrain paints scattered around here and there with your landscaping would have helped boost this place’s curb appeal, especially in the back garden, it feels very flat and uninspiring out there. Don’t forget about that ‘alt’ key, you can put things at just a slight angle to help relieve some of those very straight lines.

Trashdocka
    So cute!! This place looks so tiny from the exterior and I love how you have added interest with the different stone patterns. The roof line works really well. Your landscaping looks great, you have made some great choices when it comes to the plants you have chosen and you have also made great use of the terrain painting tool. Those porches are a very nice little touch. Your interiors certainly feel eclectic, but without being overpoweringly, a very fine line that you have trodden well.

Suggestions: Think carefully about your room sizing, some spaces feel almost too large for the furniture you have in there, others feel very small and cramped. Be wary of zooming out too far in your pictures, that fish bowl look tends to distort things out of all context. Although I like your palette, the build feels a little too feminine for Mr Wu, especially in that master bedroom with those pink lights, I wonder had you chosen a less marbled tile in certain areas if this would help it feel more masculine. The gym is a great addition, but it feels like a bit of an afterthought, with no clutter of any kind.

Datkid
    Wow, such interesting architecture, from that side view that lovely little rounded tower looks amazing! The exterior treatments you have chosen really help to make this home feel just that little bit unique. The open plan ground floor layout works really well and you have done a great job to distinguish between the different areas with your palette. I also like the first floor layout, simple, yet well thought out. The addition of the pool is a great idea, I can see Mr Wu entertaining his lady friends out here!

Suggestions: I think you could have made more of the exterior with some more landscaping, the rocks look OK, but i think a little colour out here would have really helped this build’s curb appeal. Really think about your room sizing, although it may just be that a couple of the pictures have that ‘fish bowl’ effect going on , which makes them seem to big for the furniture that you have placed in them.

simhead70
    What an interesting design for a home, it certainly provides Jesus with all round views to ensure that his home is secure. Your landscaping is well done and you have made some excellent plant choices and also great use of the terrain painting tool. Your open plan lay out works well, I do like that faux wall with the TV on it to help separate the spaces. You have some really interesting room shapes as well, that help this home feel just that little bit special! I just adore your lighting displays, a really cool way of adding interest.

Suggestions: Be a little more careful with your pictures, the fish bowl effect can really warp the dimensions of your rooms, try not to zoom out too much. And remember that having the bedrooms completely open to the living areas, each time the TV is turned on, it will wake a sleeping sim.

Sim Challenge: Mr Wu looks fab, so sophisticated! And great job with the traits choices, I can totally see him living those.

The Established Winner of #7 The Game's Afoot is @simhead70‌

The winner of the sim challenge is @simhead70‌

edited December 2014
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #7 - THE GAME'S AFOOT

Issabella14
    This is such a cool little build! The architecture looks fab and the exterior wall treatments you have chosen work incredibly well. Your landscaping looks awesome, you have made great use of the terrain painting tools and you have made some great choices with the plants. Your interior layout works really well and I love that sunken pool in there, what a great addition. Your palette works well throughout the home and really helps this build feel very well put together.I think it was a great idea to have the bedroom overlooking the rest of the house as well.

Suggestions: think carefully before creating a ‘valley’ in the centre of the roof, although it may look good, it wouldn’t really work ‘In Real Life’. Be very careful when placing things close to walls, I can see one of your plants sticking out of the side of the house ;)

Sim Challenge: Mr Wu looks fab and he is totally enjoying his new pad! How many lovely ladies is he entertaining?? It would have been nice to learn a bit more about him though, such as which traits you chose for him.

pammiechick
    Such a modern piece of architecture, your choices of wall treatments really help to sell that modern look. The open plan living area works really well and the layout does flow through the home. Your palette is great, it helps the build feel very cohesive and wow, that lovely wooden panelling in the master bedroom! You have made some great object choices that really help build that ‘eclectic’ style, but without overpowering the modernness of the build, really well done for that.

Suggestions: Your landscaping feels a little bland, I think it needed more greenery/flowers around the place to help lift the facade of the house, also, don’t forget about the terrain painting tools. Really think about what you are going to be placing in your rooms and size them appropriately, there seems to be lots of empty space around the place.

Sim Challenge: Your portrayal of Jesus is wonderful, I loved seeing him investigate and solve the crime. And great job on those traits, I thinks he’s a bit of a softie at heart….

iampes23
    This place looks awesome! The architecture is simple yet elegant and the wall treatments you have chosen help to set the tone. You have made some good use of the terrain painting tools in the landscaping and also some good choices that reflect the style of the build when it comes to the plants. Your layout works well and it has a definite sense of flow to it. It is unusual to have the main living space on the top floor, but you have done so in such a unique way that it works really well. Your eclectic choice of objects helps to stop this place feeling too modern and more fitting to the brief, you have a good eye for object placement. the balconies are a great addition.

Suggestions: Your landscaping looks very ‘strict’ for such a modern build, don’t forget in Sims 3 camera man mode, holding down the ‘alt’ button allows you to rotate things by small degrees.

Sim Challenge: Jesus looks amazing, and the back story you have created is awesome! I am loving the traits you chose for him and think they suit him well.

The winner of the starting out #7 challenge is....

@iampes23‌

I know you are only just 'starting out' in TS4, but I think you would do well in the Established category hon ;)

The winner of the Sim Challenge is @pammiechick
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #6 - NET WORTH

Issabella14
    Great job on creating a warehouse kind of look and making it work so well. The layout downstairs is very spacious. The wall textures fit it perfectly. It give the rooms an extra ambiance. The furniture you chose is more modern, but it helps making the room feel less cluttered and messy. Good choice in my opinion. The storage room is very clever. Great use of the enlargement cheat and making the crates all different sizes. It makes it look as if they are actually different crates.
    A suggestion would be to try and use 1 or 2 brick patterns, if you use too many, it will create a more separated look, where things don't belong to each other, if you get what I mean? I love the upstairs and that they can look out over the first floor. as well as from the computer room, that is a great touch! And the walk way across too.

pammiechick
    Excellent job of creating a warehouse like house! The exterior walls look a bit bland, but have you ever seen a warehouse that looks like an architectural highlight? (ok, maybe a few.. but most don’t) the landscaping isn’t much, but a warehouse doesn’t normally have a garden, the landscaping that is there fits your theme of abandoned landscaping . Layout is spacious. And the interior feels warm, especially the living area. the red goes well with the black. :)
    A suggestion would be is to turn of the grid when taking pictures. And maybe used a different direction for the driveway, as it now goes out to the back, where there is just grass.
    My favourite place would be the office though, love the colours and that CC on the wall is gorgeous. Great job.
    Sim challenge: Mara looks gorgeous. great job!

Lavender
    Nice build. Simple straight lines. good use of the fencetool to create some lines on the roof. I like the detail of an fire escape at the back, nice one. Landscaping is modest, but what warehouse has a full backyard right? So in this case it is the right way to go. nice job on not leaving it too bare, but still make it seem ‘effortless’. the interior matches the warehouse feel as well. A spacious layout with the main facilities upstairs. I love the ‘zen’ room on the third floor. The combination of rugs to create your own pattern is very clever. The main living/kitchen on the third floor is my favourite. I love the combination of black and red. It just appeals to me. A suggestion would be for the bar in the red common room. All the countertops in the kitchen are black, where the bar is suddenly white. It might be because there is not red/black version of the bar, but it might have been better in that case to pick a different colour all together for the bar, so it looks like it stands out on purpose instead of by accident. The plant inside the counter in the computer lab is a very nice touch, you are going to love Move objects on if you haven’t already :) Great job Lavender

simhead70
    Very interesting shape for the build. the entrance looks great and you did a great job on the slanted walk path, I can never get that right. The enlarged statue fits the exterior wall perfectly, great job. Love the plane on the roof! The interior on the ground floor is very industrial looking, and fits the theme. Good job. The colours go well with the wood and steel. The bedrooms and the bathrooms each have their own style, though I would have liked to see the bedrooms and bathrooms that go together, that they would be a bit more tuned to each other in style/colour wise. Overall you did a great job and I saw some MOO tricks here and there already! Did you use the mod for that? My favourite place would still be the first floor. I love the orange and the wood/steel combination. It’s so warm, yet so industrial. Great job!
    Sim challenge: Lovely to see the 3 at work and enjoying the new house!

The winner of the starting out #7 challenge is....

@Lavender

The winner of the Sim Challenge is @simhead70

Congrats @Lavender and @simhead70 :) .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top