Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @hirondelle09 - How is NoGenealogicide working for your games?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hi, all! I updated my blog today! Check out my new post, A Boy and his Father 5.4
    Ahhh...that fat teen glitch happened when I aged my Sim up! I was so distraught. She had level 9 motor skill, mostly from swimming and using the monkey bars. Then I went into CAS and she was the size of bean!
    Did she get back to her regular size within a few moments of game play?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea-It appears that she went back. I also think part of it was the fact that she looks narrow from the front, but she had some junk in her trunk that I may have confused with being overweight. You can see her ribs in CAS, but from the side...woah. She's gorgeous, though.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Well, the amount of time I spend "paused" just increased exponentially, and I have to fight the urge to make every shot so tightly framed it gives you claustrophobia just looking at it,
    Welcome to the tab mode! :agree:, It really is forcing us to make a perfect picture for our story, I mean everytime, I'm like :frowning: "Let take a different angle" or "Let me unpause and pause again hoping the eye is fully open" and more other bizarre things I've done with it!
    Ba haha ha! I was thinking the same thing. enkeli63 started a nice little support group in here. (too bad she has a demanding RL job or she'd be able to be here more!) I go over onto the General Discussions forum every once in a while, but I usually ended up dismayed over, and embarrassed for, and angry about all the vitriolic, petulant mewling and ill-considered nastiness, the pettiness and smug short-sightedness, the intellectual torpor ... See? I'm getting ticked off now and I'm just thinking about it!
    Omg I know right hahah. I tend to stay away from the general discussion thread because of the drama :/
    Well, I had to be on that side for some point (to post link, image, and stuff) :confounded: and I have to follow "their" rules for the likes. Well that was a dark past :disappointed_relieved:, I'm glad it's over, I'm never going back anymore :fearful:
    AkramA wrote: »
    Well, I have a general question, do you use game mods for your story? and if you do what mod is it?

For me I use:
    Autonomus Repair
    No Autonomous mourning
    Emotional overcharge
    and No Censor/smaller censor,
    Just a no censor mod. It's not a prurient thing (OK, maybe a little. lol!); I just find that big block of blur aesthetically distasteful and kinda insulting somehow.
    Show some respect to the no censor mod, I only used it several time only for some capturing some kind of stuff, like crying in shower (the animation is good, but it's blocked by blur so, yeah.

for mods I use:
    -Build and Buy mode unlocker (Unlocks carreer/event rewards. I love having more options when in build mode)
    -Buyable Mailboxes
    -No Highlight (the white highlight always gets in the way of my pictures)
    -Teen careers for all
    -Shrimrod Improved Lighting
    -Inteen (So I can have Teen+YA romances)
    -NoGenealogicide (It supposedly fixes the bug where the game 'purges' and deletes townies/ghosts)

I used some of those mods in my non legacy play. I might have been overthinking which mod is good for my legacy that is not against the rule. But some of that mod seem to be legacy legal.
    @AkramA said:
    I play with a lot of mods because I find that they make the gaming experience so much richer. I took out some of the way more "cheaty" mods for my current legacies (no school goals, no relationships needed for work, and 1-day pregnancies) but other than that I have:
    - Work/Study Hard is 2.5x more effective ('work/study hard' does basically nothing without the mod which I find pointless)
    - Coffee gives more energy (it wasn't worth the wait for the sim to brew and drink it for the effects it had originally)
    - Simocide (so I can kill Sims on demand haha. Haven't used it yet)
    - Slower time (so it doesn't take 1 hour for the sim to pee hahah)
    - Improved Death Reactions
    - Traumatic Divorce for Children (can't wait to test this one, hehehe)
    - Teen Careers for all
    - Sleep All night (I think this is one of my favorite Mods so far)
    - Ages Until 70 (modifies Sim aging)
    - inteen (for teen & adult romance, also allows teenage pregnancy although I haven't given it a shot yet).

Other than that I have less cheaty mods such as clutter anywhere, move objects on, change outfit on inactive sims, fewer elders, less musical chairs, no fade, fewer stalkbys, superspeed, fogity menu enabler (so I can see Sim menu when they're a work/school)...I think that's it lol
    I really love using mods, we're lucky there're many good modders out there.

@Deewraynged and @hirondelle09: You seem to use the inteen, I'm too affraid using that, I know it happened in real life but having adult teen relationship and teen pregnancy is just too real for me, hehe.
    I don't use any mods when I play. I'm always afraid they'll crash my game.

I used to say that until I installed one mod and it worked perfectly, and, my mods folder are filled with so much mods.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • DeeWrayngedDeeWraynged Posts: 102 Member
    @AkramA Hear hear! Already so many great mods out for the Sims4 and modders are only getting started! One thing I did love about the Sims 3 were all those amazing mods that were available. I can't wait until the Sims 4 catches up x)

Hehe I indulge in dark fantasies in the Sims 4. I'm all about the angst and tabboos in games ... I mean I would never relish over killing someone in real life, but I can't wait to test out the simocide mod.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @AkramA Hear hear! Already so many great mods out for the Sims4 and modders are only getting started! One thing I did love about the Sims 3 were all those amazing mods that were available. I can't wait until the Sims 4 catches up x)

Hehe I indulge in dark fantasies in the Sims 4. I'm all about the angst and tabboos in games ... I mean I would never relish over killing someone in real life, but I can't wait to test out the simocide mod.
    I'm sure they're gonna catch up. I mean it's really a lot of mod now

for the dark mods, maybe some other time, I'm just amazed how people actually made that mod.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    @enkeli63
    Thanks for adding my link, it all works fine :smiley:
    Sorry for the late reply, I had the most craziest week.
    Right must put a new chapter up on my blog, not writing for so long makes me twitchy, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    I'm enjoying everyone's stories :)

I also thought I would swing by and mention that I have a special update up on my story today as my current couple were finally able to adopt :)

Happy simming everyone.
    @celiria Yay!!! So cute! I'm so excited for them :)
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: A Challenged Legacy Challenge – Chapter Six: Long Way Home
    Dimenche finally has a chance to start his legacy, so why can't he bring himself to Go Home?
    150lddvi.png
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    The Bitter W
    On tour at The Solar Flare lounge.
    Performed my latest album for the elders of Oasis Springs.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
    @Bilmonaghan - I was hoping you'd post a chapter soon! So quoting the Duke of Wellington... not very French, that. (Beautiful quote, though. And how touching that Annette can't bear to sacrifice her pawns! I like the dramatic tension that's building!

@robinsonfam - Fun to see the celebs at LeSean's concert!

CathyTea wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd post a chapter soon
    Aw, thanks. I got to play a couple nights in a row and racked up art for another couple a chapters. Some heavy RL stuff may be brewing, but I hope to be able to spend more time on them this week.

Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
    @Bilmonaghan - Hmmm.... deal with heavy stuff IRL vs. deal with heavy stuff Sim.... tough choice! (Actually, for me, as I deal with the heavy stuff Sim, it gives me insight, understanding, motivation, courage, perseverance, strategy, and compassion to deal with heavy stuff IRL! So may you be in good stead for all that comes your way! Best wishes!)

...insight, understanding, motivation, courage, perseverance, strategy, and compassion to deal ...
    Thanks. I know exactly what you mean. My sister's husband's file is corrupted. Could take a while. I probably should leave tonight but I'm thinking to put off the drive half-way across the state 'til tomorrow morning. I'm pushing Elder myself, my night vision on the road plums, and my insured vehicle is rear-wheel drive and it's all snowy out.

ldd083banner.png
    @Bilmonaghan - Hope there's a patch for that!

Poop. Sounds like it's gonna be tonight. I gotta get on the road (My night vision isn't that bad; I'm just kinda risk-averse). :)
    ldd083banner.png
    @Bilmonaghan - Be safe! All the best wishes for happy resolutions.

@bilmonaghan I know what you mean about the game and the RL things. Sometimes, like @CathyTea said, I just play my game and it helps me work through my RL things. Sometimes, I just play as an escape. Like...I can't control what's happening around me, but I can control these Sims. But I haven't played in a few days because RL things are apparently more important...bleh. And also? Be safe driving.
  • hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    @hirondelle09 - How is NoGenealogicide working for your games?

I think it's working! Haven't noticed any missing townies yet, so hopefully it's all good!

disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261
  • hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    Taking a break from building, phew, it's been driving me mad but at least it's turning out pretty good. Can't wait for the move objects on cheat! Anyway, on the topic of heavy stuff in sims, what do you guys think about stories with really sad/sensitive/heavy content? I do have short story ideas but they're on really depressing topics and I'm not sure if people would want to read something like that..
    disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261
  • DeeWrayngedDeeWraynged Posts: 102 Member
    Anyway, on the topic of heavy stuff in sims, what do you guys think about stories with really sad/sensitive/heavy content? I do have short story ideas but they're on really depressing topics and I'm not sure if people would want to read something like that..
    I can only speak for myself, but I would definitely read it.
    But then again I'm a big fan of anything angsty and emotionally challenging hahaha (*spoiler*as everyone reading my current legacy will soon discover lol*spoiler*)