March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mooch off your Neighbor Challenge! :)

Comments

• worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    plum phone makes it to much work to answer! :\ LOL When I get home I shall reread your posts and answer them OK! :)
    LOL Auto correct is really giving me a time with your name! :p

:# Sorry, it is afrikaans, means sausage dog in english. I am South African.

... the cashe file.. :| I forgot about that thing
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    ...Try doing what I did for awhile; stay at your friends house for a couple of days then go out like once a week to the gym and around town. See if that helps some. I do this when I know that I am taxing my computer but not ready to go out and back in yet. ;) ...

Heh more power to you, @Terrylin! I have a hard enough time doing short texts on my phone (dang auto-correct!). I can't imagine trying to post whole messages!

I didn't think of having Minnie stay on-site in a moochee house for a few days. It's probably because the roommates' house doesn't have a lot of amenities. Minnie crashes (in the go-to-bed sense), makes breakfast and bolts :). Perhaps I need her to crash in more upscale digs.
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Have you tried deleting your cashe file after each end play session? It will help the lag

I haven't cleared a cache at all, ever in Sims 4 (Emotion: Embarrassed!). I tried once but couldn't locate the proper files and just never got back around to it. I'm sure you're right -- I need to go attend to that. It certainly can't hurt!

edited October 2014
    Weird and Weirder

Well, Minnie's story just took a turn for the macabre. Fitting, I suppose, since we're so close to Halloween and I'm simultaneously playing and watching Psycho.

For the last day or so, Minnie has been crashing with the Landgraabs (oooo sweet house!). Even though she literally just landed on their doorstep, uninvited and unannounced, they graciously opened their home to her and have been quite hospitable.

She, of course, has been her charming self. Things were amicable all-round.

Well, this evening, she was happily painting, although in dire need of a bathroom break ("just a few more brushstrokes..."). Suddenly, she heard a bloodcurdling scream. She bolted out of the house but when she smelled smoke, ran back in to investigate. It was she who found poor Nancy's corpse on the patio beside the grill. The sprinklers were on, but, alas, it was too late. The Grim Reaper had already made his way to the scene.

Minnie pleaded but it was of no use. Nancy was urn-ified. Minnie was now caught in a quandry -- mourn? Or go to the bathroom? She chose the bathroom, but, because the fire was still raging, she couldn't go. Minnie potty-waddled back to the patio (where Grim was smirking), whipped out a fire extinguisher and went to town. With the flames subdued, she potty-waddled back to the bathroom.

You Know Who followed.

Well, what the heck, she thought. Minnie turned on the charm, and the two struck up a conversation. Sadly, Grim was soon called to another appointment, so he *poofed*. Minnie realized she was still in need of some social interaction, so after whipping up a quick salad (facing Death can make a gal hungry!), she went upstairs and hopped on the computer.

And here's where it gets weirder. Grim showed up as a chattable option! What the heck, she thought, let's do it! She and Grim had a grand ol' chat and now, they're friends! Literally, Minnie's first friend in this challenge is Grimmy!

Man, is she going to have a story to tell when Nathan Geoffery (why did I call him Nathan???) and Malcolm get home (I think they were both out at work/school). Hmmmm and come to think of it, this sort of makes Minnie the Lady of the House. Not a bad haul for a moocher!

I wasn't planning on telling stories with this game but this was too goofy to let go past :). My first time meeting Grim in Sims 4 :D. And he was far easier to befriend than any of the other Sims with whom she's interacted. I wonder what that implies?
    Oh, and I did check settings, but left them where they are for the time being. They're at a mix of Medium and High. I also did more research on cache clearing and cleared out to the best of my ability. That may have done the trick, because I noticed Minnie doesn't spend as much time just standing about like she used to. And, I was able to play an hour or so with no crashing (earlier this evening, she had 2 crashes in about 50 minutes).

Fingers crossed things will be a bit more stable.
    edited October 2014
    Weird and Weirder

Well, Minnie's story just took a turn for the macabre. Fitting, I suppose, since we're so close to Halloween and I'm simultaneously playing and watching Psycho.

Minnie pleaded but it was of no use. Nancy was urn-ified. Minnie was now caught in a quandry -- mourn? Or go to the bathroom? She chose the bathroom, but, because the fire was still raging, she couldn't go. Minnie potty-waddled back to the patio (where Grim was smirking), whipped out a fire extinguisher and went to town. With the flames subdued, she potty-waddled back to the bathroom.

You Know Who followed.

Well, what the heck, she thought. Minnie turned on the charm, and the two struck up a conversation. Sadly, Grim was soon called to another appointment, so he *poofed*. Minnie realized she was still in need of some social interaction, so after whipping up a quick salad (facing Death can make a gal hungry!), she went upstairs and hopped on the computer.

And here's where it gets weirder. Grim showed up as a chattable option! What the heck, she thought, let's do it! She and Grim had a grand ol' chat and now, they're friends! Literally, Minnie's first friend in this challenge is Grimmy!

:#:#:#

ROFLcopters!!! Had a good giggle!

"potty- waddle", you madam need to TM that word!!! Urn-ified LOL

Death by fire >:) my favorite way to cause the *cough*, I mean notice that a sim suddenly died... yes, that will do.

Darth Vader and Princess Leie's ghosts are 'good friends' with Grimmy. Grimmy is forever calling them from the Netherworlds for a chat between appointments.

Are you going to 'woo', oops sorry, I mean, console the poor Geoffrey Landgraab?

Oh, and I did check settings, but left them where they are for the time being. They're at a mix of Medium and High. I also did more research on cache clearing and cleared out to the best of my ability. That may have done the trick, because I noticed Minnie doesn't spend as much time just standing about like she used to. And, I was able to play an hour or so with no crashing (earlier this evening, she had 2 crashes in about 50 minutes).

Fingers crossed things will be a bit more stable.

I guess you have to be out of the game to clear the cache? I think I am making a *plum* (sorry forum, I did not know that previous word, was a swear) of myself for asking this but anyhoo... LOL
    I tried yesterday in game and well.. the deleted files just kept popping back in there.

Post edited by worsiedog on
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    The cache file will generate a new file after each game session, that is why it will benefit to delete it after a play session or two :)
    The cache file will generate a new file after each game session, that is why it will benefit to delete it after a play session or two :)

Thanks :) i will delete it now with the game exited and then reload. I feel like a noob, I completely forgot about the cache thing altogether...

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Weird and Weirder

For the last day or so, Minnie has been crashing with the Landgraabs (oooo sweet house!). Even though she literally just landed on their doorstep, uninvited and unannounced, they graciously opened their home to her and have been quite hospitable.

She, of course, has been her charming self. Things were amicable all-round.

Well, this evening, she was happily painting, although in dire need of a bathroom break ("just a few more brushstrokes..."). Suddenly, she heard a bloodcurdling scream. She bolted out of the house but when she smelled smoke, ran back in to investigate. It was she who found poor Nancy's corpse on the patio beside the grill. The sprinklers were on, but, alas, it was too late. The Grim Reaper had already made his way to the scene.

You Know Who followed.

Man, is she going to have a story to tell when Nathan Geoffery (why did I call him Nathan???) and Malcolm get home (I think they were both out at work/school). Hmmmm and come to think of it, this sort of makes Minnie the Lady of the House. Not a bad haul for a moocher!

I wasn't planning on telling stories with this game but this was too goofy to let go past :). My first time meeting Grim in Sims 4 :D. And he was far easier to befriend than any of the other Sims with whom she's interacted. I wonder what that implies?

OMG! I love it! :p

I have yet to see Grimmy in my game dangit! :(

WOW first friend already and Grimmy to boot! That is very impressive. LOL Grimmy being easier to befriend is strange but then again maybe he just understands you better and was trying to help you out by giving you a push towards Geoffery. :p Malcolm could use a firm hand controlling his mean streak also.
    So you plan on um...consoling Geoffery? >:) Moocher is the consoling lady of the house now, not bad at all! >:) Geoffery will need some TLC and I am sure he would let you sleep with him in his bed, I mean since you are consoling him and all. ;)

Potty-waddle is perfect LOL Hum urn-ified works for me! :p
    Yep the Landgrabs house is sweet and has everything you need, even exercise equipment. Perfect place to set up mooching.
    I like jumping between the Pancakes & SKL houses, occasionally going to the Landgrabs.

I am glad that @kiwi84 suggestion of deleting cache file helped. I knew that dangit just hadn't thought about it. :)
    In and out is hard on our computers but allot of fun so we do what we have to, to make it work!

All this goings on makes me want to play but I wont be able to till Friday afternoon then I get to binge!! :p

Keep us updated! Happy Mooching!

@kiwi84

Thank you so very much! I do that and really didn't think to mention it. I guess I assumed others did also. See that's what I get for assuming! ;)
    I will now be sure to clean them out more regular. I was only doing them twice a week but with the way this challenge is more often will be a big help I am sure.

Thank you again! Happy Simming! :)

edited October 2014
    worsiedog wrote: »
    plum phone makes it to much work to answer! :\ LOL When I get home I shall reread your posts and answer them OK! :)
    LOL Auto correct is really giving me a time with your name! :p

:# Sorry, it is afrikaans, means sausage dog in english. I am South African.

... the cashe file.. :| I forgot about that thing

LOL I really don't think it had so much to do with what language your name is as that my silly smart phone was trying to tell me what I should be typing. ;) Dang phone does it all the time, placing words willy nilly that I didn't want. I had to go back and forth correcting it's corrections! :\

I don't know if you are in South Africa but will say hello to South Africa anyway!! I think it is so cool that we can know and chat with people from all over the world! So Hello to you and everyone out there in the whole wide world! :)

Oh and I am also going to delete my cache files more often. ;)

Happy Mooching! :)

PS Next time I am taking my tablet to the doctors! It doesn't give me near the grief about my spelling and has more to do on it while I sit and wait and wait and wait..... ;)

...LOL Auto correct is really giving me a time with your name! :p

Heh @Terrylin. That reminds me of the Superbowl radio ad for Motel 6. The hook of the ad is that Tom Bodett (the Motel 6 pitchman) tried to write it on his smartphone, but couldn't figure out how to turn off the autocorrect. The results are hilarious. It starts out with him reassuring us that "...at Motel 6, you can still get a clam comforter roam..." and goes on from there. Mr. Bodett's delivery was spot-on -- he nailed it!

To listen to the whole 30-second spot, go to Youtube and search for Motel 6 Superbowl Radio Spot (it should be the first return -- it was posted by Ray Whitworth 8 months ago).
    ...I think it is so cool that we can know and chat with people from all over the world! So Hello to you and everyone out there in the whole wide world! :) ...

Isn't that great! Along with Sims, I'm a longtime player of MMORPGs (starting back in 2000) and have always been thrilled to be able to play and team up with people from all over. So much fun (not to mention culturally enriching)!
    Eek! Lightning almost struck twice!

Minnie is still Lady of the Manor at the Landgraab estate. She'd just settled down for a well-deserved snooze when the fire alarm went off. Again! This time, she went straight into investigative mode and discovered it was poor Geoffry on fire, in the exact same place where Nancy burned. Matter of fact, Nancy's urn is still there (along with the burn marks on the patio). Darn that BBQ grill -- that model should be recalled!

Fortunately, son Malcolm was on scene and extinguished the flames. Geoffry was scorched, but survived. Noting that things were under control, Malcolm skedaddled, leaving Geoffry and Minnie to chat in the kitchen. I hope she convinced him to order take-out from now on. What? You don't expect Minnie to cook for everyone, do you? Do you know what that would do to her budget???

zPL9im4.png?2

Side note/glitch: Looks like TENSE is the new HAPPY :p
    EPLCJ4O.png?1
    edited November 2014
    Uh oh. I may have to withdraw from this Challenge. I think my file glitched.

Minnie's current tax bill = 15,800. That can't be.

Her current net worth is only about 55000 (Inventory/paintings = 38000, Property = 5500, Cash-on-hand = 10000).
    Her bills so far have been Week 1 = 248, Week 2 = 839 (paintings on display), Week 3 = 422 (paintings sold).

How could her tax bill for Week 4 be 10x more than all her prior bills combined? How can her tax bill be nearly 1/3 of her total worth and 3x more than the value of her property?

Something is wrong and I don't know how to fix it.

Minnie's going on hiatus until I figure this out :(.

Edit: for what it's worth, I have NO CC and no mods. I have nothing downloaded from the Gallery. My game is just as it was when I brought it home from the store. Minnie's lot is still 100% bare. No walls, no landscaping, nothing but the mailbox.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug/glitch. The only way I can think of to get around it is with a money cheat. Assume the true bill is an average of the past 3 weeks (so about 500) and money cheat the rest into Minnie's bank so she can pay the bill. If that's not feasible (if it causes too much havoc in the Challenge), I'll just withdraw.

/sigh why so many bugs? :(
    Post edited by SimPoseyYum on
    Uh oh. I may have to withdraw from this Challenge. I think my file glitched.

Minnie's current tax bill = 15,800. That can't be.

Her current net worth is only about 55000 (Inventory/paintings = 38000, Property = 5500, Cash-on-hand = 10000).
    Her bills so far have been Week 1 = 248, Week 2 = 839 (paintings on display), Week 3 = 422 (paintings sold).

How could her tax bill for Week 4 be 10x more than all her prior bills combined? How can her tax bill be nearly 1/3 of her total worth and 3x more than the value of her property?

Something is wrong and I don't know how to fix it.

Minnie's going on hiatus until I figure this out :(.

Edit: for what it's worth, I have NO CC and no mods. I have nothing downloaded from the Gallery. My game is just as it was when I brought it home from the store. Minnie's lot is still 100% bare. No walls, no landscaping, nothing but the mailbox.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug/glitch. The only way I can think of to get around it is with a money cheat. Assume the true bill is an average of the past 3 weeks (so about 500) and money cheat the rest into Minnie's bank so she can pay the bill. If that's not feasible (if it causes too much havoc in the Challenge), I'll just withdraw.

/sigh why so many bugs? :(

@SimPoseyYum

OH NO Don't pull out! I am really enjoying your story and want to see where your sim ends up! :D Not to mention that the Landgraab family will miss you sorely! :p

I have no idea why your bills shot up. Mine actually went down. His started at $148 I think and at 5 weeks they are $129. All he has in his inventory is a guitar and nothing on the lot at all. I am going to do the 25 paintings when he builds his home so sold everything he paints as he paints them. It could be the paintings but the amount of bills is off if it is. According to SGGraham bills are factored by what you have in both your home & personal inventory, your home and property value. Your cash on hand doesn't count in the bill figuring thank heavens.

I would like us to try and figure out what is causing this rate hike. I have no problem with you using the cheat to pay it then seeing if you can figure out what is being billed. Since I am playing the same way and am not having this issue lets see what is up with this and if it is a bug we need to report. No CC & mods is great but have you used any other cheats other than money cheat to set her money? I only ask this because sometimes cheats make the game wonky. Plus did you turn off the cheats when you took away her money? Some say you don't have to but I have learned from previous games that if you don't really strange things happen.

I know you have been playing by the rules so and this is for fun so lets fix it and enjoy the challenge. I am having so much fun and also having fun reading what you have been up too. You write a good story and I can't wait to see what you get into next. :p

Hang in there Minnie!! I love the new Happy/Tense moodlet! She doesn't look slightly harassed and can't quite pull off a fake happy look! :p

Let us know what you decide. Happy Mooching! :D
    edited November 2014
    @Terrylin

I don't want to withdraw -- this Challenge is way too much fun to abandon! Thanks for letting me continue :).

So, with your permission, I'll money-cheat enough to cover the bill (less the 500 that Minnie should pay from her own bank). I'm so glad I kept detailed notes about her finances. See, this is why the IRS wants you to keep 7 years of tax info! (USA reference -- I don't know about tax record requirements in other countries :)).

Good info regarding what is used in calculating bills. Given that Cash-on-hand is not used in the calculation, Minnie's tax bill makes even less sense. Makes me even more inclined to think it's a bug.

As far as cheats, I have used none, except the initial cheat to bring her cash-on-hand down to 300. Other than that, I have not used any cheats at all, not even for cosmetic purposes. However, I did not manually close the cheat console after using that first cheat. I assumed (incorrectly?) that it closes on its own and definitely closes after any lot-to-lot movement (any time you see a loading screen).

Update:

Last night, her bill was 15,872. This morning it was 15,297. Nothing else changed between the time I logged off and the time I logged on. Weirder and weirder.

Her cash-on-hand was exactly 9,967 (I had rounded it to 10,000 last night).

To keep things on the up-and-up, here's exactly what I did just now:

Beginning Cash .................... 9,967
    Cheat-in .............................. 14,797
    Pay bills ............................... <15,297>

Ending Cash ......................... 9,467

I hope this is the last of the glitches in the file. Heh I doubt it will be, but a gal can dream, right?
    Post edited by SimPoseyYum on
    Hum IRS must have made a mistake and corrected your bill while you slept! :p LOL Really strange though.

OK What do you have in inventory? Graham said the bills are a percentage but it isn't that high a percentage. :o Somewhere I have read that there is an issue with our sim paintings but I can't find nor remember exactly they were. Have to do a search and see if I can find it again.

When I mentioned turning of the cheat I meant that when you turn them on it says in the cheat box they are on then when you are done I type testingcheats false to shut the cheats off. Some have to use off/on my game uses true/false.

So far Davids bills are right but I will keep an eye on them that's for sure. I wondered if I would be charged for all the paintings he has in friends houses and the museum I kept on the easels to prevent others snatching them. So far he hasn't had them show up in his bills and I think he has like 6 other paintings scattered around town, 3 of those finished. Sorry for the rambling just trying to puzzle this out.

OH also did you let your bills go at any time? I haven't yet so don't know if there is some kind of penalty/interest involved. WOW that would be one honker of a penalty/interest! :o

You do know the Landgraabs are in control of the electric so maybe there is a connection there! :p Nancy getting revenge! >:)

You keep track. I don't feel it is cheating if you encounter a bug/glitch and correct it. Works for me, I would do the same because like you I am enjoying the challenge. :)
    edited November 2014
    ...I hope this is the last of the glitches in the file. Heh I doubt it will be, but a gal can dream, right?

Jinxed myself, haha.

After taking care of bills and satisfying a few bio needs, I sent Minnie home to double check the value of the property (it is still 5,500, just as it was when she purchased the lot) and to construct a wall so she could sell off the paintings in her inventory. I know she could have sold them from her backpack, but for role-playing purposes, it felt right to let her admire them one last time. They are her babies, after all. Her money-making babies.

She was down to the last 2 paintings out of 22 total (including 8 Masterpieces) when... CRASH. /sigh Given how many times this file has punked out, I should have named her Crash Bandicoot (from the video game series) or Crash Davis (from the American baseball player on whom the movie Bull Durham was based) :p.

For the record, I tallied up all the painting values right before the crash: 38,547.

The only other items in her backpack are the cheap violin, the cheap guitar, the tablet, 4 salvaged plumbing parts and 17 salvaged common parts. In total, her inventory value is 1,950 (not including the paintings, of course).

I feel like I'm making too many posts in this thread, but every time the game crashes, I figure I may as well check in :). And that's why I'm here now haha. It's not my fault!

Minnie is such an opportunist. Some might say Golddigger. Some might say 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (oooo!). I say she's simply determined and focused.

Example: She was working on the Music Aspiration and was tasked with "Serenade while Flirty". She didn't want to lead poor Geoffry on (she does have "some" scruples), so she headed out to a bar at 7 in the morning, on the hunt for an eligible flirt-ee. Found a bartender who just happened to be the flirty type (lucky Minnie!) and proceeded to slather on the charm. Within a few hours, they were "Lovebirds". Poor fellow never knew what hit him. She tried to Serenade him right there in the bar, but there were too many people in the conversation. One particular woman apparently saw through Minnie's scheme and kept giving Minnie the stink-eye. As a result, the Serenade action kept cancelling. Grrr.

Ever the crafty one, Minnie lured said bartender to the park, and after finding a secluded corner, completed a successful Serenade. A quick "Hug" and off she went, leaving the love-struck flirtee in the dust.

That's our Minnie. Love 'em and leave 'em.
    ...I hope this is the last of the glitches in the file. Heh I doubt it will be, but a gal can dream, right?

Jinxed myself, haha.

After taking care of bills and satisfying a few bio needs, I sent Minnie home to double check the value of the property (it is still 5,500, just as it was when she purchased the lot) and to construct a wall so she could sell off the paintings in her inventory. I know she could have sold them from her backpack, but for role-playing purposes, it felt right to let her admire them one last time. They are her babies, after all. Her money-making babies.

She was down to the last 2 paintings out of 22 total (including 8 Masterpieces) when... CRASH. /sigh Given how many times this file has punked out, I should have named her Crash Bandicoot (from the video game series) or Crash Davis (from the American baseball player on whom the movie Bull Durham was based) :p.

For the record, I tallied up all the painting values right before the crash: 38,547.

The only other items in her backpack are the cheap violin, the cheap guitar, the tablet, 4 salvaged plumbing parts and 17 salvaged common parts. In total, her inventory value is 1,950 (not including the paintings, of course).

Good job keeping track! Geez I have no idea what David's full stats are! :p Figured I would just add up his points at the end! ;)

Now we shall see if it is just the Landgraabs getting even or a bug/glitch. If it persists I would just use the cheat or motherlode to pay the bill shall we say oversite! ;)

Stop crashing dangit!! That's an order! LOL I so wish it was that easy don't you! Glad you are sticking with it! :)
    Mine freezes every now and again don't feel bad. When it moves again I take it as a sign to save go out then back in. :\

edited November 2014
    I feel like I'm making too many posts in this thread, but every time the game crashes, I figure I may as well check in :). And that's why I'm here now haha. It's not my fault!

Minnie is such an opportunist. Some might say Golddigger. Some might say 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (oooo!). I say she's simply determined and focused.

Example: She was working on the Music Aspiration and was tasked with "Serenade while Flirty". She didn't want to lead poor Geoffry on (she does have "some" scruples), so she headed out to a bar at 7 in the morning, on the hunt for an eligible flirt-ee. Found a bartender who just happened to be the flirty type (lucky Minnie!) and proceeded to slather on the charm. Within a few hours, they were "Lovebirds". Poor fellow never knew what hit him. She tried to Serenade him right there in the bar, but there were too many people in the conversation. One particular woman apparently saw through Minnie's scheme and kept giving Minnie the stink-eye. As a result, the Serenade action kept cancelling. Grrr.

Ever the crafty one, Minnie lured said bartender to the park, and after finding a secluded corner, completed a successful Serenade. A quick "Hug" and off she went, leaving the love-struck flirtee in the dust.

That's our Minnie. Love 'em and leave 'em.

OMG That is to funny! Now you are going to have a love sick bartender following you around town hoping for another serenade! >:) You should have thrown a drink in that womans face for daring to interrupt in a love quest! :p

Not lead poor Geoffrey on? Why not what's one more love sick sim in our games! >:)

I so have to get to David! He shall be at it again tomorrow. Still have some ebay stuff to get done today. At least I can also play here while I do ebay stuff! :p

typo
    Ok, now I'm certain I have a bug. Latest bills were just delivered.

House = 5,500. Inventory = 1,950. How can her bills be more than 3 times her net worth??? Makes no sense.

In doing my research, I found an interesting workaround, though. If you switch to an alt household right before the bills come in, your main household doesn't get ANY bills (sounds sort of cheat-y to me but apparently it works). The problem with this workaround, as far as the Challenge goes, is that then our moocher would pay no bills at all, which is also unrealistic.

In any event, I'm bugging this. In the meantime, would it be ok if I continue to approximate bills and cheat-code out the overage? I'm thinking a flat fee of 5% of property and inventory, using the property value as calculated in Build Mode (which includes land, structures, furniture and fixtures). Based on that, Minnie's current bill would come in at ~373, which is more than reasonable.

Bugs. Bah.

House = 5,500. Inventory = 1,950. How can her bills be more than 3 times her net worth??? Makes no sense.

In doing my research, I found an interesting workaround, though. If you switch to an alt household right before the bills come in, your main household doesn't get ANY bills (sounds sort of cheat-y to me but apparently it works). The problem with this workaround, as far as the Challenge goes, is that then our moocher would pay no bills at all, which is also unrealistic.

In any event, I'm bugging this. In the meantime, would it be ok if I continue to approximate bills and cheat-code out the overage? I'm thinking a flat fee of 5% of property and inventory, using the property value as calculated in Build Mode (which includes land, structures, furniture and fixtures). Based on that, Minnie's current bill would come in at ~373, which is more than reasonable.

Bugs. Bah.

You are more than welcome to work around this issue. I don't feel this is actually cheating when the game is feeling vengeful. ;)
    5% sounds and looks about right to me. Isn't there a no bills cheat? Might have to look into that if this keeps up. >:)
    Just a thought but I wonder if somehow the game is billing you for the items you added to the venues? I know my game isn't but I just can't figure out why your bills are skyrocketing. :\
    Now here is another idea for safety. Take Minnie into CAS and save her to your library. I am going to do this with David just so if there is any problems I can just take him from my library and start in a new hood and continue on. :)

Bugs. Bah.

You are more than welcome to work around this issue. I don't feel this is actually cheating when the game is feeling vengeful. ;)
    5% sounds and looks about right to me. Isn't there a no bills cheat? Might have to look into that if this keeps up. >:)
    Just a thought but I wonder if somehow the game is billing you for the items you added to the venues? I know my game isn't but I just can't figure out why your bills are skyrocketing. :\
    Now here is another idea for safety. Take Minnie into CAS and save her to your library. I am going to do this with David just so if there is any problems I can just take him from my library and start in a new hood and continue on. :)
    Thanks for your understanding, @Terrylin :). You're a peach!

I'm not aware of a No Bills cheat, but there is a buyable trait that eliminates bills forever. It costs 2,000 Aspiration points, though, and I don't want to spend that many points to fix a bug. Points are too hard to earn!

With regard to what I spent upgrading other lots, I'm guessing I spent no more than 1500-2000. I bought about 8 lights for the Landgraab's kitchen and another 8 or so lights for the Roommates' kitchen and patio. I also bought 2 easels for the art museum. That's it. I decided against snack bars and whatnot. I want to play with what the game offers. Good thought, though. We need to examine every avenue as to why I got hit with these monster bills :).

Good thinking about saving Sims to the library, too. Minnie is already in mine. Every Sim I've created is in there. I generally double-check before starting a new game to make sure my newly created Sim(s) are there. Just in case.

Can't wait to meet David!

Bugs. Bah.

Thanks for your understanding, @Terrylin :). You're a peach!

I'm not aware of a No Bills cheat, but there is a buyable trait that eliminates bills forever. It costs 2,000 Aspiration points, though, and I don't want to spend that many points to fix a bug. Points are too hard to earn!

With regard to what I spent upgrading other lots, I'm guessing I spent no more than 1500-2000. I bought about 8 lights for the Landgraab's kitchen and another 8 or so lights for the Roommates' kitchen and patio. I also bought 2 easels for the art museum. That's it. I decided against snack bars and whatnot. I want to play with what the game offers. Good thought, though. We need to examine every avenue as to why I got hit with these monster bills :).

Good thinking about saving Sims to the library, too. Minnie is already in mine. Every Sim I've created is in there. I generally double-check before starting a new game to make sure my newly created Sim(s) are there. Just in case.

Can't wait to meet David!

Hey it is the sims we have to do what we do to play them sometimes! :p
    This game can make us pull our hair out sometimes too!!

As for the additions the one you made at individual houses wouldn't count because you entered that family to alter their house. But the venues if you did them while Minnie was with you then that might be the issue. If you did them also through Manage worlds then no they shouldn't be either. Humm Just so very strange. Oh Well we will work around it as you see fit.
    I am also going to start keeping track of stats to see if I have any changes. David is going to start his 6 wk tomorrow so we will see how it goes.

You should save her now with all the skills etc. she has. I believe you can save her now and she would be the same if you had to use her. That way you don't have to start over and skill her up again.

Will take some screenshots for you tomorrow and get my flash drive too! (hopefully) ;)
    (I know better than to loan things out that I want back. :p At least if I don't get it back I can get another one cheap now. Flash drive that is.)
    ... You should save her now with all the skills etc. she has. I believe you can save her now and she would be the same if you had to use her. That way you don't have to start over and skill her up again...

Ahhhh I get it. Good point!

I hear you about lending things out. I rarely lend things. I give (at least, in my mind). If I get it back, it's like a gift! And if I don't, I'm not disappointed :D. Thank goodness no one's ever asked to borrow my car (except immediate family). Exception: I used to lend my notes to absent classmates in school. THOSE I did expect to get back, and always did.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top