Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    LunBeauty wrote: »
    AiHaou Congratulations on Rylie earning a perfect GPA. :) I guess the professor didn't really care enough to come to class, lol.

@ddsims3world That house looks amazing. just like all of your other builds! Lol, Grim is such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

@TadOlson Great update!

@Celiria Very nice update! :) Yeah, sims can be jerks sometimes. At least Ashley was able to perform her routine and even visit with her aunt and they even met someone nice. :)

@Colorist40 Ew, ear infections are never good. I hope you feel better soon and that it doesn't get so bad that you have to go to the doctor. That's always been a last resort for me.

@dreamerz13 Lol, Juliet is too cute. :)

@TadOlson Great update!

@Celiria Wow, to have the Reaper show up at your performance. Either that's a bad omen, or a great honor, lol. I still think he looks pretty cool, almost like something off of Assassin's Creed, lol. Nice update!

AiHaou I think they should move to Riverview. It's beautiful and has a lot of room for new venues. :)

Thanks. I would let my ear fall off before going to the doctor. Hubby goes to get his regular prescription once a year and for taking his blood pressure, listening to his heart and typing out a prescription it costs 300.00. Can you imagine if they had to treat an ear infection how much I would be paying ha ha ha.?

dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Now I'm just being distracted by the off topic section, haha. I meant to pop back in yesterday. Oh well.

@AiHaou- Be glad you've never seen snow. LOL. It looks pretty when it's fresh and undisturbed, but that doesn't last long, and then it just sucks. I like being around when people witness their first snow though, because they get so excited, and then they realize the awful truth. LOL. Na, snow can be fun and it does look really pretty but honestly it's still more annoying than fun imo, you're not missing anything special.

LOL, what a great professor not showing up for class. Well, at least she got to sleep without getting in trouble.

Well, sounds like Camilla got excited for moving, I'll be interested to see where they pick.

@ddsims3world- Nice house. :D. LOL at the picture of grimmy.

@TadOlson- Thanks.

Nice updates. That little baby cot is too cute, where'd you get it from?

@LunBeauty- Thanks

@Celiria- Yeah, that sim with her violin is a jerk indeed. Hopefully Ashley was able to get in a few jokes about her awful violin skills or something at least because of it. And she still earned some nice money so it seems it didn't do too much damage, but it is rude either way.

Aww that dip kiss is lovely, nice way to say goodbye. Interactions like that make me want to try ts4 someday (eventually... when it's cheap and I'm not poor, lol). LOL, the grim reaper listening to Ashley's routine. Fair point, I'd see why he'd want to lighten the mood too, it still seems funny though.

@Zabeth0- Thanks. Pssshh bugging me, not nice. LOL. Well her siblings were only teens ( and maybe children) so they just moved with her parents. I can answer that easily at least, lol.

LOL, I wondered if that was her intention too, to make them think she just really needed that job. Maybe it did work and they took pity on her. LOL.

@Colorist40-I hope you feel better soon and avoid that nasty ear infection. Those are not fun.

@IreneSwift- Thanks.

Normally I do just use word when I'm posting anything lengthy to the forums, but I have like 13 or something documents open there right now because of my novel, so I just didn't want to add another one and then have to keep looking for the right document in that mess, which for something where I'd be going back and forth so much (because I was also talking to a friend online so I was constantly interrupted) it just seemed like it would drive me insane. Oh well. I have since discovered word online though, so I can now do comments via word but still have it separate and easy to find.

Idk, I had a manager that would probably hire people like that. LOL. But yeah, not typically so good in real life, I love how sims can do it though and nobody cares.

@venusdemilosims- Thanks. Oh yeah, TS2 sims used to be good for that, or annoying sometimes, lol. Sometimes I just wanted them to calm down.

@puddinroy- thanks.

Thanks I didn't avoid it, but it is better.
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Juliet was exhausted after her first day of work, so after a quick bite to eat, she went to sleep. She slept very deeply and as she slept a man crept into her home and stole her shower. It was quite the surprise to her when she woke up and went to have a shower. Who would steal a shower and how did they manage to do so?
    Screenshot-4616.jpg

Frustrated, as she couldn't afford to buy a new shower, she went to the gym to shower. She'd just have to go there until she could afford to replace it. She also planned to have an alarm installed when she could afford that too, but it would be a while.

To help her earn money faster she decided to dig in the dumpster after work, to see if she could find anything good to sell. Or maybe even a replacement shower (LOL, no. I'm kidding, a used shower from the garbage does not sound like a shower that anybody should use). She found a TV which she was able to sell along with a rug she'd found before and she was able to afford a shower. What a relief.
    Screenshot-4639.jpg

She was making herself breakfast the next morning, happy that she could enjoy it at her leisure and not have to eat quickly and rush off to the gym, when her stove caught on fire. Poor girl is just not having any luck with this fresh start at life. She just looked at the fire with this "I'm so done" look, why did her life suck so much?
    Screenshot-4641.jpg

Though at least her ex-husband was no longer in town, so she didn't have to worry about him responding to the call to put the fire out because that would have been awkward, so at least there was something good to take out of the day. Of course, it also wouldn't have been a concern if her stove hadn't caught fire, but whatever. When her co-workers find out however it could be embarrassing, likely she won't be allowed near the stove for a while.

Between her pay for the day, her insurance, and the little bit of money she had left over from buying the shower she would be able to afford a new oven by the end of the day, but it would use up all the money she'd have and she would risking not being able to pay her bills before they were due and would risk having something repossessed; she still bought the new oven and hoped for the best, maybe she could find something good enough in the dumpster to sell so she could pay her bills, but she needed an oven.

Boy her life sounds like mine. If something can go wrong it will lol. That look on her face was priceless. I feel like that sometimes. I am just like why does hope spring eternal, and why don't I just give up? Two great questions of the universe that I will never have an answer for bwwwaaaahhhhaaahhhaa.

Glad she got the new shower and oven. I hope if she ever sees that thief again she gives him a good drubbing.

I am surprised she didn't know he was on the lot, and didn't call the police.

TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's today's update from Glen Harbor in late spring in 1662.
    Rudy Wagner and Lacey Walker were both up early and trying to get ready for school before having to leave.
    15775359526_39dc5a5d7a.jpg
    15179098464_771af61b0e.jpg
    They both managed to make it to school a little late and decided to take home schooling under consideration because of the travel distance.They were in class until 2PM.
    15613228179_118946d5e7.jpg
    Rudy ended up doing homework while Lacey was playing a social game on his iPad.
    15613231659_f989ca8e58.jpg
    They both had juice from the fridge for dinner and Lacey started on his home work while Rudy went to the elixir shop to get some honey to sell there.
    15179617353_072206d071.jpg
    Rudy was busy at the elixir shop while Lacey finished his homework and started heading home for the night.
    15179113234_a245673991.jpg
    15775394336_9ee2b971c0.jpg
    Rudy and Lacey started cleaning up when they got home and Rudy had to unclog the toilet before using it.
    15800635282_73b6851851.jpg
    They both got to bed by 8PM that evening.
    15800637822_54ed7a6a66.jpg

I love those colorful plants at the elixir shop. I think they are very pretty. Purple is my favorite color. I think homeschooling would be a good option, but they would need someone to teach them at home not themselves.

Zabeth0 wrote: »
    jubwbd.jpg

Sun Young: "My brother asked Jake about his family, to which he replied he didn't have one. My brother did not inquire further into his family," As of course, to save either of them from having to explain the tragedy of how they came to their current situation, as that would be embarrassing, and not something you ask or share with a guest, only a good friend. The fact that she asked Keli about how she met Paul and that Keli shared it in it's fullness, and not as a smiling summery 'oh, we met in Vietnam, but he looked me up in the states and then we went off to fairyland for a while...', indicated to Sun Young that they were good friends now, and that was why she felt safe sharing her family situation with Keli. "So, my brother asked him where he came from. Jake replied that he'd come from SunSet Valley and he had only come to China to deliver a large painting to Jiang Lu, the food merchant."

25yufjd.jpg

Sun Young: "Jiang Lu's sense of humor was quite well known in our town, but we knew he wouldn't normally spend so much money as to want a painting without getting a ridiculously low price for it. Between a foreigner flying in with airfare and paying entry fees and such, we felt it very odd that he'd have made such an arrangement, so Ho Sung asked Jake how much his airfare had been. Jake shrugged and said he'd gotten a good deal for a round trip price of 1300 simoleons. We reflected on this for a moment." They did not wish to ask about vista fees as it might lead to a political discussion. No one wanted a political discussion.

2117z9z.jpg

Sun Young: "Then Ho Sung asked Jake how much Jiang Lu had paid him for the large painting. Jake smiled innocently and said 300 simoleons. We felt this foreigner was being taken advantage of. My brother very carefully asked him how he felt about that. Jake, of course, was delighted to be in Shang Simla, and gushed that Jiang Lu was being very generous in buying his painting, since he wasn't really an artist, and it was just a geometrical color study, helping him study an optical problem he was having. He insisted that it was a very good thing that Jiang Lu had brought his attention to Shang Simla, he'd have gotten around to it eventually, but it was a very good thing he was brought here now."

206kn5w.jpg

Sun Young: "When my brother gave him a long calculating look, he smiled and said that it was a long story. He said in Sunset Valley, simply fixing things and finding things didn't make you anything particularly, but here people called him an adventurer for doing the same things.

rbjhb4.jpg

He said back home he found rocks and ores and insects and plants and studied them all, and collated data with the scientists, though he wasn't really a scientist either, he knew how science worked, but he didn't do it for work, he did it for fun."

2ikeif.jpg

Sun Young: "He said the scientists had given him a three eyed fish named Norbert."

212vkwo.jpg

Sun Young: "Jake had stayed with the Lu family the first day, and gone to the market with Jiang Lu in the morning."

1zcl2kp.jpg

Sun Young: "Jiang Lu fed him breakfast, and then he started exploring."

I love the humbleness of people in that region which Jake was displaying making excuses as to why his painting was unworthy of more money, while the man who lived in the region and should have been the same, was thinking Jake had been ripped off like roles were reversed. I like how in that culture back then you would be so humble. I mean Jake would apologize for forcing his unworthy painting on the merchant, and the merchant would assure him that it was wonderful and apologize that he couldn't pay him a fortune for it, and they would haggle back and forth till they both came to a reasonable compromise for both. Except I think Jake didn't get that part lol. I think he was just glad he was able to sell it lol. He must not have had a good opinion of his paintings. Too bad.

Yep true friendship is when you can tell someone the story behind marrying your significant other no matter what the circumstances. Some could be funny, sweet, embarrassing, but no matter the circumstances you wouldn't share in detail unless you felt someone could be trusted with it.

Did Ho Sung suspect that Jake was hiding something about what he meant about fixing things or was he just suspicious that Jake was hiding something?

Great update.
    Hey guys! :smiley: it's been ages, how are you all? Man I missed this thread! It's good to see this thread is still going strong.<br />
    <br />
    So what's been happening with me? A couple of weeks ago I got back from my first overseas trip which was exciting but while I was away my bird died :( so I'm still sad about that. But do you remember how I wasn't able to play my game at all and I didn't know if I would be able to fix it? Yeah well I sort of gave up on it because nothing was working and it was really frustrating but good news, I fixed it! I removed all my store content and cc and then just added a few store items and cc I couldn't play without and it's playing pretty well. I've been playing a new couple (well I used to play them a long time ago but this is the 3rd version of them because I kept remaking them because I wasn't fully happy with how they looked :P ) I hadn't played the game for months so it's exciting to be able to again and that means I'll be back here to share them with you! :smiley:

Wow how cool is that an overseas trip. Sorry to hear your bird died. That is always sad to lose a pet.

That is exciting news about your game though. Can't wait to see your updates again. We have missed you.
    Celiria wrote: »
    And time for today's episode of.....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

For clarification I would like to point out that I meddled with the world a bit for this update. Part of Ashley's comedy issue stems from the fact that sims get distracted by things like dancing to music, and since they are dancing and not watching her performance she makes no money. So before starting this episode a modified the lounge to remove the wall speaker that was next to the mic. So we will see if that helps.

Now on with the show.

When we last left our golden locked couple I was like "this is getting a touch dull with their normal routine" and the game was like "repetive? Well how about BAM the reaper is at the comedy club" and I was like "O.O that's new" and Ashley was like "who cares, he's watching so that means I get paid :smirk: "

Or something like that :p

cassidy-wakes-first.png

As the new day begins Cassidy is the first one up for a change.

fixing-breakfast.png

So she takes the opportunity to shower and get dressed before starting on breakfast as she usually does.

enthusing-about-food.png

She's really gotten good at cooking as Ashley can't help but enthuse about how delicious breakfast is. Then again that could just be Ashley buttering her up in the hopes of some morning fun before Cassidy heads to work :p

watch-tv-together-before-cassidy-has-to-go.png

Sadly Cassidy doesn't have long before work and there's no time for any fun in the bedroom so they settle for cuddling together on the couch and watching some comedy until Cassidy has to leave.

gardening-time.png

After Cassidy leaves Ashley gets to work on her garden. It's a good thing she has her garden because with all the ups and downs with her comedy the garden is a good consistent source of income.

krystle-comes-to-visit.png

After she finishes she gets dressed to go to the lounge to do her routine when she runs into Krystle on the porch before she even has a chance to knock.

invites-her-to-comedy-club.png

The two chat for a bit and Ashley invites Krystle to join her at the lounge, worst case at least Ashley will have a friend to watch her routine as opposed to the increasingly common nobody.

krystle-thinks-shes-good.png

Krystle enjoys Ashley's comedy. She's the only one who does, not because people ignored Ashley's performance but because nobody was there.

It turns out that there is a bug in the game with generic lots. As I said earlier I removed the speaker, the catch is that when you have a venue or are creating a venue there is a list of things that have to be there, such as a lounge requires a stereo of some description. So by removing the wall speaker the lot became a generic lot (pretty much the same idea as sims 3 "visitors allowed" lot type except due to the bug npc sims won't go to generic lots :\ so thanks to this Krystle and Ashley were the only sims there. But luckily since Krystle watched Ashley's performance she still got paid for her routine by the invisible proprietor that in my mind is the one signing the paychecks for comedy performances. She ended up making a good amount as well since her new medium length routine earned her a whopping $125 on it's own

After I finished I went into build mode and added the speaker back to the lot though I put it at the other side of the room so that hopefully sims near Ashley will be more likely to watch her.

chat-with-krystle.png

After finishing her routines Ashley chatted with Krystle for a bit before saying goodbye and heading home.

clean-house.png

Once home Ashley decided to do some house cleaning (she cleaned the toilet, counters, cleaned out the fridge, and took out the trash) so Cassidy wouldn't have to come home and worry about it.

refines-her-new-medium-routine.png

After finishing up she settled down at the computer to refine her routines from feedback she got from Krystle.

find-ashley-hard-at-work.png

Cassidy came home a couple hours later to find Ashley hard at work.

work-wont-get-between-them.png

But Ashley is happy to stop for the day. Cassidy is more important than work any day.

cassidy-prepares-dinner.png

Cassidy prepares dinner.

cassidy-talks-about-her-day.png

And the two talk about their respective days over some nice bowls of chili (I have to say chili sounds amazing right now since it's continued to snow out here in Colorado)

Back to the girls and not me though, it seems Cassidy had another long day at work. She did get her promotion but she also had an embarrassing moment at work and ended up having a bad day because of it.

ashley-knows-how-to-cheer-her-up.png

Ashley knows how to cheer her up though :)

conflict-of-interests.png

In fact Ashley has multiple ideas on how to help Cassidy forget about her rough day at work ;)

Admittedly it's kind of a conflict of interest since Ashley's "ideas" aren't completely for Cassidy's sake. Partially for Cassidy's sake sure but Ashley has a vested interest as well :p

not-that-cassidy-minds.png

Not that Cassidy minds. (she really didn't mind as they woohooed four times. They kept finishing and immediately got the want to woohoo again :p ) By the time they were done I was just like okay you two give it a rest already and get some sleep.

and that's it for this update.

What will happen as we continue?

Will my new idea of moving the speaker to the other side of the lounge help? (at least it can't be worse than generic lots making the place a ghost town)

Will Cassidy and Ashley have the energy to even get up in the morning after their "antics"

Will I ever stop abusing quotes? (Not a chance in plum :p )

Find out when we continue with....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update. Happy Simming :)

Well sorry your meddling in the world didn't really work, but that is what you get lol for cheating ha ha ha j/k. I think Ashley should go around town and invite a bunch of sims to the lounge without the speaker and make money that way. Seriously who wants to work hard on jokes and routines to entertain if no one is listening or wants to do so? I feel bad for Ashley but she is persevering so that is good. She will someday make a success.

Good news that they are close to adopting. Are they adopting a baby or a child like Kaley and Kamrynn? Boy or girl?

I see that Ashley is hoping for plan c and is working on plan A cleaning house so that your wife comes home all tired out, but thrilled she can relax and not expend energy cleaning house which leaves energy for other things. Good plan Ashley. I think it is sweet how these two work at making each other happy.

Yum I love chili, but no beans please ha ha ha. I always buy the cans of chili with no beans and add onions and cheese to them. Yum.

Great update.
    @Celiria poor Ash, the Reaper showing up at one of her comedy routines. Either its a tremendous honor (like it was in the case of the Reaper showing up for an impromptu performance of Nathan's) or it's a scary thing. Given that the Reaper lingered around for the routine and laughed, I vote for the latter. Guess it's the 'Reaper seal of approval' lol I hope she starts bringing in some decent $$ soon, I'm interested in continuing to see how it goes.
    @Zabeth0 is this a backstory of some point? Sun Young is recounting a visit by Jake? Is Jake an adventurer?
    @TadOlson your sims seem very self-sufficient :)
    @dreamerz13 poor Juliet having her shower stolen. I swear those burglars steal the strangest things, Lol.
    @MayaRose1138 and @and-it-is-on welcome back :) Lol at Daisy wanting to marry in her outerwear and can't wait to see your couple :)
    @IreneSwift I'm actually hoping for Sierra not to get into this relationship in the first place, as it's just ripe for more drama that she doesn't need, considering that Alexis does have a partner. Seriously, cant she find someone who isn't attached? Lol But that's a Jolina for you. Lol Yeah and the dorms aren't pleasant places most of the time, real life as well as in Sims. When Savannah's oldest kids were in the dorms I bought them a Bonehilda but the dormies were running away from her, it was hilarious. Savannah's kids, though, it didn't matter to them, they were used to strangeness given that mommy was a ghost hunter. Lol

Screenshot-1294_zps62aa151f.jpg

When Sierra returned home from her second college trip, she was in a crappy mood as usual, so she went upstairs to her room to 'brood.'

Screenshot-1296_zpsa438955f.jpg

Satis had come over to drop off Ramses before heading out to her medical duties. But before that, she read her littlest brother a rather salacious bedtime story. Ha... What a way to learn about the birds and the bees eh?

Screenshot-1301_zps5a21624c.jpg

One ray of sunshine in this picture was that Satis' son had grown into a toddler. He has Brave and Virtuoso as traits.

Screenshot-1298_zpsb3bb673a.jpg

Ramses had his father Josh's bluish eyes and blondish hair, but his facial features were unmistakably Satis's.

Screenshot-1300_zps2dc318ea.jpg

Perhaps a certain grandma is requesting a do-over. Savannah was in the butler's quarters rocking Ramses to sleep.

Naughty Satis shouldn't that be a subject that his mother decides when it is appropriate to introduce to him? I hope he didn't have to scour his eyes with bleach after that story ha ha ha.

How sweet Savannah really seems remorseful and is trying to be a better grandma than she was a mom. She can help turn this dysfunctional family around by not making the same mistakes with her grandkids.

@everybody I hope I got all caught up, and if I missed anyone's update please let me know, as I don't want to miss anyone's like I have in the past. I will have a sisters update by Tuesday and a Shrek update by Friday or Sat.

• CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    @LunBeauty I don't aim to end them that way it just kind of ends up that way :p it's not my fault Ashley and Cassidy are crazy about each other. They will adopt they just need to finish getting what they need. They've got the money to furnish the other bedrooms but the need money for the adoption fees as well.

@Colorist40 I miss Kaley and Kamryn as well but at least Ashley and Cassidy hold their own nicely.

my guess with the comedy is that they designed it around the idea that it works like tips where you get paid by the people watching. Personally I still would rather just at least get a small base pay at least if your performing in a venue.

They are going to adopt child age sims. Both will be girls since as I've said I'm not a big fan of playing male characters. Plus that gives me options when deciding who to continue with for the next generation.
    @Celiria sorry to hear about your wrist and aww poor Cassidy, her dream of motherhood will come true soon enough. I'm sure she'll make a great mom.
    @Colorist40 Rainbow Ivy looks like quite the character, lol. And you're right about Sierra, she isn't even aware of her powers and abilities yet. She's very much a typical middle child, two older siblings and two younger siblings (not counting the two adopted ones), so she's right in the middle. She has the middle child advantages and the middle child disadvantages.
    @Sc3nix more alien cuteness, those are awesome genes, my alien kids don't look half as good as yours. :)
    @IreneSwift I agree that it's too late for Savannah's kids, the damage has been done. BTW it's Sierra's grandfather (Savannah's father Nathan), not her own dad Andy, who passed away. As I told @Colorist40 it'll probably take me till the release of the next Sims game to unravel all the layers of dysfunction in this family, lol. As far as Sawyer is concerned he's still a little boy yet, he hardly knows what's going on. When I was playing this out she hardly if ever rolled wants for her kids, it was always writing or adventuring or skilling up in something. She really had no focus on those kids at all. Indeed the oldest daughter, Sage, wrote, "We forgot the basics (of being a family)." As for Sierra's trip to the future, my game crashed right when she got there, so right after those pix were taken. So I'll have to send her back at some point. She's still working on her plumbot that she wants to build, she keeps rolling the want to learn bot building and build a plumbot.

Screenshot-2563_zpsfcac5e08.jpg

Here's a pic of Sierra and her grandfather, apparently she's showing him how to work his smartphone?

@LunBeauty thanks for the comments. The Jolinas run a mile a minute, I can barely keep up with them sometimes. Lol These guys put the 'fun' in dysfunction.
    @Zabeth0 Sierra's experience was definitely very 'alienating' so you say. She's already isolated and has to deal with this situation of no one believing her story. And the one person who does believe her passes away. Lol at Zelda's face in seeing the painting. I guess it's not her taste. Lol

Have to say, not much happened in this update.

unilife_zps28e4c6f2.jpg

Screenshot-1190_zps693060ae.jpg]

Through encouragement from her parents, Sierra returned to Sims University to try to work through her grief of losing her grandfather.

schedule2_zps2d1d935e.jpg

This is her schedule for the semester.

Screenshot-1272_zpsda7c82d2.jpg

Sierra decided to rent her own place instead of living in the dorms. She was on partial scholarship, and her family had more than enough money... so why not? When she got there, she decided the peace and quiet was good enough for her to finish reading Plan 8 From Lunar Lakes.

Screenshot-1274_zps50b9ca33.jpg

At the Meet and Greet (which she found tedious by now) she played a game of table tennis with a guy named Holden. But she lost. While Holden was bragging about beating her, Sierra was steamed.

Screenshot-1074_zpsb4d45fa4.jpg

She left the Meet and Greet and decided to work out her frustrations on the basketball court.

Screenshot-1276_zps23a50a0f.jpg

When she got back, her phone rang. It was Alexis Croft, aka "the mascot."

Screenshot-870_zpsc18cb318.jpg

Being the mascot, Alexis was one of the more popular students in school. Alexis was also an older student, an adult instead of a young adult. Surprisingly Sierra found Alexis very easy to talk to. Maybe it was Alexis' nurturing trait.

Screenshot-1275_zps988c7138.jpg

"Hey, Sierra. Whatcha doin?" began Alexis sweetly.
    "Oh, just grabbing myself something to eat."
    "Glad to see you're back on campus. I heard about your grandpa, I'm really sorry. Sounds like you two were close."
    "Yeah, we were. We were getting there."

Screenshot-1081_zps42b8ca9b.jpg

Back in the dorms, she had complained loudly about piles of dirty dishes being left on the dining tables.

Screenshot-1085_zps8d78baf6.jpg

Her dormmates reacted with a mixture of derision and bemusement. "Easy for you to say," said the red-haired girl, "your folks are loaded, you had a butler to clean up after you."
    "So," Sierra countered, "that doesn't mean we kids didn't have to do our fair share. Now clean them up."

Screenshot-1283_zps8023aa10.jpg

Screenshot-1282_zps9adcf605.jpg

Her week on campus consisted of workouts...

Screenshot-1278_zps8df72bd5.jpg

...and labs.

Screenshot-1280_zpsb0e8fb7e.jpg

During her Tuesday lab, her classmates left while she stayed afterwards to continue working.

Screenshot-1279_zpsf31a031f.jpg

She seemed glad that after awhile, she had the lab area to herself.

Screenshot-1064_zps48be700b.jpg

She enjoyed practicing her spirals - in the rain.

Screenshot-963_zps52b4699f.jpg

Screenshot-1065_zpsb8826835.jpg

And in her spare time she worked on her novel and her plumbot.

Awww so sorry I missed yours. I told Celiria I must be insane, because like his, I remember commenting on your post as well. I mentioned how she shouldn't yell at her roommates for having a messy house as it wasn't going to help. Either I am imagining these posts in my mind as in answering them, or they aren't posting and I think for some reason they are, but oh well sorry rectifying that right now lol.

That pic showing Sierra showing her grandfather how to use the phone made me laugh as my dad is the same way. A phone outside of a number pad and a dial button is useless lol. I always have to show dad how to check his messages, delete them, and change the time on his phone lol. Technology is beyond him lol.

Sierra does have a temper, getting that mad over losing a ping pong game? I must admit I am too competitive when it comes to games, but I don't get that mad lol.

She does have some moves in the basketball arena it seems. Good looking dunk shot there.

I am glad she is back in school and making something of her life. Just because someone you loves dies doesn't mean that your whole life should go downhill because of it.

I think Sierra needs to learn to control her temper and let things go, but when you are grieving it isn't easy to do hurting like that. It is nice to see that she had some attachment to her grandfather and really seemed to love him.

Well it's an unseasonably cold day here... down here we're just not used to this kind of cold this early in the season.

@Colorist40 Savannah has succeeded career wise and financially beyond any sim I've ever had and that includes her father. However, now she's paying the piper for her decisions. Sometimes as women we try to 'do it all,' have the perfect marriage/career/family balance, etc. In Sims, as in real life, something can go out of whack, as what happened here when Savannah's focus on her career left her family in a lurch. Sage, the older daughter, has written extensively about what she feels went wrong in her family. "Whatever happened, somewhere along the way, we forgot how to be a family." Nathan, the master musician, had two children and neither of them became musicians like he did; and in fact Savannah herself rebelled and resisted that path and carved out one of her own. Sebastian, his son, is still in show business, he's in a different branch as an actor. As for Sawyer, he could very well be the key to fixing what ails this family. Even in this very bleak picture there are signs of hope.

skylartest_zps6dc3a948.jpg

Little Skylar's scores on her SUAT admissions test, taken right after she turned teen.

@Zabeth0 makes sense that Nicolae would hide out in peaceful Dragon Valley. Is he a modern Sim doing time traveling or is he just hiding out? As for Sierra, I think she's keeping busy to keep her mind off of the grief. As you know, she suffered badly from the loss of her grandfather, for reasons that go beyond simple mourning.

@Celiria Ash has always loved gardening eh? :)

@LunBeauty I agree with you to a point. There's a lot more for the Sims to do both in class and outside of class in Sims 3 Uni than in Sims 2. But, it can and does get a little tedious at times, like it did in 2. Remember in Sims 2 I wanted my sims outta there asap. In Sims 3 Uni I guess the secret is to find that balance between studying your sims' skills and, well, studying social aspects. One trick I use especially for Sims that have skills that use it, is to give them the tablet PC to have them skill up while they're doing other things, as skilling really is the key to getting them good grades, not going to class or even using their major object.

unilife_zps28e4c6f2.jpg

Screenshot-1285_zpse3035114.jpg

It was Thursday, and that means lecture time. Unfortunately, there was a bottleneck in the doorway leading to the student union lecture hall, and Sierra never got to class.

Screenshot-1286_zps14b5a02a.jpg

Sierra wasn't terribly bothered about that; after all, her class performance was reasonably high, and she decided to leaf through her health and physical education textbook instead.

Screenshot-1284_zps351c5039.jpg

And after that, she decided to play chess on one of the computers.

Screenshot-3845_zps22fd047e.jpg

Later, Sierra confirmed her mother's suspicions - that she was still studying alchemy and magic despite promising to stop. (This girl is relentless, she wants to know EVERYTHING.)

Screenshot-1287_zpsabcad341.jpg

She aced her exams and once again made the Dean's List.

Screenshot-871_zps93297104.jpg

The next night, Alexis called, inviting her to a small get-together at her place. Reluctantly, in the rain, Sierra went.

Screenshot-872_zpsbdb0b04c.jpg

"Alexis," Sierra said, noticeably nervous, "I just want to let you know that, um, I, um, really like you, a lot, and, um, I was just wondering -"
    "Yeah?"
    "I was wondering if you'd like to go out, to a movie or something."
    Alexis smiled. "Sierra, I'd love to, but I just want to let you know that - I have a boyfriend."
    Sure enough, Alexis' boyfriend, Hank Macklamoor, was standing right behind Sierra, and was not happy that she'd asked her that question.

Screenshot-875_zps48012706.jpg

"What the plum was that?" asked Hank with a little bit of disbelief in his voice.
    "Hank, she just wants to go see a movie. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think it's a good idea. Maybe you could come along, too."
    Sierra looked at Alexis in awe and surprise. She actually wanted to go to the movie with Alexis alone, but if Hank was coming, too, she supposed she could suck it up and try to make it work.

Notes: I was taken by surprise when Sierra autonomously confessed feelings for Alexis. It sort of makes sense that she would latch on to such a woman, lacking a maternal figure for most of her life. Hank (who I assume is either Alexis' boyfriend or some kind of romantic interest) wasn't happy with this at all. At this point I'm not even sure if Sierra's feelings are even romantic at all, as there are currently no romantic markers between the two.

Oh poor dear. It took a lot of courage for her to do that, and then to have her interest admit she had a boyfriend and to appease that boyfriend her interest for the most part invited him to go with them without asking Sierra. I think if I wasn't inclined to be romantic with another girl, I would not accept the invitation especially if said woman made it clear how she felt. I don't believe in leading people on or giving them false hope.

How cute that she did this autonomously though that makes it even better. Poor Sierra looking for someone to be the mother figure she never had. It is unusual as most girls look for a father figure, but it does happen.

Why does Savannah object to Sierra's studying magic and alchemy? Is she afraid of the power it could give her because of Sierra's unstable personality and temper? Or does she object for other reasons?

How ridiculous the bottleneck stopped Sierra from going to class. I know that not attending your performance takes a hit. That isn't fair.

Great update.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    After moving to Alphine Meadows Tonia decides to take Talia and Darla boating.
    2mdnn0i.jpg

Talia swims back to shore from nausea due to "unknown causes".
    2rohqb7.jpg

Darla also swims back to shore for the same reason.
    2is9y6s.jpg

Tonia continues to boat there.
    2zhqn2e.jpg

Unfortunately they had to move to a new house.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Zabeth0-Great update!It's great to show your family's background like that.I decided to build a custom schoolhouse in Glen Harbor instead of using one of the EA shells.I find them usually too big to fit anything else on the lot and it make the lot useless for anything else.
    IreneSwift-I get them to buy a stroller for each parent so either one can take a baby out and I will get a second baby cot if they have twins.I have them starting to think switching after the summer break would be the best option because they don't have parents and need to be able to earn money for themselves.The school day is too long to allow them to have jobs unless they are homeschooled.
    MayaRose1138-I love the way I can play other households while a sim in one household is pregnant and just have to keep track of the pregnancy to make sure I play that household when she's due to have the baby.
    and-it-is-on-Hi there and welcome back.I had a few issues myself and mine were fixed recently by changing some settings in the Mods.I hope you enjoyed your trip and I hate losing pets myself.
    Celiria-Thanks for the comments.Great update!
    LunBeauty-Thanks for the comment.
    venusdemilosims-I make my sims independant because they are living in another time and had to be that way.Great update!It's great to see a little one aging up into a cute toddler.
    Colorist40-I had Eli watching kids T.V because I don't think twins would cause too much trouble unless they had more too soon after the first.Eli and Ami are actually both fourteen year olds and that was young adult until almost the 20th century when they decided to change it.I've always been getting sick and I hope to relocate to a colder climate because I usually get sick in the summer and have less trouble in the winter.Ami was washing dishes while Eli put the baby stuff together and he helped by arranging the bedding in the cot and laying out the baby gym.Ami's probably going to do a lot of helping with the baby.That would only happen if he'd died while she was pregnant or just after she gave birth.I've felt that they'd be taught by an online teacher if they went to homeschooling and they'll have to after the summer break.
    AiHaou-Great update!
    I'll have my own update in a short while.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were both up early that morning and getting ready for the day.It was looking like it would be a very dull rainy spring day and they still had a garden to tend and skills to learn.They both ate the leftover waffles without noticing the waffles had gone bad.
    15614238250_8257343307.jpg
    15775406686_10d3620955.jpg
    Cory was playing a social game on her iPad while Angel was still eating breakfast.
    15613257819_9cba2677f2.jpg
    Cory was tending the garden when the letter carrier dropped off the bills while Angel was cleaning up and getting ready to play a social game on his iPad for a while.
    15613259609_0b9b3450c5.jpg
    Angel was switching from a game to studying handiness on his iPad when Cory went out to clear out the old newspapers and pay the bills.
    15614247300_16b6a7c0b7.jpg
    They both ended up studying handiness on the iPads for a while until they had to stop and get ready for work and they both left for work by 3PM.
    15800654912_2825abe890.jpg
    15179141234_e94d394166.jpg
    They got home at 6PM though they stopped to eat leftover salad for dinner because they had no time to cook and still didn't get to bed until as late as 8PM.
    15775422846_bcac2e76b7.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Comments time

@venusdemilosims really Satis, couldn't you find a more age appropriate bedtime story :p

@TadOlson nice pictures
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @venusdemilosims Nice update. :) Ramses is very cute and I love the picture of grandma rocking him. :D

@AiHaou I guess the two ghosties couldn't handle a little boat ride, lol. I thought something like that would be real relaxing, but I guess not, lol.

@TadOlson Great update!
    edited November 2014
    Your in luck if you want more....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple my plan to try and reduce the ai distraction while Ashley does her comedy backfired (though in my defense nobody was being distracted, nobody was at the lounge at all but that still means they weren't distracted :p ). Also Cassidy had another rough day at work which Ashley happily helped cheer her up from, over and over and over and over.... :p

start-of-a-new-day.png

And as we start a new day Ashley is still in a good mood from her fun with Cassidy the evening before.

Cassidy has a day off today so Ashley lets her sleep. Considering the rough time she's had at work recently she's earned a chance to sleep in.

400.png

Ashley heads outside to tend to her garden. She has a bunch of plants evolve as well so her garden is improving nicely :)

day-off.png

Meanwhile Cassidy wakes up and is ecstatic to have a day off to relax rather than having to deal with work.

french-toast.png

But she still has some things she has to do. If she doesn't make breakfast Ashley might, and that would not be conducive to a relaxing day, unless your idea of relaxing is a potential trip to the hospital for food poisoning :p

good-morning-beautiful.png

Ashley finishes up her gardening just as Cassidy finishes fixing breakfast and gives her lovely wife a good morning kiss.

delicious-as-usual.png

And then the two happily enjoy Cassidy's delicious cooking.

practice-her-guitar.png

After breakfast Cassidy decides to enjoy her day off by playing a little guitar while Ashley washes off the dirt from her morning gardening.

enjoy-your-day.png

And it's time for Ashley to head down to do her routines and hopefully bring home some more money.

Cassidy offers to come along but Ashley insists that Cassidy just enjoy her day off. There is no need to disrupt Cassidy's relaxing day at home.

wild-sage.png

As she arrives at the lounge Ashley spots some wild sage nearby, there's an empty spot in her garden so Ashley picks it before heading inside.

confidence.png

One thing you can say for Ashley, even though whether she gets paid is a back and forth annoyance she's definitely become confident behind the mic.

dominick.png

And she gets some people watching including her father in law Dominick Hutchinson. He seemed happy to see his daughters wife doing so well at her chosen career :)

But he has to go before Ashley finishes her routines for the day so they don't have a chance to chat, but it was nice of him to watch at least part of her performance :D especially since that means she will get paid today.

writing.png

When Ashley gets home she finds Cassidy on the computer, but she isn't practicing writing for work, she's writing a short story.

teasing.png

Ashley teases Cassidy slightly about it but Cassidy seems upset.

Surprised by Cassidy's behavior Ashley pulls her outside to sit on the bench together and make sure she's okay.

Cassidy reveals that she initially just started practicing her writing for work, but as she did she ended up writing a short story and was really enjoying it. Enjoying it a lot more than the writing she does for her job.

wants-to-quit.png

She explains that on the spur of the moment because of this she decided to quit her job to try to be a writer but once Ashley had gotten home she realized how selfish that was and how much stress it would put on Ashley to be the sole source of income, especially given how rocky Ashley's comedy career.

Cassidy feels really bad and is afraid that Ashley is going to be mad at her for being this selfish without talking to her first and for just dropping the pressure on her after Ashley already works so hard as it is.

dont-get-all-serious.png

Suddenly Cassidy is caught off guard as Ashley starts tickling her and telling her not to be so serious.

i-work-hard-so-you-can-be-selfish.png

Ashley takes Cassidy's hands in hers and looks her straight in the eyes. She tells her the reason she works so hard is SO Cassidy can be selfish.

She wants Cassidy to be able to have what she wants and live the life she wants. So if that means shouldering the burden of supporting both of them for a bit she's okay with that. Cassidy's happiness is what she cares about the most.

happy.png

Ashley leans over and kisses Cassidy before telling her to just do what makes her happy and she will stand by her no matter what that is.

together-forever.png

Cassidy hugs Ashley relieved that she isn't mad at her.

She then starts to head off to fix dinner but Ashley stops her.

sleep-with-an-author.png

Ashley smirks as she tells Cassidy that there's also a certain allure to sleeping with a famous author.

Cassidy laughs, Ashley will have to wait then since Cassidy isn't a famous author right now.

passionate-kiss.png

Ashley clearly isn't a fan of waiting.

close-enough-for-ashley.png

She's just looking for any excuse she can find to have fun with her wife ;)

forget-dinner.png

And with thoughts of dinner completely forgotten Ashley drags Cassidy back to their bedroom (admittedly Cassidy isn't exactly resisting :p ) to enjoy her first night as the wife of an author (or close enough for Ashley anyway :p )

and that's it for today's update.

Will Ashley be able to support them on her own?

Will Cassidy become a famous author?

Is there any excuse Ashley will not use to seduce her wife? (probably not :p )

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and as always Happy Simming :)

edited November 2014
    Celiria wrote: »
    Your in luck if you want more....

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

When we last left our golden locked couple my plan to try and reduce the ai distraction while Ashley does her comedy backfired (though in my defense nobody was being distracted, nobody was at the lounge at all but that still means they weren't distracted :p ). Also Cassidy had another rough day at work which Ashley happily helped cheer her up from, over and over and over and over.... :p

start-of-a-new-day.png

And as we start a new day Ashley is still in a good mood from her fun with Cassidy the evening before.

Cassidy has a day off today so Ashley lets her sleep. Considering the rough time she's had at work recently she's earned a chance to sleep in.

400.png

Ashley heads outside to tend to her garden. She has a bunch of plants evolve as well so her garden is improving nicely :)

day-off.png

Meanwhile Cassidy wakes up and is ecstatic to have a day off to relax rather than having to deal with work.

french-toast.png

But she still has some things she has to do. If she doesn't make breakfast Ashley might, and that would not be conducive to a relaxing day, unless your idea of relaxing is a potential trip to the hospital for food poisoning :p

good-morning-beautiful.png

Ashley finishes up her gardening just as Cassidy finishes fixing breakfast and gives her lovely wife a good morning kiss.

delicious-as-usual.png

And then the two happily enjoy Cassidy's delicious cooking.

practice-her-guitar.png

After breakfast Cassidy decides to enjoy her day off by playing a little guitar while Ashley washes off the dirt from her morning gardening.

enjoy-your-day.png

And it's time for Ashley to head down to do her routines and hopefully bring home some more money.

Cassidy offers to come along but Ashley insists that Cassidy just enjoy her day off. There is no need to disrupt Cassidy's relaxing day at home.

wild-sage.png

As she arrives at the lounge Ashley spots some wild sage nearby, there's an empty spot in her garden so Ashley picks it before heading inside.

confidence.png

One thing you can say for Ashley, even though whether she gets paid is a back and forth annoyance she's definitely become confident behind the mic.

dominick.png

And she gets some people watching including her father in law Dominick Hutchinson. He seemed happy to see his daughters wife doing so well at her chosen career :)

But he has to go before Ashley finishes her routines for the day so they don't have a chance to chat, but it was nice of him to watch at least part of her performance :D especially since that means she will get paid today.

writing.png

When Ashley gets home she finds Cassidy on the computer, but she isn't practicing writing for work, she's writing a short story.

teasing.png

Ashley teases Cassidy slightly about it but Cassidy seems upset.

Surprised by Cassidy's behavior Ashley pulls her outside to sit on the bench together and make sure she's okay.

Cassidy reveals that she initially just started practicing her writing for work, but as she did she ended up writing a short story and was really enjoying it. Enjoying it a lot more than the writing she does for her job.

wants-to-quit.png

She explains that on the spur of the moment because of this she decided to quit her job to try to be a writer but once Ashley had gotten home she realized how selfish that was and how much stress it would put on Ashley to be the sole source of income, especially given how rocky Ashley's comedy career.

Cassidy feels really bad and is afraid that Ashley is going to be mad at her for being this selfish without talking to her first and for just dropping the pressure on her after Ashley already works so hard as it is.

dont-get-all-serious.png

Suddenly Cassidy is caught off guard as Ashley starts tickling her and telling her not to be so serious.

i-work-hard-so-you-can-be-selfish.png

Ashley takes Cassidy's hands in hers and looks her straight in the eyes. She tells her the reason she works so hard is SO Cassidy can be selfish.

She wants Cassidy to be able to have what she wants and live the life she wants. So if that means shouldering the burden of supporting both of them for a bit she's okay with that. Cassidy's happiness is what she cares about the most.

happy.png

Ashley leans over and kisses Cassidy before telling her to just do what makes her happy and she will stand by her no matter what that is.

together-forever.png

Cassidy hugs Ashley relieved that she isn't mad at her.

She then starts to head off to fix dinner but Ashley stops her.

sleep-with-an-author.png

Ashley smirks as she tells Cassidy that there's also a certain allure to sleeping with a famous author.

Cassidy laughs, Ashley will have to wait then since Cassidy isn't a famous author right now.

passionate-kiss.png

Ashley clearly isn't a fan of waiting.

close-enough-for-ashley.png

She's just looking for any excuse she can find to have fun with her wife ;)

forget-dinner.png

And with thoughts of dinner completely forgotten Ashley drags Cassidy back to their bedroom (admittedly Cassidy isn't exactly resisting :p ) to enjoy her first night as the wife of an author (or close enough for Ashley anyway :p )

and that's it for today's update.

Will Ashley be able to support them on her own?

Will Cassidy become a famous author?

Is there any excuse Ashley will not use to seduce her wife? (probably not :p )

life-and-times-gen-2.jpg

I hope everyone enjoyed the update and as always Happy Simming :)

Yay a day off to relax for Cassidy. Congrats for that. I know how it is to not have to work and be able to do what you want.

Hooray for nice father in laws. I think it was sweet he watched, to help her get paid although she I am sure was good.

How sweet for Ashley to want Cassidy to be happy. I think it is great she is so understanding as fledgling writers don't make much if anything lol.

Cassidy really should have given Ashley more credit than that and told her what she wanted selfish or not. Good couples should communicate even when it might be unpleasant.

At least Cassidy realizes what a hardship it would be, and was willing to put her plans on hold to help with the income. After all Cassidy is the one who wants the children maybe more than Ashley although I know Ashley wants them as well. With Ashley's gardening and income from being a comedian they should do ok. It might put the adoption off for a bit, but that won't be the end of the world lol.

Great update

TadOlson wrote: »
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were both up early that morning and getting ready for the day.It was looking like it would be a very dull rainy spring day and they still had a garden to tend and skills to learn.They both ate the leftover waffles without noticing the waffles had gone bad.
    15614238250_8257343307.jpg
    15775406686_10d3620955.jpg
    Cory was playing a social game on her iPad while Angel was still eating breakfast.
    15613257819_9cba2677f2.jpg
    Cory was tending the garden when the letter carrier dropped off the bills while Angel was cleaning up and getting ready to play a social game on his iPad for a while.
    15613259609_0b9b3450c5.jpg
    Angel was switching from a game to studying handiness on his iPad when Cory went out to clear out the old newspapers and pay the bills.
    15614247300_16b6a7c0b7.jpg
    They both ended up studying handiness on the iPads for a while until they had to stop and get ready for work and they both left for work by 3PM.
    15800654912_2825abe890.jpg
    15179141234_e94d394166.jpg
    They got home at 6PM though they stopped to eat leftover salad for dinner because they had no time to cook and still didn't get to bed until as late as 8PM.
    15775422846_bcac2e76b7.jpg

Well it seems although it was a dull rainy day, work needed to go on. Another routine day for them, but routine can be good lol. At least they had things to keep them busy to get their mind off the dull dreary rainy day.

Great update.
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    24gk4t3.jpg

Zelda: "It's just like a recipe...you read the ingredients, and you cook them, sometimes you gotta stir, sometimes you gotta let it sit there, and the recipe will tell you what to do. But the alchemy station is made of magical parts, and one of the things that might creep you out at first is that this liquid appears when you start working, don't let that bug you. It's magic, and it's going to make a magical elixir at the end, and hey, you don't even have to be a witch to get a magical result this way. Humans can use it...it's just a lot harder for you to learn than me."

ffbwap.jpg

Zelda: "But alchemy is kind of like magic lite. That doesn't mean there isn't any danger to it, you still have to follow the recipe exactly, and I mean, exactly, or bad stuff will happen. But as long as you do, you get something that is magical...that you can either drink or throw at someone to cause some magic effect. The main reason witches use it instead of spells would be that an elixir can be used in a place that is warded against the spell form of the effect...so if there is a warding on an enemy witches' house that prevents spellcasting from being used on anyone to induce sleep, I can get around that by using an elixir instead, since it isn't spellcasting. There are a few things that can only be done by the most powerful spells or alchemy. Like reverse aging or curing supernatural conditions...and most of those spells are only known by the crone. So alchemy at least puts that in our hands. Still, really really boring, and it smells bad." She added with a bit of disdain, "It's more Deedee's thing than mine."

2gufqcz.jpg

Rafael: He'd already won her over; she just didn't know it yet. "Can vitches be curred? Like, if you vanted, could you curre Deedee? Vill she trry to curre you?"

ngarud.jpg

Zelda: She paused uncomfortably. "Yes, a witch can be cured with an elixir, but it is literally the hardest elixir to make, and unlike all of the other cure elixirs, it has to be made for that witch and that witch only. So, if I wanted to cure Deedee, I'd have to get her hair and blood, and make the most challenging elixir without error and then manage to throw the cure at her without her dodging it...it would turn her into an actual human. But honestly, you might as well just kill the witch. Turning a witch into a human is like turning them into a fish out of water, and watching them flop around and suffocate to death...they are as good as dead, you've already killed them by making them helpless, though it'll be another witch that does it and gets her magic. Deedee would no more do that to me than she would kill me herself. You're a clever guy, you know? That's a very ironic death to arrange for someone who practically acts like a human anyway...but..." She was trying to figure out why she wouldn't do that to her worst enemy either while not admitting, even to herself that she didn't hate Deedee that much... "It's just too much work."

Rafael: "Ah, I vas just askink. I don't know hov these thinks vork." Rafael needed to know what he could use or what could be used on her that he'd have to watch for. Witches would obviously not donate blood or go to the hospital because blood could be taken there from them, and hair was easier to get than blood.

2h6r492.jpg

Zelda: "It's about to start smelling like sheep..." She wrinkled her nose.

Rafael: As she said, it reeked of livestock, and the things that livestock tended to generate. He could probably handle alchemy, though evidently it would take some practice.

Zelda: "This takes forever." She complained, stirring.

1zzhm2q.jpg

Rafael: "Vell, perrhaps you could tyell me vhat the supyernaturral crreaturres can do...I've hyeard lots of storries, but vhat's true?"

Zelda: She sighed. "Yeah, I'm not going to tell you everything about all the supernaturals right now...but lets start with what you're going to be dealing with most. You're going to be working with vampires, so you need to know they can read minds. Witches can't read minds, so oftentimes a vampire's best skill to us is as a spy. And their biggest strength is in their networks, their chains of who bit who. See, the thing is, vampires were like our cell phone towers before we had cell phones...they are actually faster than cell phones, but way more dangerous. See a vampire that's born a vampire has no master or is one by elixir, is just free, but let's say he bites someone. Half the time it's his girlfriend, but things get weird then, because they can talk in their heads to each other at any time, and there is no privacy. But the thing is, if he wanted to, he could control her like a puppet, and she can't do the same thing back, because master vampires, or boss vampires, you know, can do that... They use that to get their brood to do what they say, because if not, they can literally remote control their body to do stuff. The most common punishment is to make an uncooperative vampire stand in the sun. Sun burns them, but it's kind of slower than you'd think from the movies. But if they stand there long enough, their skin starts to smolder and they catch on fire, and if they still stand there, they crumble to ashes. But anyway, most vampires will do whatever their boss vampire says. Because the boss can also see and hear and communicate with those vampires they bit and all the way down the chain, they make excellent spies, but they'd turn on us in a minute if the circumstances were right, so most of us don't really like working close to them. Most of the boss vampires I've met are like petty dictators over their spawn, but boss vampires scheme against each other, and houses of vampires will kill each other to the last vampire if us witches allow it."

Rafael: He wondered whether the Hemlocks had bitten Vladimir, but if so, they wouldn't have had to arrange an apartment fire for him, would they? Were they rivals? Could vampires block information from each other? Because it seemed as though the Hemlocks had only recently found out they could sell him to Russia, and if they were reading his mind, that would probably have been more obvious sooner...

Zelda: "Basically, vampires make good body guards because of their reflexes and strength and speed, but they make great assassins for the same reason, and their networks diffuse blame, but are also their weak point. Because of course, the different vampire bosses are in a struggle, you can totally take out a boss' strength by curing a vampire somewhere in the middle. The vampire you cured becomes human, but the vampire that he or she bit is now a boss vampire who has a chain of vampires as underlings, it essentially cuts off a chain of vampires from the original network; one cured, the others their own section. In order to 'fix' this, the whole severed chain would have to be cured and re-bitten, and that doesn't often happen, as usually the new boss vampire doesn't want to be an underling again. So, one cure elixir can mess up a huge network of vampires. For this reason, vampires generally don't like to mess with witches. But you can't be too careful. My house is warded against any uninvited vampires, and since you're living here, don't invite any vampires into the house unless I tell you to, alright? They do drink plasma, they are pale, they usually have a bite mark on their neck, their eyes are all pale and shiny...if you know what to look for, you can see them right away."

2vjx44z.jpg

Zelda: "Werewolves, you'll probably not run into. They are mainly useful to us in tracking someone or investigations in places where you can't crystal ball it because of warding, or when you don't want to bother because there is a time constraint. Someone kidnaps someone, a werewolf is a great help, unlike a dog, a werewolf can answer such important questions as 'how many people were here?' 'did they have guns?' and 'how long ago was it, do you think?' They are also a match for a vampire in a fight with reflexes and strength, and their eyes are particularly pale and shiny too, but their skin isn't, sometimes they'll have full fur, sometimes they'll have teeth sticking out, sometimes they'll eat on the table. They tend to stick together in packs. Both werewolves and vampires have strong senses, but werewolves senses are generally stronger. We very rarely use werewolves, but very occasionally we do. The house is also warded for werewolves, so don't invite werewolves in without permission either, okay? Because the warding works like this, once you invite someone in, they are invited."

1zxs5du.jpg

Zelda: "The house is also warded for fairies though that probably won't stop them forever. They are very cooperative in general, using their magic to help those around them do things easier, but then again, they love to use their magic to prank people too. They are pretty easy to spot being that they are either a glowing point of light with bug wings flying at you or they are human sized with giant glowing wings sticking out of their back. They mostly kidnap people and take them to go party in fairy houses, as I understand it, but I've heard rumors about an evil fairy to two. No reason to risk it."

28lyyic.jpg

Zelda: "That's really it, I mean, there are cursed sims, such as those shambling around as zombies or toads or screaming because they have a ghost following them...but that's just magic..."

osydcm.jpg

Zelda: "Ah, here we go. Sleep elixir. You know, in case I go visiting a heavily warded area or something."

213j4fr.jpg

Zelda: "Yeah, I guess it's not that bad, when you have someone to help distract from the boring...ness. So, can we do something fun now?"

Rafael: "Vhy, Zyelda, vhat do you haf in mind?" It was mock innocence, of course, with a playful tone, but he was delighted that she was doing something with him instead of still trying to keep him far from her.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2014
    Unfortunately for Juliet she did not find anything worthwhile in the dumpster to sell so she could pay her bills, and she did indeed receive that final day notice, she ended up selling a chair from her house. It's not like she needed it anyway, she had two big comfy chairs and a couch, and being single and living alone with no friends to visit she really didn't need that much. It was certainly better to sell the chair on her own than let the repo man decide what she would give up.

She was finally on her two days off, broke she couldn't afford to do much, but she didn't mind...she'd probably just sleep the days away. Unless of course she woke up at 4am, like she did on Wednesday, what an awful time to wake up at. Well whatever, she was up and hungry so she decided to make some pancakes, and well her stove caught fire again.
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-hYFtjYs7Z48/VGppwlWgJNI/AAAAAAAABw0/8q0n7OBeGdM/w1036-h585-no/Screenshot-4668.jpg[/img]

The firefighter who responded did not appreciate having to return to her house and gave Juliet the nastiest look.
    Screenshot-4669.jpg

Jeez, I'm sorry you have to do your job lady. You're obviously the one who has it worst here, you get paid to come and put out the fire and you get to leave and be done with it, other than needing to get off your lazy butt it doesn't actually affect you in anyway. My sim however would like a day in her life where something doesn't go wrong, and she like to not have to sell more stuff from her house to replace her stupid stove. So get over it, and get out, or allow me to smack that look of your ugly face; even better I can make you die in a fire, and make it look like you caused it, wouldn't that be great the firefighter who died in a fire she caused? Should I? You're going to run away, that's probably a good choice. Bye-bye.

She sold her other living chair so she could replace her oven, and just tried to enjoy her days off at home watching videos on her phone and blogging. Even blogging didn't go well, she managed to lose 13 followers when she didn't even have any in the first place; she had no idea how that worked but leave it to her to manage it anyway. Her phone broke after she dropped it, she'd have to replace after work on Friday when she had more money again. She didn't want to sell anything to replace it.

She got home from work on Friday and found her kitchen sink was broken and was flooding her kitchen. She was too exhausted to repair it herself, so she called a repairman to fix it for her; between her phone repairs and the sink repairs she would be broke again but it seemed worth it. The repairman never showed up, but the company still charged her the money for repairs. She ended up repairing it herself in the morning.
    Screenshot-4673.jpg

It really seemed as if things were just never going to look up for the poor girl.
    edited November 2014
    Narrator: Folks, I apologize for the scene last time we were here, but while Shelby is cooling her heels and hopefully learning her lesson (I won't hold my breath on that) we will see what Ning Shui and Ashleigh are doing.

Shelby from a distance clanging a cup on metal bars starts singing in a deep fake voice: Nooooobooodddyy knows the troubles I've seen Noooobooody knows my sorrow.

Narrator walking toward the cell: Ok quit with the dramatics Shelby! You are on a hiatus until you can get over yourself.

Shelby yawning and showing extreme unconcern: Well you got a long wait sister, and this story will stink without me, as dear sister Ashleigh is more boring than mud. Besides I still have your diary, and I won't hesitate to use it!

Narrator conceding that maybe Shelby had a point about Ashleigh, but not willing to admit it to shelby.

Narrator: Well remember we strip searched you, and found my diary and this time I put it in a safe place.

Shelby face smirking in return: You kidding me? I have insurance as that was just a copy of the original. I still have that and a few more copies besides. Be warned. In fact I left instructions with a friend of mine you don't know that if she doesn't hear from me for a few days, to release the diary to all major news networks. So I wouldn't keep me locked up for too long sweetie! Just saying! So I suggest you tell everyone what happened after I met Gunther Goth. I mean we all know they would rather hear that then what pathetic Ning Shui and my dear 🐸🐸🐸🐸 retentive sister are up to. My story is much more entertaining. Besides I have an escape plan. You shall see.

Narrator trying not to rip the bars apart and throttle Shelby with her bare hands.

Narrator putting on her best nonchalance act ever walks away as if she was on a stroll on a summer day in the park.

Narrator as I was saying back to the story; After miss jail bird, er I mean Shelby tried shamefully blackmailing Ning Shui, he decided he would go talk to her sister to try to find a way to stop Shelby's plans.

zu2srq.jpg

Ning Shui found where Ashleigh, Shelby's sister, lived by asking people around town and finally arrived at the door.

Shelby yelling: Oh that is lame. Surely you can do better than that. A five year old could be more creative.

Narrator heading toward the cell: Excuse me folks.

Sounds of cell door opening, yelling, scuffling.

Narrator: Grab her hands, yeah stuff it in good. Get that rope tie up her hands.

Shelby struggling yelling loudly: mmpffft mmmptff ummmffft

Narrator locking cell door straightening her hair and clothes: Oh Shelby don't worry about getting the handkerchief all slobbery, as it has to be washed anyways. I blew my nose earlier. Before this is over you will apologize to me, these nice folks, learn to behave yourself and destroy all copies of my diary.

Shelby eyes widening in horror trying desperately to spit out handkerchief: mmmfffppptt ppfffttt mmmmpffft

Narrator grinning enjoying her triumph thinking why didn't I do this from the beginning? Again sorry folks for the interference. The connection has been fixed. Now back to our story.

Ashleigh hearing the doorbell wondered who it could be. Undoubtedly it was one of Shelby's questionable "friends" or "lovers". She sighed maybe she should just ignore it as she didn't want to be bothered. In spite of her best efforts to ignore it the door bell kept ringing. Obviously whoever was on the other side of the door knew she was home. Sighing she knew she didn't have a choice, but she was going to look out the window to see who it was. To her surprise there was a nice looking man. She didn't know him, and if he was for Shelby, that was shocking as he didn't seem her type. He was too clean cut. She walked to the door.

Ashleigh slightly annoyed: Hello. May I help you?

Ning Shui looking at the attractive brunette standing at the door. Could this be Ashleigh?

Ashleigh saw him looking her admiringly and feeling exposed blushed. Uncomfortable she snapped rather unkindly: Excuse me, I am not going to stand here and be assaulted and stripped naked. She started to close the door.

Ning Shui embarrassed: Oh pardon me miss, I meant no offense. Please I need to talk to you about your sister Shelby.

Ashleigh slowly reopened the door: My sister? What about my sister?

Ning Shui: I would prefer not to air dirty laundry for the neighbors. May I come in?

Ashleigh reluctant, but realizing he wouldn't be here if there wasn't something wrong let him in.

Ning Shui: Thank you. I don't mean to alarm you, but I maybe in big trouble, and your sister is the reason why.

Ashleigh blanched: What had Shelby done now? She couldn't bring herself to say anything feeling the old creeping fear that her life was going to be turned upside down once again and like last time it would be Shelby's fault!

Ning Shui seeing Ashleigh upset felt a little foolish and remorseful: Look maybe you should sit down.

Ashleigh: No! She had her life back. With her insanity it had been hard to fight and get that life back and now Shelby it seemed was going to cost her that life again. She felt her grip on reality starting to slip just a bit.

4uxy09.jpg

Ning Shui seeing her eyes get a far away distant look was freaked out: Hey, Ashleigh! He snapped his fingers and she started to come back. Are you ok? I am here to talk about your sister. I know she is a witch, and I was wondering being a witch yourself if you could help me.

Ashleigh trying to focus: Witch? How did he know she was a witch? That was something she kept firmly hidden as she despised that part of her.

Ning Shui: Please your sister is trying to blackmail me, and I don't know what to do. She is too powerful for me to fight. I am not a supernatural and have no powers. I know I am asking a lot, but you are my only hope.

The memories she had worked so hard to suppress were starting to niggle at the edges of her mind. She saw glimpses of her boyfriend writhing on the ground in agony, screaming in terror, begging for mercy. Noooo she wouldn't go any further.

Ashleigh: No, I have no powers! Shelby's father was a witch, but I have a different father. So you see I can't help you. Please you must leave now!

Ning Shui didn't know how he knew it, but she was lying. He could see she was upset and that there was no reasoning with her. He would go away, but he would come back.

Ashleigh: Please! I said leave! I won't tell you again! I am sorry for what my sister is doing, but you need to talk to her! There is nothing I can do.

Ning Shui dejected walked out the door. He heard the door slam behind him. He must admit he found her to be different than Shelby. He was worried and wanted to help her. How could she be related to that unpleasant nasty Shelby? He frowned. Well there was nothing he could do for now. He walked toward the sidewalk and stopped looking back at the house frowning. He didn't know why, but he hesitated.

Ashleigh slumped against the door filled with terror her heart pounding. The walls started to fade away, and she was in a field on a cold rainy day. She saw her boyfriend standing by the tree where they had to agreed to meet. She saw herself starting toward the tree filled with happiness upon seeing her boyfriend. She had good news to tell him. No! Not again. NOOOOO!!!!!!!! She tried to run toward younger self to beg her to run away, before it was too late, but she couldn't move! She was appalled. Dear Lord in Heaven it was going to happen again, and she would have to stand here helpless and watch it all unfold again!
    Post edited by Colorist40 on
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    @Celiria Nice update! I think those two just find any reason to seduce or woohoo with each other, lol. I think it's kind of cute. :)

@Zabeth0 I like the whole concept of how difficult it is to cure a witch. It certainly presents a challenge, and then there is the fact that the person would just not be the same if he or she was cured. :) Nice update! And did Rafael flirt a bit at the end there? ;)

@dreamerz13 I have to ask, does this poor girl have the Unlucky trait because it seems like everything is going wrong for her. :(

@Colorist40 Lol, the narration is too funny. It feels like you're actually there. xD It seems these sisters have quite a bit to hide, don't they?

So I played a little bit today, but I wasn't feeling too well, so I stopped after about half an hour of game play, during that time, I ended up aging up Savannah and Raquelle since I didn't feel like waiting two more days for them. I decided to spoil you with a picture of them. :)

OGpvtwC.png

I tried to give Savannah a bit of a girly look and Raquelle and edgy look, but I'm pretty limited on teen CC. So I had to make do with what I had. I honestly love the way they turned out, even if Raquelle is rather horse faced. She's kind of cute. :) I also didn't give them much make-up (just eyeliner and lipgloss) because they're technically only fourteen and their parents won't let them go all out. I wasn't allowed to go bizarre with my make-up until I was 16, and even then my dad would cringe each time I came out of my room with eyeshadow on, even the most subtle colors.

But I'm rambling again, lol. But the next update will most likely be narrative based and told in Raquelle's point of view, sort of like a journal or a diary. I think that'll be fun to do. :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Page 366

@MayaRose1138 That's good. While Kristy has already wished to have a child, Hal hasn't yet. He may eventually, but since they aren't going to have any children for a long time yet, there's plenty of time for him to get to that point.

To change the speed of skill gain to match your relativity settings, you need to use the “Skill Gain Factor” setting, and give each skill you want to slow down a negative number.

@and-it-is-on Welcome back! I'm glad you were able to get your game working again.

@Celiria OK, but since that is the way you choose to do your updates, please refrain from apologizing for your updates being boring. Repeated apologies are more boring what you're apologizing for.

I've noticed with Sims 3 also, that community lots require certain items to be recognized as a specific type of lot. For example, if your sim has a band, they can only play gigs at lots with a professional bar in them, and the wall speakers won't work in a hangout that doesn't have a bar. But at least Ashley got paid a decent amount for her performance.

Is that green supposed to be because the toilet has gotten really dirty, or is it supposed to be cleaning chemicals?

It's good the girls keep their priorities right.

@venusdemilosims Yeah, being a lifelong country girl, I couldn't handle living in a dorm at college myself. I was a very light sleeper, and even so much as the sound of someone walking across the floor or dropping a small item a floor or two above was too much noise for me to get to sleep.

@Colorist Well, I do still want to get the last Chinese vase, so Kristy can be looking for that while Hal does ranked sparring matches. I could cheat and get it from Angela, along with the dropa stone, but I'd rather not, unless I absolutely can't find them. I'm going to make that one more trip, and that's it. If they don't find it then, I'll get transfer it from Angela, so they'll have the complete set. I'm not really interested in exploring all the caves again any time soon.

Oh, I don't think Hal will have a problem with having children. I've had other sims married to men with commitment issues, and they made good husbands and fathers. You just have to keep the relationship bar high.

Page 367

@TadOlson I so agree on the school day being too long for them to have jobs. I've had a few teens take part time jobs when I first started playing the game, but it's nearly impossible for them to do anything else, other than school, work, and homework, so I don't do that anymore.

Another busy day for Cory and Angel, I see. Don't they ever spend time chatting with each other, or doing fun things together?

Page 368

@Celiria Are those raspberries Ashley is harvesting?

How nice that Cassidy's father was there for Ashley's performance.

Oh, not a good idea quitting her paying job because she'd rather write, without talking to Ashley about it first, when Ashley sometimes doesn't make anything in her work. It's also going to be that much longer before they'll have the money to adopt, too. Did Cassidy think of that?

By the way, I take it that the mod you were going to use to allow pregnancy was the same one that crashed your game when you used it to make that other sim pregnant at the beginning of the game.

@Zabeth0 Interesting update on elixirs and supernaturals. So, it appears that the vampire that bit Rafael can make his body go through the necessary motions to kill Zelda, no matter how hard he might resist. This is definitely not looking good. I hope Deeded has discovered what's happened by now, because it seems that time has got to be running out, even though this is still the same day that Zelda made the buckwheat pancakes for breakfast. Does the game provide an elixir to kill witches too? I know there's one for vampires, but I hadn't heard any mention of ones to cure other supernaturals. I guess there should be.

@dreamerz13 Wow, poor Juliette, just can't get a break, can she?! Has she ever had a day that something major didn't go wrong?

@Colorist40 I think Shelby's bluffing about having copies of the diary. That would be very time-consuming to accomplish, and she doesn't seem like the type to go to that much work. Besides, does she really have any friends she can trust to do that kind of evil deed? The one friend she had over to Ashley's house at the beginning didn't seem the type that would.

I'm not too clear on what it was Asheigh was remembering. Did she accidentally, or in a fit of insanity, cast a spell that hurt or killed her boyfriend? Or are you leaving that up in the air on purpose?

@LunBeauty The girls look good as teens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top