Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Seriously Just Don't Get "Five Nights At Freddy's"

DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
Is this really supposed to be scary? I've been watching gameplay vids of the first and second one and the only thing that's remotely creepy is the animatronic designs, but the jump-scares just seem lazy and overplayed. Especially in 2 where all they do is zoom right up in your face and scream. Plus I hate how most of these horror games nowadays are insta-kills. Its like a "boo!" and you're dead. Just feels really cheap to me. What do you guys think?

Comments

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    It's one of those games where you have to play it rather than watch. Most of the time you're busy keeping check on all of them and when they start to get closer is when you start to panic
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    Thing is, the lore behind it seems scarier than the actual game. The bite of 87, the origin of the animatronics. I don't sense that in the actual game.
    Yeah if you're used to horror genre it isn't much of a big deal.
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    I wouldn't say im used to the genre, but I know most of the tropes used in it and jumpscares are my least favorite, next to excessive amounts of blood and gore.
    edited November 2014
    resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-well-aren-t-you-just-a-little-ray-of-sunshine-f15b01.jpg

I give up whatever my gif posting abilities are sucking
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸/images/creepy-willy-wonka/well-arent-you-just-a-little-internet-gangsta.jpg[/img]

The pic isn't showing up
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Never seen it nor do I intend to play it. Seems mediocre to me. My gaming capabilities is better than that and I'm a horror game fan.
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I don't get the appeal, either. I guess I don't find giant, moving, stuff animal robots to be scary. *Shrugs* And yes, I've watched some gameplay videos, or else I won't be posting in this thread.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    It doesn't look scary to me either. I've watched some gameplay videos but it's always so boring. Just someone opening the doors and screaming every single time they see that the monster that was there two seconds ago and does nothing but stand there and stare at you is, gasp, still there! :o
    44444.gif